VENT THREAD! Things you wish you could say but can't

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm 27....and i'm sick and tired of people telling me how YOUNG I am and how much TIME I have to have children.....DH is 39...and doesn't want to TTC once he hits 40. Our clock is ticking!!!!

Found out today that OH had mumps as a toddler. Wondering if that will factor into our trying. He didn't know the English word for it until I looked up the terms in Ukrainian... FML

Found out today that OH had mumps as a toddler. Wondering if that will factor into our trying. He didn't know the English word for it until I looked up the terms in Ukrainian... FML

Mumps will hinder fertility?? I had never heard of that! I will have to google that and try to read up on it!

Mumps will hinder fertility?? I had never heard of that! I will have to google that and try to read up on it!

I just looked it up briefly and it mentions a chance of fertility issues for teenage and adult men, rather than babies/toddlers. It also stated that the chance of infertility was quite low but for peace of mind probably a good thing to check out.

I'm expecting AF tomorrow, and I guess it's the PMS, but I just feel completely sad, hopeless, and tired. I have been actively conceiving for six months, but it's felt like a liftetime. I have been doing everything I possibly can do to get pregnant, and it's not enough. I ovulate regularly, my LP is long, temps are high, but still nothing is happening.

I see women who can get pregnant so easily, and these days I really hate them. Some not only can get pregnant easiy, but get the gender that they want, the exact type of birth that they want, no troubles with bf. And then they can sit back and lecture the rest of us about what we're doing wrong, about how ungrateful we are, etc.

I am so thankful for my dd, but I had to struggle to conceive her as well. Some people don't have to go through this and it's just not fair. I spent the whole morning crying and wondering what I did that was so bad that I deserve to go through this month after month.

I am just tired tired tired.

And my coworker better leave me alone today because I am not in the mood for him to try to dump some of his work on me right before I try to take a couple of days off. I am in a mood where I could easily bite someone's head off.

I am tired of chicks posting their pregnancy on FB when they are barely pregnant. I never even did that when I thought my pregnancy would go smooth and I lost it at 12 weeks. Their posts don't make me sad, just completely stressed out for them.

Women who post about how they're trying everything to get pregnant, to turn around and exclaim they're pregnant - and then say this was their first month TTC. REALLY?!?!?! I think it is a slap in the face for all these women "trying to conceive" posting about their "struggles" and they haven't ever dealt with this before. I really don't think you're "trying to conceive" when you're less than a month - after 3 months or so, then you can start being like the rest of us and worrying about why it isn't working. But sorry I DONT FEEL BAD FOR YOU THAT IT TOOK YOU 2 WEEKS TO GET PREGNANT.

Maybe I'm just extra cranky because AF has decided to stay gone for so long and this is just putting me back at square one for trying, but seriously - I was with my exhusband for 3.5 years and never got pregnant, and now my new husband and I have been NPNT for a year, and actively trying for over 6 months now.

Blah - maybe I just need to go to bed. But either way. That really grinds my gears.

*EDIT: My hubby said I am just being pissy. He said, "Baby, everyone who wants a baby is trying to conceive - you never have a baby unless you start trying and just like you, people need a place to go to ask questions!"

.... so sorry ladies, I am just being pissy. :( I'm going to go to bed now and stop being a B :)

I am tired of chicks posting their pregnancy on FB when they are barely pregnant. I never even did that when I thought my pregnancy would go smooth and I lost it at 12 weeks. Their posts don't make me sad, just completely stressed out for them.

Funny you say that, one of my close girlfriends posted her pregnancy 12 week scan on FB the other day. although she told me at 6 weeks, it's getting to the stage now where I'm actually sick of hearing about it and seeing it, even though im excited for her, it's getting really annoying.

She knows how hard it will be for me so why must people gloat about how easy it is???

The main thing that bothers me is these girls both teenagers and in their 20's that went to my high school, they all sleep around with the same people and pass along HPV then they're on Facebook talking about how they have PCOS, then a few months later they're on Facebook talking about how they got pregnant without even trying. PCOS is not a joke and neither is HPV but you got a sexually transmitted disease by your own actions, if you know it's not true then why go online and try to justify what you have?? Own up to it or don't say anything, women with PCOS struggle to conceive everyday.

I also had a friend from high school who later served in my wedding which was one month after hers, who posted on FB that they were expecting. It would have been hard on me either way, but a call or even text would have been nice instead of having to read it on there.

Women who post about how they're trying everything to get pregnant, to turn around and exclaim they're pregnant - and then say this was their first month TTC. REALLY?!?!?! I think it is a slap in the face for all these women "trying to conceive" posting about their "struggles" and they haven't ever dealt with this before. I really don't think you're "trying to conceive" when you're less than a month - after 3 months or so, then you can start being like the rest of us and worrying about why it isn't working. But sorry I DONT FEEL BAD FOR YOU THAT IT TOOK YOU 2 WEEKS TO GET PREGNANT.

Maybe I'm just extra cranky because AF has decided to stay gone for so long and this is just putting me back at square one for trying, but seriously - I was with my exhusband for 3.5 years and never got pregnant, and now my new husband and I have been NPNT for a year, and actively trying for over 6 months now.

Blah - maybe I just need to go to bed. But either way. That really grinds my gears.

*EDIT: My hubby said I am just being pissy. He said, "Baby, everyone who wants a baby is trying to conceive - you never have a baby unless you start trying and just like you, people need a place to go to ask questions!"

.... so sorry ladies, I am just being pissy. :( I'm going to go to bed now and stop being a B :)

LOL. I'm with you. How can anyone legitimately complain about how hard TTC is when they've never even had to experience one BFN??? Your hubby is being very literal like a typical guy.

Women who post about how they're trying everything to get pregnant, to turn around and exclaim they're pregnant - and then say this was their first month TTC. REALLY?!?!?! I think it is a slap in the face ...... But sorry I DONT FEEL BAD FOR YOU THAT IT TOOK YOU 2 WEEKS TO GET PREGNANT.

I feel the same way. We are in cycle 8 and I am from a super fertile family so I feel like a dud and its not even a year!

I know we haven't tried as long as most but you are right, if they haven't seen a single bfn its just not the same. And its not like they ask questions...they just boast about what they did to make it happen.

Grrrrrr this is my vent too now.

To my family. Quite asking me if I'm pregnant yet. I will tell you when it happens and when I want to.

Wish I could update my FB status to say: You (you know who you are) DO NOT deserve to have a baby. In fact, you didn't deserve to get married after cheating on your (at the time) boyfriend. I still can't believe he took you back. You are selfish, self-centered, and a total ***** to him. And to all the rest of you on FB who must constantly post 5000 pictures of your baby bump, please use your damn settings to block me from seeing the pics. You know how hurtful it is that you don't. And seriously? You want me to "not take it too hard if turn out to be one of those people who just can't have kids"??? Go screw yourself! <---That quote was said to me by a friend who gave birth 2 weeks ago while I was holding her baby yesterday. WTF!?!?

Wish I could update my FB status to say: You (you know who you are) DO NOT deserve to have a baby. In fact, you didn't deserve to get married after cheating on your (at the time) boyfriend. I still can't believe he took you back. You are selfish, self-centered, and a total ***** to him. And to all the rest of you on FB who must constantly post 5000 pictures of your baby bump, please use your damn settings to block me from seeing the pics. You know how hurtful it is that you don't. And seriously? You want me to "not take it too hard if turn out to be one of those people who just can't have kids"??? Go screw yourself! <---That quote was said to me by a friend who gave birth 2 weeks ago while I was holding her baby yesterday. WTF!?!?

My husband's SIL pulls the same stuff :/ she is always running around on my BIL and to keep herself occupied from their unhappy marriage she just keeps having kids. And she says "Oh I hurt so bad for ya'll and here I am getting pregnant not even trying." UGHH

My family: STFU. I'm 28 and happily married for almost a year. We lived together for 2 1/2 years. I can get pregnant if I damn well please.

Facebook people: thank your lucky stars that I can block your posts. I don't need to know every detail of your pregnancy or see the 184,735,867th photo of your precious little angel. Stop it.

:finger::finger::finger:

Wish I could update my FB status to say: You (you know who you are) DO NOT deserve to have a baby. In fact, you didn't deserve to get married after cheating on your (at the time) boyfriend. I still can't believe he took you back. You are selfish, self-centered, and a total ***** to him. And to all the rest of you on FB who must constantly post 5000 pictures of your baby bump, please use your damn settings to block me from seeing the pics. You know how hurtful it is that you don't. And seriously? You want me to "not take it too hard if turn out to be one of those people who just can't have kids"??? Go screw yourself! <---That quote was said to me by a friend who gave birth 2 weeks ago while I was holding her baby yesterday. WTF!?!?[/QUOTE]

Someone actually said that to you??? Wow. It's hard enough having to deal with our own personal despair without having to deal with insensitve comments like that. It's so hard to understand how people can be so cruel and unfeeling.

Thank goodness i found this tread...

Here goes..

Dear Body... JUST WORK NORMALLY!!!!!!!!! i mean fukin honestly.. this is what you are made to do.. so just do it already!!!!
i am so sick of tryin and tryin and poppin one pill after the next.. cough mixture for this asprin for that.. clomid that makes me ill and not to mention the fkin AWESOME two week wait!!!!!!!! then after the first round of "super clomid" my cycles are comleteley fkin different down to 26 days???? i mean WTF???

DP... i love you so very much.. but you can be such a ass!!!!!! AND WHY CANT YOU FIND A JOB THAT KEEPS YOU AT HOME MORE THAN ONE FCKIN WEEK EVERY 3 MONTHS!!!!!!!!! how are we suppose to do this WHEN YOU ARE NOT HERE!!!!!! AAAAAAAAGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!

and now.. friends and work mates... STOP ASKING ME "WHY ARE YOU SO GRUMPY" get FCKED!!!!!! leave me alone! let me be sad.. let me be unhappy.. let me be lonely and let me get though this...

im so tired of crying alone.. im so tired of going though this by myself.. im so tired of Peeing on a stick and it slapping me in the face with a BFN..

Have just found this thread (great idea Laura) and I'm pretty sure it will become a favourite.

Hubby, seriously I know TTC is quite stressful and it can't be nice having to perform on demand as it were, but seriously?? It's the one thing you need to contribute to this!!! If I say I'm due to ovulate any moment that means we should be dtd EVERY day!! You don't have to temp and chart and test and google and look out for signs but not symptom spot and stress and worry and buy all the aids and look into other aids/methods to help. No all you need to do is actually want to have sex with your wife, is that really too much to ask????

I love my husband dearly but sometimes I just want to shake him and make him realise how much more stressful this is on me! Men are so oblivious, and this mostly refers to me expecting to O yesterday and us not BDing!

Oh I have another rant to go on....

An old school friend of mine that I haven't seen for ages, but we used to be very close does have a tendency to post pointless statuses, rant and say things that would be better off said directly to the person they are aimed at rather than shared with the whole world on fb!

A couple of months ago she announced to the whole world (well fb) that her and her DF are 'officially trying for a baby'. I swear if I lived near her I'd have shaken her and yelled 'do you realise how much added pressure you've just put on yourself?!'

Then two days later she's posting about her caffiene buzz and too much coffee :dohh:
Thankfully another friend of hers who has a baby informed her that caffiene is bad for TTC.
I sent her a pm and told her we were also TTC. She told me she thought having a second child would be great for us?!
Excuse me???? I was trying to be supportive and helpful (sharing tips etc) but instead I get a snarky comment, and I could feel the snark coming off the message! It felt like she was just being polite but obviously thinks itd be unfair for me to have two kids when she hasn't had one yet. Never mind that she's only been with her bloke for just over a year, whereas I've been married for nearly six years!

I'm sorry to be one of those girls but I fell pregnant with DD by accident, definitely no trying, as I was only 17 at the time. We weren't in a serious relationship at the time so I did most of it by myself. Hubby and I have been properly together and living together for seven years and have never prevented pregnancy since then. Well it didn't 'just happen' again in all that time and now we are trying just as desperately as she is!! In fact maybe more so considering the effort I've been putting in which obviously she hasn't if she's hyped up on too much caffiene and still smoking and drinking!

And breathe! Lol. Sorry for the length of that rant, but.....
Wow, feels good to get that off my chest!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"