• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Universal Credit and chilcare help

hulahoop09

Mum to lg and pg #2
Reaction score
Hiya

Just wondering as we are going to start ttc #2 and when I go back to work we will need childcare help which atm we would get (we only get child benefit besides this). The universal credit is going to be introduced from end of this year I believe and rolled out across the country. I read this regarding it

•Childcare element

The childcare element will be given to parents regardless of the number of hours they work towards the cost of childcare. The costs will continue one month after a period of work ends so that a childcare placement can be secured and it will be easier to move to other work. Claims can also be made for deposits and advance costs. The childcare element will pay 70% of costs up to £760 for one child or £1,300 for two children per month. Both members of a couple have to be in work for this to apply, unless there is some reason that the person who is not working is unable to look after the children. This amount will be exempt from the benefits cap.

What I was wondering is are they trying to help us working parents who have to pay for childcare, I am worried they may reduce childcare cost help but it seems they are saying they want to help more with this so more people can work and more people who do work and pay childcare only to receive pennies from their wage will see more of a benefit from working.

I just pray they dont cut the help we would receive atm! Lol.

xx

i don't see a difference between that and the childcare element of working tax credits

it will be means tested just the same, only difference is they are lumping the benefits together, probably to save them admin costs

Ah is it. We dnt get it at the mo so wasnt too sure. Thanks for the reply!

Xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnewt116
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->