VBAC info/support

Great new F&C have my fingers crossed for you :D x

Ooh sounds good F&C... Everything crossed for you & hope the sweep works! xxz

How is everyone doing?

Just wondered if anyone has a maggie howell VBAC CD they would be will to sell? xx

I had 2 c sections, one on January 14th 2007 and one on May 6th 2008, I'm due on January 25th 2013, and after switching doctors a couple times and lots and lots of protesting, I finally got a go ahead from a obgyn to try a VBAMC. But they are telling me I have a less then 50% chance of success due to the reasoning behind my first c section. I'm nervous, not about rupture, but about going through labor, just to have a c section again.:baby:

Aw F&C! Thinking of you.
Hoping baby arrives for you ASAP.
I've had a bit of cramping... But that's it!
Sorry Heidi don't have that cd! I've got the natal hypnotherapy one xxx

I have searched the websites and I am confused. I had an appointment with my doctor yesterday who isn't too happy about my weight gain. I have gained 24 lbs in almost 30w. This is pg#2.
Pg#1, I developed gestational hypertension at 21w and was prescribed medication. Ended up in a failed induction at 36w and resulted in EMCS.<----gained 96 lbs.
Pg#2, NO SIGN of any blood pressure issues. However, if I gain more than 25 lbs (I started at 176) then I will automatically be put in for a c-sect REGARDLESS of my BP- main reason why I ended up getting the EMCS to begin with...
I know that I can turn down the c-section, especially because there's no medical reason for it at all. Especially if I end up gaining 30-35 lbs...Plus, my consultant is harassing me about the risk of my uterus rupturing (the tiny 3%) if it does, if I try.
I can't switch doctors as I am having the baby at the hospital. Does anyone know perhaps someone I can contact regarding dismissal of a possible c-sect?

I have searched the websites and I am confused. I had an appointment with my doctor yesterday who isn't too happy about my weight gain. I have gained 24 lbs in almost 30w. This is pg#2.
Pg#1, I developed gestational hypertension at 21w and was prescribed medication. Ended up in a failed induction at 36w and resulted in EMCS.<----gained 96 lbs.
Pg#2, NO SIGN of any blood pressure issues. However, if I gain more than 25 lbs (I started at 176) then I will automatically be put in for a c-sect REGARDLESS of my BP- main reason why I ended up getting the EMCS to begin with...
I know that I can turn down the c-section, especially because there's no medical reason for it at all. Especially if I end up gaining 30-35 lbs...Plus, my consultant is harassing me about the risk of my uterus rupturing (the tiny 3%) if it does, if I try.
I can't switch doctors as I am having the baby at the hospital. Does anyone know perhaps someone I can contact regarding dismissal of a possible c-sect?

If your last c-section wasn't complicated, the risk of rupture is actually around an even tinier 0.4%!
https://midwifethinking.com/2011/02/23/vbac-making-a-mountain-out-of-a-molehill/

Is there a head of department you can speak to? She's the one who signed off my VBAC plans, and no-one questions me on anything when they see her signature in my notes.

Hope you get things sorted!

I have gained 22 pounds and I'm almost 32 weeks, and my doctor hasn't mentioned it effecting my vbamc. I even have gestational diabetes and that hasn't had an effect either.

If your last c-section wasn't complicated, the risk of rupture is actually around an even tinier 0.4%!
https://midwifethinking.com/2011/02/23/vbac-making-a-mountain-out-of-a-molehill/

Is there a head of department you can speak to? She's the one who signed off my VBAC plans, and no-one questions me on anything when they see her signature in my notes.

Hope you get things sorted!

I had no complications with my c-section nor scar. I actually only bled for 5 days and I have a barely noticeable scar on both my lower abdomen and on my uterus as per what my doctor says. I go to a family practice so there's not much in legal impedments that I can do. (To my knowledge). The one who consulted me for my vbac is the one who will end up doing the c-section if it turns for the necessary.

Hi ladies, I was hoping that you knowledgeable lot would be able to help me. I am pregnant with baby number two and REALLY want a VBAC.

I wanted to know, can you be monitored birthing on a birth ball and standing up? The last time the midwife insisted that it HAD to be on the bed. I honestly believe that becase I was on a bed, on my back that is why things went pear shaped (not all but some) I wasn't allowed to move and the midwife more or less said well if something happens it's your fault...not those exact words though obviously. It scared the crap out of me so I went along with it. I did ask for a birth ball but was told no I had to be on the bed.
So next time I want to be on a birth ball, I want to be able to stand and rock or taken off the monitor and be able to walk around for a bit then go back on it again.
Lots to think about! Can any one help? Or add to things I can do to stay of the bed? I'm not opposed to spending a little time on the bed but refuse to spend the whole labour on a bed.

Thank you x

I was restricted to the bed first time and ended in emcs but the time even though in was connected to monitor I was allowed out to stand and bounce on the ball. I wasn't really able to walk about because if the leads but it was so much better than last time and I got my vbac. Good luck.

they can still monitor you if your on the ball, they shouldn't make you lay in bed the whole time, if its comfortable to be on the ball then do it, especially if they Cant come up with a valid reason why not.
ive been told my hospital has one cordless monitor which i could use in the birthing pool but if its in use then there is still enough slack on the other ones for me to be mobile. not sure how they would be about taking it off though, i found it so uncomfortable last time. x

Heidi, where abouts in the South are you? I think you've told me but I've forgotten. My hospital has said the same.

So induction tomorrow. Wish me luck x

Good luck tomorrow Fishy.
Will be thinking of you.
I'm still very pregnant.. Haha!
Fingers crossed for a fast vbac. Xxxx

fareham f&c, will be thinking of you tomorrow x

Btw my hosp told me they have cordless monitors for
Pool/ball etc too, but like the pool- once they are taken- they are taken! Xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics