Update on PurpleDahlia!

Status
Not open for further replies.
twiggy, is there anyway you could find out through your Mum if she is ok?

I think we're starting to get pretty worried now. It doesn't seem like her to not text in almost 24 hours.

Iv foned my mum and she says that it would put her colleagues in a difficult position to disclose any info to her (even as a friend, co-worker and midwife)...and that normal procedure at the hospital is to notify the patient/family that 'insert name' has called and ask them what they want the midwife to do/say?

but she said if she was 4cm at 11pm last night they would have definitely had her delivered by 11 this morning, whether that be crash section or whatever. So she should have had her by now...

however claire did say she didnt want to text anyone when she was in labour/straight after...so maybe she'l just txt wen shes ready?

When did she say that hun? x

twiggy, is there anyway you could find out through your Mum if she is ok?

I think we're starting to get pretty worried now. It doesn't seem like her to not text in almost 24 hours.

Iv foned my mum and she says that it would put her colleagues in a difficult position to disclose any info to her (even as a friend, co-worker and midwife)...and that normal procedure at the hospital is to notify the patient/family that 'insert name' has called and ask them what they want the midwife to do/say?

but she said if she was 4cm at 11pm last night they would have definitely had her delivered by 11 this morning, whether that be crash section or whatever. So she should have had her by now...

however claire did say she didnt want to text anyone when she was in labour/straight after...so maybe she'l just txt wen shes ready?

yeah, that's exactly whats happened in the past when I've been in hospital.

Thanks hun :hugs:

aw isnt it awful too think she might still be in labour! bless her!

i was just thinking that, poor thing, i hope shes comfortable though (well as comfy as you can be with a baby coming out of your lady bits)

Does anyone have her on Facebook? Perhaps if someone does, they could contact a family member via there? I know when I couldnt get a hold of Alice&Bump for a few days ages ago, I found her sister (same surname) from her FB and PMd her. She told me she was fine etc.

I messsaged her sister on facebook about an hour ago. Had no reply as of yet though. x

Has her sister got her number under the 'info' bit?

No number :nope: x

I've just had a reply from her sister. She said:

hey, ye i am.

well she is still in labour i think. so that is probly why she isnt replying to the texts haha. i dont really know what is happening

xx

Hmm...

:wacko: I guess that explains it then...xx

I sure hope things are okay!!

She is probably just busy or something :) ... thinking of her though, and hope all is well!

well at least we know she is Ok though. I feel so bad that she is in labor still but .. so relieved that she is ok :hugs:

I've just had a reply from her sister. She said:

hey, ye i am.

well she is still in labour i think. so that is probly why she isnt replying to the texts haha. i dont really know what is happening

xx

Hmm...

:wacko: I guess that explains it then...xx

To be honest though her sister is, as Claire has told me, a bratty 16 year old and I wouldn't really expect her to know too much...I'd imagine she's probably at home and her mum's at the hospital with Claire. So this hasn't exactly reassured me but I suppose seeing as she hasn't told me somethign bad has happened then it's good enough news for now! Poor Claire :(

It's not beyond the realms of possibility to be 4cm at 10pm and not delivered by 11am.

I was 4cm at 11pm ish with my first and she didnt arrive till 4pm the next day.....

hope everything's ok!

i have to say tho ladies, i was only in labour like an hour and a half this time and afterwards i had no idea who i'd text back, who i'd even text to say she'd arrived or anythin! and when people were ringing me i was just so much in a world of my own i couldnt answer or was busy doing baby stuff!

glad shes ok such a relif that her sisters replyed x

God, just came one here and have seen all this going back and forth - you lot are like columbo and miss marple rolled into one! Poor PD, still in labour - really do feel for her. Will be leaing this one up on screen and checking to see what's happening - the tension is awful!

It's not beyond the realms of possibility to be 4cm at 10pm and not delivered by 11am.

I was 4cm at 11pm ish with my first and she didnt arrive till 4pm the next day.....

True but it's now almost 24 hours since she was 4cm...wouldn't they have intervened by now? :shock:

Hell lisa u and laura were my text buddy and u all prosumed i had had him at 11pm on the friday as that was my last text....until the next morning at 8am when i let u know i had only just had him :rofl:

Poor thing if she is still in labour, been there and its not nice :hug: XxxX

True but it's now almost 24 hours since she was 4cm...wouldn't they have intervened by now? :shock:

Not always like i say i was 29hrs from 4cm to birth and its only at 28hrs they decided forceps. XxX

Hell lisa u and laura were my text buddy and u all prosumed i had had him at 11pm on the friday as that was my last text....until the next morning at 8am when i let u know i had only just had him :rofl:

Poor thing if she is still in labour, been there and its not nice :hug: XxxX

Exactly Em! x

My boss was 36hours in labour before they finally gave her a section.

think id have jumped out of the window or somthing by now poor girl! hope this babys well worth it :rofl:!

If all is well and bubs and mummy coping they usually just leave you to get on with it!!Not sure what the cut off time for a normal delivery is?.x

Wow, bit strange that her own sister thinks she is in labour and doesn't really know whats happening? Just comparing it to me and my sisters relationship thats all, my sister would know exactly what was happening? Hope all is ok!! xxx

Edit - Just read she can be bratty 16 year old so that would explain it! x

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
queenmom14
Back