Unfortunately we have only made it to 3 months :(

ShanandBoc

Reaction score
Im happy that i made it to 3 months (currently weaning slowly to bottle) despite on going problems, i could have quit hundreds of times but didnt.

I battled on waiting for it to get better, but despite professional help and me trying many different things the pain and discomfort continued. I have large breasts and small nipples (one is worse than the other, its inverted which caused big issues) and despite correct latching from my daughter there wasnt many times that breast feeding was pain free for me.:cry:

I expressed at times but even that i found tedious, depressing and uncomftable and so time consuming :nope:

The amount of times i cried over this, in pain, feeling guilty for wanting to quit - was inasane , my poor DH put up with alot but has been soooo supportive

It was starting to affect my relationship with my daughter, i dreaded feeding, i would be in pain alot of the time during feeding (usually toward the end of the feed) and have discomfort between feeds as well, feeling like glass was cutting my nipples during a feed, split nipples from hell, burning like when you hurt yourself on a hot stove between feeds, i overcame thrush (the on going pain wasnt from this) and lac consultants couldnt find anything wrong with her latch :shrug: I really believe it was my nipples and my size and despite her latching correctly she just couldnt get enough of a mouthful??

It got to the point that i really believe it was causing me to suffer from PND and i just couldnt go on anymore as much as i wanted to BF my LO. Im proud i made it this far and gave my girl the best possible start.

I have her on a organic formula (makes me feel better about it) which she seems fine with and am still on 3 breast feeds a day, am dropping a feed every 4 days or so, so taking my time.

Thanks all for your help and advice over the past 3 months and well done to all you breast feeding mummies!! I just wish our journey was a more positive one with a happier ending but i am feeling much better, much less stressed amd more relaxed which only has to be a good thing for Elleah :flower:

well done for going as long as you did! xx

You've done so well and I know from the other thread that you didn't come to the decision lightly.

Hugs x

Three months is great going considering the problems you've had so give yourself a pat on the back xx

You gave your daughter the best start. You have nothing to feel guilty about, you should be so proud. have a hug from me :hugs:

Thanks ladies :) Ill miss the breast feeding section!!

Ill be back again with baby no.2 to give it my best shot all over again :)

3 months is a great achievement, you should be very proud of yourself :hugs:

Shan you have done so well. 3 months is amazing. I hope you are proud of yourself! Elleah has had so much of you liquid gold! What a fantastic magical start to life you gave her :cloud9: xxxxx

congrats and well done! we're gonna use that organic bellamys formula when im done, i've heard nothing but good things bout it x

Thanks so much for all your beautiful words, i really need it right now.

Vaileasmama yeh we are using Bellamys too, i have heard nothing but good things too and so far so good, her poos have changed (TMI) but they are still quite similar to BF poos and i hear that about it as well.....i guess its the next possible best thing to breast milk being organic.

You've done so well hon :hugs:
I am also joining you in the FF section (which I find quite scary after the BFing one!) I'm so clueless about bottles etc!

well done for bf as long as you did!! sounds like you haven't had an easy time. :hugs:

3 months is fantastic!

Im not sure i could have continued as long as you did if the pain was as bad as it was in the beginning!
Im so proud of you, the decision obvioulsy wasnt taken lightly and your daughter has honestly had the best start :hugs:

WELL DONE :flower:
Oh and LO is beautiful :cloud9:

You've done so well hon :hugs:
I am also joining you in the FF section (which I find quite scary after the BFing one!) I'm so clueless about bottles etc!
See you over there :hugs:

Ill still poke my nose in here as there may be some i can help continue to BF from my experience :thumbup:

Well done! You should feel really proud, you've done amazingly well! :thumbup:

:hugs:

Don't feel guilty at all! You've done a brilliant job considering the problems you've had x

My sister also pointed out that when she was bottle feeding Elleah the other day that she has a really strong suck (she has had a few kids), that prob didnt help the situation either!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->