Valentine's BfP ladies

How cute Emma!! That is a very sweet photo! Hehe will post my photo soon to compare!! Mine just looks like a little bean stuck to uterus wall lol

Haha, Bambola it's not THAT expensive. It's £600 so nothing too crazy! Emma, lovely pic hun. I notice it was a vaginal you got, was yours vaginal too Bambola? Not sure whether mine will be abdominal or vaginal! Hope it's just abdominal :-/ xx

I don't think they can really see anything externally at this point as the womb is still so deep in the pelvis. It's not bad at all, Mammy, a long, thin probe is used , well lubricated and you can barely feel it at all. In fact when I consider all the other undignified things us ladies have to go through such as smear tests and things it is the least bad! Even the 12 week dating scan done externally is less comfy due to the full bladder you're supposed to have.

It'll be fine xxx

Wow you ladies are awesome. I'm so tired I haven't even started looking for things. I went to bed at 8:30 last night and I'm still tired. I don't know what to do because people at work have been noticing with the most recent being my boss. He asked my team leader if I was ok. :\

Now I'm wondering if I should tell him...

Emma your scan is wonderful! I can't wait for mine. Its in 7 days!

I know the feeling Jbell! I'm about to go and have a nap whilst DD sleeps as I'm home with her because she has conjunctivitis. I can't tell you what a relief it is not to be working today!

If your boss is sympathetic it could be worth telling him in confidence. Would it make any difference to your workload? Or you could claim anaemia or something.

I guess one of the worst things about being a teacher is not being able to take a few days off whenever you need to.

Aww you guys are so brilliant at easing my worries! Just heard from EPU and my scan is tomorrow morning. She said they will try abdominal scan first and then internal if that doesn't show anything. She said they might not find a heartbeat because it's early but if not they would have me in again the following week so I feel good about that.

So glad I found this site and have you guys to go thought this with! I think I'd be a nervous wreck otherwise! Xxxx

Jbell - I would tell if you think he'll be supportive! My boss has been brilliant. She's normally very prickly about people being off sick. (I've been off with sickness before and she's said never mind the 48hr rule, if you haven't been sick for a few hours please come in! It costs so much money to have supply in) but since she's found out she's been brilliant. As soon as I went to her yesterday at lunchtime she just said phone the doctor and go home. When I told her it was blood pressure she said she didn't want to see me for the rest of the week (she has NEVER said that before!) I'm so glad I told her! If she didn't know I think she'd be a bit sniffy about me being off and would want me back ASAP.

I really wish I had been able to see my u/s... they said they could see the yolk sac but they didnt date me, as far as I can figure I ak pretty sur I just got to 6 weeks today due o a delayed ovulation amd implantation... I think my due date has changed to the 30th... but we will see what dr. says.

JBell I have an appointment tomorrow and in 7 days and I dont know which one will be the scan or of bothvof them because of the cysts... I just want to see that heartbeat

Sasha why was it you weren't allowed to look? Hope you're not in any pain hun xx

They didnt want me to worry when they saw the popped cyst. It was kinda disheartening but when I talj to my ob in the morning tomorrow I will ask her about it and maybe get to see my scan. Or she might di anot her one!

Sasha I hope you get to see your scan tomorrow and see a cute little heartbeat! At least you know that everything was ok at that first scan!

JBell i think you should tell your boss - I told mine yesterday because I know I have looked bad (really sick and tired lately) and had a day and a half off because I have felt like i was hit by a bus!! My Boss is great and at least now the pressure is off and I dont have to worry about him thinking I am a slacker!

Makemeamammy - yes my scan was vaginal but seriously it is NOTHING - it is the thinnest thing they put up there - and they do it in the most private and non invasive way - I was always worried about it because people made a big fuss but its NOTHING!!! A papsmear is 100 times worse and I dont even think papsmears are that bad.. trust me its fine! :) Its actually better it they do it vaginally because you will see more and you can see heartbeat easier hence will put your mind at rest :)

My latest purchase just arrived in the mail yesterday... baby clothes are the CUTEST!

Attachments

• BURBERRY1.jpg
    BURBERRY1.jpg
    21.8 KB · Views: 2
Thanks Emma, mamms, and bam. I have decided to tell him but it is just so crazy right now I haven't been able to talk to him in private. I really want to tell him because I'm leaving work Wednesday for another doctor's appointment and I want him to know why. My friend who had her baby at the beginning of the school year said he is just so compassionate and really fantastic about the whole thing. He also wants to hold her daughter whenever he sees them out. So definitely going to tell him.

Overall I do feel much better today. I think getting 10 hours really did help me. I'm going to try and shoot for at least 9 every night, even if that means going to bed super early. I just want to feel like a human being again!

Sasha and mamms I really hope you get to see something and hear the heartbeat for your scan tomorrow! FX!

Bam very cute outfit. You are definitely starting to get me to want to buy things now! ;)

So I had my scan...it was abdominal...and we saw a lovely strong heartbeat :cloud9: everything is in the right place and I feel so relieved and happy!

Now just to stop myself from buying for the next 6 weeks! Bambola I can see myself caving in very soon with all your beautiful wee outfits :) xxx

So I had my scan...it was abdominal...and we saw a lovely strong heartbeat :cloud9: everything is in the right place and I feel so relieved and happy!

Now just to stop myself from buying for the next 6 weeks! Bambola I can see myself caving in very soon with all your beautiful wee outfits :) xxx

Awww YAY!!! Thats great news!!!!!

BTW ladies, just wondering.. what are all your symptoms at the moment????

I caved!! Took another digi test this morning and result was 3+ weeks, boosted my confidence and resulted in buying baby item 2 hours later...whoops!

Will post pic later :)

My symptoms are tiredness, sensitive boobies, AF like cramping and bad dizziness because of low bp. At my scan today they told me I was constipated (tmi :blush:)but don't feel it if I am.

My most severe symptom at the moment is a burning desire to buy something baby related but I think that's more to do with the company I keep on here :rofl: xxx

I didn't expect to get this af like cramping, it really is unpleasant at times.

Also got sore heavy bbs and fighting a cold since Saturday, just want to stay in bed all day!

So glad everything went well Mammy!

I feel pretty normal most of the time but put together I have quite a few symptoms. I am struggling a bit with smells, almost threw up in the dairy aisle of the supermarket when I walked past a middle aged lady wearing BAD perfume. I felt nauseous most of yesterday but not so much so that it really affected my day. I have AF like cramps and some sharper pains. I also feel really congested now, something I remember right through my last pregnancy. I was a bit dizzy earlier but my worst symptom is still the tiredness.

Came home from work early and staying home tomorrow to get some rest, body needs sleeeeeep :sleep:

So I was having a little clear out of the bathroom and found my stack of tests..and these are just the positive ones! Quite enjoyed seeing the development of the line, right up to today's digi clear blue!

Then went to look for a mothers day card and got magically pulled to baby isle...HAD to get this!

Hope you're all resting!? Almost 7 weeks...(I'm a glass half full kinda person!) hehe

Attachments

• DSC_0906.jpg
    DSC_0906.jpg
    27.3 KB · Views: 8
  • DSC_0911.jpg
    DSC_0911.jpg
    20.4 KB · Views: 8
Aww I love your pram suit! I'm home for the rest of the week because of my bp. Was Internet 'window' shopping earlier and put a pram suit in my basket but didnt buy it as I'd rather my first buy be something I actually feel and hold before I buy (I'm a weirdo I know!) :shrug:

Now to find enough energy to cook dinner..... eurgh!!!! :(

Ahh mammy I know what you mean, it's quite a momentous occasion buying your first baby thing so I totally understand, I just kept stroking it as its so soft and fluffy!

Bless, get a takeaway! ;-)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->