VENT THREAD! Things you wish you could say but can't

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok seriously?! Old friend I vented about previously who announced to the whole world that she was TTC, has now posted a stays on fb declaring how long the wait until the end of the month seems when you're waiting to take a pregnancy test!!

Omg does she not realise how crappy negative tests make you feel, let alone if you had to share it with everybody you've ever known!!! Grrrr.

Ok seriously?! Old friend I vented about previously who announced to the whole world that she was TTC, has now posted a stays on fb declaring how long the wait until the end of the month seems when you're waiting to take a pregnancy test!!

Omg does she not realise how crappy negative tests make you feel, let alone if you had to share it with everybody you've ever known!!! Grrrr.

Oh my. I actually am praying this girl gets a bfp, just to save her poor ego. :dohh: I mean, now that everyone knows... ??? Didn't her mother ever tell her that it's truly best just not to tell everyone??? I could see this just being so bad for her. So dumb, yet so sad!!

Awww :hugs: pinksprinkles!
If I were you I would put a complaint in about that nurse, how very unprofessional to speak about a patient in that way, especially when said patient is in ear shot!!

Also keep making a fuss until they fix your ankle!!

I've been fussing about my ankle for over a year now. They really won't do anything until I get back down to 145 (the cut off for normal bmi at my height). It sucks because my favorite exercises (jogging, parkour, figure skating) all put too much strain on my ankles to do. I really miss running!!!

Aww, proper catch22 you're in hun. You can't shift the weight with a busted ankle and they won't fix your ankle til you lose the weight:dohh: how do they suggest you shift it then?

Aww, proper catch22 you're in hun. You can't shift the weight with a busted ankle and they won't fix your ankle til you lose the weight:dohh: how do they suggest you shift it then?

They pretty much told me I should crash diet and I told them thank you but no thank you. I'm not going to do more unhealthy things to my body. It seems that every "quick fix" just makes things worse.At one point one of the doctors actually told me he thought I could get away with eating 800 calories a day. (Yeah, like I would actually be able to think/work/study with that little food in my system. Apparently he doesn't understand that human beings actually do need a certain amount of sustenance to survive.)

So I gave up on getting any real advice from doctors and am doing what feels right for me. At this point I am eating a 400-600 calorie a day deficit (so around 1500-1700 calories a day) and that's losing me 4-5 lbs a month. Every 5 pounds I lose I recalculate how many calories my body should be burning in a completely sedentary lifestyle. It will take me another 83 weeks of dieting to get back to my old weight, but I'd rather not put my body through the 6 months of starving that they recommended.

I tell you though: It is absolutely insane how few calories I get to eat. As a smoker I just naturally burned an extra 400-ish calories a day, and with jogging or parkour every night I could pretty much eat whatever I wanted. Now I'm 83 lbs heavier and I'm having to eat less than I ever did before! It's really weird.

Oh my. I actually am praying this girl gets a bfp, just to save her poor ego. :dohh: I mean, now that everyone knows... ??? Didn't her mother ever tell her that it's truly best just not to tell everyone??? I could see this just being so bad for her. So dumb, yet so sad!!

Yeah, common sense was never really her strong suit.
Personally though I think it would be better to deal with the upset/humiliation of a public bfn than announce a pregnancy at 2-3weeks when any number of things can go wrong and then have to deal with THAT publically.

Just one of many examples though if peeps that 'overshare' on fb.

Yeah, common sense was never really her strong suit.
Personally though I think it would be better to deal with the upset/humiliation of a public bfn than announce a pregnancy at 2-3weeks when any number of things can go wrong and then have to deal with THAT publically.

Just one of many examples though if peeps that 'overshare' on fb.

Soooo true. I wonder if she gets a BFN this cycle if she'll just keep posting about TTC or if she'll shut the h up.

Is this seriously a place to post even the most bitchy things? Because I've got some to say!!!

:blush:

Then my vent is that sometimes, as I read this forum, I can't help but think that people who can't write or spell above a 4th grade level should reconsider parenting. I'm such a snob, but seriously!!!!

Okay, back under my rock now. I feel better having said that once.

:blush:

i got something to vent as well i hope its the right place i hate two face ppl like seriouslyl my new sis in law is one of them in front of your face she is all sweet but she is seriously argh too much! SHE LIES ALOT! her sister had a miscarriage a few months ago and now she is five months prego and she didnt even tell me! what was i gonna tell the whole world that her sis is prego or she was afraid im gonna tell my parents why would they say anything bad about her sis and her baby! they would just be happy it really pisses me of you know! i feel jelous in way as well as i want a baby so bad! but i am really happy for my sis in law's sis that she is prego

You ladies have made me realize something..I should really watch what I say on fb about my pregnancy and always talking about it because there could be someone in my thousands of friends who is feeling the same way you ladies and is probably ttc and here I am bragging on and on. I thank you ladies

I am mad at my body for not cooperating. I'm sick of not fitting into the "norm" that I was told to expect after I had my miracle baby (16 months PP and 4 months since I weaned and still no Post Baby AF)! Sick of people thinking my struggles are over because I managed to get pregnant and have a healthy son (after 7 years NTNP!) so "my body must know what to do"!

Meanwhile I've gained so much weight with the preg/nursing and since that I think it's the reason I'm not ovulating! I just turned 29 and I DO feel my clock is ticking!

I get depressed to think that my son will be an only child. I've always wanted two kids, maybe three if God sees fit. What "test" am I going through to have this happen? Am I being punished? Why does my SIL, who's a horrible witch, btw, get to have NO troubles, be a year younger than me and have 4 kids already (and just tells me she had an early MC while her daughter is not yet five months old- and I feel horrible for having some satisfaction in her MC- I KNOW, I'M HORRIBLE- because that means I know that at least she's had a FRACTION of the struggles I've had on my journey to becoming a mother.

Side rant:
Speaking of, why is it that in TTC that the more time you have under your belt suddenly the more DESERVING of a BFP you become? Why should we begrudge these "fertile myrtles" their babies? Because they didn't have to try hard for it? They still TTC, they just got lucky and it happened quick! We shouldn't make these ladies FEEL GUILTY for being blessed with a miracle!!! It's like they get Survivor's Guilt, because they know how gutted it will make us feel when we find out about their success!

We're putting ourselves in an impossible situation- damned if you do, damned if you don't (get pregnant)

I hate that I don't know what's going on in my body- why aren't you having a period? Do I need to jumpstart you with Provera? Will that confuse you even more? How do I know what the right thing to do is? Why do *I* have to have PCOS, why? why?

WHY?

Argh, same stupid friend on fb - the one who overshares - after announcing early yesterday that she is waiting to take a hpt at the end of the month, then posted last night that she was "out on the piss" and judging by the later statuses about how lucky she was and how much she loves her family she really did have a lot to drink!

Seriously dude, wtf???!!!

Hunni12 and GabesMommy, I don't know about you guys, but I don't think most women that are TTC just get mad or feel that the women around them who get pregnant aren't deserving of being pregnant, I know I sure don't. When my best friend from high school (who I'm not that close with now, as we don't live in the same state) found out that she was pregnant I was happy for her, honestly. I know that even though she may not have been trying and it just happened for her, she would not take having a child for granted. THAT is what upsets me about many of the women around me that can pop out babies left and right, they take things such as creating a human being for granted. How is that possible? Even if I hadn't had such a long road in TTC and it just happened from the get go I would still cherish and appreciate everything about getting pregnant. With my DD (who is almost 6) I was having irregular periods and she surprisingly happened after a year or so of NTNP, and I never thought I could have children..but the second I found out I was pregnant I quit smoking, didn't drink, and loved every single minute of pregnancy. THAT is what it should be about, not you endangering your child's life because you can quit a silly habit, or continuing to be irresponsible and having children you know for a fact you cannot provide 100% for.
So in the end, it isn't as though we (or mostly I) feel that fertile myrtles should feel, or are in any way underserving..but if you just so happen to be irresponsible and ungrateful about such a miracle then yes..I feel that they are absolutely undeserving.

Hunni12- I don't think you should feel bad about posting things about your pregnancy on fb. I don't know you, but I doubt you have the qualities of the irresponsible parent (or soon to be) that I mentioned above. So celebrate your gift however you'd like, I think you deserve it. & congrats btw : )

Hunni12 and GabesMommy, I don't know about you guys, but I don't think most women that are TTC just get mad or feel that the women around them who get pregnant aren't deserving of being pregnant, I know I sure don't. When my best friend from high school (who I'm not that close with now, as we don't live in the same state) found out that she was pregnant I was happy for her, honestly. I know that even though she may not have been trying and it just happened for her, she would not take having a child for granted. THAT is what upsets me about many of the women around me that can pop out babies left and right, they take things such as creating a human being for granted. How is that possible? Even if I hadn't had such a long road in TTC and it just happened from the get go I would still cherish and appreciate everything about getting pregnant. With my DD (who is almost 6) I was having irregular periods and she surprisingly happened after a year or so of NTNP, and I never thought I could have children..but the second I found out I was pregnant I quit smoking, didn't drink, and loved every single minute of pregnancy. THAT is what it should be about, not you endangering your child's life because you can quit a silly habit, or continuing to be irresponsible and having children you know for a fact you cannot provide 100% for.
So in the end, it isn't as though we (or mostly I) feel that fertile myrtles should feel, or are in any way underserving..but if you just so happen to be irresponsible and ungrateful about such a miracle then yes..I feel that they are absolutely undeserving.

Hunni12- I don't think you should feel bad about posting things about your pregnancy on fb. I don't know you, but I doubt you have the qualities of the irresponsible parent (or soon to be) that I mentioned above. So celebrate your gift however you'd like, I think you deserve it. & congrats btw : )

Trust me, I know what you mean....I hope you don't feel I was speaking for you when I posted- I was trying to analyze why I felt such judgemental feelings towards those fertile myrtles and was speaking out loud...

It kind of is a slap in the face (regardless of another person's behaviors/fitness for parenting) every time someone gets pregnant who DOESN'T want the baby. Especially though it hurts if they are doing bad things that parents shouldn't do....I KNOW what you mean about the FB friend- I think I would have a hard time keeping my mouth shut!

Trust me, I know what you mean....I hope you don't feel I was speaking for you when I posted- I was trying to analyze why I felt such judgemental feelings towards those fertile myrtles and was speaking out loud...

It kind of is a slap in the face (regardless of another person's behaviors/fitness for parenting) every time someone gets pregnant who DOESN'T want the baby. Especially though it hurts if they are doing bad things that parents shouldn't do....I KNOW what you mean about the FB friend- I think I would have a hard time keeping my mouth shut!

Oh no, I didn't take your post as if you were speaking for me, when I initially read it I kind of thought that you thought I was saying that in my original post :p But no, I know exactly what you mean when you say it's a slap in the face when women get pregnant who don't really want to have a baby. & I had a glass of wine the other night (I'm not going to lie, some wine every now and then keeps me sane, even though I know I probably shouldn't..but it's not like I was pregnant or anything, lol) and I was half tempted to post an image of what smoking can do to an unborn child to be spiteful mostly..but also to prove a point. Especially when the conversation I read went EXACTLY like this:

Pregnant friend: Man, what to eat. Been sick all day.
Her friend: Aw..that sucks.
Pregnant friend: I know this damn baby dont like nothin. Even cigarettes make me sick.
Her friend: Whaat? Your baby is a buzz kill.
Pregnant friend: Ur tellin me.

And I know that some of you are thinking "Well maybe they're just joking around." No...they are literally just that moronic...yet people like this are able to reproduce? Something just isn't right.

I just want it to be my turn!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

11months has past and in that time my best friend has gotten pg with #2 and has her. I love her so much and the wee baby girl but it is killing me.........

Also my 30-42 cycles have gotten even stranger im CD 46 and no idea whats going on.

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

@Meeshell: Thank you. It just opened my eyes to see how these ladies feel. I love my pregnancy even through the throwing up and worries haha. I honestly felt guilt because I got pregnant my 3rd month of trying. But me and my OH have been together for 4 years with this being our first. I thought I couldn't have kids neither and so this baby was a blessing to us and a huge eye opener. I root for these ladies hoping they too can share this feeling. Oh and I too had irregular cycles, their quite the hassle:dohh:

All you had to do was make time to have sex with me and you didn't even do that! YES I'm disappointed in you.

Love this thread on being able to say what you want!, My partner & I are blessed with one but have been trying for roughly 2 years for another! My close friend is pregnant and DID NOT EVEN WANT TO BE! It just happened and she always complains about not being able to do things because she is preggo! & here i am sitting here wanting to slap her!! because i WOULD LOVE to give up everything "fun" (to her) to be pregnant!!!, & also my freaking mother! Maybe if you lost abit of weight if might be easier) LOOK MUM I WAS THIS SIZE WHEN I GOT PREGGO AND THERE ARE ALOT OF PEOPLE BIGGER THEN ME THAT GET PREGGO! (im 5'8, 170lbs) roughly), also my Nan, "are you sure your not already pregnant" LOOK LADY! IF I WAS PREGGO I WOULDNT BE SULKING EVERY DAM MONTH!, oh that feels so so so so so GOOOOD!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->