Valentine's BfP ladies

Ahh it's fantastic reading back through that old thread. Seems like just yesterday in some ways.

Survived my first day of maternity leave. Was quite bored at one point but have to keep reminding myself to chill out and enjoy it! Health visitor came over and it was really interesting. Lots of info on vaccines, breastfeeding, support groups etc.

I also spent slot of time on my birthing ball, walking the dog and tidying today and this evening I'm having definite feeling like pre-period pain. You know that feeling when AF is about to start. Really hoping this means junior is getting in to position.....

Hee hee - I'm just worrying DH now... Found this link https://spacefem.com/pregnant/due.php?use=EDD&m=10&d=28&y=13! It calculates the odds that you will have gone into labour by a given date based on your due date. So with MIL arriving on 19th, there is a 11.2% chance that I will have gone into labour by then given that I haven't yet.

I think it is amazing that you have only just finished, Missus. Last time I aimed to stop at 38 weeks but had a week's leave to use. This time I needed the extra time so much, I have been so tired!

I feel mean (but not that mean), whenever DH has a headache, is tired, aches... I have absolutely NO sympathy! ;) In fact I remember last labour since my waters broke first but things didn't moving we had to go into hospital that night and spent a few hours there before being asked to go back in the morning, the next night I had to stay in and DH stayed with me, people were in and out all the time taking my temp and things, so by the day DD was born, DH was very tired and actually said so... then looked at me and I've never seen anyone swallow their words so hard! I actually found it quite funny - I guess I was more used to broken sleep by then! :D I'm waiting for what he'll manage to say this time!

Missus- fx... af pain sounds promising!

Emma- I found that thread too... and no sympathy where it isn't deserved! Compassion is for people who don't have a miniwatermelon pressing on their bladder!

Has anyone else woken themselves up with cramps? I have whimpered and groaned for 3 nights in a roew but last night I actually semi-shouted out ouch. Woke hubby up and he was literally putting his pants on before I was even fully aware of what happened. I told him it wasn't time to go and it really didn't hurt that bad. I was impressed at how on the ball he was. Anyhow has anyone else had something similar?

Miss af cramps are a good sign!

Emma I totally know what you mean about no sympathy! I'm a teacher and I'm still teaching! Two other teachers at work were complaining of an upset stomach and a headache. I just looked at them and said I'm 9 1/2 months pregnant... I win. Then walked away. I really don't care how other people are feeling right now. It may be selfish and rude but I just don't care ;)

Sasha I woke up last night twice. Once it was throbbing in my back then it was sharp pain in the front. My DH probably asks me 10 times a night if I'm ok, poor guy. But seems like good signs!

I've been having tightening all day! It hasn't painful just occasionally uncomfortable. Its been going on since this morning and is still happening but its sporadic and not time-able. This is new for me, I usually just have BH like period cramps and low back ache. We'll see.

Ooh jbell exciting!

No major advancements here, still lower back ache and af like aching. Had midwife appt and she said head is down and 4/5ths....whatever that means!?

4/5ths means she can feel 4/5ths of the head above your pelvis, so 1/5th of the head is in the pelvis (how you divide a head into 1/5ths I don't know!). Over the coming days/weeks it should get lower and lower so she'll record 3/5th, 2/5ths, etc. From 3/5ths the baby is considered engaged.

I'm feeling completely emotionally torn - terrified I'll go into labour before MIL gets here and have to do it alone. I am also fed up of this pregnancy - I want it over, I don't think I can make it to Sat and I am also suddenly feeling quite scared - I didn't go through it properly last time (by my reasoning) as I had the epidural. Yesterday I did loads and loads of housework and had BH in the evening but today I felt ill, my guts were uncomfortable all day, I felt sick but I don't think I have had any BH.. Baby is squirming so uncomfortably too. Sorry, I am just feeling quite... I dunno... crap all round. :-(

Have my monitoring and gyn appt tomorrow with the "other" doctor from the surgery who I saw once in my last pregnancy. She's a white coat type unlike mine and makes me feel a bit uncomfortable.

Oh, and I have to see the anaesthetist at the hospital for an assessment. Not looking forward to that either :(

I'm sorry Emma :( I hope you will make it. Just think baby just needs to stay put 4 more days! Come on baby help your mommy!!! I hope your appointments go well tomorrow. I hate doctors so when you get one you especially don't like its like a mental shut down. But fx everything goes ok and baby stays put!

Thanks!

Your symptoms are sounding very promising! I think it's all progress even if it doesn't ramp up into anything.

Sasha - I did actually wake up one night with abdominal pains can't remember much about it though!

I've also been awful dreams - missing flights, spider infestations...

Emma - I hope that your little one stays put for a few more days and that your apt with the anaesthetist is not too daunting. I'm sorry you are feeling a bit crappy ATM :-(

Jbell- sounds super promising.. Does it scare you?

Missus- exciting that your baby is making its way down!! That's a wonderful sign!

Hi all,

Thank you! I just felt miserable and sorry for myself - it passed pretty quickly :) A little TLC from DH made me feel better! <3

My dreams are just as bad - a vampire tried to get me last night! :argh:

However, today wasn't so great. I went for my routine monitoring which was good and I had a nice contraction show up, the midwife looked at the chart and said "end of the month", she's anticipating I go overdue! My gyn appt afterwards was a bit of a different story. As usual I had a routine ultrasound and the doc looked to see if the head was engaged (which it isn't much) measured the head and said it was small. Then she measured the abdomen, the legs, etc, and said he's measuring small all round (by a few weeks). His weight apparently hadn't changed from last week either. The Doppler was normal and she said we'd keep an eye on his growth. My next appt is Thurs next week when I'll be 39+3. I'm just hoping now that he arrives between Sat and Thurs as my doc will induce for medical reasons and this could be one. I'm feeling a little bit worried (ok - a lot worried!).

Having lots of uncomfortable BH again tonight - it's been such a busy day I've barely been here all day. Does anyone else just get them in the evening or do I just notice them more?

Any changes JBell?

Hope everything turns out ok Emma. :hugs:

I was assessed again today and I'm 1cm dilated, soft and cervix is halfway down. She gave it a good pull and booked me in for Saturday but since coming home I've lost a huge chunk of bloody show so it may well happen beforehand with any luck

Hope everyone else is well xx

Sounds promising mamms! Fx!

Emma I hate vampires! I'm sorry your appointment didn't go well. I'm sure your little guy is alright! Try not to worry :hugs:

Bam it doesn't scare me. It's exciting but frustrating when it stops like It did.

I did think I was in labour during 4th period today. I just kept teaching and it eventually stopped. Oh well

LOL! JBell, how old are the kids you teach? What would they do if you did go into labour?!

Mammy, that's fantastic news! FX!!

My doc hasn't done an internal exam yet, she said she would today if the baby's head appeared to be well engaged and on the cervix but it wasn't. I don't think DD engaged before labour and 2nd babies usually don't so I might not get one at all. She didn't want to cause me any discomfort which is nice as I am in enough as it is! I hurt so much down there now - everything seems so much more swollen this pregnancy!

Did your internal exam hurt?

I am terrified of having one as the horrible midwife I had before hurt me so much. The doc said she wouldn't hurt me if she did it!

LOL! JBell, how old are the kids you teach? What would they do if you did go into labour?!

Mammy, that's fantastic news! FX!!

My doc hasn't done an internal exam yet, she said she would today if the baby's head appeared to be well engaged and on the cervix but it wasn't. I don't think DD engaged before labour and 2nd babies usually don't so I might not get one at all. She didn't want to cause me any discomfort which is nice as I am in enough as it is! I hurt so much down there now - everything seems so much more swollen this pregnancy!

Did your internal exam hurt?

I am terrified of having one as the horrible midwife I had before hurt me so much. The doc said she wouldn't hurt me if she did it!

No it didn't really hurt although it definitely wasn't comfortable when she pulled it. I have a tendency to hold my breath sometimes :dohh: and the midwife had to remind me to breathe and that did make it easier.

When is your next appointment everyone?

Wow mamms what an update! Sounds like you're going to be the first one to pop!

Emma I'm keeping everything crossed for you, but like jbell said I'm sure LO is doing good in there.

No more changes here. Still feeling a bit achy and pressure increasing a bit but no sign of any plug/show. Been bouncing on my ball and plan to go for a nice long beach walk today. Firstly as I seem to get majority of BH/movement when walking but also I'm soooo bored! I hope to God I don't go overdue as I couldn't face any more waiting. DH works long hours an he's also goin our tonight (only locally thankfully) so I have a very long day ahead of me :-(

Missus, I did one of the stamp kits from this range to make some pictures for the nursery wall last time. I'm doing one of the foil gilding ones with a boyish theme now. They help to pass the time!

I also made some origami lights for the room but I can't remember the manufacturer.

https://www.playmerrilytoys.co.uk/section/617/1/djeco-craft-kits

I imagine they'd be very excited and expect delivery in the classroom then! I think it's what I would have thought based on all the films I'd seen! :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->