Valentine's BfP ladies

Just spoken to my dr, earliest they can get me in for a scan is next Monday when I'll be 8 weeks. Also been advised to go in and get a blood test at dr's to check hcg level asap.

Keep everything crossed for me peeps :)

Hey everyone.. So had my OB appointment - baby is fine thank God.. But I wasn't imagining things- I had a polyp growing on my cervix which was causing the bleeding- doc cut it out and has sent it for testing but said its very common.. Am on bed rest for the week.. I got to hear baby's heart beat!! It was amazing!! 146 beats per minute!! Also, in less than a week baby has grown from 6mm to 1.2cm!! Amazing! I'm measuring two days ahead at 7+2!! Sorry for this crazy rant.. Just have no one else to tell!!

Hope everyone is enjoying their Sunday..

Xxx

Im glad you were able to get it looked at and taken care of!!!! :)

Does anyone else have their first u/s this week?

I do!!! I have mine today!!

Just spoken to my dr, earliest they can get me in for a scan is next Monday when I'll be 8 weeks. Also been advised to go in and get a blood test at dr's to check hcg level asap.

I will KMFX !!! I wish they could get you in sooner! I would hate to have to wait a week! Is your bleeding less now?

Thanks junebugs! Yes bleeding seems to have ceased, I'm just happy they are giving me a scan full stop!

Got blood test early in the morning so that will give me a good idea if everything is looking ok.

Wow... so much has happened! Where to begin.... im glad everyone is okay

Bambola- That is such a scare... I did the same sort of thing last week. The dr told me that I could expect light bleeding but anything more than that wasnt normal. I am so glad you wereable to get it figured out and im sure it will be better now. I am also a little jealous that you get a week of rest... I only had 3 days! :)

Missus- if they didnt schedual you right away they must not be worried... if you want the peace of mind though you can always go to emergency. Im glad you get your hcg done though... you must be in almost hundreds of thousands already!

Everyone- Im glad you're doing well and there are some scans happening this week. Cant wait to see pictures! Also it sounds like everyone is feeling sick :( I hope you find remedies to help.

As for me- still not much in the way of symptoms... bbs have gone from a normal C cup to a D and just keep growing, feel very bloaty and hubby says he can feel a firmness that wasnt there before. I only get nauseous when I dont drink enough water or go 4 hours without eating but not even terribly icky. I am also either starving or nothing sounds good. Get my next sonogram in 10 days and if hubbies parents are still in town we will tell them then.

I am and will be sending out good vibes to all you ladies

Bambola, glad everything went well for you today! Enjoy your r & r for the week and don't do too much at home!

Missus - that sounds really positive. I'm keeping everything crossed for you.

Ladies who have u/s this week, lots of luck to you all. I've got to wait until 12 weeks now but I do have my midwife app on Wednesday. No idea what to expect from that one.

I feel the same, kind of sicky but not to the point of actually being sick. I also go from not wanting anything and the thought of food turning my stomach to suddenly being completely starving. Is anyone else craving junk food? I normally eat good, home cooked food nearly every night and only want a take out maybe once a fortnight. Now all I want is MacDonalds, pizza, chippy or Chinese. I haven't given in to it, but the thought of all the home cooked wholesome food in my fridge is turning my stomach :( xx

Thanks everyone, I'm trying to stay relaxed and not stress over it. Been pouring through the hundreds of similar posts online but I've had a strong word with myself. 99.9% chance everything is fine, and if it's not, well it's not meant to be.

Hope you're all feeling a bit better and not so sick?

Hi Everyone,

Good luck for everyone with an ultrasound!

Missusgee - if you get blood and cramps together, don't hesitate to go straight to A&E even whilst you're waiting for the US. Good luck with the results of the blood test, I hope it sets your mind at rest a bit.

Mammy - I also usually eat fresh food and am struggling with cooking at the moment. I seem to have no appetite a lot of the time and I wonder if that is why I don't want to cook. I also want to eat lots of savoury things - I really don't want anything sweet at all.

As for my bump - it was probably mostly bloating, I don't have a photo from quite the same angle but my tummy still isn't as flat as I would expect it to be normally. It's now a slightly different shape with the same jeans (which are fastening more easily again, though still tighter than normal).

I still feel like I am rounder than normal and I'm hoping that people at work think I am just over indulging in chocolate and biscuits - a rumour I am trying to circulate about myself! :rofl:

Attachments

• bump7.jpg
    bump7.jpg
    130.9 KB · Views: 1

Thinking of you lovely.. I'm sure everything is perfect.. Glad bleeding has stopped. Please keep us updated :hugs:

Hey ladies! Zombie pregnant lady would be a spot on description for me.

Bam I'm so glad everything is ok!

Miss I'm sure everything will be fine! I'll keep my fx for you!

I do have an ultrasound this week. Its Wednesday and I'm very excited. I just went shopping and stocked up on about 5 different types of fruit. It seems thats all I want lately so I'm going with it. When I was at Wal-Mart my sugar dropped like crazy too. I'm glad I'm not alone though, as yours did this too Emma. It scared me a little as I have never felt like that before. Other than that my bbs are getting a lot bigger and heavier and my nipples felt like they were on fire this morning! It was insane. Other than that I'm exhausted, moody, and I'm having pulling sensations in the low area near my hip bones. They are a little uncomfortable.

On the other hand I did tell my boss and he seemed excited so thats a good thing too.

Hope everyone is doing well!

Hey ladies

Thought I would post my scans here from 6+2 and then yesterday at 7+0 to show you how much changes in less than a week!! the 'baby' is between the two 'plus signs' - It is crazy! I apologise for the poor quality - the high quality photos on my ipad were too large to upload here so had to use my iphone which is average.. Cant wait to see everyone elses ultrasounds to compare!!! Very exciting!! :happydance:

Attachments

• 6+2 bb.jpg
    6+2 bb.jpg
    27.1 KB · Views: 9
  • 7+0bb.jpg
    7+0bb.jpg
    23 KB · Views: 11
Bam... im so excited for you... that is a lot of growth! Have you thought about downloading snapbucket and getting a photobucket account for your photos? It will keep them sharp and you can still post them on here in all their high res glory so we can look at every little detail! Not to mention have a photobook online of all your pregnancy pics!

Heres my little update- We told hubbys family today... his dad is very excited... he asked hubby why he was at home and told him that there is no such thing as a day off anymore... hubbys mom said that babies choose when they want to be made and born

**HUGE RANT TO FOLLOW**
Hubbies mom said that I have a lot to do before I am truely to be a mom because in their culture the mom:
-cooks
-cleans
-stays at home
-doesnt work or have a career
-doesnt get sick or complain
-doesnt ask for any help from her husband

I thought that was aweful and asked hubby to back me up and tell her that we help eachother out (I cook he cleans etc.) To which he sided with his mother... he said he expects me to become a stay at home mom now because if I go to school and persue my career I will "neglect" our child.

Excuse me but I thought I lived in the 21st century and 2 months ago hubby and I were on the same page!?!? Not only am I pregnant but I plan on breast feeding for the first year and being a stay at home mom through that... but I wanted to do online school(which wont make me have to leave the baby) I wont be ready to persue my career till the baby is about 3 so whats the big deal? Also I dont mind cooking and cleaning etc. im not lazy... but being forced into it so I can fit into an idealistic mold labeled "mother" is not okay with me.

Am I being irrational and need to look at it all again or do you think it is just as important for me to be the woman I have always aspired to be, even with a baby on the way???

Sasha, I'm so sorry you had to experience that, how horrible of both your MIL and DH in not supporting you.

You should never give up your aspirations!

Their culture isn't your culture. There should at least be compromise which it sounds like you're prepared for.

However what none of us realise before the baby arrives is how much work it is to feed a new born, particularly breastfeeding as it can take up to an hour every 2 hours at the beginning (that seems to be quite a natural schedule from my experience and posts I've replied to on here). I went back to work 25 hours a week after a year and before that did manage one online course but it was so hard with a baby, the cleaning is something I do when I can now I'm back at work but even when at home once the baby is mobile becomes a real pain. Since she was born DH had done most of the cooking. The reality is that trying to balance even being a house wife and mother is hard without leaving your child screaming somewhere. Honestly, particularly if it isn't a life you're used to the child won't be happy either. I know this isn't a rosy picture but I think it shows that your MIL's way is no better for a child.

Sasha that really sucks.. There needs to be compromise- this is your life too! Your not just a baby making machine.. My advice is, don't listen to all the negative stuff people tell you. Each person is an individual and copes and manages completely differently to others. My friend just had twins with NO support other than her hubby and already is kicking butt with a million other things! Your hubby will come round.. Xxx

The reality is that trying to balance even being a house wife and mother is hard without leaving your child screaming somewhere.

Just realised that made it sound like I leave my baby screaming somewhere and get on with the housework - I don't - my housework slides and I look after DD, I catch up when DH is paying with her. My mum on the other hand had 3 babies close in age and left them to cry when she was busy with other things. She keeps telling me that's what I should do and that babies cry, but I don't think that happy babies cry and everyone was amazed at how little DD cried when she was younger - now she's hit a bit of a tantrum patch as she gets very frustrated when she can't do things alone! :awww:

Bambola - love the pics, so good to see how much they change!

Morning everyone,

Bambola - great pics and incredible development in a week!!

Sasha - thats awful, I would have been furious if my hubby didn't support me, however is it possible he just chose the wrong person to agree with in fear of repercussions? It's no excuse but blokes are generally useless at saying the right thing. Your mil should respect whatever you want to do.

Had my blood test this morning and should get results tomorrow lunchtime. Feel ok, no more bleeding and still no pain. Had one or two cramps so not as much as last week. Is everyone experienceing more/less cramping?

Good luck, Missus! I hope you have some good news tomorrow.

My cramping varies loads, some weeks I barely notice, others I have uncomfortable cramping for 3 days on the trot, in fact this weekend I had quite a bit. I remember getting it quite a lot last time too. Hope that helps put your mind at rest a bit. :hugs:

Missus so glad your doing better, let us know what your results are!!! I feel cramps a lot especially when I move to stand or walk for too long.

Emma, Bam, Missus thanks for that, with my crazy hormones I was worried I was being irrational.

Hubby sees no problem with his mothers or his actions and I cant figure out what to do! Maybe I will spend a few days away from hubby... he has also decided that my favorite piercing (my tongue) isnt motherly and that it sends the wrong message! I dont know where this controlling man came from!

Sorry for rant, just feel a little unappreciated!

Other than cramps how are you ladies feeling??? Are your pants all fitting more snug??

Oh my word Sasha! I think you need to have a strong word with DH and MIL and explain to them that, baby or not, your life is still YOUR life! I would be so mad in your shoes.just out of curiosity, what culture is this that they are part of?

Missus I'm glad you're feeling better!

Bam - great pics, I didn't get to keep one :,(

AFM - so since I was off last week the rumour mill has gone rife! Everyone seems to just know! Colleagues keep asking if I have something to tell them! (Today it was because I was eating chocolate??? Something I definitely did before being preggo) and the worst bit is...even the kids have been saying it. They've been telling other staff that all their mummies think I'm having a baby! I've got no idea how they've all figured it out as other than being off last week I've not been any different I don't think! Aaaargh! Need some advice ladies! How would you guys deal with this? I feel like a rabbit caught in the headlights everytime it comes up. Xxx

Sasha- your husband needs a stern talking to!! Seems like he has got pregnancy brain! I'm sorry honey..

Missus- please keep us posted on results. My cramping comes and goes too.. I sneezed yesterday and it felt like my ovary shattered!!

Makemeamammy - I know the feeling, I swear my whole office knows.. It's so frustrating! It won't be a surprise when we announce at 12 weeks! I keep lying but it's getting old!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->