Uterine Anomaly Thread (bicornuate, unicornuate, septate, didelphys)

Was anybody able to have a VBAC after a uterine resection? I had a c-section with my daughter because she was stuck breech. We found out while they were doing that c-section that it was because I had a "heart-shaped" uterus.

I'm trying to decide if I want to have that corrected and have another child. But TBH, I had PPD because of the c-section and my daughter's IUGR.

And if there's absolutely no chance of me ever being able to have a VBAC, I might not bother having another and putting myself at risk again.

Sbl sorry for the late reply! My kiddies are doing great! They're a handful but they re good kids iykwim!i can't wait to read your update!! Praying ms stays away this time (it was difficult last time right?)

Ginger I had my son with my septum in. It was a vb. Then my first daughter was footling breech and came early so it was an emcs (septum still in). Then I had my septum removed. My second daughter was head down but sunny side up and the doctor really didn't like the idea of a vbac. My experience with the section was so traumatic I stood my ground and told him I was having a vbac even if that meant risking another emcs. I had a beautiful unassisted vbac with no problems whatsoever! :)

Hi ladies. I'm not sure if this has been answered before but has anyone with a UU have high ovaries and fell pregnant naturally? We can't afford more IVF so gonna try naturally. My consultant said anything is possible but our chances are already halved 😔 Xxx

Mossip sorry to read your ttc journey has been rough...I know UU doesn't cause much trouble in getting pg but I have no clue about the high ovaries...would iui be a cheaper alternative to ivf??

Mossip sorry to read your ttc journey has been rough...I know UU doesn't cause much trouble in getting pg but I have no clue about the high ovaries...would iui be a cheaper alternative to ivf??

Hi lovely. I did ask about IUI but my consultant said I would be wasting my money because I would have the same chance as trying naturally. Xxx

Ooowww ok, now I get it... I m sorry you re going through this..is there absolutely no way insurance can cover ivf or part of it?

Hi ladies
My hyperemesis has eased thankfully. I'm still super nauseous but much more manageable than with with Eva.
Had a scan last week and everything seems to be going well. I'm still very anxious. Pregnancy is just a scary time for me.
Hope everyone is well. X

hey girlie! wow I can't believe you're in 2nd trimester already!!!glad to hear all the sickness has eased I remember how bad it was with Eva! how's your miss doing? does she know?

Hi, all. I got a new doctor, and we are doing an HSG in a little more than a month to try to determine exactly what the status of my uterine deformity is, and whether it's something that can be corrected.

gInger panda that sounds good!!remind me what is your "diagnosis" up to this point??

Hi gals,
How is everyone?
16 weeks tomorrow!I can't quite believe it.
But here's the thing I'm worried since they aren't checking me for incompetent cervix this pregnancy.
My Dr doesn't really see the need. I had regular cervical checks until 30 weeks with Eva and he says since I have a "proven cervix" there isn't a need. Especially since my septum resection.
I still can't get it out of my head all the same. I'm trying to stay off google and just relax a little.
Finding out the gender in 2 weeks and bringing Eva with us!
Hope everyone is well x

sbl I understand your worrying but since your cervix held well with Eva I guess there is some reason in what your doctor is saying. ..still if you feel stressed you should explain it to your doctor even just to have a reassurance scan. and 16 weeks already? that's amazing! are you hoping for a specific gender or not really? is Eva super excited yet;

gInger panda that sounds good!!remind me what is your "diagnosis" up to this point??

During the c-section with my daughter, the doctor randomly said, "Oh, did you know you have a heart-shaped uterus?"

And that's literally it. She didn't go into any more detail than that.

sbl I understand your worrying but since your cervix held well with Eva I guess there is some reason in what your doctor is saying. ..still if you feel stressed you should explain it to your doctor even just to have a reassurance scan. and 16 weeks already? that's amazing! are you hoping for a specific gender or not really? is Eva super excited yet;

I'm having a private scan at 18 weeks so I'm gonna ask the tech to have a look.
For now I have to try and get this anxiety in hand. It's getting very draining. :cry:
Not hoping for any specific gender C ! Fit and healthy. Eva isn't too bothered about gender either but super excited!!
Hope you're well hun
Xx

sbl I totally understand..I think I didn't enjoy my pregnancy with natalia because of all the stress..it started off the same with maya but gradually got a lot better, hope it does for you too! 18 weeks is a really good point because ic doesn't start before 16 weeks really and basically ends at 28 weeks so if anything was to start giving way it would probably show by 18 weeks! but I m sure it will be just fine!!!I don't remember if you said it before but are you finding out the gender or will it be a surprise??I m sure Eva will be an awesome sister!!

ginger it sounds very mild...when I had my section with natalia the doc told me my uterus was completely divideo in too..it was very clear!

afm: nik and nat turned 5 and 7 on 18/5 and maya turned 2 on 7/6..where is the time going?????

It seems severe enough that my daughter was trapped breech. She was also IUGR because she ran out of room to grow, so....

gInger sorry I didn't know the circumstances of your daughter's birth..it sounds like a bicornuate but if that's the diagnosis make sure you double check for septate (10 years of a misdiagnosis cost me a lot)

Hi C
So I had a small bleed on Friday morning and ended up in hospital.
Turns out I had a bit of cervical erosion which is nothing to be concerned about and my cervix is still long and closed.
But what a fright!!
I've another scan at 22 weeks.
And we're getting another little lady.
Eva is thrilled!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back