uterus expanding quicker 2nd time round? ....

catherineq87

Reaction score
hi girls, just a quik question ...

do u think the uterus expands quicker the 2nd time round ? my last pregnancy i had virtually no bump till like 5 or 6 months ... not that i have a bump now of course but i cant help noticing that under the belly button area where peanut is now is getting harder and a little noticable im same weight etc as last time but have put on more in these past 5 weeks that prob my 1st few months last time ?

bit of a ramble ... any suggestions ... x

You get bigger quicker with each pregnancy. My bellys massive already and im only 10 weeks :lol: i look like iv eaten far too many donuts :dohh: (which i probably have anyway :lol:)
xxx

hehe! riteo thanks for that i knew i wasnt imagining! lol

congrats and good luck x

This is my second, so not sure if it is the bloating or my belly getting bigger faster . . . probably a little of both. I definitely feel like I look pregnant way sooner this time than last.

I'm confused cos people always say baby doesn't move up until your 12 weeks, not matter what, but on the other hand people say on second and third consenquetive you get bogger quicker, so whats going on then, This is my third pregnancy, my sis said I looked pregnant even before I defo knew I was pregnant. And now am only six weeks, but defo looks like a bump under clothes, but maybe it's just fat peoples excuse to look fat, if they're pregnant. LOL Me included.

The uterus is looser as are all the abdominal muscles after you've had a baby, so the uterus stretches faster 2nd+ time around and the abdominal muscles are weaker/been stretched out before, so it can't hold it in as tight, so you're more likely to show earlier on.

I'm confused cos people always say baby doesn't move up until your 12 weeks, not matter what, but on the other hand people say on second and third consenquetive you get bogger quicker, so whats going on then, This is my third pregnancy, my sis said I looked pregnant even before I defo knew I was pregnant. And now am only six weeks, but defo looks like a bump under clothes, but maybe it's just fat peoples excuse to look fat, if they're pregnant. LOL Me included.

well im hoping its not fat cause if it is thats a hell of alot for me to put on in the matter of just a few weeks and i certainly wasnt that big 6 weeks ago :lol: :lol:

xx

I showed quicker on my 2nd pregnancy but alot of it was bloating, same on my 3rd now. Everyone gets bloated but if you stomach muscles are weak like mine it looks like a bump. I try to suck in but it doesn't work lol xx

The uterus is looser as are all the abdominal muscles after you've had a baby, so the uterus stretches faster 2nd+ time around and the abdominal muscles are weaker/been stretched out before, so it can't hold it in as tight, so you're more likely to show earlier on.

So if uterus also stretches faster than does that mean you can feel it before 12 weeks? I am finding my waist bands really tight and they're diggin in just above my pelvic bone. I think at this rate I'll be in my mat clothes in next few weeks, I do remember the bloating before with Olivia, but I guess I was alot smaller when I fell pregnant with my daughter so I didn't expand as much.

You may show faster because the ligaments holding your uterus are weaker so there isn't any resistance when it starts falling forward from the weight. I don't think your uterus is actually bigger though because it's still just growing with the baby. I am on my 3rd baby and I just went to the doctor yesterday.. he said my uterus only seemed to be at 6week size.. had the ultrasound today and I'm 8wks 6 days with everything looking perfect in there so it seems while the baby is growing normal, my uterus is actually growing slower. (my uterus always measured right on target with my 2 previous pregnancies.)

I look pregnant already...this is my third...

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->