Valentine's BfP ladies

Aww, I think I'm going to get DH to take me out on Saturday for maternity bra and some books and maybe ONE thing for bub! :)

I had leftover bolognaise so I stuck it in some pastry and voila bolognaise pasties! Do you have pasties in other countries round the world? They're the business!! :) x

Ok... just got to actually see my sonogram... I am apparently only 5 weeks and 6 days and I am due on November 1.... I guess I ovulated late.. but I have another appointment in 2 weeks and we should see alot more ib the way o f baby and a strong heartbeat... my Dr is so nice... I am super happy even though they made me go potty twice (which isnt hard)and stole my blood

Love the suit Missusgee! You've just reminded me I a similar one and will get to use it again! It is the cutest thing ever!

Sasha, so glad you got to see your scan. You're not far off the rest of us now instead of running ahead! :)

Missusgee - Love the cute purchase! too cute!! hehee love the little hoodie!!

Makemeamammy - SO HAPPY your scan went well lovely and you got to see a strong heartbeat!! Isnt it the best feeling in the world!! When is your next scan??

Sasha - A lot of women mix up their dates - its really normal - you are not that far behind all of us anyway - a few days is nothing! Glad your scan went well :)

As for symptoms - I have been DEAD TIRED - like I feel like I have been hit bya bus half the time and dont want to do anything other than lie on the couch!! I also got some shart pains in my uterus which really worried me last night but they were short lived and have stopped - hoping thats normal! Also really bloated and eating way too much because I am constantly nauseous and the only thing that calms my nausea is food - OMG I HATE IT! I already look pregnant because I am so bloated and have put on a few kgs! its terrible~!!! (but I dont care if baby is healthy and well!)

As for symptoms - I have been DEAD TIRED - like I feel like I have been hit bya bus half the time and dont want to do anything other than lie on the couch!! I also got some shart pains in my uterus which really worried me last night but they were short lived and have stopped - hoping thats normal! Also really bloated and eating way too much because I am constantly nauseous and the only thing that calms my nausea is food - OMG I HATE IT! I already look pregnant because I am so bloated and have put on a few kgs! its terrible~!!! (but I dont care if baby is healthy and well!)

Some sharp pains are normal from this stage onwards. I think it is the muscles and ligaments adjusting. I certainly felt quite a lot of sharp pains throughout my first trimester last time. In fact it got so bad that sudden movements or coughs and sneezes would have me gripping my belly and groaning with pain. They only last seconds though.

Jbell, hope you're okay today. How did you get on telling your boss?

Some sharp pains are normal from this stage onwards. I think it is the muscles and ligaments adjusting. I certainly felt quite a lot of sharp pains throughout my first trimester last time. In fact it got so bad that sudden movements or coughs and sneezes would have me gripping my belly and groaning with pain. They only last seconds though.

Emma thank you so much for that - funny you should mention this because yesterday morning I sneezed and it sent a massive sharp pain down there and I freaked out totally - i was like OMG did I just do something really bad to myself? Thanks for sharing that experience! :thumbup:

Bambola - don't worry about pains. That's what I had and at my scan they said its totally normal to have growing pains plus your bowels can be a bit funny at this stage which may cause some pain too.

I'm so ridiculously tired all the time, I just want to shake myself. Feeling really nauseous this morning too. But when I try and sleep I can't get comfy. I am so close to having a massive rant too, everything just getting on my nerves right now :(

Haha mammy I know what you mean, I'm trying so hard to relax and left things wash over me, but everyone is just so annoying!! ;-)

My week long 'offness' has developed to full blown cold and an ear infection I think, spent all night with hot water bottle against my ear and lots of pain/wooshing noise going on. I took one paracetamol to take edge off pain but too scared to take more!

I've got a friend whose 5 months pregnant and she says she is picking up every bug/cold since.

Yay it's pretty much the weekend again girls!!

Hey ladies, sorry for my absence. I'm just so darn tired its all I can do to function normally. Thank goodness its Friday! Glad to hear everyone is doing well.

Sasha s few days is nothing! At least you're still here and everything was ok!

Mamms glad your u/s went so well! When is you're next one?

Miss I'm sorry you're not feeling well and I hope you get better soon.

Bam I have the sharp pains too! I'm so glad we have Emma so she can tell us it's normal.

Well off to work! Have a wonderful Friday!

Help!! Feeling really queasy at work - I'm about 150m from the nearest toilets in my office with two men! :)

Oh :hugs: Emma! I'm feeling queasy too but I'm at home! Would be so much worse if at work you poor thing!!

Ok, I'm going to rant...please feel free to tell me to get a grip! :rofl:
My mum is driving me nuts! We have a very close relationship and had no issues until the run up to my wedding. I think until then I had always just agreed with whatever she'd said or wanted but suddenly it was my wedding and we sometimes clashed about things I wanted (one example - I wanted a 'family get together' with all the women in my family before the wedding as I don't live at home. She told me it was a big fuss and people already had too much expense so I didn't. My cousin got married a month after me and my mum was so impressed with her idea to have...yep you've guessed it...a family get together with all the women! She thought it was lovely to be included seen as the older members weren't at hen! I told her I had wanted one but she had said no and she very conveniently forgot all about it!)

Anyways...moving onto now...she is genuinely delighted for me being pregnant and told me she can't wait to get knitting etc but anytime she asks how I am the conversation goes a little something like this:
Me - I'm dizzy, Mum - you shouldn't be, that's not normal
Me - I've got low bp. Mum - I don't think so, it's just an ear infection and there are no symptoms to low bp.
Me - I'm tired. Mum - that's very strange! I don't remember hearing anyone feeling like that in pregnancy!

Basically she keeps reminding me how lots of people (including her) don't even know for the first 3 months so I can't possibly be feeling as bad as I think I am!
She's really keen for information but then when I give it to her she immediately dismisses me. She wanted to know all about the scan yesterday, I told her baby was measuring 6.4mm and she tutted and said people knew far too much nowadays! I said what's wrong with that? And she said its the same as people googling illnesses and making themselves think they're more ill than they are! Raaaaaaaaarrrrrr!!

I'm so angry with her I can't even be bothered talking to her! I know if I say anything to her she'll just say I need to control my hormones (probably true!) and I can't talk to DH about it as he's already not overly keen on her and I want him to like her (even when I don't haha!)

Ok...and breathe...sorry! I'm done now! Just had to vent somewhere as can't speak to DH. Xx

Ahhh mammy that does sound very frustrating! Think happy thoughts and try not to let it get to you, big hugs!

Do you think our children will get annoyed at us like this when we're older!?

My worst problem is that I like to be right all the time. Hubby is the same. And we both like to have the last word...it's going to be a long 7 months :)

Oh lord, i know what you ladies mean about the tiredness, once 1pm hits i am dead....... i feel so bad for my LO because all i want to do is lay down on the couch. I didnt feel THIS tired when i was pregnant with him.....

That sounds very familiar, Missus. DH is just as bad, I on the other hand AM always right! :rofl: DH even admitted it once!

Mammy, that isn't something you want to have to to deal with just now is it?

I have a few suggestions, you could just avoid talking to her about it, though she's bound to ask why and you'd need an answer. I have quite a short temper and I know I would have responded with "If you didn't really want to know, why ask?!" or the rather egotistical "Was the question supposed to be about you or me?" but my family expect that sort of reaction from me! I've even had to remind my mum that every pregnancy for every woman is different even though she should know...

Take my mum. 3 pregnancies. Really sick with me, had to have an op about 4 months in as I'd (apparently) given her adhesions. Sick once with brother, sailed through. Didn't know she was pregnant with my twin brothers until 4 months, then was bed ridden due to a trapped nerve. Then on bed rest due to early labour.

Mammy... I still havent told my mom because of that exact thing... I want to enjoy being pregnant before she makes it about her... I dont understand why moms are obsessed with inbedding thdmselves into life events... Hubbys mom isnt like that but she doesnt have daughters

Missus... im right all the time to and I have proven it to hubby so many times. Though with the pregnancy I am much meaner about it... so I let him win and have the last word here and there because then he takes me out shopping.

Junebugs... I am exhausted too... dont know why but luckily there was a mix up and I was given extra days off this week! Score

So I was curious as to how our uterus grows so I went to look for it and I found instead a chart that is to scale by the day of our babies development to 60 days after fertilization or implant not sure but still cool
https://embryology.med.unsw.edu.au/wwwhuman/Stages/Images/Cst800.jpg

Hi ladies I'm back, I have been gone to California and just returned, hope all are well! My U/S is Tuesday and I can't wait!

Welcome back momof1!

Well this evening everything I try to eat is making me nauseous. Apart from chocolate ice cream. Oh well, what my body wants my body must get! ;-)

Lol! Need to try that on DH! I'm just nauseous until I eat. I'll get fat at this rate!

Oh :hugs: Emma! I'm feeling queasy too but I'm at home! Would be so much worse if at work you poor thing!!

Ok, I'm going to rant...please feel free to tell me to get a grip! :rofl:
My mum is driving me nuts! We have a very close relationship and had no issues until the run up to my wedding. I think until then I had always just agreed with whatever she'd said or wanted but suddenly it was my wedding and we sometimes clashed about things I wanted (one example - I wanted a 'family get together' with all the women in my family before the wedding as I don't live at home. She told me it was a big fuss and people already had too much expense so I didn't. My cousin got married a month after me and my mum was so impressed with her idea to have...yep you've guessed it...a family get together with all the women! She thought it was lovely to be included seen as the older members weren't at hen! I told her I had wanted one but she had said no and she very conveniently forgot all about it!)

Anyways...moving onto now...she is genuinely delighted for me being pregnant and told me she can't wait to get knitting etc but anytime she asks how I am the conversation goes a little something like this:
Me - I'm dizzy, Mum - you shouldn't be, that's not normal
Me - I've got low bp. Mum - I don't think so, it's just an ear infection and there are no symptoms to low bp.
Me - I'm tired. Mum - that's very strange! I don't remember hearing anyone feeling like that in pregnancy!

Basically she keeps reminding me how lots of people (including her) don't even know for the first 3 months so I can't possibly be feeling as bad as I think I am!
She's really keen for information but then when I give it to her she immediately dismisses me. She wanted to know all about the scan yesterday, I told her baby was measuring 6.4mm and she tutted and said people knew far too much nowadays! I said what's wrong with that? And she said its the same as people googling illnesses and making themselves think they're more ill than they are! Raaaaaaaaarrrrrr!!

I'm so angry with her I can't even be bothered talking to her! I know if I say anything to her she'll just say I need to control my hormones (probably true!) and I can't talk to DH about it as he's already not overly keen on her and I want him to like her (even when I don't haha!)

Ok...and breathe...sorry! I'm done now! Just had to vent somewhere as can't speak to DH. Xx

Hun that is so frustrating!! I know the feeling!! It is annoying!! I say just be upfront and remember this is YOUR pregnancy and YOUR time... Don't let anyone ruin it.. :hugs:

On another note I feel sick and exhausted all the time!! :shrug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->