Update on PurpleDahlia!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just had a thought, I know that she doesn't have Eternal Rose's number so maybe she didn't answer because it wasn't a number she knew? I know I won't answer calls from numbers I don't know xx

Yeah but she knows Katie's number I think, and a couple of the other girls she was text buddies with.

Just had a thought, I know that she doesn't have Eternal Rose's number so maybe she didn't answer because it wasn't a number she knew? I know I won't answer calls from numbers I don't know xx

Yeah but she knows Katie's number I think, and a couple of the other girls she was text buddies with.

Yeah but I think Katie said she has no credit so hasn't been able to ring, just text. I think Eternal is the only one who's actually tried calling xx

Maybe when the doctor said "its best to just contact her family" she/he was saying that due to being in a hurry or just because thats what they are told to say when there not allowed to give out ANY information.

:hugs: :hugs:

Hope 2 hear something soon

Only thing I can think of is that if at 11pm last night, she was 4cm - they would give her another 8-10 hours to deliver naturally, bringing us up to around 8am, then if she went to section after that, she might have only got up to post-natal in the afternoon. Fingers crossed nothing untoward has happened and the poor girl is just shattered after being in slow labour for so long xxx

I really do hope she's okay.

You'd of thought she would have at least text 1 person back, I know when I had my LO I was so busy looking after him and still in a daze I only sent a few texts but I did answer people.

I was gonna suggest someone maybe calling and saying they are a relation, but if its only the main switchboard receptionist you get through to probs wouldn't help anymore.

Will keep checking for updates

x

Just to add as femme said,I had a 34 hour established labour with my DD and did not really focus in anything else as I was in pain and so so tired plus high on gas and air!!Hopefully this is the worst case scenario for her.xx

Jesus! Established labour for me was only 6 hours and I was completely exhausted!!! But definitely was not up for texting anyone during that time, I was too busy clicking my epi top up and talking crap at people plus wriggling around in pain. I had loads of missed texts and calls and I hadn't noticed my phone making noise once.

I'm sure she's fine, probably just having a rough ride since she was dliated but not effaced she could be in the middle of an induction? Contacting the family is what they always tell you to do, I'm sure it doesn't mean anything.

Luckily second time round went from 4cm to him being delivered in 20mins talk about a contrast!

Hopefully everything is fine and she is just so busy focusing on the birth/or her baby.xx

Just a thought but with my 1st daughter i was in labour for 32 hours but then ended up having an emergency c-section.. after the section i was so spaced out on morphine for the pain that i didnt have a clue what planet i was on for a good 12 hours. So maybe if she has had to have a c-section she is just so dosed up that she cant text/ring or answer x

10 at night lastnight, 4cm they recon 1cm per hour that takes you too 4am thismorning at LEAST and probably how slow things had been going with her even longer then if she needed an emergancy c-section or somthing that could have been like as late as 10am thismorning i guess which isnt even 12 hours ago shes probably flat out hasnt got a clue whats going on around her! *hopefully!*

It took me 6 hours to progress by 1cm after I was fully effaced and 4cm AND my waters had gone... they told me I'd go 36 hours until induction and it was only because my mum is a MW at the hospital I gave birth in that they only actually let me go 15/16 hours. These things can honestly take ages and her cervix was still thick, she still had her waters and Ava wasn't fully engaged... it has the makings of a very long labour so I wouldn't be surprised if she's not had Ava yet as they let you labour until the baby shows signs of distress before talks of c section arise and that could be days.

She'll be back before we know it with all the details of what a time she's had, I'm sure of it. x

I really do hope she's okay.

You'd of thought she would have at least text 1 person back, I know when I had my LO I was so busy looking after him and still in a daze I only sent a few texts but I did answer people.

I was gonna suggest someone maybe calling and saying they are a relation, but if its only the main switchboard receptionist you get through to probs wouldn't help anymore.

Will keep checking for updates

x

I know and they dont just put you through, they want to know who you want to speak too and why e.t.c , which is why the receptionist is going to call me back x

I hope she is ok just to add when i had jacob i was in established labour (4cm-birth) for 29hrs! I updated BnB on the thursday night saying i was in hospital and 4cm and wouldnt be long jacob never appeared till 7.16 on the saturday!!

Anyway my point being she may just be having a really long labour and if she is coping they do (well they did with me) just leave me to it :)

Try to stay positive :) Your all such a good group of caring people XxxX

shes got my number and no ones picking up when i just called. :-(

Does anyone have her on Facebook? Perhaps if someone does, they could contact a family member via there? I know when I couldnt get a hold of Alice&Bump for a few days ages ago, I found her sister (same surname) from her FB and PMd her. She told me she was fine etc.

aw isnt it awful too think she might still be in labour! bless her!

Does anyone have her on Facebook? Perhaps if someone does, they could contact a family member via there? I know when I couldnt get a hold of Alice&Bump for a few days ages ago, I found her sister (same surname) from her FB and PMd her. She told me she was fine etc.

I messsaged her sister on facebook about an hour ago. Had no reply as of yet though. x

I messsaged her sister on facebook about an hour ago. Had no reply as of yet though. x

Has her sister got her number under the 'info' bit?

twiggy, is there anyway you could find out through your Mum if she is ok?

I think we're starting to get pretty worried now. It doesn't seem like her to not text in almost 24 hours.

Iv foned my mum and she says that it would put her colleagues in a difficult position to disclose any info to her (even as a friend, co-worker and midwife)...and that normal procedure at the hospital is to notify the patient/family that 'insert name' has called and ask them what they want the midwife to do/say?

but mum said if she was 4cm at 11pm last night they would have definitely had her delivered by 11 this morning, whether that be crash section or whatever. So she should have had her by now...

however claire did say she didnt want to text anyone when she was in labour/straight after...so maybe she'l just txt wen shes ready?

I've just had a reply from her sister. She said:

hey, ye i am.

well she is still in labour i think. so that is probly why she isnt replying to the texts haha. i dont really know what is happening

xx

Hmm...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
queenmom14