Uterine Anomaly Thread (bicornuate, unicornuate, septate, didelphys)

Congrats on pink! Bleeds are scary. Glad everything seems to be going well.

And... my HSG came back completely normal? She has no idea why the doctor told me I had a heart-shaped uterus. :wacko:

yikes sbl sorry I didn't see this earlier we were on holidays and the Internet was horrid! glad to hear everything is fine but how scary indeed! I had lots and
lots of bleeding incidents but they scared the s*** out of me every single time! and how exciting you are having another little girlie!!!they are going to be awesome together! maya and natalia play so well together despite the age gap!

ginger what? that's weird! the only thing I can think of is that someone once told me that septums can get out of the way after a pregnancy! anyway it's good news so yyaaayyyy for that :)

I have been told that sometimes doctors will tell you you have a bicornuate uterus during c-sections so you won't try to have a VBAC with subsequent pregnancies, because most women will just believe it and not pay all that money to have the HSG.

hmmmm OK sounds like something my doctor would do! I had a section with my 2nd and a vbac with my 3rd..the things my doc told me to make me change my mind were ridiculous!

Hey girls
So I had another cervical length scan and it's still 3.6cm. No change and Dr is happy.
I've another scan at 26 weeks.
Baby girl is perfect and growing well with estimated weight of 1lb 3oz.
I am full of aches and pains this time.
Which gives me more anxiety 😔
Hope you gals are well

lol sbl aches and pains are good my friend..everything growing nicely! but OK I understand your worries I was exactly the same ;) your cervix sounds good.if I were to have another I d need a cervix like that!!!and so glad to hear evas sister is growing well!!!

Hey C!
I've reached V day. Another milestone to tick off.
This bubs is head down! Eva was never head down. Poor pet didn't have the space to turn bless her.

How are you and the kiddies?
Where did you guys go on vacation?

Eva is getting so excited about her sister. It's adorable.
She's starting "big school" the end of August. I can't quite believe it.
Very emotional! Probably more than usual :haha:
:hugs:

lol probably!!but still so cute!!Congratulations friend on reaching such a fantastic milestone..I think i always relaxed a little after that one and even more so after 28!
we re fine, currently on vacation but looking forward to going back tomorrow! we went to zagorochoria for 4 days for a mountain race and then to paros for the past 10 days and I think I m ready for home now!!The kids have had a blast but they are dead tired too! how about you? will you go anywhere? when is your due date?

Sounds like you guys are having a fab summer C!
I know holidays can pretty tiresome for parents though.
Not going anywhere this year. I don't like being too far from home when I'm pregnant.
My DD is Nov 20th but prof is talking section at 36 weeks because of the septum resection only being last feb! I hope I make it to my section date this time.
It would be a dream come true!
I'm massive this time :shock:

Attachments

• PhotoGrid_1501772504012.jpg
    PhotoGrid_1501772504012.jpg
    22.4 KB · Views: 2
aah classic doctors! !I had my second resection on June 2014 and got pg in September. .with natalia being 5 weeks early doctor swore we wouldn't make it past 36 weeks but she came at 39+3! with that said I m sure you ll make it to your section date!!did Eva come early? I don't remember! love the bump date I always love pg bellys!and it's all belly in your case so you and your bump look fantastic! ! so are we looking into anew October baby then?

Yeah c she came at 34+5.
Last week in October first week in November most likely. I'm terrified of going really early.
Another cervix scan on Monday!
Had my GD test and passed. :thumbup:
When are the kids back to school?

yay congrats on the GD test..and eeeekkkk I hated it...it's really disgusting stuff! !! can you have someone take care of Eva at home in October so you can take it easy and cook this little babe as long as possible? I can't believe it's ocloser. .that's literally around the corner!!!Nik and nat are back to school on the 11th of September and maya is back to granny then!But I start school on the 1st of September so they ll all be lingering at granny's after that! Good thing is I ll probably take natalia to the school I work so we ll be driving in and out together!Nik didn't want to loose his friends so he ll stay where he was and maybe transfer next year :)

Hey C! Ah that's nice that you get to have Nat at the same school.
Does Nik like school? I totally get him not want to switch.
Eva wouldn't like to be away from her besties either.
Eva is starting school in 2 weeks!
It's crazy how quickly the years have flown by.
I had my scan this morning at baby is great 2lb 4oz and my cervix is 4.6 cm so all's good.
Back again at 30 weeks.
Yeah hun I'm going to go and live with my mum and dad for the last few weeks they only live 5 mins from us and mum will take over Eva for me.
I'm very lucky.

that sounds like a perfect plan!with mom and dad helping and a 4.6 cm cervix (WOW!) I m putting my bets that this lady will take alll the time she has to come out! Nik doesn't really like school..he is very good at it and he s got many good friends but he d rather be out running at nd playing footy than in school lol! natalia is the same! how about Eva? does she like it?

Hey C!
Ah Eva loves school thankfully. I think boys will always prefer to be out playing my nephews are all the same.
Had my first steroid shot today and back in tomorrow for my second lot.
Prof is really happy. So far so good.
I'm still a nervous wreck though.

yayyyaaayyyy for the shot...as of tomorrow you can say your little miss is 30 weekso alreasy! !she s doing awesome and although I get you feeling like a nerve wreck I also know everything looks perfect and everything will be perfect! you re almost in the home run!!!

Hi I was told I had a bicournate uterus after my c section 7 years ago.

No evidence of it on scans now though? And it was never mentioned before sons birth either.

Anyone else experience this? I spoke with doctor about it as I'm bleeding with this pregnancy and I said it's not visible on scan and he said that doesn't mean a lot the people doing the c section will be correct. But no information as to what this means or if this could be influencing my constant (since I found out) spotting and bleeding.

veganmum hi. sorry to see you ve had two mcs. The mcs and the bleeding can easily be explained with a bu or any other Mullerian anomaly (bu can often be mistaken for a septate and vice versa). I was given different diagnoses before getting pg resected a septum, was told my uterus looked normal then while pg was told it was a bu and then during section was told it was a large septum again!!meanwhile I suffered 3 mcs and a premie birth. unfortunately there is not much you can do while you re pregnant...maybe the dip or septum is very slight so as soon as your uterus started stretching it disappeared. ..if indeed it's bu the "not pregnant" side may be shedding it's lining as it hasn't been made aware you have a new Tennant. .hopefully you won't have to find out so I wish you a very happy and healthy 9 months...ifast you decide you still want to know after this pregnancy then I d suggest a hsg ☺

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->