VBAC info/support

Tristan James Phipps beat the induction and was born today at 8.14am weighing 8lb 4oz with a natural birth this time. I was due to be induced yesterday but there were no beds so I had to stay the night only to be woken at 4am with cramps.

There were a few complications after delivery on top of a 3rd degree tear so I will need to stay in hospital for a few days. Xx

Congratulations Fishy :) Glad you had your natural birth and wish you a speedy recovery xxx

Congrats! Sorry to hear there were complications, but glad you got your VBAC. Hope you'd hospital stay is quick and you get home soon :)

Yay well done Fishy! Huge congratulations on the birth of baby Tristan :) look forward to hearing your birth story x

My massively long birth story is now in my journal. Feel free to skip through it!!

I wanted to know, can you be monitored birthing on a birth ball and standing up?

I didnt have a cordless monitor but was allowed to bounce on ball and walk round bed etc. Just as far as the wires would reach!

Hi, I am currently 11 weeks pregnant with number 2 and I am desperately hoping for a vbac this time, my labour with dd was very long and I feel there was too much intervention which resulted in the need for an emcs. I have my first consultants appointment just after Christmas at 16 weeks can anyone advise what I can expect?

I think from what I can remember, that they just give you facts and figures and risks involved so that you can go away and think about what you would like to do. They will then see you again at about 36 weeks. They also gave me information on a vbac class near me. Good luck! x

Thanks for your replies ladies, I have my first mw appointment next week so shall get the ball rolling!

Hey ladies,
I just need some....:wacko:....good thoughts maybe, positive thinking? I live in Massachusetts, and after switching my doctor numerous times, I finally found one that is all for my vbac :thumbup: I'll give you a little back story.

My water broke for my first at 41 weeks 4 days, at 2:45 am. I went right into the hospital was told I was 2 cms and offered an epidural. I didn't take the epi, and fell asleep. I woke up at 11am, was checked and asked for the epidural. I was 10 cms, they wouldn't give me an epi. I pushed from 12pm until 2:30pm, and was told I needed a c section. My first child, a girl named Madison Celeste, was born on January 14th 2007, she had to be pulled out and pushed up the birth canal at the same time. She was 9 pounds 2 ounces and was facing upwards. I was told my reason for needing a c section was she was too big, she was facing up, and she had a nuchal cordx3.

My second child, a boy names Jacob Daniel, was born on may 6th 2008 by repeat c section. I was never told about vbac. He was 9 pounds 9 ounces and even though his apgar scores were 8 and 8 he was in the nursery for 7 hours due to breathing issues.

I am due January 25th 2013, and was told I can have a vbac. I had an ultrasound yesterday (32 weeks 5 days) and my baby is weighing in at 5 pounds 8 ounces and in the 92nd percentile. :dohh: I am SO scared of uterine rupture, but I am also SO scared of another c section. THREE C SECTIONS?! I don't know what to do. I want to try, but I am so scared I'll rupture and something will happen to my son, or me. I have two other children who need me here....I'm such a baby :baby: I have another ultrasound in a month to find out how much he has grown. I just am hoping there are some ladies in here who have had a VBA2C and have good stories. Any help or advice would be nice. :cry:

Congratulations F&C!!
So pleased for you. Your words about c section made me feel proud for you.
I'm still pregnant... Had no wifi for a few days either to vent!
Had sweep last Monday but cervIx was too posterior.. Another tomorrow am... Otherwise booked in for my waters breaking on Thursday ! Gah!!!!!

hope you dont have to wait much longer shell x

Thanks Ladies.
Really not comfortable with the drip.. So may just go
For the section on thurs (booked in!) but id rather have my vbac- so hard to decide! F&C- did you have concerns re drip? Was there a plan (ie start small cos of prev scar etc)?
Appreciate you didn't need it in the end!! Xxxx

The plan was to break my waters first as I was already 2cms from the sweep and then if that didn't work they would start me on the drip but only a small amount that would increase slowly. X

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->