US ladies- Harmony Testing

Katt36

Reaction score
Hey ladies I am advanced maternal age and getting the Harmony Testing done. I am correct in thinking this test tells you th sex of the baby? Anyone find out sex through the test?

Harmony as well as Panorama, MaterniT21, Verify, and now several others can determine gender as well as screen for lots of genetic disorders. I had Panorama the first time but my insurance has changed so I will be doing Harmony or Verify this time. Having my blood drawn Friday just shy of 11 weeks. When do you get yours done?

I can get mine done in a little over a week but I have to get into the perinatal center for appointment and will call Monday. I am thinking at the very least, three weeks. So we can ask them at the perinatal center what it says for gender?

What else did you want to know regrading the gender? They generally will just make sure you actually want to know as the screenings primary purpose is for genetic testing and the gender is an extra bonus..of course most of us are most anxious to know the gender lol. Some women don't want to know and they are very careful not to tell.

No my question is maybe I am not being clear, can I just ask the gender and they can tell me based on the test?

They ask you when you do the blood draw if you actually want to know the gender. It is standard that they determine the gender as it relates to some of the genetic test they do but many women don't want to know so you usually sign something verifying that you want to know so when the nurse calls with results they know whether to spill the gender beans or not.:thumbup:

Ohhh ok! Great! They never called me with results before! I will be making sure they do! Yes I want to know lol.

Just ask them when they call with your results. I had the MaterniT21 done back at the end of 2012 when I was pregnant with daughter because I was old...46 when I gave birth...and when they told me the results of the test I was so overwhelmed with emotion over baby being okay that I almost forgot to ask! I don't think they tell you unless you ask bc a lot of people don't want to know. But for me finding out the gender was the icing on the cake, so to speak. Congratulations!

Thanks Scout!! I will definately ask! I am counting on a 4th boy but ya never know. I will keep you posted.

Just so you know too if for some reason they don't run gender with harmony the dr office can call and add it on. With mine we were supposed to get gender but somehow the box for gender didn't go through on the copy so they called and we had results for gender in 1-2 more days. Harmony results took 8 days total.

Just so you know too if for some reason they don't run gender with harmony the dr office can call and add it on. With mine we were supposed to get gender but somehow the box for gender didn't go through on the copy so they called and we had results for gender in 1-2 more days. Harmony results took 8 days total.

Thanks Hun! Now I am going to remind them to check gender box. Does anyone know the accuracy of the gender results? Do you think it feels more rewarding to wait and see it at the 25 week scan. This is my 4th and last, I have 3 boys. I wish I could wait until the birth but there is no way lol.

I felt confident since mine came back boy. And we had seen boy bits already. So I'd say they are accurate.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->