Valentine's Day testers!

CP x

Reaction score
I thought I'd make a thread for those of us that will be testing around Valentine's Day 2016! Hopefully there will be some :bfp: for Valentine's gifts! ❤

Are you trying anything different this cycle? I'm going to start using OPKs and Preseed to up my chances, also DH is taking Fertilaid so hopefully that helps too. I'm hoping to conceive sometime around my birthday on the 31st. :)

I'll be testing on the 14th! Anyone with me? :happydance:

:dust:

Yes that would be me. Fertility friend tells me I'm due on valentines day and I always wait until witch is due. I'm going to do ovulation sticks this month but be warned it's addictive. Not tried preseed. Where do you get it from. I'm from the UK x

My app tells me I'm due the 14th too so I'm going to try to wait until then to test. I tried OPKs a little bit last year but know this time I will definitely get addicted to testing since we are really trying everything now. I bought Preseed at Walgreens so I'm not sure where they would have it in the UK, any convenience store or grocery store I would think. I've just heard great things about it so I'm going to give it a shot this cycle! Good luck! I hope you get your bfp!

Here's hoping for you too x

My problem is my cycles are not always the same they average about 31 days. When will you start testing for ovulation?

I'll join! af is due around the 13 or 14th. I have roughly 35 day cycles. The last one was only 34. I should be ovulating around my hubby's b-day. Not sure if I will end up testing. I always spot a day or two before af is due. So if I start spotting on the 12th or 13th then I know not to test. I don't miss the stress of testing early. While it is always tempting to do so, and I have one frer sitting in my bathroom, I am hoping to wait. I didn't get my bfp until 13dpo last time so waiting a few more days isn't too big of a deal. But if no spotting by end of day 13th then I will wake up on 14th and test.

I'm going back to what i did when I got my bfp a few cycles ago. (ended in mc sadly).

1) temping - although I started late as I was sick and my sleep was way off
2) preseed - didn't use it the last few times but used it during bfp cycle.
3) BD every day, or close to - We did it 12/14 days that cycle. going to try again. Again, a bit of a late start for us as I have been sick. But I don't O until cd17-19 so we are still good to go. Most important days being all 3 days prior to O, day of O and day after O just in case. Since my O date seems to have shifted we will have to do it a bit more to be sure.
4) laying in bed afterwards with hips elevated or in sort of downward dog position (for those times we do it doggy style :blush: )
5) don't tell hubby when O day or week is. Just ambush him. Thankfully he is taking vacation days that week so he won't be too stressed out. But he gets a bit of performance anxiety.
6) no alcohol

That's pretty much it. I did use opk's last time but we just can't afford them and I'm on my 6th cycle so I know when I O and the temp shift plus a progesterone test always confirms it. But for those who do want to I started testing for O on CD 8 but back then I didn't know for sure when my O date would be, and I tested until I got my positive on cd16.

My problem is my cycles are not always the same they average about 31 days. When will you start testing for ovulation?

I'm with you on that too. My cycles are between 30-35 days, this last cycle was 37 days. I'm not sure when to start testing for ovulation, I might start this week sometime since I have no idea when I do so I don't want to miss it, at least for this first cycle using opks. When will you start testing?

I'll join! af is due around the 13 or 14th. I have roughly 35 day cycles. The last one was only 34. I should be ovulating around my hubby's b-day. Not sure if I will end up testing. I always spot a day or two before af is due. So if I start spotting on the 12th or 13th then I know not to test. I don't miss the stress of testing early. While it is always tempting to do so, and I have one frer sitting in my bathroom, I am hoping to wait. I didn't get my bfp until 13dpo last time so waiting a few more days isn't too big of a deal. But if no spotting by end of day 13th then I will wake up on 14th and test.

I'm going back to what i did when I got my bfp a few cycles ago. (ended in mc sadly).

1) temping - although I started late as I was sick and my sleep was way off
2) preseed - didn't use it the last few times but used it during bfp cycle.
3) BD every day, or close to - We did it 12/14 days that cycle. going to try again. Again, a bit of a late start for us as I have been sick. But I don't O until cd17-19 so we are still good to go. Most important days being all 3 days prior to O, day of O and day after O just in case. Since my O date seems to have shifted we will have to do it a bit more to be sure.
4) laying in bed afterwards with hips elevated or in sort of downward dog position (for those times we do it doggy style :blush: )
5) don't tell hubby when O day or week is. Just ambush him. Thankfully he is taking vacation days that week so he won't be too stressed out. But he gets a bit of performance anxiety.
6) no alcohol

That's pretty much it. I did use opk's last time but we just can't afford them and I'm on my 6th cycle so I know when I O and the temp shift plus a progesterone test always confirms it. But for those who do want to I started testing for O on CD 8 but back then I didn't know for sure when my O date would be, and I tested until I got my positive on cd16.

Welcome Aayla! That's a good list of things to try! I'm going to be trying most of those this cycle as well. Hope you get your bfp!

I'm with you on that too. My cycles are between 30-35 days, this last cycle was 37 days. I'm not sure when to start testing for ovulation, I might start this week sometime since I have no idea when I do so I don't want to miss it, at least for this first cycle using opks. When will you start testing?

When I didn't know when I ovulated I was told to start around cd10 and just keep going. It can be pricey if you use digital tests but it is usually worth it. Combine with temping then you will also get a sense of how long after your positive you ovulate. The average person ovulates 14-16 days prior to af starting. So you ovulate somewhere around cd 16-23. Based on 30-37 day cycles. But you could have a longer lp. I used to have an 18 day lp. Now it is around 16 days.

I lost my thermometer so I can't temp again this month. I am thinking of using dollar store opk's starting on Friday to have some sense of when I ovulate this month. But I don't plan on testing unless I am late and I am pretty close to clockwork now.

When I didn't know when I ovulated I was told to start around cd10 and just keep going. It can be pricey if you use digital tests but it is usually worth it. Combine with temping then you will also get a sense of how long after your positive you ovulate. The average person ovulates 14-16 days prior to af starting. So you ovulate somewhere around cd 16-23. Based on 30-37 day cycles. But you could have a longer lp. I used to have an 18 day lp. Now it is around 16 days.

I lost my thermometer so I can't temp again this month. I am thinking of using dollar store opk's starting on Friday to have some sense of when I ovulate this month. But I don't plan on testing unless I am late and I am pretty close to clockwork now.

Thanks for the advice! I will definitely start testing around CD10 and see what happens. I'm really just trying to get an idea at this point but am excited to start using opks, I just hope I don't get too obsessed haha

I will start testing at cd10 also which is Friday...good luck ladies x

I think I'll be testing the 15th...close enough to join you all?? This will be our first cycle trying for #2. AF should be here tomorrow.

I'll join just got af today, but it was a 27 day cycle which actually makes me happy lol. i am going to temp this cycle, use opks, vits , and probably soft cups

I'll join just got af today, but it was a 27 day cycle which actually makes me happy lol. i am going to temp this cycle, use opks, vits , and probably soft cups

You're lucky your cycles are so short! I wish mine would be haha welcome and :dust: to you this cycle!

Actually they just started doing that..they were 30 days and sometimes 35 but they just started getting shorter

Oh awesome! Well hopefully they stay that way so you don't have to wait as long as I do every cycle haha good luck!

AF is here today! Should be fertile next weekend! My LP was only 10 days this past cycle. Usually I'm 11-12 days. Hoping we don't have any issues.

I'll be testing around Valentine's day too! AF is due around the 15th. I usually have 33 day cycles but irregular cycles unfortunately are rather normal for me. I'm seeing my ob tomorrow for a follow up on possible anovulation.

I'm ttc #2 and have a daughter who was born Sept 2013 and is 2. It took 10 months of really irregular cycles after birth control to get pregnant with her. I'm on cycle 4 now and hoping for a shorter journey this time!

:dust:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->