VENT THREAD! Things you wish you could say but can't

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have posted on first tri to HELP ladies who are worried about ectopic as I have experienced it and my information is helpful.

You posting in a thread for people struggling to conceive is not helpful at all. Especially when you had an "it only took me 2 cycles" la de da signature. So yeah.

Try putting yourself in our shoes.

Oh.

@Pbl &Jcombs: I truly get what you're saying. It's no problem changing my signature

I don't have a problem with you at all hunni. I just understand where some of these ladies are coming from.

What a nightmare TTC makes even the simplest of situations! I can completely understand hunni wanting to show the world how fantastic her pregnancy is, and how easily she fell pregnant.
But at the same time, it's so difficult, because I completely understand the bitterness and hurt behind the other TTC girls wishes.
Why can't life just be simple? And the women who want babies get pregnant straight away :hugs:

By the way, I still don't know who the girl you've said has been gloating is, so I can't send her a message or report her. I've even tried looking with your key phrases and still didn't find her :shrugs:

How come we always lose those who we love most? How come evil things like cancer always take a 41 year old mum of three instead of an evil criminal? How come when that person leaves you don't know how to cope five years later? Why can't it ever get easier?

Antisocial, discriminatory or offensive messages and quotes (intended or otherwise) aimed at the community at large, certain demographics (including parenting styles) or specific members, are not permitted.

Ladies this is in response to discussing people's signatures on this thread. It is not appropriate to bash other forum members or their signatures or threads on other posts- even if it is a 'Vent Thread'. The regular forum rules are still applicable.

If you have concerns... use the Contact Us link, report posts, or PM a moderator or administrator. I cannot discuss the progress or any reports but if you have done so, the team is aware.

If I come across any posts with reference to this issue in the future, I will be removing them from the thread, as I did the last time I put a warning on this thread (post #225)

You can put any users you find offensive etc on your Ignore List. You won't see their posts or signatures for that matter if you do so.

Thank you, Tasha! I actually didn't know about the ignore option, and I didn't see your prior warning.

So, just to clarify, if we see individuals whose posts or signatures are offensive to us (particularly expecting women who are posting frequently in the TTC forums) then we should report them as the first step?

I just want to make sure I understand proper protocol.

Thanks, again.

I didn't know you could ignore people either! :dohh:

An admin input is avoided where possible but I feel I need to further address the issue that has been raised in this thread.

• Members are not required/asked to turn off their signatures in TTC/TTC #1 because they are pregnant.
These actually AREN'T meant to be open forums. They're meant to be dedicated to those who are in the specified phase, although this isn't strictly enforced.
  • This isn't necessarily true, they are meant to be open forums ... members are asked politely (not by rule) to have consideration in more sensitive areas of the forum ... TTC after a loss, LTTTC & assisted conception, etc.
Expecting Mums/Moms offering support and advice on these boards have usually been on the TTC journey themselves and are simply offering encouraging words at the same time. One day you will be in the same position right?

Most members who use this section are not LTTTC. We have made BnB a comfortable spot for everyone's journeys ... if you are LTTTC maybe it is best to avoid the more open, less restricted forums.

It is very unusual to get an issue within the normal sections of the forum in this case the TTC board. If it was LTTTC I would understand.

Personal input:
If you haven't used BnB for your TTC journey and found yourself expecting on month #1 congratulations but out of consideration maybe it is best you move straight over to the first trimester. I can see why this would be a problem for some ladies.

Thanks

BFN. Why is the would so unfair? Very tempted to go straight for IVF, I hate my body.

I hate that it doesn't do the job it's meant to do.

Thank god I have a wonderful OH.

Can't believe some of the people you are posing about in here. I think twats is the only way to describe them and a very fitting title.

I cannot go on Facebook any more due to all the kids/preg/babies.

xxx

I hope you dont hate me for this but I just wanted to say dont give up hope yet, your chart looks fantastic and if your implantation dip was on 7dpo (which it looks like to me) then 9dpo could be HCG of one and then 11dpo would be HCG of two, going by the average double every 48 hours, so plenty of time for a BFP.

I hope you take this in the way I mean it, to offer hope.

I also hope my siggy doesnt offend any one :hugs:

What a nightmare TTC makes even the simplest of situations! I can completely understand hunni wanting to show the world how fantastic her pregnancy is, and how easily she fell pregnant.
But at the same time, it's so difficult, because I completely understand the bitterness and hurt behind the other TTC girls wishes.
Why can't life just be simple? And the women who want babies get pregnant straight away :hugs:

By the way, I still don't know who the girl you've said has been gloating is, so I can't send her a message or report her. I've even tried looking with your key phrases and still didn't find her :shrugs:

Actually, you CAN'T see where TTC women are coming from. You yourself are NOT TTC yet, and when you have been at this for YEARS with no results, you too will be upset and annoyed over a "19 and pregnant on 2 cycles" signature or advice on TTC coming from that women.

When you have endured YEARS of heartache and not MONTHS, let us know.

Actually, you CAN'T see where TTC women are coming from. You yourself are NOT TTC yet, and when you have been at this for YEARS with no results, you too will be upset and annoyed over a "19 and pregnant on 2 cycles" signature or advice on TTC coming from that women.

When you have endured YEARS of heartache and not MONTHS, let us know.

:( We dont have to turn on one another, she was trying to be sympathetic.

Be gentle on each other girls :hugs:

Just trying to illustrate that no one can say something like they if they are not going thru it. Just saying......it's kind of patronizing

I'm very sorry to hear that you feel this way oplittleone. And if you'd cared to speak to me first, instead of throwing your insults and assumptions around. You would've found out that before WTT for 2 months to give myself a break, and to make sure that I didn't have a baby in the middle of my exams. You would've found out that I have been TTC since December. No, not a long time in most peoples book, but enough to know the pain of TTC and the disappointment of getting AF every month.
I'm very hurt that you take away from my desperation for a baby, just because I want him/her to be born into the best possible situation.

P.s.
I don't know you oplittleone, and I wouldn't judge your situation. No, I can't imagine how awful it must be to suffer 4 years of infertility. Which must be very raw for you right now, particularly since you noted that it was pretty much 4 years to the day yesterday. I am very sorry for you. But you don't have to take away from my TTC and WTT journey of the past 2 years (if you include the rest of the time I've waited to try).

But you were at this point I am at some point. Wouldn't it be better to help each other out and to be empathetic towards others around us. Rather than getting at each other?

I wish you all the best in your TTC journey, even if you do not wish me the same in mine. :hugs:

(when i told her i was having problems conceiving, she laughed and said she wished she did...)

Omfg!!!!!!

I know... I was like, "Did she just say that?" :growlmad:

ARE YOU KIDDING ME?!?!?!? What an insensitive twat!! Can I say that?? I hope that doesn't get me in trouble - but seriously, REALLY?!?! I would have slapped her in the face - it would have just been a reflex LOL

I wanted to, but I couldn't hit a pregnant woman.... And at the time, I was so stunned that she actually had said that, I couldn't say anything at all!

Ohhh that's true. Yeah, can't slap the pregos around!!

BFN. Why is the would so unfair? Very tempted to go straight for IVF, I hate my body.

I hate that it doesn't do the job it's meant to do.

Thank god I have a wonderful OH.

Can't believe some of the people you are posing about in here. I think twats is the only way to describe them and a very fitting title.

I cannot go on Facebook any more due to all the kids/preg/babies.

xxx

I hope you dont hate me for this but I just wanted to say dont give up hope yet, your chart looks fantastic and if your implantation dip was on 7dpo (which it looks like to me) then 9dpo could be HCG of one and then 11dpo would be HCG of two, going by the average double every 48 hours, so plenty of time for a BFP.

I hope you take this in the way I mean it, to offer hope.

I also hope my siggy doesnt offend any one :hugs:

Of course I don't hate you. Thanks for taking the time to look at my chart and for having positive things to say.

And your signature doesn't offend me at all.

Testing again saturday, then Monday if no AF. Feel free to peek at my journal if you want to see how I get on.

Thank you and much love.

xxx

I didnt notice you had a journal otherwise I would of written it there as it wasnt really a rant or vent :haha:

I would pop there now.

(when i told her i was having problems conceiving, she laughed and said she wished she did...)

Omfg!!!!!!

I know... I was like, "Did she just say that?" :growlmad:

ARE YOU KIDDING ME?!?!?!? What an insensitive twat!! Can I say that?? I hope that doesn't get me in trouble - but seriously, REALLY?!?! I would have slapped her in the face - it would have just been a reflex LOL

I wanted to, but I couldn't hit a pregnant woman.... And at the time, I was so stunned that she actually had said that, I couldn't say anything at all!

Ohhh that's true. Yeah, can't slap the pregos around!!

Nope, not irl... but you can do quite a bit of it in your mind!!! :haha:

Two Un-Vents (is that allowed on a Vent thread?):

1. That ignore list is AWESOME!!!! Access it through your User Control Panel. Took me a few minutes to find it, but it was super easy once I got there.

2. No one on this thread has offended me (well, of the posts I've read--haven't looked all 50 pages). You are all STRONG AMAZING WOMEN, and I wish you wonderful things and lots of
:dust: :dust: :dust: :dust: :dust: :dust: :dust: :dust: :dust: :dust: :dust: :dust: :dust: :dust: :dust: :dust: :dust: :dust: :dust: :dust: :dust: :dust: :dust: :dust: :dust: :dust: :dust:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"