VENT THREAD! Things you wish you could say but can't

Status
Not open for further replies.
Let's have a real moment here Gunhilde - you've reprimanded me on this board too. It's a vent board. Just let people vent. It's a safe place to not be judged. Please leave it at that.

You know what's really cool AlyCon - what goes around comes around and by that I mean when your niece is a teen, or even a pre-teen, your sister will pay for not teaching her how to act now, while she is little and easy to mold. Hope this helps get you through your days :)

Let's have a real moment here Gunhilde - you've reprimanded me on this board too. It's a vent board. Just let people vent. It's a safe place to not be judged. Please leave it at that.

You know what's really cool AlyCon - what goes around comes around and by that I mean when your niece is a teen, or even a pre-teen, your sister will pay for not teaching her how to act now, while she is little and easy to mold. Hope this helps get you through your days :)

Fine, I'll unsubscribe.

My sister tries, but my niece is somewhat out of control. And i dont mind helping, i just wish she didnt need my help so often.

yeah I know what you mean about the whole child has no boundries at home so why would she bother with listening to people outside of home? If mom doesn't care why should she listen to others? It all starts at home with the parents in my eyes, no matter how the kid acts it is a reflection on your parenting if it is a majority of the time. And in my eyes I think it is wrong to pawn off your kid to family under any circumstance period. It should be a last case sinario or it should be every once in a while.

Grandparents and aunts are ment to be that, and enjoy their grandchild and nephew and not be the substitute parents practically because you want to get your life going. It isn't YOUR job to raise what came out of her vagaga. and if it came at a bad time, sorry still her responsibility. It is her job. and she should be grateful and appreciative of when you take her but I've noticed a lot of society now a days thinks its all well and good and YOUR responsibility to be there to raise your family members child too. And people forget you don't HAVE to, it is a curtsy and kindness and just take that for granted and think its your obligation and it isn't. And god forbid you say so because then you don't "love your niece or nephew or grandchild."

Sorry but that is wrong and it is understandable that you get frustrated. Because she's putting a burden on you that is hers to bare, especially knowing how her child acts. It is HER job to monitor it and direct her away from that behavior, not yours. So I completely feel for you. Especially because there really isn't anything you can say about it without coming out like the bad guy even though she's in the wrong.

My sister tries, but my niece is somewhat out of control. And i dont mind helping, i just wish she didnt need my help so often.

Sorry for responding so strongly - it is just what your mother says is exactly what my mother says to me as part of her verbal abuse of me. It cut a little deep. Yes, I do have to go to school full time and yes I do have to skype with my future husband sometimes. I wish I had more time to spend with DD, but sometimes I don't, you know what I mean?

I'm so mad at my pharmacy and my dog that I could just spit! We had to transfer from Walgreens to CVS because of our new insurance. I ran out of Levothroid the day before yesterday, and took my bottle over so the prescription could be refilled. The pharmacist was very rude when he told me that it would take 24 hours for the prescription to be transferred from Walgreens. I said it wasn't a problem, and that I would be back the next day to get it.

Well, someone from CVS called me today looking for someone named "Marie," which is not my name, and left a message to return the call. So, I called back and told them that they had the name wrong, but were they still trying to reach me? The man said no, that it was the wrong number. I had a feeling that they were trying to reach me, but I just let it go.

I asked my husband to pick up my prescription on the way home from work, since I couldn't go today because I apparently can no longer leave my freaking dog alone (she broke out of ANOTHER, stronger crate and we don't have the money to replace it- that's $300 down the drain). When he got there, they told him they were out of the 150 mcg and could not supplement the generic brand for a few days until they could get the shipment in. So, obviously, they were trying to get a hold of me earlier, but had the wrong name!

We have called every pharmacy in town, and only one has the 150 mcg in stock. My husband has to drive an hour just to go get a few pills to last me until the new shipment arrives. What bothers me the most is that not only can they not give me the generic brand (long story- it has to do with different ingredients between the name brands and generic brands and it "apparently" will mess with my levels THAT MUCH) for a couple freaking days, but they also cannot give me two 75 mcg pills. WTF!! 75 + 75 = 150! It is not that hard! The tech said she would have to call my doctor (who lives in another state) to get permission to give me two 75 mcg pills instead of one 150 mcg, which is absurd! Doctors write scrips ALL THE TIME for 20 mg, and if the pharmacy only has 10 mg pills, then they tell the patient to take two! It's not difficult! They would rather me have no pills for a few days than give me one or two generic pills. And I am SO aggravated that I can't go take care of this myself because my freaking dog has the worst case of separation anxiety that I've ever seen.

ad;gkajn;aef;aasd;ji gionsd;ij;f (<--- head banging on keyboard)

Rant over.

Kassiaethne: omg its like you took the words right out of my mouth!! Me and my sister have had that fight before where i've said NO to babysitting and she acted like i said i hated my niece and never wanted to see her again (and shes had the same fight with my mom and our other sister!). Its like she thinks that just because im not busy that i should automatically say yes to babysitting, but thats not true. If i want to have a quiet evening to myself to just sit and watch tv and scratch my ass- NOT taking care of some one elses child- then i should be able to do so, without being made to feel guilty about it!! And thats what really bothers me the most is that not only is she taking her child for granted but shes not even grateful to us for watching her cuz she feels entitled to it. and like you said, if you have leave your child with others at least make sure theyre well behaved!!!!

Gunnhilde: Its okay, every one has the right to their opinion, and like i said my family has our own little language so people often look at us like we're rude or crazy when we're really not trying to be lol And i'm sorry about your mom. I read that you said your child has a higher level of needs, and thats not something you can control. If anything your mom should be even more of a support for you and not use that against you. I hope that gets better for you :hugs:

I'm so mad at my pharmacy and my dog that I could just spit! We had to transfer from Walgreens to CVS because of our new insurance. I ran out of Levothroid the day before yesterday, and took my bottle over so the prescription could be refilled. The pharmacist was very rude when he told me that it would take 24 hours for the prescription to be transferred from Walgreens. I said it wasn't a problem, and that I would be back the next day to get it.

Well, someone from CVS called me today looking for someone named "Marie," which is not my name, and left a message to return the call. So, I called back and told them that they had the name wrong, but were they still trying to reach me? The man said no, that it was the wrong number. I had a feeling that they were trying to reach me, but I just let it go.

I asked my husband to pick up my prescription on the way home from work, since I couldn't go today because I apparently can no longer leave my freaking dog alone (she broke out of ANOTHER, stronger crate and we don't have the money to replace it- that's $300 down the drain). When he got there, they told him they were out of the 150 mcg and could not supplement the generic brand for a few days until they could get the shipment in. So, obviously, they were trying to get a hold of me earlier, but had the wrong name!

We have called every pharmacy in town, and only one has the 150 mcg in stock. My husband has to drive an hour just to go get a few pills to last me until the new shipment arrives. What bothers me the most is that not only can they not give me the generic brand (long story- it has to do with different ingredients between the name brands and generic brands and it "apparently" will mess with my levels THAT MUCH) for a couple freaking days, but they also cannot give me two 75 mcg pills. WTF!! 75 + 75 = 150! It is not that hard! The tech said she would have to call my doctor (who lives in another state) to get permission to give me two 75 mcg pills instead of one 150 mcg, which is absurd! Doctors write scrips ALL THE TIME for 20 mg, and if the pharmacy only has 10 mg pills, then they tell the patient to take two! It's not difficult! They would rather me have no pills for a few days than give me one or two generic pills. And I am SO aggravated that I can't go take care of this myself because my freaking dog has the worst case of separation anxiety that I've ever seen.

ad;gkajn;aef;aasd;ji gionsd;ij;f (<--- head banging on keyboard)

Rant over.

Have you tried giving your dog the anxiety pills they sell at Petsmart? I think they sell them at Walmart also ... they did wonders for my insane full-size dachshund that literally ate through metal crates like it was a candy bar. Also, maybe try brewing up a batch of camomile tea then chill it and have her drink it ... that will calm as well.

Just a few ideas :) I have dealt with crazy dogs also and it will test your patience and make you want to cry, but you'll find something that works :)

....and if all else fails, try a benadryl - I had to give it to my puppy for a snake bite, and that stuff knocked his butt out cold. And he's a 9lb miniature dachshund who, I swear, snorts coke when I can't see because he is the most high-strung psycho dog I've ever had - he's been like that since he was 4 weeks old. lol

Edit:

Here's the link to a couple:

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Pro-Pet-Anti-Stress-Calming-Tabs-Supplement-60-ct/13281261

https://www.petco.com/N_22_4294956712/Dog-Calming-Aids.aspx

Have you tried giving your dog the anxiety pills they sell at Petsmart? I think they sell them at Walmart also ... they did wonders for my insane full-size dachshund that literally ate through metal crates like it was a candy bar. Also, maybe try brewing up a batch of camomile tea then chill it and have her drink it ... that will calm as well.

Just a few ideas :) I have dealt with crazy dogs also and it will test your patience and make you want to cry, but you'll find something that works :)

....and if all else fails, try a benadryl - I had to give it to my puppy for a snake bite, and that stuff knocked his butt out cold. And he's a 9lb miniature dachshund who, I swear, snorts coke when I can't see because he is the most high-strung psycho dog I've ever had - he's been like that since he was 4 weeks old. lol

Edit:

Here's the link to a couple:

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Pro-Pet-Anti-Stress-Calming-Tabs-Supplement-60-ct/13281261

https://www.petco.com/N_22_4294956712/Dog-Calming-Aids.aspx

She is the same! Eats metal and plastic and her brand new orthopedic bed like it's the most delicious meal on the planet. My hubby suggested medicating her, but I haven't actually done it yet. I thought he was just joking about the Benadryl, but now that you mention it, I think we will actually go ahead and do it. She is controlling our lives because we can't ever leave her alone. Thank you so much for your suggestions. :D

I really thought that this month was my month, I was soooo sure of it. I mean I was developing a close relationship with the toilet and my boobs are killing me and on a serious 'you can look but don't touch'status. I was even two days late, I got my hopes up and started to get excited then without any cramps or pain or warning on came the period. It wasn't even heavy at all and only lasted two days. I'm so hurt and frustrated by this I just want to cry my eyes out. My doctor tells me that things 'look' okay and she can't tell me what's wrong, she also refuses to help me with any infertility treatments. I'm getting more and more discouraged and I feel like its hurting my relationship, I just don't know what else to do anymore. :-( Hurtin

Beginning to think getting a dog was a mistake... She was good for the first two days, but now she is becoming a terror. She tore up the apartment yesterday when we left her alone. Just now, I took her outside to go to the bathroom, and two people stopped to talk to me. She got really aggressive and started growling. Mind you, I have barely ANY human contact, and I was really excited that these guys actually wanted to talk to me. But noooo, the dog freaking acted like they were the spawn of Satan! They weren't doing ANYTHING to freak her out. One guy asked if she was going to hurt them, and I responded "Probably not, but we just got her from the pound on Sunday so we're still learning about her," and his response was, "Oh, never mind..." And then they walked away.

I needed a companion, but she is NOTHING like how she was when we first got her. She was so sweet and lovable and now she is the complete opposite. I don't want to give up on her, but I can't have a dog that is anti-social and growls at everything and can't be left alone. I'm so upset about this. :(

Ok I know you've vented since this about your dog.. :hugs: What kind of dog is she? .. Since she's a rescue I know that may be hard to answer, but what I mean is, is she going to be a bigger dog? small size, medium?

I had a dog that did a lot of what your'e talking about.. She loved being in her crate as long as we were home. It got to the point where I'd let her have free roam when I left the house and gave her treats and she was fine. This was after going through many a crate with her. There was even the day I finally bought a bunch of padlocks that I attached to the hinges on a metal crate and put the crate so it was facing a wall. .. Until she figured out how to rip the door off of it by throwing all 85lbs of her weight at it. :doh:

She also would growl at people when I walked her.. but was fine with DH. We finally discovered that she calmed down after a while with me but in the beginning the growling made me nervous and she picked up on this energy which made it worse. We also think she was trying to "protect" me. It took a lot of patience but eventually we got her out of the habit.. lots of treats were brought with me on walks to help this along.. I did have a muzzle on her in the beginning though some times I walked her if I knew there would be a lot of people around so that I felt better mentally and less nervous about her acting agressive. Near the end, I didn't have to use it at all..

Just wanted to share this and let you know it should get better with time. :hugs: Some dogs just have a harder time adjusting..
As everyone else has said.. a behaviourist is an excellent idea in this situation.
I hope it gets better for you. :thumbup:

Kassiaethne: omg its like you took the words right out of my mouth!! Me and my sister have had that fight before where i've said NO to babysitting and she acted like i said i hated my niece and never wanted to see her again (and shes had the same fight with my mom and our other sister!). Its like she thinks that just because im not busy that i should automatically say yes to babysitting, but thats not true. If i want to have a quiet evening to myself to just sit and watch tv and scratch my ass- NOT taking care of some one elses child- then i should be able to do so, without being made to feel guilty about it!! And thats what really bothers me the most is that not only is she taking her child for granted but shes not even grateful to us for watching her cuz she feels entitled to it. and like you said, if you have leave your child with others at least make sure theyre well behaved!!!!

one thing you could try is next time she drops her off to be babysat, wait till shes going to leave and just say strait out "I am tired of you taking my love for my niece for granted and assuming just because I have no kids of my own and aren't busy all the time means I'm suppose to be up for babysitting anytime. I love her and care for her but you taking advantage of that and not even saying thank you or acting grateful for me helping you out when you need it is grating on me. AND I could use a little appreciation for my taking time out of my life to mother your child instead of you mothering her yourself, I'm her aunt not her surrogate mother you know, so you're welcome" and let her go, granted it will probably start another fight but maybe it will open her eyes that this isn't an obligation but helping her.

or you could say it in a non pissed off way of "hey I don't appreciate you taking advantage of my love of my niece and always leaving me to babysit her without so much as a thank you in appreciation for helping you out. I'm not saying I don't love having her around and shes my niece and I love her but it is how you act about just leaving her without showing the least bit of appreciation for my own sacrifices of time and such, only that you need it done is hurtful. She is my niece not my daughter and I sometimes wish you'd let her be my niece instead of making it feel like I'm her mother and you're the aunt. " betcha that will make her think about it more. No one wants to be seen as not the mother of their own child. Makes them reevaluate things and wonder if that is how their child is starting to see you too.

I remember when I was babysitting someones child a lot and the child called me mom in front of the mother (first time slip and of COURSE it had to be in FRONT of the mom) and the mom had this mortified look on her face like omg I'm the worst mom in the world if my own daughter doesn't see me as mom. (lol and the woman was a great mom, home schooled both her kids it was just a accidental slip from the baby and never happened again) I had to sit there and be all "No I'm not mom" points at the mom "THAT is mom I am catherine..Ca...th...er...in..." LOL needless to say she didn't have me babysit for a while (can't blame her she felt her world was rocked and wanted to smother her baby with her time. but eventually lol she needed to go out with her husband again and her son refused any other babysitter but me and we all moved on)

Just anything to shake her out of the you're doing it cuz you're her aunt and of course you should want to watch her 24/7. Who knows it may not do anything at all, but at least you'll have put it out there and hope that a seed of appreciation might bloom from her subconscious and you might get a thank you every once in a while

VENT NUMBER 1-

TO THE PEOPLE THAT LIVE IN MY NEIGHBOURHOOD:
I love that many of you own dogs as I am a dog person myself. However, there are leash laws for a reason! Not to mention that we are in a new community that still has houses being built!! Having your dog running around without a leash when you're not supervising them is a very stupid idea. .. The contractors that go through our neighbourhood don't always obey the speed limit and I always cringe because I'm worried that someone's dog is going to get run over. .. Did I mention that the field where they're going to be building the school has had coyote tracks in it that I found one day? We're still a ways out of the city and closer to wilderness.. so it's not beyond the realm of possibility that coyotes still come by at night.. we can hear them howling loud and clear at night!

Vent 2 -Lady that decided to let her dog roam 20 feet away from her house. Your dog was in the middle of the freaking road, which is why I pulled over as I thought he was lost. When he ran back to your house and I told you, I wasn't trying to be rude.. I was just concerned and then happy that the dog wasn't truly lost.. However, weren't you concerned that he was going so far down the sidewalk? He wasn't even in eyeshot of your house anymore! We're right next to a busy highway frequented by transport trucks. :doh: You seemed more annoyed that I came up and bothered you about your dog. .. Also why was he limping? If he was mine and limping like that, I wouldn't be letting him out of my sight, nor would I let him be sniffing around construction sites..

Vent 3- People that like to have your little dogs run around unsupervised without a leash. Especially the parents that let their small kids take their dog out on walks unattended and without a leash. .. I think it's great your dog has excellent recall, is friendly and comes when called. But some of your dogs aren't very bright. .. My male dog is very uneasy around little dogs as he doesn't realize he can't play with them like he does big dogs. Also, if your dog comes running up to me, mine sometimes thinks your dog is going after me and feels the need to protect me. .. This is why I tend to cross the street if you come walking by me.. I'm not willing to risk an unpleasant encounter. Especially if a child is walking the dog and they don't get that mine needs a bit of time to warm up to their dog.. If your dog isn't on a leash though and comes running at us, or follows me when I am doing my best to keep my male dog from noticing.. we have a bit of a problem. I have had some of your dogs "follow" me when not on their leash .. One of you has already complained to me about my "vicious" dog when you're the idiot that decided to let your dog run out of the house without a leash. I was on the other side of the road and when your dog came near me barking and yapping, got my very upset dog away and had him sit down and wait until he was calm. Your dog not realizing he was upsetting mine, then tried to follow me barking and growling like crazy, only upsetting my dog more.. and yet you were mad at me? Had your dog been on a leash or had you bothered calling your dog back, my dog wouldn't have had the opportunity to try and snap at yours after your dog came at him growling and barking!! Last time I checked, I was the one trying to be the responsible pet owner here.. :growlmad:

vent to my OH - when your getting up for work set your own alarm so its not me putting it on snooze every 10mins while you sleep through it, when i put the alarm to your ear so you can hear it to don't look at me and say 'what' cause i want to hit you, and don't fart in the bed especially when they smell eggy i will be sick. when you actually get out of bed understand i don't need to get up yet, and stop talking to the cats like they are babies! i can hear you and you are annoying me, when you get to work i don't want to know you have the 'shits' when i'm still sleeping honestly grow up :)!

ahhh rant over

ARGH DP's work have changed her holiday dates!!! We might not be able to go to NYC :-(
She originally booked her holiday for 10th - 24th september when she started the job, but when she got the slip back for the holiday they had approved not those dates, but the 1st to 14th September. She asked them three times to change it, but they didn't, so in the end she told them not to worry, and she will book a holiday around the new dates.

Having booked NYC and had it booked for a few months, TODAY they tell her they've changed it back to the original dates. They do not match the dates I have off work. The reason they have changed it back is that her new dates cover most of the paralympics.

She's spoke to her manager who wanted to see the booking, so she showed it to her and she still refused to change the holiday. I've just phoned and spoken to ACAS ad they said they need to gove her notice that is twice the length of the holiday if they wish to change or cancel it, which they have not done. they haven't given her anything in writing to say the holiday has been changed and hadn't told her until today, despite the manager saying it was changed in April. I've sent her back in to her manager with the written confirmation of dates that she was given.

We've been trying for a little over a year now and yes I'm only 22 close to 23 but my soon to be hubby is 27 and we are ready for number 2. I work for the state of florida and he drives for pepsi we make decent money to support. We have our own means of transportation, our own house and we obivously have been able to afford our first :) I've got baby fever something fierce.

my cousin- just had a baby and she's absolutely adorable.
one of my friends from school- is prego just found out it's a girl
3 people i work with- prego and showing
my mother- think about it before you guys decide to have number 2 it's all in your head
my best friend - are you stupid

we aren't stupid, everybody's getting pregnant it seems except me and no it's not all in my head it's something we are ready for landen is already almost 2 and potty trained

We've been trying for a little over a year now and yes I'm only 22 close to 23 but my soon to be hubby is 27 and we are ready for number 2. I work for the state of florida and he drives for pepsi we make decent money to support. We have our own means of transportation, our own house and we obivously have been able to afford our first :) I've got baby fever something fierce.

my cousin- just had a baby and she's absolutely adorable.
one of my friends from school- is prego just found out it's a girl
3 people i work with- prego and showing
my mother- think about it before you guys decide to have number 2 it's all in your head
my best friend - are you stupid

we aren't stupid, everybody's getting pregnant it seems except me and no it's not all in my head it's something we are ready for landen is already almost 2 and potty trained

Hahaha Try being 30 (31 next month) TTC first child without success and having your younger brother, cousins, friends getting pregnant all around you. Some are even just oops babies. Believe me I understand the baby fever.

Hahaha Try being 30 (31 next month) TTC first child without success and having your younger brother, cousins, friends getting pregnant all around you. Some are even just oops babies. Believe me I understand the baby fever.

31.5yo, second time ttc #1 (once with XH, now with BF), and both times your sister and best friend both get pregnant.

31.5yo, second time ttc #1 (once with XH, now with BF), and both times your sister and best friend both get pregnant.

ps. sorry, not comparing, just adding in the sympathies....

I've had the fever for six months so badly that I can't enjoy the zoo or shopping anymore. Too many babies! I forget to even look at clothes. I just want too buy maternity gear. Hubs and I are both 30, well off and dying to ttc #1.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"