VENT THREAD! Things you wish you could say but can't

Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay, well here's an update on my previous vent! I sent a very gently worded private message to the person I vented about on page 39 of this thread, suggested that constantly posting in the TTC #1 thread about how you conceived your first month is just great and that it must be "the luck o' the Irish" MIGHT NOT BE VERY FUCKING SENSITIVE OR THOUGHTFUL OR SUPPORTIVE. Ahem. I didn't write that. I just suggested that she hide her signature when posting in these forums.

In response, she said NO, as it would be "doing a disservice to herself."

I reported her. FX that it works.

What a b#$%^!!! I hope it works too!!:growlmad:

Okay, well here's an update on my previous vent! I sent a very gently worded private message to the person I vented about on page 39 of this thread, suggested that constantly posting in the TTC #1 thread about how you conceived your first month is just great and that it must be "the luck o' the Irish" MIGHT NOT BE VERY FUCKING SENSITIVE OR THOUGHTFUL OR SUPPORTIVE. Ahem. I didn't write that. I just suggested that she hide her signature when posting in these forums.

I might be a jerk for saying this, and that's just fine - but I hope next time, she sits there for 8 fn years TTC so she knows what it feels like to want something so badly she can't think straight and it consumes thousands of dollars, millions of tears, and tons of emotions that she clearly has never experienced. I really, really don't like her or her signature after that one. Maybe now that she's knocked up she'll find another forum.

I might be a jerk for saying this, and that's just fine - but I hope next time, she sits there for 8 fn years TTC so she knows what it feels like to want something so badly she can't think straight and it consumes thousands of dollars, millions of tears, and tons of emotions that she clearly has never experienced. I really, really don't like her or her signature after that one. Maybe now that she's knocked up she'll find another forum.

i read that girls signature and it really piss%* me off. Totally agree hun she should be reported and next time she ttc hope she gets to experience some of what other ladies have had to go through.

WHAT A COMPLETE AND INSENSITIVE BIT*%

OH MY GOD!! I can't believe the vileness of that women... does she not have a thought for anyone else in the world?! I really hope she's reading these. She deserves to know what a b*tch she is! I agree with J_Lynn; I hope she has secondary infertility problems and struggles and goes through all the pain that we have to, maybe then she'll grow up and get a life. And have some respect for others around her!

Be the change you wish to see in the world.

By which I mean to say that others should speak up about this individual. Her emails to me, aside from being obnoxious and pretty insulting, suggested that I'm the only one who has said anything. If you, too, find her signature appalling, take action! One of these ways:
1. Send her a private message.
2. Click the "Report post" icon on the bottom left of her posts.
3. Click the "Contact us" link on the bottom of any page and send a message to the admin people about her.

I can't say anything to her because I don't know who she is. But I would if I could!

(when i told her i was having problems conceiving, she laughed and said she wished she did...)

Omfg!!!!!!

I know... I was like, "Did she just say that?" :growlmad:

ARE YOU KIDDING ME?!?!?!? What an insensitive twat!! Can I say that?? I hope that doesn't get me in trouble - but seriously, REALLY?!?! I would have slapped her in the face - it would have just been a reflex LOL

I wanted to, but I couldn't hit a pregnant woman.... And at the time, I was so stunned that she actually had said that, I couldn't say anything at all!

I would PM and sent report but I'm still clueless as to whom you guys are discussing about.

I would PM and sent report but I'm still clueless as to whom you guys are discussing about.

at this point, sheer curiosity makes me want to find out also.

Well, I definitely don't feel comfortable publicly naming this individual (cough :winkwink: cough), but others had mentioned seeing her signature and being upset by it. Just keep your eyes peeled.

Alternatively, a bit of searching with my key phrases from my description will bring her up.

:dust:

Well, step sister in law (whom I've complained about on here before) had her baby today. Since all we've heard about in the last 2 months is how she can't wait to get it out of her, I hope she will sthu now! Of course, she'll probably just find something else to complain about. Probably taking care of a newborn...

I have half a mind to go in there and blast her with the same negative insensitive things she has said to me over the last 6 months. (When I told her I was having problems conceiving, she laughed and said she wished she did...)

But I will be the bigger person, because I know how it feels when stupid people can't shut their mouths and be supportive.

I'm sorry she even had the audacity to say that to you. No I didn't try.long, but I would never wish fertility issues on myself or anyone else. Apparently you told her that out of confidence and she should have supported you. People like that you have to feed with a long handled spoon because of their ignorance :hugs:

Well, step sister in law (whom I've complained about on here before) had her baby today. Since all we've heard about in the last 2 months is how she can't wait to get it out of her, I hope she will sthu now! Of course, she'll probably just find something else to complain about. Probably taking care of a newborn...

I have half a mind to go in there and blast her with the same negative insensitive things she has said to me over the last 6 months. (When I told her I was having problems conceiving, she laughed and said she wished she did...)

But I will be the bigger person, because I know how it feels when stupid people can't shut their mouths and be supportive.

I'm sorry she even had the audacity to say that to you. No I didn't try.long, but I would never wish fertility issues on myself or anyone else. Apparently you told her that out of confidence and she should have supported you. People like that you have to feed with a long handled spoon because of their ignorance :hugs:

:rofl:

What annoys me, people who are nearly 18 weeks pregnant posting in the TTC section.

Point?

What annoys me, people who are nearly 18 weeks pregnant posting in the TTC section.

Point?

Um maybe cause I can. Problem? As far as I know it's an open forum and I am allowed to post where I want to. So I really see no point in you getting upset for nothing.

Yes actually? Maybe I'll just go post in baby club and tell people how to bring up their children.

Because I can.

Not that I have any experience in it at all.

Your boasting signature is horrible, some sensitivity goes a long way.

You can post anywhere you please hun. I don't get how I'm boasting but okay.

Hunni, you're also posting in the middle of a discussion about how hurtful and offensive it can be to see the signatures boasting about quick conception. If you scroll up a few posts before yours, you might see why you're getting such a strident response.

These actually AREN'T meant to be open forums. They're meant to be dedicated to those who are in the specified phase, although this isn't strictly enforced.

I know you, and others like you, mean well. How about hiding your signature in the TTC forums? Just unclick the box to the right below the place you type your response.

Ha! You just changed your signature. Well, that's good, anyway, but I think you know how it was boasting.

Again, I don't think you'd be getting this strong a reaction were it not for the timing of your post.

For the mean ones, I can't bring myself to wish infertility on them. But I do wish them bad stretch marks, saggy boobs, 50 pound weight gain and that their hubby cheats on them afterward. I guess I'm evil too now that I think about it.

I'd never wish infertility on anyone either. After having to live with it, and losses. It is truly soul destroying.

I'm all for the massive weight gain, hubby cheating and millions of stretch marks though.

I'm a big believer in karma! The world always rights itself.

Ha! You just changed your signature. Well, that's good, anyway, but I think you know how it was boasting.

Again, I don't think you'd be getting this strong a reaction were it not for the timing of your post.

I actually changed it because of that specific conversation you ladies were having. I'm not that mean. But to say someone can post here because their pregnant. There are ladies who are ttc that post in the pregnancy boards.

I have posted on first tri to HELP ladies who are worried about ectopic as I have experienced it and my information is helpful.

You posting in a thread for people struggling to conceive is not helpful at all. Especially when you had an "it only took me 2 cycles" la de da signature. So yeah.

Try putting yourself in our shoes.

I actually changed it because of that specific conversation you ladies were having. I'm not that mean. But to say someone can post here because their pregnant. There are ladies who are ttc that post in the pregnancy boards.

Do you not see how this is different?

And thank you, truly, for changing your sig! :thumbup: Everyone here is genuinely happy for those who succeed in achieving pregnancy.

Do you not see how this is different?

And thank you, truly, for changing your sig! :thumbup: Everyone here is genuinely happy for those who succeed in achieving pregnancy.

I agree. I don't care who posts in here, but it would be best to hide your sig so it doesn't hurt anyone. Some of these wonderful ladies have been trying for a very long time, and it really really hurts seeing stuff like that, especially if someone is bragging about how quickly they conceived. :thumbup:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"