VENT THREAD! Things you wish you could say but can't

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm sorry aly but you're out of line. My mom was a single parent to 4 having most in her teen years. No our father's wasn't there but I believe I turned out fine ..as stated before I'm sorry u haven't gotten your bfp yet but somethings should not be said. And yes I have gotten bashed on here because I made a rant so people do do it. I tried for 3 months so I do know the pain of seeing negatives. I do lurk here because I still try to help ladies ttc. No my life isn't easy but I work my ass to provide for my LO.. it's tough. Good luck to you.

Correct me if i'm wrong.....but isn't that the whole POINT of this thread? Things that we're thinking/feeling that you can't/shouldn't actually say???

my today vent....dentists....who say you don't have any cavities then go do a teeth cleaning and find one....yes I know its my fault for not flossing and its not like it just magically appeared...but she took my happy moment away *cries*

and please anyone who is a dentist don't get your feelings hurt that I am miffed about this. I know its irrational and not your personal fault I have a cavity or the other dentist didn't notice it right away, its just how I feel and its totally crazy I know this....:thumbup:

Lots of things shouldn't be said but this is why this thread was started (I believe). To give us a safe space to just vent our frustrations. Sure my sister isn't the lazy slobby mooch that I lead everyone to believe she is... oh wait SHE IS. But this is the place I can say that. Right?

I also think it's rather selfish of my coworker to get knocked up and then apply to work on my project and then let us know she's expecting after her probation period is up and we'll need to replace her in 6 months... sure its not legal to discriminate against her, but it's a big bitch move to do that to us. And I feel confident that I can say that here because it's a safe and supportive space.

Also, my mom was/is a selfish careless person and had 3 accidents, myself included. She gave the first 3 up for adoption and then kept me, but really even though she was technically an adult, she has the maturity of a teenager. And let me tell you, that's not a fun house to grow up in. I've been taking care of her since I was taller than her. I turned out alright because I wanted to be nothing like her. So sure those teen moms that are irresponsible and think a baby will be their doll to love them forever may have kids that turn out just fine, but maybe they won't. My father wasn't in the picture, my mom went on welfare before I was 8. And she smoked through her entire pregnancy, and I had asthma as a kid and now I'm seemingly having difficulties conceiving. I have yet to go for testing but I suspect there's plumbing problems. (That was an interesting piece of info posted a page back...one more thing I can blame her for now)

And for all those who have read this thread and got offended... you don't see the Christians and the Atheists trolling each other's support threads do you? No you don't. So why are people trolling our vents? Now I'm going to get worried that I'll get kicked off because I will offend someone who has a sister, or a mom, or a coworker?

Or how about my post a few pages back where I got offended, miffed and frustrated and down right pissed off with the post about the 'magic trick' of 'just stop trying'... she didn't come on here and yell at me... and I kept my vent to this thread so as not to be a debbie downer and call her out for saying something that everyone that's TTC can't stand to hear ON MORE EFFING TIME!

Let's move on ladies. Vents are vents because we're hormonal, irrational and (speaking for myself) a little obsessed. If you don't like what's being said, move on and let us get on with our bitch-fest!

and please anyone who is a dentist don't get your feelings hurt that I am miffed about this. I know its irrational and not your personal fault I have a cavity or the other dentist didn't notice it right away, its just how I feel and its totally crazy I know this....:thumbup:
:haha:

You're my hero!

How are we trolling? I mean just because I'm pregnant doesn't mean I'm not allowed to post or be here wtf. Like I said I usually poke my head here because I still try to help those ttc. But if I feel offended then I will say so. If I hurt someone then I would expect them to say so

I'm sorry aly but you're out of line. My mom was a single parent to 4 having most in her teen years. No our father's wasn't there but I believe I turned out fine ..as stated before I'm sorry u haven't gotten your bfp yet but somethings should not be said. And yes I have gotten bashed on here because I made a rant so people do do it. I tried for 3 months so I do know the pain of seeing negatives. I do lurk here because I still try to help ladies ttc. No my life isn't easy but I work my ass to provide for my LO.. it's tough. Good luck to you.

Guess what??? MY MOM WAS A TEEN/ SINGLE MOM OF 4- BY 4 DIFFERENT MEN WHO WERENT WERENT AROUND- WE WERE ON WELFARE AND I TURNED OUT JUST FINE TOO! :thumbup: the point of my post was NOT to say that every one who has a kid as a teen will be a failure and their kids will be screwed up. I was just pointing out some of the struggles many (but not all!) of them may have at some point, and that it frustrates me that im having troubles even though my kids wont have those particular bad experiences. WE ALL WORK HARD for the things we have! I may not have a kid to take care of but i'm not sitting around eating bon bons! If anybody is out of line IT IS YOU. and if this is your idea of helping, you should STOP.

How are we trolling? I mean just because I'm pregnant doesn't mean I'm not allowed to post or be here wtf. Like I said I usually poke my head here because I still try to help those ttc. But if I feel offended then I will say so. If I hurt someone then I would expect them to say so

Fine, you (and the others who posted against aly) have upset me by making me paranoid that I can't feel safe to post here any more. This was the one safe space I had.

Trolling by definition is posting "inflammatory, extraneous, or off-topic messages in an online community, such as an online discussion forum, [...] with the primary intent of provoking readers into an emotional response or of otherwise disrupting normal on-topic discussion."

By making me feel that I can't safely vent here without fear of judgement, you've provoked an emotional response, and you're disrupting the otherwise normal on-topic discussion.

I'm well aware that I shouldn't 'feed the trolls' but this has become my new thing to vent about! Ladies who take offense on our thread when the damn thread reads "VENT THREAD! Things you wish you could say but can't":growlmad:

/rant

It isn't about you or your feelings, you trolling because you are saying things and causing problems in a thread not meant for it and have been told and informed the purpose of this thread and have decided regardless of it that your personal feelings are above the purpose of this venting sections. this venting section is to get our darker thoughts out to feel better and get things off our chest that we are to ashamed of saying normally.

you have been told your personal feelings and personal life were in no way relevant to the purpose of this and that they were not trying to be a personal attack on your own personal way you decided to lead your life. but instead of backing off and letting these woman, who have frustrations and need this thread to vent and get some of this stress off their chests to better help them be able to have their child, have decided your personal feelings are more important then that.

so how about, instead of exacerbating the situation you either take your problems with said person in IM's or just back off and stop reading this thread, because nothing in here will be butterflies and roses. it will be about shitty things that we think and feel and want to share.

Have you noticed anyone who happens to be pregnant coming in here and being all I'm offended because I'm pregnant and have been trying for years too! how dare you put me into the category of being pregnant super fast and not being grateful!!! NO because they know these are irrational feelings that we can't control and let us feel them to get over them rather then try and shame us into feeling bad for a feeling we can't control.

so please if you are having your feelings hurt, just don't come in here and read the peoples posts. because NOTHING in here is saying anything kind or nice. so if your feelings are so sensitive that you can't have the understanding of why. then just at least have the respect to just ignore it and let these ladies use it for the therapeutic purposes it was meant to fulfill.

tyvm

&No I did not have an intent of making no one uncomfortable or upset but if I was offended I believe I have a right to say so. But I'm done because it would be wrong of this got closed from ladies who need and frequently use this thread over a petty argument

Did I mention that my sister used all my tampons and AF just showed up?

And I'm not talking the last few, I'm talking the value pack I bought 2 cycles ago, and I have short cycles so that should have lasted me for months!

I can not wait for her to get a damn job and move the heck out!!!!

I'm well aware that I shouldn't 'feed the trolls' but this has become my new thing to vent about! Ladies who take offense on our thread when the damn thread reads "VENT THREAD! Things you wish you could say but can't":growlmad:

/rant

Same here! I've been offended many times before on here but i've never replied to some one saying they were "out of line" or "shouldnt have said that" i know every one who vents is usually venting about a specific person/ event and isnt attacking the entire population of people who share the similarites of the person/ topic theyre venting about. and i do agree that now i'm definitely going to feel fearful of venting about certain topics, which defeats the purpose of this thread.

Did I mention that my sister used all my tampons and AF just showed up?

And I'm not talking the last few, I'm talking the value pack I bought 2 cycles ago, and I have short cycles so that should have lasted me for months!

I can not wait for her to get a damn job and move the heck out!!!!

lmao I am jealous with my AF I go through like 50 of those little suckers AND have to use panty liners at night. I can't blame you though. I hate it when inconsiderate people come visiting my inlaws. who are like 70-80 years old and on a fixed income. then take 40 minute showers, leave water running while they do dishes, leave all the lights on, and eat all the food....then stay out of the apartment the rest of the day without saying by or hi but using it as a free hotel...

electricity and such are not cheap in brazil but for some reason some people forget that when they go visiting other peoples houses when its not their bills. (which my husband and I pay some of their stuff because they are old and no way would we want them to be without anything)

Honestly when I have my child I have decided if they are a utility sucker, I'm going to start telling them, if you save money next month on the bill, you get the extra money for a couple months. Just for them to prove to themselves they can do it and how much money it REALLY costs and to give them an idea of what I pay and what could have been bought with the savings.

lol see thats how much it miffs me! I even made plans for teens I don't even have yet LMAO

not saying I don't use lights ever, I have 2 computers and an Ipad and am a gamer...yeah I do...I just don't leave all the lights on in rooms I'm not in and take showers that arn't 40 mins (granted mine are more like 25 but still less then 40 and it adds up in the end!! but I understand even I need one of those loong needa think about the world and universe and the meaning of life while standing in the water showers lol) just don't be douches and have those moments in SOMEONE ELSES HOUSE.

The kicker is she didn't even tell me she used them up!

lol at least you realized it before you REALLY needed them.

actually better thought just occurred to me. what if its a sign that you are pregnant and you WONT EVEN need them at the end of the month!!! huh! huh!!!!! MIND BLOWN!!!

*Ish in a oddball mood atm sorry*

So I've been Goggling and searching for months and I thought what I needed were success stories but it turns out I was wrong.
I needed this...
I needed to know that it's ok to cry and be so angry I can't see straight. It's ok not to be able to be in the same elevator as any of the three different pregnant women at work.
I needed to know that after nine IUI (4 as is, 2 with Clomid, 3 with injectibles) it's perfectly normal to want to punch my uterus in the face (or at the very least it doesn't make me a bad person).
This thread reminded me that I'm human and I cannot begin to tell you all how grateful I am just knowing that you're out there too.

This is the most amazing thread ever!

Ok here I go......I'm sooo sorry I called off those two days, you see I had a miscarriage which you already knew. I lost the most beautiful & precious gift in this world but I see how the timing of it was bad since those two days coincided with my scheduled day off and made it seem like I just wanted a long weekend. Oh yeah I totally get how you would think that after I started crying hysterically at work & told you that I was losing my baby. And thank you so much for demonstrating exactly the type of nurse that I will never be because clearly compassion & empathy are not your strong points.

Thanks for letting me rant

Dear body:

You are a jerk. Why must you play mind games with me month after month? I hate you.

Sincerely,
Me

This is a vent. Not meant to offend anyone or to make changes to this website. Just a vent of the bad thoughts that run through my head and I know I shouldn't think them.
That being said....

To me if you are pregnant you should stay off the TTC forums. It is really hard to see posts from someone who has gotten what we all want. I just want to tell all the expecting women still posting to take there happy moment elsewhere. It feels like they are rubbing my nose in their bliss.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"