US moms: formula brand?

Butterball Ma

Due date Nov. 22nd!
Reaction score
Hey ladies, I'm only at 26 and 5, but I figure it's time to do some research. It's been 11 yrs since I had my daughter and I know formulas are waaay different now. What would you ladies recommend as a good formula to start with? I know it could change if my LO ends up with belly issues, but only time will tell with that. Any advice would be appreciated!

I started with Enfamil Newborn when my DD was 2 weeks old. It didn't really work out well, so we changed to Similac Advance which was fine. But generic formulas like Target and Walmart brands are just as good as the name brand ones. She's now been on Parent's Choice (Walmart) Organic since 3-4 months and she's been doing wonderfully on it. I've also heard really good things about the Target brand and Sam's Club brand.

In my experience, the brand name really doesn't matter. You can use Enfamil, Similac, Good Start or any other brand. Just watch out for the iron quantities. I got the Good Start with high iron in the very beginning, and my poor lo got constipated. So I make sure not to overdo any of these nutritional ingredients.

You can also ask your doctor to recommend a good one. They mostly know which one is popular among other parents.

Thanks! Good Start is what I used with DD, but I'll ask the dr, too. I've heard good things about the store brands, too, so at least I have a few to decide from.

I always felt Similac was a better quality formula. We tried them all, Enfamil gave my son horrible gas pains, Gerber good start made him vomit, nutramigen upset his reflux. Now he's on similac alimentum due to a milk allergy, but I get a prescription for it. Every infant is different though.

We had the best luck with Gerber Good Start Gentle. My twins did really well on it. My one twin was on Enfamil when she came home from the NICU, but it made her really gassy. We tried some generic forms, but they left this really yucky film in the bottles where the Gerber didn't. I think it is really just finding what works best for your baby.

My baby girl is also on Gerber Good Start Gentle and is doing wonderfully. The only minor issue we have is with spit up, but she did that with breast milk too. I have found that the type of bottle/nipple helps a lot with spit up. Dr. Brown's bottles work great.

I suggest going to the website of all of the different brands and signing up with your email. They will send you some samples and coupons so you can see what works best for you for free.

my dd started on similac in the hospital, at about 2 weeks we switched to enfamil, and at about 6 weeks we switched to gerber and she has done AMAZING on it. absolutely no complaints! we did try walmarts brand but it smells HORRIBLE!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->