Vitamin D = clear skin

harrybaby

Reaction score
Good Morning,

Since about 15 weeks I have been taking 1000ug (10mg) of Vitamin D supplement (as well as my pregnacare tablets) - I am taking it as part of a pregnancy study.

Anyhoo, since taking the extra Vitman D the skin on my face has really cleared up, and my complection on a whole is much better.

I have mentioned this on here before and other people who take Vitamin D have said the same. Was just thinking its an ideal time to take it (not a lot of sunlight in the winter).

Not pushing it on anyone, but if your skins quite bad this maybe a nice safe work around xxx

I may have to give that a whirl, thanks, as since becoming pregnant my face has turned all nastily spotty, so embarrasing!

Oooh that sounds perfect for me, skin isnt awful but got sme spots that are 'cumfy' and wont shift lol. i dont take any vits atm is it worth takin pregnancy ones too? or just the vit d?

I've just started taking vitamin D after reading about the recommended levels of it and the lack of it during the winter months. I wonder if it will help with my ezcema on my hands - that would be a nice bonus!

x

Oooh that sounds perfect for me, skin isnt awful but got sme spots that are 'cumfy' and wont shift lol. i dont take any vits atm is it worth takin pregnancy ones too? or just the vit d?

To be honest hun, its really up to you. There is a small amount of Vitamin D in the pregnancy supplement but they have a bit of everything in it including Folic Acid. You can buy just Vitamin D on its own from a health store or probably a supermarket. UI havent looked, I get mine free from the hospital :)

Tesco have got a 3 for 2 offer on vitamins at the moment and have vitamin D and folic acid on their own.

x

I've just started taking vitamin D after reading about the recommended levels of it and the lack of it during the winter months. I wonder if it will help with my ezcema on my hands - that would be a nice bonus!

x

Hope it does, Ive noticed my skin in general is feeling great as well as my hair and my nails :)

I havent been takin folic acid since turning 12 weeks, should i have been lol

I couldnt agree more about the Vit D ! cleared my skin looks healthier too. midwife told me to take Folic Acid until i was 12 weeks then stop and take Vit D best info shes gave me so far ! :D xxx

I may have to try this :) My skin is awful! I took folic acid until 12 weeks... am I meant to be taking any vitamins now?

I like the sounds of this! I'm just taking the regular pregnacare at the minute! My skin is really bad and I'm getting a kind of spot that I haven't had before - they are really painful to touch! :( Will give Vit D a go!

I'm on 4000IU of Vitamin D daily and I only get the random odd very tiny spot now and then, and I have PCOS so am used to having crappy skin. I never connected the two but you may be right!

EDIT: I'm taking 4000IU as the result of a study at my mate's husband's lab

To all those not taking prenatal vitamins, YES absolutely take them!!

In Canada, taking a multi-vitamin during pregnancy is HIGHLY recommended. The folic acid is a crucial aid in healthy fetal development. It helps prevent Spina Bifida and other birth defects. It's never too late to start taking the prenatal vitamins.

Here, they even recommend taking them while you are TTC. I never miss a dose; knowing that I am doing everything I can to protect and encourage good health of my baby, put my mind at ease.

I like the advice of the Vitamin D though. Just be sure, with any vitamins, that you are taking it in moderation. Even too many vitamins can wreak havoc on your body and your LO!

H&H9M!!

I live in Canada and my doctor told me that folic acid only assists in development up to 12 weeks, once their spine is developed it doesn't do much so she said to stop taking the prenatals and to take a really good multi vitamin.

I'm definitely going to try the vitamin D!

Vitamin D is so important for SO many reasons! Just do a quick search on it - it's an amazing vitamin really. I always take an extra "boost" even when not pregnant.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->