**Waiting and Waiting...2018 Mommies To Be! <3**

Hi ladies, sorry I've been gone so long! It's been a really busy summer so far. <3

Hello and welcome to all of our new members! :wave: :flower:

Congratulations and H&H 9 months to all of our ladies that got their :bfp: in the time that I was gone! :happydance:

Terah - I'm so sorry for your most recent CP hun. :hugs:
Yay for finding a new place that you love though! Sorry about that mess with the moldy duplex though, yikes! :wacko:

Kaity - Yay, I'm glad that you're going to be on more often hun! I'll try my best to get on here more too. :happydance:

I think I got the list completely updated. Please let me know if I forgot something or if anything needs to be added or changed for you. :flower:

As for me things have been super busy. We've been decluttering our house and making plans to see my sister after she has her baby. Unfortunately I'm not sure when my grandma is coming up from Florida to see the baby though so a lot is going to depend on when that happens because we can really only afford to take one trip.
Hubby has been pressuring me to get rid of pretty much all of the baby stuff that we don't still use. I'm not ready yet, DD is only 16 month old and there's still lots of time to decide if we want another baby or not. It really seems like DH is still very much leaning towards not having another but lately I've been leaning towards having another. I was okay for a while but now it's bothering me again that we're undecided. :cry:

Kalon, glad to see you back! Glad things are going well!

I would have a hard time being undecided as well. I like having a plan. It drives me crazy when we don't. I also have a hard time getting rid of things so getting rid of all the baby stuff would be rough on me.

Thanks for updating me at the beginning! Due date should be early March, but obviously won't have an exact date until I see the OB (another 4 weeks if all goes well).

I'm not sure if I have mentioned it here or not, but DH's father's birthday is 01/01. DH is 02/02. He has always joked about having an 03/03 baby and right now depending on how I calculate my due date is anywhere between March 2-4 so he is very excited.

My DD's birthday is 3/3/16 so maybe your baby will share a birthday with her! :winkwink:

Right now the plan is to wait until next summer to gauge how DH feels about TTC #3 that Fall. If he says yes we'll TTC in September or October 2018. If he says no I'll wait up to another year if needed and ask again. Rinse and repeat until he either tells me yes or tells me that he's definitely done having kids.

Hi can i be added to TTC #4 February 2018 probably be :yellow: but would like :blue: to even things up of 2 of each :) not set in stone us TTC then only if we make enough changes in the next 7 months we will go ahead, hubby said we will see where we are all at at the end of the year.

Keely: sorry I've just messaged on your journal before i read on here that you've changed your mind about #3. I know how hard it is to be so back and forth on having another :hugs:

Hey Heather, good to see you here hun, welcome to the group! :hugs: :flower:
I hope that everything goes well in the next 7 months so that you can TTC in February. :D

We've been undecided for some time now but lately I've been leaning towards having #3 and Colin is still firmly camped in the "if we do have another it won't be anytime soon" category. I'm really hoping he changes his mind by next Fall. :nope:

Hi all can I be added to the list. We're hopefully going to start ttc around September/October time :D

Roxy's second birthday party was really fun yesterday! I still can't believe she's already two! :wacko:

hi ladies..

change of plans for us :( :(

i have to undergo a laparoscopic surgery for my gall bladder removal in next couple of months.. some non nonsensical stones and all.

so we will be pushing our TTC by few months :( :(

sorry about the surgery demotivated :( It's good that you have it planned and will get it over with though. Better now than while you are TTC.

Tara- I can't believe Roxy is 2 already! I love the picture you put up on FB...what a sweet girl!

I keep flip flopping on my feelings of a third. Things are finally settling into a routine here and I feel like I am able to take care of the kids and the house and still have time for DH and alone time for myself (not every day do I feel like everything is together of course... a lot of days are chaos...but the "on top of things" days are becoming slightly more frequent).

We are so lucky with our boys that *knock on wood* there are no health issues and they are both just so sweet and loving. Ben is concerned about another pregnancy given how hard my last one was and how scary the birth was. I'm concerned with how to take care of 3 and still give everyone the attention they need (especially with DS1's speech therapy). I am so happy with my 2 boys and I don't feel a deep ache to grow our family like I have before each of the boys were born. However, then I start thinking about having a little girl and all the special moments you have with a girl and I just feel like we are meant to have a daughter too. So then I come back to the thought of "well, maybe it would be better to adopt a daughter than try for a biological child." But then the thought "i would love another little baby and think of all the cute clothes we have to use and how sweet it would be to see DH with a little girl" but then "but think of how hard it would be with three and we are so lucky with the two we have"....and round and round it goes...

I'm trying hard to just not think about it or worry about it but it keeps creeping up! I think the fact that DS2 is advancing so quickly (6 months old and already crawling and pulling up on things :( ) isn't helping. I just want my baby to stay LITTLE for longer and he just wants to go go go. I don't want to let go of his baby days so quickly and I think it feels a lot faster this time than last.

Is anyone else struggling with wanting more/maybe being complete? how are you handling things? any advice or insight would be wonderful!

Sorry for the long rant....it's better to get things out than keep them in and I don't want to scare off DH lol.

Hope you ladies are having a wonderful day!

Demotivated I'm so sorry about the stones and surgery that will push your date back. Do you have a month in mind that I can move you to on the list? :hugs:

Kaity I 100% understand what you're going through! I go back and forth all the time. I feel the same way as you do about 2 being manageable and worrying about having time for 3 and still having time for myself/my hobbies and DH. I think part of the reason I worry is because I grew up in a large family and my mom never made time for me but I know that realistically I just don't have a good mom as much as it hurts to admit it so it may have nothing to do with the number of siblings I had and just everything to do with the fact that my mother was never fit to begin with. Even when it was just me and my brother I don't remember her spending much time with either of us. I also think about the fact that I have one of each already and somehow it feels irresponsible to have another when I already have a boy and a girl, ya know? At the same time I don't feel ready to be done with my child bearing years yet. I'm only going to be 26 in October and it's hard to think about never seeing another :bfp:, never having another ultrasound, never feeling baby kicks, never holding my own newborn again, ect. I also think about how amazing it would be to tell an older DS that he's going to have another sibling when he's old enough to understand it and get excited about it, he loves babies and dotes on DD all the time. Thea also appears to be on the fast track to completely weaning, I'm not optimistic that we'll make it to our 2 year goal or even to 18 months. I can't imagine never breastfeeding again. DH is convinced we can't afford a 3rd anytime soon though. I really wanted to be done having kids by the time I was 30 and I didn't want a big age gap but at this point I just want the promise that there will be another baby, even if it's 5-10 years down the road although I'd probably want a 4th close in age to #3 as well if we did that. If we had #3 when I'd ideally want to I'd just accept that we're done and that would be that.

Thank you Keely for adding me :D
Yet I'm back to being back and forth over the idea, at the moment I'm wanting to again but something could even change my mind again later today, it's crazy.

Keely, as far as going from 2 to 3. I obviously haven't done that, but a lot of moms have told me that it was A LOT easier than they anticipated and MUCH easier than going from 1 to 2. Now, I'm sure that isn't always the case, but I have heard enough people say it that I am starting to believe it.

I also wouldn't worry too much about extra cost. Save clothes and toys and you really won't need much for the first few years. Obviously after that costs can build up, but even then having older ones helps, especially if you do end up with a bigger age gap. In DH's family he is 4 years older than his brother and 9 years older than his sister. Most things she was interested in one of her brothers had already done. So for band, for example, DH passed down his saxophone. For university, she decided on engineering which the other brother had done. He gave her all his books and coached her on subjects in high school. She ended up getting a big scholarship.

I also think she has thoroughly enjoyed being the baby of the family. As she grew older their parents had more time and money than with the older two so she ended up getting a little spoiled.

Anyway, I don't mean to say you need to keep going, but from what I saw in his family and have heard from others it can all work out pretty well.

PS I should be 8 weeks today. I had a scare a little over a week ago with some spotting so we went to the emergency department. Got to see baby measuring 6w 5d. That is 1-2 days behind where I should have been by ovulation, but DH said I shouldn't worry about such a small difference. Heartbeat was good.

I should have my first official ultrasound somewhere around Aug. 7th if all goes well. I'm going to call up to make the appointment this week.

Hi! Can I join please? We will be TTC #2 in January 2018. Very excited, it's been a long time coming, my little boy will be 9 then and I will have been a member on here for 10 years!! Crazy. I hope I can share the wait with you all as the next 5 months seems like its going to drag. Plus I have PCOS (and possibly endo too) so I think it's going to take a while which is scaring me xx

Just wanted to update here that I am 6 weeks pregnant. Due March 14, 2017. Dating ultrasound next week.

Congrats Laroawan! H & H 9 months to you!

Glad to hear everything was OK for you after your scare Karoolia that must have been really nerve wracking for you!

Welcome to all the new ladies!

AFM- Just wanted to update and say I had my 20 week scan yesterday and all looked perfect! We also found out we will be having a little girl and we are over the moon :)

Congrats on the girl Swedengirl, very exciting news!

Everything about this pregnancy is nerve wracking for me. After a mc it is hard to relax, but I'm trying my best.

Congrats Laroawan!!!

I cannot imagine what it must be like Karoolia. I was (and still am to a certain extent)a nervous wreck and I didn't go through what you went through.

One thing that helped me and maybe will help you was something my midwife said to me after I sobbed to her I was terrified something would go wrong. She said: you will be sad if something goes wrong and you were happy. You will be sad if something goes wrong and you were cautious. It will be sad whatever if the worst happens. But for now you are only pregnant with this baby this one time, so why not be happy and enjoy them as if something goes wrong you'll be sad either way, so let them know you are happy that they are with you now.

It didn't cure my worry. But it did make sense and some days it would help to think that through!

Sorry I haven't updated in so long ladies! I keep saying I'm going to try to get on here more and it never seems to actually happen :dohh:

Welcome to all the ladies that have joined us! :wave:

Keely and Kaity - The uncertainty of having another or not has got to be hard :hugs: In my experience, going from 2 to 3 kids can go either way. As you know, having Everett was the second time I went from 2 to 3. And this time it was really, really hard. But I think that was largely due to the fact that there was such a big gap between my big kids and Everett. There's 8 1/2 years between Aiden and Everett and 7 years between Mady and Everett. So there was a huge difference in their needs and I hadn't had a baby for such a long time. So the transition was really hard. That, and the fact that Everett was such a high needs newborn and the kids had all the demands of school and extracurricular activities...it made it hard to balance everything. However, when I had Seraphina, who was 2 years younger than Mady and 3 1/2 years younger than Aiden, the transition was so much easier. She just fit into our family like she had always been there. The transition was significantly easier than going from 1 to 2.

Demotivated - I'm sorry that you had to push TTC back :hugs:

Sophie - Welcome! I have PCOS and endo as well and understand your fears of it taking a while. :hugs: Have you talked to your doctor at all about your plans to TTC?

karoolia - I'm sorry you went through that scare but I'm glad that everything turned out okay! And your DH is right, a 1-2 day difference isn't really a big deal. All babies grow at a slightly different rate, so sometimes measurements are off by a little bit. Plus, the measurements themselves might be off due to baby's position or how well the tech measures or any number of other reasons. So 1-2 days behind is right on track! :thumbup:

Laroawan - Congrats! :happydance: I hope you have a H&H 9 months!

swedengirl - Congrats! Little girls are the sweetest! :pink: :baby:

AFM - We haven't had a whole lot going on. Just kind of getting through each day. Our new place is working out fairly well. There's been a few problems, but overall it's still good. DH is going to be starting a new job in less than two weeks; tomorrow is his last day at his current job. I'm nervous about him starting another job since this is his 3rd job this year, but I think he'll be a lot happier and he'll be working closer to home. The company he's going to be working for is a smaller, family-owned company that seems to care about their employees a lot more than any other place he's worked. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that it all works out really well. We are still TTC and on our 4th cycle now. Keeping our fingers crossed and hoping for the best. Everett is going to be turning a year old on August 23 :shock: I can't believe it's gone by so fast! Mady will be turning 8 on August 20. So we're going to have a busy August with birthday parties :haha:

I hope you all are doing well! :flower:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
awin68top2
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"