VENT THREAD! Things you wish you could say but can't

Status
Not open for further replies.
i wish i had the balls to go to a Baby Shower - but i am jealous and a coward about facing my friends with so much hurt(tears) in my eyes. I haven't been to a shower in 4 years.

Try not to give up on her just yet. A pound is a scary, unknown environment for a dog and she probably feels absolutely all over the place. Many dogs act differently to when you first met them once they are in a new home and start to feel comfortable. As a pound dog, she could have any sort of history that has made her how she is.

As well as going to training classes I would actually invest in a canine behaviourist who can assess your dog properly. Training classes are just that - training, but a behaviourist (a good one) actually has the know-how to get into the mind of the dog and figure out why she's acting like she is and how to fix it. Consider it like a doggy psychologist.

Another thing, I wouldn't recommend leaving a new dog to have the run of the house while you're out. Even a 'normal' dog can get bored when left alone and an outlet for that may be being destructive. I would restrict her to a certain area of the house where she can't do much damage (ie, a laundry or bathroom) and also start crate training her. A crate trained dog is a wondrous thing and very easy to take or keep anywhere.

Here's some info on crate training: https://www.apdt.com/veterinary/assets/pdf/APDT_CrateTraining.pdf

Just remember, dogs are complex little creatures with their own feelings and emotions. They too can have mental issues because of negative things that have happened in their life, but can only tell you how they feel in their own language. It's just a matter of learning that language and becoming a pack leader that they can trust. :)

Fizzyfefe: like zoomlentil said, please don't give up on her so easily. Dogs are complex and have their own sets of emotions,fears and anxieties. Maybe bring your dog to a dog behaviorlist? Or just show some patience, she could be petrefied of humans at the moment and just traumatized in general.

Ladies, please believe me when I say that I am not giving up on her. I was just REALLY frustrated at the time and venting it out, because I have no one to talk to here. I know it takes time and patience, but believe me, if you came home to the mess I did, you would've been upset, too. It cost a pretty penny to fix what she destroyed.

We got her a crate, and I have been working with her on simple commands like sit, stay, shake, lay down, etc. She gets it sometimes, but, like the vet said, she has a puppy's brain in a dog's body, so I know it will take time. I'm not the type of person to give up on something so easily. She did very well over the weekend when we introduced her to my in-laws and their dog.

Dear Quebec, MC's are already a hell of a stressful time. Stop making so goddamn more stressful by making me go on a Goose chase to find an English gyno!!!So sick of Quebecers thinking they don't need to know English when they live in Canada!!!!!!

Dear Quebec, MC's are already a hell of a stressful time. Stop making so goddamn more stressful by making me go on a Goose chase to find an English gyno!!!So sick of Quebecers thinking they don't need to know English when they live in Canada!!!!!!

I think sometimes they also pretend not to know it. :winkwink:

To my friend who is happy to let me know how fertile she is KICK ROCKS!

TO my future kids dad the baby's not gonna get here if we don't try!

To the young teen girls that just pop up pregnant, I envy you!

I think sometimes they also pretend not to know it. :winkwink:

They do that's the worst part..They don't know how to speak English but yet are capable of keeping a conversation going but answering back in french. I'm the bilingual one but my DH is from Texas and doesn't know a word of french and he has every right to understand everything that is said and my mind is not in the mood to be a translator. I just had a MC Saturday, I'm supposed to be in mourning..not calling 10 different places that are out of town just so I can get an appointment to get some answers. Just so sick of the seperatists. They are whats killing Quebec and alienating us from Canada.

The dog broke out of her crate twice today AND ran out door once because she caught me off guard. The damn crate is metal. I don't know what the heck to do.

The dog broke out of her crate twice today AND ran out door once because she caught me off guard. The damn crate is metal. I don't know what the heck to do.

I really think you need to find a good dog behaviourist before these things get out of hand. It's challenging at the best of times with an easy dog. You might find it will be a lot easier to handle once you've talked to an expert who can explain what you need to do.

If I'm not in the 2WW I'm waiting to ovulate.

Just want my baby now.

I want to make my OH a daddy. He'd be perfect.

It's the only thing missing from our life now.

I really think you need to find a good dog behaviourist before these things get out of hand. It's challenging at the best of times with an easy dog. You might find it will be a lot easier to handle once you've talked to an expert who can explain what you need to do.

Fizzyfefe, I totally agree about getting the dog behaviorourist. Especially since once you get knocked up, you will have almost zero time to get these behaviors corrected. I hope you can get it sorted out soon!

Fizzyfefe, I totally agree about getting the dog behaviorourist. Especially since once you get knocked up, you will have almost zero time to get these behaviors corrected. I hope you can get it sorted out soon!

Knocked up :rofl: I hope so!

Yes, definitely sounds like a good idea, ladies. I obviously can't do this on my own. Thank you for all you advice.

On another note, I want to vent that my husband is kind of a slob! He doesn't pick up after himself and it's driving me nuuuuuts.

I hate when my sister always tries to put her kid off on some one else! Since the day my niece was born my sister has been needing a babysitter (which is always a family member) constantly and putting her daycare and then still needing a babysitter on the days shes supposed to be home with her! I know shes trying to finish her degree and working so its not like shes lazy but she just does EVERYTHING except watch her kid! and its not like shes a little quiet baby, my niece is 21 months but shes got a head start on her TERRIBLE TWOS!! omg shes always bouncing all over the place and NEVER listens! and shes really smart so i know she understands, she just doesnt want to behave!! And then my sister has the nervve to get mad when one of us says my niece is bad! shes like no shes not bad shes just a busy body, but we're like NO SHES BAD! and then she got mad at my mom for saying "Well maybe if you stayed home with her more you could work on her bahavior and she wouldnt misbehave all the time" my sister took it as an insult but its TRUE. My sister doesnt think her kid is misbehaved because shes not around her enough to experience it full force. Either that or she KNOWS shes bad and she works and goes to school to avoid her own kid. Yep thats it. Cuz she doesnt need a whole lot of money and she could take her classes online if she wanted to, but she chooses not to and keeps leaving her kid with everybody else. This only makes me angry because i would give anything to be a mom and i plan to be a stay at home mom for my kids 100% and here she is taking her child for granted and not even spending time with her. ugh!! selfish people make me mad!!!

Edit to Add: I couldnt even finish my post at first because right while i was typing my niece came up to me screaming her lungs out and throwing things at me demanding her sippy cup!! I'm keeping an eye on her right now while my sister is UPSTAIRS on skype with her boyfriend. this is the BS i'm talking about!!!

I hate when my sister always tries to put her kid off on some one else! Since the day my niece was born my sister has been needing a babysitter (which is always a family member) constantly and putting her daycare and then still needing a babysitter on the days shes supposed to be home with her! I know shes trying to finish her degree and working so its not like shes lazy but she just does EVERYTHING except watch her kid! and its not like shes a little quiet baby, my niece is 21 months but shes got a head start on her TERRIBLE TWOS!! omg shes always bouncing all over the place and NEVER listens! and shes really smart so i know she understands, she just doesnt want to behave!! And then my sister has the nervve to get mad when one of us says my niece is bad! shes like no shes not bad shes just a busy body, but we're like NO SHES BAD! and then she got mad at my mom for saying "Well maybe if you stayed home with her more you could work on her bahavior and she wouldnt misbehave all the time" my sister took it as an insult but its TRUE. My sister doesnt think her kid is misbehaved because shes not around her enough to experience it full force. Either that or she KNOWS shes bad and she works and goes to school to avoid her own kid. Yep thats it. Cuz she doesnt need a whole lot of money and she could take her classes online if she wanted to, but she chooses not to and keeps leaving her kid with everybody else. This only makes me angry because i would give anything to be a mom and i plan to be a stay at home mom for my kids 100% and here she is taking her child for granted and not even spending time with her. ugh!! selfish people make me mad!!!

Edit to Add: I couldnt even finish my post at first because right while i was typing my niece came up to me screaming her lungs out and throwing things at me demanding her sippy cup!! I'm keeping an eye on her right now while my sister is UPSTAIRS on skype with her boyfriend. this is the BS i'm talking about!!!

A child is never "bad". Sounds like typical toddler and preschooler behavior.

If you said that about my child, I'd be pissed too. Actually, I'd be more than pissed - I'd probably tell you that you weren't welcome around her anymore.

A child is never "bad". Sounds like typical toddler and preschooler behavior.

If you said that about my child, I'd be pissed too. Actually, I'd be more than pissed - I'd probably tell you that you weren't welcome around her anymore.

well as you can see midway through my post i started using the word "misbehaved." Because thats what i meant. Within my family we use the word bad because we're not the most Politically Correct people. But yea i meant misbehaved. And my sister doesnt get seriously mad when we say it, she only got mad when my mom said she should be home with her more. and my sister would never ban me from seeing her because like i said.. she always needs a babysitter, which is usually ME lol thus, my rant.

Hmmm for some reason I thought this was a VENT THREAD..... Not tell someone they're right or wrong for how they feel THREAD.

Hmmm for some reason I thought this was a VENT THREAD..... Not tell someone they're right or wrong for how they feel THREAD.

Nobody was telling anyone she was right or wrong, but as a mother, calling a small child "bad" just got me very upset.

Sorry.

I'll send you my two nephews and you'll rethink about children not being "bad/misbehaved".

I'll send you my two nephews and you'll rethink about children not being "bad/misbehaved".

Sorry, but I have an incredibly high needs child who has frequent meltdowns and temper tantrums. She destroys things, she lies, and she screams. It takes a village to parent her and it is a normal part of parenting to have to deal with some children who are very compliant and others who are not.

Toddlers really can't be "bad." It is just part of being a toddler.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"