Vent - LO with food allergies

Dream.dream

SAHM to 2 beautiful boys
Reaction score
My son is allergic to tree nuts, coconut , palm oil , and all artificial food dyes , it hard to keep him away from these things but we avoid anything we don't make at home to keep him safe ( I even make bread for him to avoid contamination)

We also pay about 300 more then averse a month for a daycare that has catered meals on site , with no preservatives , all organic and they are supposed to accommodate children with food allergies .

Well at daycar he's had 4 allergic reactions from something they have fed him in 3 months . This is very hard on him as the antihistamines make him hyper and he hates being itchy .

The daycare is suppose to help with his allergies but I'm starting to feel like he's only safe at home . I had to pick him up early today covered in huge welts because he's reacted to something he ate

I'm just so frustrated with working so hard at home to keep him safe and paying for this daycare of they arnt goin to be careful enough

That is very annoying. Have you looked into home day cares, maybe you could find someone more accommodating, or send his lunch and snacks with him.

I could send his food with him but there isn't much to then stop the other kids from sharing , and if he's not eating their food then they won't see the need to not include items he can't have in the meal plans . Also if I did it would take out the point of me paying all that extras money for a daycare .

I'm already looking right now as he starts kindergarten in September 3 days a week,
Or I'm going to complain to the head office and raise a fuss

This isn't the kind of stress I need right now tho

:( poor little fella.
Do they think this is an allergy that will get better with age. Or will he have these allergies forever.

If you pay them money to cater to his allergy needs they should be doing that. Maybe you should have a word to them :(

Unfortunately it's likely a forever thing. Family history of severe nut allergies and I myself am allergic to coconut , among other things,

I'm concerned as they are not supposed to use anything processed but one of the things he reacted to was butter chicken which clearly had dye in it and found out they used some kind of mix powder, and another kid brought a granola bar in and shared it.

It stresses me out because the more he's exposed the worse the allergy gets, I'm writing a letter to the administration of the daycare the more I think about it the more mad it makes me

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->