Unsure about #2 due to gender?

Jbree

Reaction score
When i was pregnant with my daughter I really wanted a girl but we have always said we would like 2 so i kind of thought to myself if our first was a boy I would have a second chance and was ok with the idea. When we found out she was a girl we were both over the moon. But now we are talking about trying for #2 I really want a boy. I would love one of each. but the problem is I sort of feel like if its not going to be a boy I would be happy with just one child... It sounds so terrible and to make matters worse i know my husband would like a boy too even without saying it. Im I just being stupid i know that i would love another little girl as much and having sisters would be nice but I can't shift this feeling.

I think that's a normal feeling for some. If i had of had a boy and a girl i would have got DH to have the snip right away :haha: but we had two boys and while i was happy with that, we weren't going to have any more, i changed my mind after a few years and we decided to have another. We ended up with another boy, and i had GD so badly with my pregnancy with him but now hes here i wouldn't have it any other way. I love my boys dearly.
However i knew i didn't want 4 boys and we decided no more kids. Hubby was refused the snip and we accidently got pregnant again! We are having a girl this time though but i know, even though the baby would have still been loved just as much, i would have been absolutely gutted with another boy.
Anyway, the point to my post is I'd not consider another baby unless id be happy to have either gender if that makes sense.
:hugs:

Thanks for replying. Aw your family sounds lovely 3 big brothers to look after her. I think my feelings are just now i want my cake and to eat it! lol.

I used to think that the perfect family was one boy and one girl. When I had my first and he turned out to be a boy I just thought that I'd have another and get the girl I desperately wanted. When my second was a boy I was devastated and then when our third surprise baby was another boy I suffered really badly with gender disappointment, he's one next week and I'm still suffering now. However I look at my boys playing and I'm so grateful I have 3 boys they play together so beautifully, they have the same interests and are best friends. All the other children on our estate are so bored when their friends aren't out but my oldest 2 especially spend hours playing together. My point being that yes I understand that feeling of wanting one of each but I now think that two of the same gender might be better

I agree two of the same gender is so fab I wanted a boy with my first and I got him second time I did slightly want a girl but also didnt mind a boy so he had a brother I had a boy wasn't one but disappointed didn't even want any more children was happy with boys having a girl didn't bkther me at all we got pregnant unexpectedly and I from no where wanted a girl so badly I found out his was another boy and I cried my eyes out before I even left the room it passed quickly tho
And seeing my boys together and playing ino when cruz is old enough to play it will be lovely there my whole world and I wouldn't change them . I don't mind being a boy momma altho I still would love a girl I think s girl would change our whole family and then surely I'd want another girl to give her a sister !
I hope you get what u want Hun it's hard feeling this way X

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"