Valentine's BfP ladies

Sasha, makemeamammy and Jbell I love all your names! They are so lovely!

Sasha I am glad you are ok! Thank goodness all is ok!

I am sooooo nervous for tomorrow- I have been reading everything about the 6 week scan.. Not only should we be able to see a heartbeat tomorrow but also they measure it and if it's not right, that is a sign the pregnancy is not viable... I feel like so much could go wrong... Praying it won't.. Of course if all goes well I will post a pic!!

I had today off work because was super upset yesterday (hormones were crazy) and lucky I did!! I slept for over 13 hours straight!!! My body must have been exhausted!!!!

Happy 6 weeks :) xxx

Thats so exciting bambola... and just so you know... it sometimes takes till 6.5-7 weeks for the heartbeat to be there so dont worry too much! also the size can vary by up to a week and still be okay! you will be fine!

A boy is probably going to be Sorley (Pronounced Sawr-lee) and a girl is probably going to be Eilidh (Pronounced Ayl-ee). Xxx

Love the names, I have heard of the girl's name! I didn't know that was how it was pronounced though. I am half Welsh (it is the first language for half my family but my Dad never taught me, I only know a little bit) and I proposed some Welsh names last time. DH liked some of the girl's ones, Eirlys was a favourite - it means snowdrop and it is quite easy to pronounce, eye-rr-liss. In the end we settled on Noelle Beatrice for DD.

This time I am already re-including things like Leila/Laila/Layla which DH wanted and I ruled out last time! My name tastes have apparently changed a lot in two years. Our main boy's name was Edwin Bruce which by sheer coincidence happened to be my DH's grandfathers' names. I am not so sure about any of them now. I need to dig out the list we made last time as a starting point but feel it is too early for me to give it serious consideration yet.

Hubby and I have decided on Roman Anuart(after a close friend that passed away and hubbys brother) for a boy and Anjelica Lynn (both out mothers middle names)for a girl!!

I went to the hospital last night doubled over in pain... Had an ultrasound but wasnt able to watch :( dr. said I had a cyst burst in my left ovary and I have 1 more on both the left and the right. She says it is perfectly normal and it wont harm the baby. She also said they found the geatational sac and it is right on par for how far along I am... she also tested my blood and said I have an hcg of 7342. I was given 2 ivs an ultrasound, pelvic exam and was watched for 6 hours before being released on pelvic rest for 2 days.

Everything is much better today... I take tylenol every 6 hours when the pain gets bad but the baby seems to be stuck in there good :)

I like the names, particularly the girl's name which is really pretty.

I am sooo glad you and baby are okay, that sounds terrifying. :hugs::hugs:

Our names are Samuel Kash for a boy and Everly Ann for a girl. The first names will be new to our family but the middle names are from my great grandfather and his grandma.

Love your name choices too! I've never heard the name Kash before.

I am sooooo nervous for tomorrow- I have been reading everything about the 6 week scan.. Not only should we be able to see a heartbeat tomorrow but also they measure it and if it's not right, that is a sign the pregnancy is not viable... I feel like so much could go wrong... Praying it won't.. Of course if all goes well I will post a pic!!

I had today off work because was super upset yesterday (hormones were crazy) and lucky I did!! I slept for over 13 hours straight!!! My body must have been exhausted!!!!

Happy 6 weeks :) xxx

Wow! I wish I could do that too!! :) Bambola, I am positive everything will go well for you tomorrow and will keep my FX. That's not to say I am not a bit nervous about mine on Wednesday but Sasha is right, you can't always hear the heart at the 6 week scan but it doesn't mean there is a problem. At this stage a few days difference in implantation time can make a huge difference in development at the "6 week" mark.

Thats so exciting bambola... and just so you know... it sometimes takes till 6.5-7 weeks for the heartbeat to be there so dont worry too much! also the size can vary by up to a week and still be okay! you will be fine!

Very true!!!!

Bambola a am soooooo excited for you!!!! I cant wait! I love when people get scans done, it almost feels like i am getting one done i get so happy!!! I am sure everything will be fine! I know what you mean about the whole "hormone thing" i had one of those days on Sunday! I couldnt stop crying and i was sooooooo mad at my husband for NO REASON AT ALL. It seemed logical at the time but now that i think about it..... i really feel bad because he took it so well... LOL. I think i am just over tired aswell. My soon keeps waking up early and i cant fall asleep before 12pm so i havent been having much sleep. I think it is because it is getting so bright so early so i am hoping the time change will help with that.

Loving all the names. Jbell we obviously have a lot in common because Sorley is actually Gaelic for Samuel! :)

Sasha so glad ur ok! Make sure you take it easy hun! Xx

Bambola I'm keeping everything crossed for you hun xx

I got sent home from work today because I've been really dizzy and have had some shooting pains. Going to doctors later so hopefully I will get a scan as I'm a bit worried about the pain. :-/ xxx

mammy its okay... I am sure it is just round ligament pain which starts at about 6 weeks... by your week 7 your uterus is twice the size you started with so it has to do the stretching sometime! :)

you ladies are all so sweet... I love reading about your names and adventures and plans and you are all so supportive... I think I would lose my mind if I didn't have you all!

Also... I found this coat last night!!!
https://i1278.photobucket.com/albums/y509/SashaJoy13/Snapbucket/946FC45B-orig_zpsf9dac96a.jpg

Loving all the names. Jbell we obviously have a lot in common because Sorley is actually Gaelic for Samuel! :)

Sasha so glad ur ok! Make sure you take it easy hun! Xx

Bambola I'm keeping everything crossed for you hun xx

I got sent home from work today because I've been really dizzy and have had some shooting pains. Going to doctors later so hopefully I will get a scan as I'm a bit worried about the pain. :-/ xxx

Keep us updated please!!! Although i am sure everything is ok hun!

mammy its okay... I am sure it is just round ligament pain which starts at about 6 weeks... by your week 7 your uterus is twice the size you started with so it has to do the stretching sometime! :)

you ladies are all so sweet... I love reading about your names and adventures and plans and you are all so supportive... I think I would lose my mind if I didn't have you all!

Also... I found this coat last night!!!
https://i1278.photobucket.com/albums/y509/SashaJoy13/Snapbucket/946FC45B-orig_zpsf9dac96a.jpg

That has got to be the cutest coat ever!!!! OMG you are making me want to find out what i am having just so i can buy stuff like that!!! ;)

BTW anyone have a gut feeling on what they are having? I have been feeling girl for some reason and i keep having dreams that i am having a girl too...

Hi ladies, sorry I've abandoned the thread for a few days - I've been so tired and busy/stressed at work I haven't had energy for anything :)

Can't begin to comment on everyone's posts, but so glad you're all doing well, and hope the few health scares work out ok. I've been having some bloody awful period pain like feelings, it's reassuring that things are happening down there but really not pleasant at times :-(

Hmmm names....Well I'm Welsh and hubby is Irish so we are trying to get a Celtic twist on things but struggling, I've always wanted 'Leah' as a girl's first name but not 100% set on that yet, and for a boys name I would like the middle name to be 'William' after my grandad who passed away when I was younger but still miss so much.

I'm waiting for a call from the midwife..checking my phone every 2 minutes!!

Happy 6 weeks everyone!!

Hey thanks ladies! So I have low blood pressure and possibly an inner ear infection. Dr was fab! So good at listening and checking everything out. She thought I had an inner ear infection too but when she asked if I'd been near anyone with one I said no but then found out afterwards it's been going round school like wildfire so it's very possible. Told to stay off work and no driving until dizziness settles. She said she could prescribe anti-sickness tablets but I'm severely allergic to some and refused incase they hurt the baby. She said all she could recommend was salty or sugary snacks so it's not all bad :rofl:

She had a feel of my tummy and said she thinks everything feels fine and since pains are on both sides she didn't think it was anything to worry about but has referred me for a scan at EPU just to reassure me but insisted I mustn't worry as it was just for reassurance. Fingers crossed all will be ok :) xxx

Sasha - LOVE the jacket!! Xxx

Good morning ladies

So just got to work after having my first scan with my OB - Will post a photo later although you cant make much out at this stage - baby is fine! (even though its still early days!) He/she is measuring 6mm and we saw a strong hearbeat! hehehehe it was an amazing feeling!!!!! My ob is very happy because the heart was beating more than 100 beats per minute which means (so far) healthy baby where it is supposed to be! I get to back in a fortnight for another scan! Seeing that little flutter on the screen made me so happy... omg it was amazing!

Love all the names ladies! Mamms that's so cool that our name choices are so similar. Also I'm glad everything is ok!

Bam your scan is going to be great! We want to see pictures!

Glad everyone is doing well and sasha that is such a cute jacket! But I think I'm in for a boy! Right before I got pregnant I had a dream that I had just had a little boy. My friend Karen said I bet you'll get pregnant this month and I bet it will be a boy! She was right about the pregnancy so I'm thinking she might be right about it being a boy.

Bambola thats amazing!!! Im so excited, first heart beat on here

Good morning ladies

So just got to work after having my first scan with my OB - Will post a photo later although you cant make much out at this stage - baby is fine! (even though its still early days!) He/she is measuring 6mm and we saw a strong hearbeat! hehehehe it was an amazing feeling!!!!! My ob is very happy because the heart was beating more than 100 beats per minute which means (so far) healthy baby where it is supposed to be! I get to back in a fortnight for another scan! Seeing that little flutter on the screen made me so happy... omg it was amazing!

Hurray! So exciting!

Thank you ladies - teehee - I am on CLOUD 9 - I feel I can relax a tiny bit now - my next scan is on 19 March - hopefully will see more then!!

By the way - OMG Sasha that fur coat is ADORABLE!!!!!!!!! HOW CUTE!! I LOVE IT!!

Meanwhile - has everyone considered seasons for their baby's arrival?? I know my little peanut will be here very end of spring/ beginning of Summer so have had to opt for cotton blankets etc (yes I actually bought a baby blanket already.. I am hopeless) I will post more photos of some of my recent purchases too if anyone is interested..

Thanks for all your incredible support ladies - you are such a wonderful group :)

xoxox

Omg... I have been wanting to go baby shopping... the pregnancy app I have says that it is normal ro want to start nesting already (its actually a good sign) and that in order to satisfy that urge without getting overzealous and have a gender let down, buy practical items you will need any ways (diapers of all sizes, blankets, towels, newborn health kit, etc.) Also looking at baby items can give you a to do list so that you can price different items and save for them rather then paying for them all in one fell swoop. Obviously it is too soon for a registry but creating a practical list of the items you want to buy is a good idea and will satisfy your crave to shop.

Sasha i totally agree with you! That is excellent logic! I think if you buy certain things that can be used regardless of sex etc that yu will use anyway - its fine! Also, in relation to spreading the financial side of it - i think this is great. I have already got a few bits and pieces that i wont need to worry about later. Also - I intend to go and buy my pram when I reach 12 or 13 weeks!!!!!!!!!! It is $1500 and that is a large chunk of money but i know exactly what I want and am going to spread the big items out!! haha

Love it!!!!!!!!!

P.S. In advance I have to say that I totally know that the stuff I post on here is NOT necessary and is very excessive.. Mamma loves nice things and designer labels - drives my hubby crazy lol

Bambola - that is amazing about your scan!! So so happy for you, you must be buzzing!

I live in a small-ish city and bump into people I know/parents from school all the time so I'm a bit scared to go shopping incase I get caught but had to go in to get maternity bras the other day and couldn't resist a little nosey. Can't wait to start buying!

In the meantime ladies, please do post up pics of your buys on here so I can live out my baby-shopping fantasies through you guys :rofl: and Bambola - nobody's going to be judging you on here! I already know the pram I want and it's more expensive than necessary but that's the one I want. It's Silver Cross who are (over here) the best and oldest name in prams - i had a silver cross pram when I was a baby and my mum didnt throw it out until I was about 10 - it was her pride and joy! the old ones are worth a fortune now so she should have just kept it! :shrug:

I'm still waiting to here from the EPU about my scan. I hate waiting! (You probably all gathered that from the 2ww thread :rofl:) I've had a few texts from people at work saying they didn't realise I was ill and how come there's a supply in (I sort of just snuck out yesterday as was feeling too ill to deal with it all). I'm going to say I've got an inner ear infection (which may be true) but I know half of them will realise what's going on. They've been watching me like hawks ever since I got married. :shrug:

Thanks makemeamammy - and of course I know the silver cross!!!!!! Omg you diva!! I love it! A lot of celebs get them- they can be like $5000!! Can't wait till u get yours and post a pic!! Hehe it's such a shame your mum got rid of hers!! They are just devine!

Xxx

Bambola, I'm so glad everything went well with your scan.

Mammy, I hope you feel better soon. I'm sure everything will be fine when you have your scan. FX

I had my 6 week scan today, doc is dating me from LMP as they do so I'm a few days further on by her reckoning than I really am. I saw even less than I expected to but I did get to hear the heartbeat! I can't wait for my 12 week scan now, she offered an appointment next month but I have to pay then claim from the insurance so prefer to spread it a little bit.

The baby measures 3mm and is the white bit in the black circle between the two cross hairs.

Attachments

• IMG-20130306-WA0000.jpg
    IMG-20130306-WA0000.jpg
    35.4 KB · Views: 10

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe