VENT THREAD! Things you wish you could say but can't

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm just surprised how insensitive some BFP ladies can be, especially those who were LTTC'ers then suddenly the become pregnantzilla bragging 101 on the TTC side of the website. makes zero sense. Maybe pregnancy causes short term memory loss :haha:

Bragging and/or whining. Like we wouldn't happily have morning sickness. :)

I'm just surprised how insensitive some BFP ladies can be, especially those who were LTTC'ers then suddenly the become pregnantzilla bragging 101 on the TTC side of the website. makes zero sense. Maybe pregnancy causes short term memory loss :haha:

Maybe pregnancy causes short term memory loss :haha:[/QUOTE]:haha:
Why do they brag on TTC forums anyway? When I first got my faint line, the first place I went was to the pregnancy test forum. I didn't want to rub it in anyone's face. It wasn't til it started fading that I came back here. And that was just because I knew people here would understand. Every post I made about my fading lines in the other forums almost were ignored.:dohh:

By the way (and slight off topic), that girl that I told you about earlier that had a go at her midwife because she cancelled her appointment... She complained at actually made her come out to see her. What a bitch.

Ugh... I have a step sister in law about the same way. She's on her third pregnancy, and since like month 6, all we've heard is her complaining. Well, she's due sometime in August. Not even sure when, but I think the early part. She insisted that she and her husband go walking yesterday, so they went to the mall. She fell! She's at 3 centimeters, but they sent her home because she wasn't actually in labor. So she went to a hospital in a bigger city (farther away) and they sent her home too.

Now she's all complaining about that. I do understand it's scary that she fell, and that she probably is in pain. Yep, I sure do. But I've just got this gut feeling that she's milking it up to try to get induced. All we've heard for at least the last two months was how she can't wait to get that baby "out of her." Ever since she heard me talk about how they had to induce me two weeks early with my oldest son because of pre-eclampsia (sp?) she has just had ALL of the symptoms of it....

Then she claims to be so concerned, but every day has to go somewhere and do something. She will not sit her butt down and rest, which is def what she needs to do before something stupid does happen. My oldest was born 2 weeks early, and he had a few health problems because of it.

Sit you arse down and relax. Keep that baby in there til she's ready for this harsh world! What's wrong with you?

Sorry... that turned into a vent... :haha:

This one in donor related.

My donor is a "high offspring donor". He had had 44 successful pregnancies with donor children. This other forum I go on treat him like he is the most evil thing alive and say mean things about all the people using him as their donor. They claim people who are his recipient didn't think about their choice of donor or couldn't get someone else to do it. Some of these people call themselves my friend.

I'm so fucked off with it.

I think I've written on it before, that you almost grieve for the baby that was in your mind. Just not in your womb

That sums up how I felt when af came the last time. Absolutely devastated. I had let myself get my hopes up and everything. I have started temping to set my mind at ease to see that I am ovulating. I have very short, light periods but they come like clockwork. Sometimes painful. So I get worried that things are not right in there. I come from VERY fertile families so I feel like a dud being in cycle 9.

:dust: to all of us. For sticky beans and bfp.

jcombs, so sorry to hear whats happening. :hugs:
the "grieving over a child in your mind, not just in your womb" - perfectly said, brought tears to my eyes. Each month i think "if i get BFP, the baby will be here for X (holiday, someone else's bday, other event)" - and each month it's devastating. i know we all feel the same. it's SO hard not to think ahead, and harder to have that desire unmet. thank you for expressing what i couldnt say.

I'm sure no one was aiming that at you jcombs :hugs:
After all your losses, I'm sure everyone would agree, we'd all be happy to hear that you'd had some success. I saw a girl who was in the WTT, she's only just moved and she's already pregnant. I'm happy for her, but it just makes me so sad :( If I'd got pregnant the first time I tried, my due date would be next month! I want that more than anything... but no, it's not for us :(

What you said....if I got pregnant the first time I tried, I'd have at least a 5 year old. *sigh*

I think it's kinda the idea that you can't create a thread to say 'I'm pregnant' in the TTC forum. But theres nothing wrong with telling people, or putting in your Sig and going into the TTC forums :dohh:

Hugs sweet, I can't imagine how awful it is for you. It must be so scary and such a rollercoaster :hugs:

When I was trying, I couldn't NTNP, I was just to desperate, and every little thing bothered me and I'd be thinking of everything. Getting that BFN every month is agonising, I think I've written on it before, that you almost grieve for the baby that was in your mind. Just not in your womb :(

On one of the forums I'm a member of. When you register you have to say if your signature or avatar will include anything about children or pregnancy - there are certain forums that automatically remove your signature or avatar if it includes those things just for those women who don't want to see babies and pg tests in avatars and such. I thought that was a sweet idea. Its just removing salt from the wounds in those certain forums that those with us having a harder time don't have to be reminded every 3 seconds.

Yeah, that's an awesome idea J_Lynn! When I was TTC originally, I wasn't on any forum, but I can imagine the agony of seeing something like that when you've just got your AF :(

I kinda think they should do that for any of these ttc threads. It would take the sting out for a lot of women.

I think it's kinda the idea that you can't create a thread to say 'I'm pregnant' in the TTC forum. But theres nothing wrong with telling people, or putting in your Sig and going into the TTC forums :dohh:

Hugs sweet, I can't imagine how awful it is for you. It must be so scary and such a rollercoaster :hugs:

When I was trying, I couldn't NTNP, I was just to desperate, and every little thing bothered me and I'd be thinking of everything. Getting that BFN every month is agonising, I think I've written on it before, that you almost grieve for the baby that was in your mind. Just not in your womb :(

On one of the forums I'm a member of. When you register you have to say if your signature or avatar will include anything about children or pregnancy - there are certain forums that automatically remove your signature or avatar if it includes those things just for those women who don't want to see babies and pg tests in avatars and such. I thought that was a sweet idea. Its just removing salt from the wounds in those certain forums that those with us having a harder time don't have to be reminded every 3 seconds.

Or people could just be mature and use the spoiler thing or hide their signature (which is an option every time you post).

IMO, pregnant (or wondering if they are pregnant) ladies posting in WTT is a big problem too.

As a serious aside, does it bother people to see the whole WTT #2 and the DD thing in my signature? I've never thought about it before....

Ughhh, I really do think some people don't get that getting pregnant the first time is really just luck and nothing but...as though there needs to be some advice given to women who have to wait additional cycles. :dohh:

Whenever I see that spoiler box in someones sig I aytomatically want to see what it is so that wouldnt help me :haha: although I do like to see how long it took some women to get their bfp especially if theyve been trying for a while, it gives me hope that it can still happen just depends what mood im in.

As for the bfp first month I always wonder if theyll fall again soo quickly next time if they dont it must be extra frustrating knowing it happend soo easily last time.

It is frustrating. I lost my first and the body can take a while to normalize and that is über frustrating :(

Part of me likes to see peoples tickers. They give me hope, especially when can see they were trying for a long time or similar. Guess we're all different though

RANT

ARRRGHHHHHH why do antibiotics always give me thrush?!?! I don't want the chest infection... but i DON'T want thrush either *is miserable*

I don't know if it helps you, but to keep thrush away I use 'Wrights Coal Tar Soap'... It doesn't exactly smell great, but it cleared up my thrush really quickly without using pessaries, creams, etc. And it's suppose to keep it at bay too! :thumbup:

Thanks hun will give it a go. Am drinking yakult too. Doc says that will help

Well it is official...The friend who came to me 2 months ago asking for advice and for things I have learned over the lawst 8 months is now pregnant. Before she started she asked me why I was doing ovulation tests so I explained them. I explained the best time to get pregnant along with what the cm should be. 2 months and she sends me a text wit a nice big ole digital test saying pregnant and no other message. She sent it as she was walking up to me to see my reacton. My reaction wasn't happy (I didn't see her coming so I couldn't switch on the OMG YEAAAAA face and voice fast enough and he noticed I was upset). I just said I am glad you didn't have to try for so long to know what I am feeling knowing a friend of mine only tried for 2 months and got pregnant. I am very happy for her but it also hurts. Then she had the ovaries to say "We were pregnant together last time so you better hurry up and get pregnant this cycle so we can be pregnant at the same time again." DUH if i got pregnat when I wanted to I would be 8 months pregnant! I am trying to be a good friend and be happy for her because right now it is all about her happy time...but I am not going to lie I want it to be me. I hate feeling jealous like this but I can't really help it!

Or people could just be mature and use the spoiler thing or hide their signature (which is an option every time you post).

IMO, pregnant (or wondering if they are pregnant) ladies posting in WTT is a big problem too.

As a serious aside, does it bother people to see the whole WTT #2 and the DD thing in my signature? I've never thought about it before....

Ughhh, I really do think some people don't get that getting pregnant the first time is really just luck and nothing but...as though there needs to be some advice given to women who have to wait additional cycles. :dohh:

People who have kids don't bother me, personally - I don't know how anyone else feels about it though. But I have two step-kids, so I am used to being around kids 24/7. Although, I get the green-eyed monster about them all the time. I hate that my hubby coddles them when they're sick and how they cling to him lovingly and blah - it makes me sick. Not because he's the best dad I know (other than my own, of course) but because they're not mine. lol I know, it's petty and horrible - but it's the truth. If they're only paying him attention I sit there like a jealous pissed off kid until they come jump on me. Then all is well LOL

But yeah, seeing that people have kids doesn't bother me; it's just the "OMG I ONLY TRIED FOR 3 WHOLE DAYS AND I GOT KNOCKED UP! BUT IT WAS THE LONGEST 3 DAYS EVER!!!!!!!!" people that I want to punch in the nose. :p It's like, congrats - but seriously, pay attention to where the hell you're posting ... clearly we don't want details. lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back