Uterine Anomaly Thread (bicornuate, unicornuate, septate, didelphys)

Can't really tell much by the scan but your baby is super cute there!! It's probably nothing, when do you see the doc? Techs sometimes say crappy staff..I remember with my last pg I had some spotting and I went for a private scan..the tech said there was no baby no yolk no nothing, just an empty sac...the same day I saw her heart flicker at my docs office!

That's terrible! I can't even imagine. I would have been a wreck!!!

They were trying to get a profile of the baby and it did not want to cooperate! It even had its little hands over its face at one point :D

The doctor's office is supposed to call me tomorrow. I'm hoping to be seen Friday after work. The tech didn't seem concerned at all, but it was just so strange to me that it's been empty every other scan and now it's seems to be filled with something. It makes me uneasy.

My appointment with the actual doctor is Friday to go over the scan.
The nurse said everything looked good though...heartbeat, position, and fluids were all good. They make me feel like I'm overreacting...but I was told I couldn't have kids and if I did my uterus would erupt. So yea, I'm a little nervous!

Question for everyone, how long did you wait or are you waiting to tell people you're pregnant? I'll be 16 weeks tomorrow and only a couple of close friends and our immediate family know. I feel like because I'm high risk, I should hold off as long as possible.

You have every right to feel nervous or on edge or whatever..they shouldn't make you feel like you re over reacting..maybe you are but when you ve been told such a horrid thing then the heck with them..over react all you want!! I m not sure I said this before but I too was told I d never have kids..ever ever... Mmhhhhhmmm ok.....
Just a guess here but could it look like something is there because it is now smaller?? Hope the appointment can shed some lights and ease your nerves. Don't just let them say "everything is ok don't worry about that" ask them to explain otherwise I guarantee you ll still leave and feel nervous.
With my 4th and 5th pg I waited before telling people...I told my family at 13 weeks with dd1 because I had bleeding and I needed them to babysit ds..with the next one I told them after I mc..then with the 6th I said "sod this I m enjoying being pg now and what will be will be" and came out with it right from the start. I guess whatever makes you feel better in this case..nothing will change the result whatever that might be but I still understand feeling like telling might jinx it.

Christiana-I think you were right in thinking it looks different because it's smaller. The doctor said the side the baby is in is getting bigger, and the other side is staying small (which is what we're hoping continues to be the case) . He does think it looks like there's some extra muscle in there, but he can't tell. I guess I'm going to get more frequent scans to make sure the 2 horns don't start competing with each other.

My next scan is a level II scan on October 19th...seems sooooooo far away!!!
Does anyone know what to expect during a level II scan?

I'm curious if my FS is right, that I have a heart shaped uterus. My regular obgyn never mentioned it while I was pregnant with my son. The following images are from my pregnancy with my son (I'm still in the tww right now).

Does this look heart shaped or normal?

https://i1318.photobucket.com/albums/t649/mara16jade1/20131209_150513-1_zpswwvoiht7.jpg

https://i1318.photobucket.com/albums/t649/mara16jade1/20131220_223046_zpsgavknj1v.jpg

https://i1318.photobucket.com/albums/t649/mara16jade1/20140116_110440-1_zpsosxkiy2v.jpg

https://i1318.photobucket.com/albums/t649/mara16jade1/20140125_155612_zps9mlypkdf.jpg

https://i1318.photobucket.com/albums/t649/mara16jade1/20140206_131121_zps0pzvan23.jpg

Bicorn is the level II like tha anatomy scan you get at 22 weeks? If so this is a much more detailed scan where they make sure everything is in place, check that the belly is closed with everything in, and basically count everything. It takes about an hour or so and if you want to know the gender (if you don't already) they can tell you!! Glad the doctor assured you its just the horn getting smaller but also glad to hear he's being proactive!

Mara it looks like there might be a very very slight dip at the top but it should let cause any troubles, it's tiny!

Thanks for answering. I guess that could be why my IB never mentioned it. Hmm

I had my little boy on the 15th of September. I have a unicornuate uterus. My first ended up as an emcs due to her being in a foot long breech position. I made it to my schedule section date expecting this to be a more peaceful experience but it was worse than my first. I had a cough during my section which causes my oxygen levels to drop. I panicked so much. The spinal block hurt and I curled up in a ball in tears whilst they completed that. I had two doctors operating on me and soon after they started the consultant obs came in and took over. It took over 35 mins for them to get him out and over an hour to stitch me up. It turns out I had alot of adhesion stuck and my bladder got injured in the process. I had to keep a catheter in for 72 hours post delivery due to the damage and then following day I was diagnosed with a chest infection. The cough, the pressure from the catheter and actial wound was probably the most pain I have ever been in.
I had a word with a consultant days after who advised that if I want more children then I need to wait at least two years and they wouldn't advise a natural birth due to the adhesions.

I'm done with babies. But girls if anyone has had a c section, once your scar gas healed, massage it to avoid adhesions.

Yikes I am so sorry to hear you had such a traumatic experience. But then huge congratulations on the birth of your son. I too had a lot of scar tissue and adhesions after my section as well as after my second cerclage but used castor oil to break them up. I did manage a vbac but it sounds like your case might be a bit more severe/complicated

I had another trip to the ER this past weekend. I swear I'm there at least once a week :(

I was having a ton of pressure and it felt like I had something in my vagina. I was scared it was my cervix. After having a pelvic exam they said my uterus is just tilted forward and low, and although uncomfortable it's nothing to worry about :/
Has anyone else experienced a similar issue? It's extremely uncomfortable!

Bicorn did it feel almost like a leg or foot was popping out?? Cause I remember I kept feeling like something was just going to fall out. I m sorry about the scare but glad to hear everything looks good!

Yes! It definitely felt like something was just going to fall out.
I just wanted to lay in bed with my legs crossed all day lol.

It actually feels a bit better now. I have my anatomy scan Wednesday. I'm super nervous....but hoping for good news!

lol I totally remember that feeling..I kept thinking that I d reach down and grab a foot or something!! Praying the anatomy scan is a great one and you can enjoy seeing some pics of your little bun!

I know this thread hasn't been posted in much lately, but I'm hoping to get a response.

I'm 35 weeks pregnant with a bicornuate uterus (very severe split).

The baby is currently head down, but I'm still leaning towards a c-section, because I would told uterine rupture was a possibility if I give birth vaginally.
I would love some opinions on this. Any women with a bicornuate uterus have a successful vaginal birth?
I'm trying to figure out what is more risky- a c-section or possible rupture with a vaginal birth.

My other question is...I'm carrying REALLY high. Like....SUPER high (to the point it looks kinda funny).
Is this common with a bicornuate uterus because the baby doesn't have room to drop?

I have a scan tonight and I ask tons of questions, but they're usually just met with "it's normal, you're normal, baby is fine."
For instance, baby is in the right horn and is always on my right side...ALWAYS. My doctor thinks it has nothing to do with him being in the right horn and he just favors that side. Just seems very coincidental. I mean, he never leaves my right side.

Anyways, hoping someone reads this and gets back to me.

Bicornurnbump..sorry I didn't get back to you earlier..firstly congratulations on making it so far already!! As for the vb..I had a septate uterus but at the time everyone thought it was bu..nobody said anything about uterine rupture and so I had my son vaginally. My dd1 was an emcs and then dd2 I wanted a vbac..doctor said with the septum resection, the previous section and lots of scarring it would be too risky...I did my research and found nothing to prove it's risky..I had a wonderful vbac! BUT if you feel more secure and safe with having a section then go with that..you wouldn't want a birth experience where you re constantly nervous..you should enjoy it whichever way you decide to go with! As for the sides..my son was in my right "horn" and I was completely lopsided!!! And he stayed ridiculously high even after my water broke..at 9am the doctor said "baby is very high, she's only 3 cm dilated we ve got a long wait ahead"...at 9:10 he was out!!!!

Hi ladies!
Just said I'd update.
Had my septum removed on the 8th of Feb.
Just found out today that I'm Pregnant.
Unplanned but excited and super nervous.
Hope you all are well xx

Sbl fantastic news!!!' Huge congratulations my friend!!! How do you feel??hows your beautiful daughter?i hope you feel much better and this pg is stress free! I know after my septum removal I fet a lot better!! A very healthy and happy 9 months!!

I'm so shocked to be honest chistiana!
Definitely was not expecting to see the word pregnant on the test yesterday.
Have an early scan Wednesday so hopefully it will feel more real then.
Eva is great! How are your three?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->