**Waiting and Waiting...2018 Mommies To Be! <3**

I’m starting to have second thoughts about trying for baby#2. I feel like my little girl is going through a tough stage right now at 5 months old. I can’t imagine vomiting violently for 4 months or worse grieving a loss, and working full-time/taking care of a baby all at once. I keep telling myself every pregnancy is different, and we know my problem so the odds of another loss are low, but my heart has a hard time believing it. There are so many changes coming up too: I was just given the promotion to Director that I’ve been working so hard for, C is going to daycare and DH is going back to work in January, and I’ll be weaning off of pumping. Ugh so many emotions. Honestly, I’d be happy with just my little C, but we both love our siblings and want C to have that too. I think I probably just need to give it some time and see how I feel in a February/March.

I’m now going through a phase of we can do it then telling myself I won’t cope ! We want to try for baby no3 .
DD2 has just turned two and is going through a really naughty stage can’t leave her alone for 5 minutes . But then I am thinking this year is precious too as she will start nursery next January ! So I’m thinking hopefully a new baby when she has started nursery . I just know for our family I would regret leaving it too late and not adding to our family ! I try to remind myself that this is just a stage and she’s learning and growing ! Not easy at the time though lol

Sorry for a quick reply using my phone at the minute . Just wanted you to know you are not alone with making this decision !!

Welcome Zoie. I hope there is only happiness ahead, and will be here for support no matter your journey.

Thank you all for the support. Kiki - that darn bio clock is definitely part of it. I&#8217;m 36 in April this year. bb87 - Thanks for letting me know I&#8217;m not alone. We probably all have some mixed feelings no matter our situations.

C starts daycare on Monday and I&#8217;m so worried she just won&#8217;t nap there at all. Fx for a smooth transition. Less than 22 days of pumping left for me! Well more than that but less than 22 days before I start weaning off of pumping.

If it makes you feel better my mother had her last baby at 38 I believe. My youngest brother is a perfectly healthy, thriving little boy of 7 years now and she had a smooth, complication free pregnancy and labor. You still have time at 36, a lot of women are having babies even into their 40's these days. <3

Welcome Zoie! I'm so sorry for you loses, I can't imagine how painful that must have been. Hopefully it will be all good news from here on out.

Les - I get you on the age thing. I'm only 29 now, but pregnant with #1 and we would like 3-4 kids. So I anticipate having my last at the later end of my 30s. My mother was 36 and 39 when she had her babies. Her pregnancies weren't the easiest, but she did fine overall. I know lots of ladies who have had babies in their late 30s and have had smooth pregnancies and healthy babies so it's definitely doable!

I feel like I'm in a state of disbelief. If it weren't for the bump I wouldn't even know I was pregnant and yet in just over 8 weeks baby will be here! Crazy! We're also starting to talk about when to have #2. How is that even crossing our minds? haha. The conversation actually came up because my husband mentioned wanting to go to Jamaica for a vacation in winter 2019. He'll be 7-8 months into his new job and finances will be much better so he has started day dreaming. Of course that brought up the topic of zika and when were we planning to TTC again.

Baby will be here so soon karoolia! That's so exciting! LOL the other day my DH mentioned something about how he wants two and then I was like 'whoa...let's see how this one goes first!!' ha ha ha

haha, men. They don't have to do the work and yet here they are planning future babies.

Yeah seriously! Let me get out of the first trimester haze a little bit first. Easy for you to say, buddy!

Lol, men are funny either way. I've done the vast majority of the work with the kids yet I'm having to try to convince my DH that having another anytime soon is a good idea. :haha:

Alligator - I can't believe you're almost in the second trimester already! Time sure is flying.

karoolia - I was in a total state of disbelief after I gave birth. I would stare at my DS sleeping in his little hospital bassinet and just couldn't believe that he was really mine and that I was going to get to take him home and raise him for the next 18 years.

It's crazy! Some people say it's 13, others 14...but if you do the math it's like 13.333 and I'm 13.3 tomorrow...so, either way...soon!

How are you ladies doing? I am down to less than a month before baby arrives (give or take). I really am a 2018 mommy to be! So much to get done before baby arrives of course! Eep!

How exciting k! The end with C dragged for me so much, but I went almost 2 weeks past my due date before being induced.

I started weaning off of pumping. Only one pump a day now, so going about 5 hours between bfing in the am and pumping, and then again between pumping and bfing in the evenings. Neither baby nor I are ready to wean off bfing, and I’m putting off mixing in formula to stretch out my freezer supply. As of now, my one pump is replacing what she eats at daycare. No sign of AF yet, but it’s only been 2 weeks and we’ve all been sick with colds and fevers for 3 weeks now.

I’ve decided that I’m going to keep bfing for now when I’m home. Seems that I can drop pumping entirely and my body will adjust to have more in the evenings and less during the day. It’s working out now with the one pump even on weekends, but I think we may need to supplement on weekends once I stop pumping entirely. I figure my supply will be low during the day bc my body won’t know the difference between a weekday and the weekend. Guess we’ll cross that bridge when we get there.

Dealing with the realization that AF may not be back as soon as I’d like which means we can’t start ttc baby 2 as soon as we planned has helped me to realize that I am looking forward to trying for a second. It’s a bit frustrating waiting for AF but we need the time to nap-train anyway...just need these colds to pass first and then it’s no more naps in my arms. Otherwise us cosleeping parents will have zero alone time to dtd &#128514;

It's your month February TTC/NTNPers! Best of luck and lots of baby dust. Please remember to keep us updated on your journeys. :happydance: :flower: :dust:

*February 2018*

Jasy - Baby #2

Stacip - Baby #2

Demotivated - Baby #2

lesondemavie - Baby #2

ssarahh - Baby #2, going team :yellow:

Bumblebee24 - Baby #2, NTNP and going team :yellow:

blauren - Baby #1

Sophie1205 - Baby #2

JennP - Baby #1

BrittneyAnne - Baby #1

aidensxmomma (Terah) - Baby #5 (Baby #2 with OH) :yellow:

sarah34 - Baby #2

AnjaaniPari - Baby #1 w/ PCOS, taking Clomid

karoolia - Oh my gosh, you're getting so close to your due date now! I'm so excited that you'll get to meet your baby soon. :happydance: :cloud9: <3

Hey ladies :flower:

Can I join? Looking for people in a similar situation to talk to.
I'm 27 and my OH is 22 we have been together for 2 years now. With plans to marry in the future when we have the money, OH is a total petrol head and I would rather we saved for his dream car first :thumbup: (serious brownie points earned:winkwink:)
I've been hit with baby fever this last year or So (think it's my age :haha:) although I have been silent about it. But this last 6 months my other half has had it real bad. He really wants a baby and is constantly pointing out babies when we go out.
We are thinking the beginning of 2019 as we have a fair bit planned for us this year, a couple of holidays and a few weekends away. So we really want to take this year for us before we have a baby.
I'm going to come off bc before the year is out we think. As I have been on it for a long time and my cycles have always been a bit irregular so would be good to give them time to settle. We would be NTNP for the last couple months of the year to give us a good start TTCing in the new year. If we got pregnant straight away off bc that would be fine as all it would mean is I couldn't drink over Christmas and New year which is fine by me ( I'll be designated designated driver instead :haha:)
Anyway most of our friends are male and of them that have partners they aren't in as serious a place as we are (ie living together, engaged, have or wanting kids yet) so it's hard not having anyone to talk to about it as I don't want to keep going on at my OH about it cause I think it's different for guys (or at least him anyway) he doesn't think about the ins and outs of TTC; ovulation, tww, ect. he's all: 'it will just happen if I come off the pill' but I'm more of a planner. I like to plan for everything, lists are my best friend haha he is always laughing that I make list for everything. I just love to be organised :dohh:
So anyway after this essay I will just say, I'd love to join you girlies.
Jay900- NTNP #1: October 2018

My baby arrived on Friday at 38w 5d! We can't believe he's here already. He turned out to be a boy and we have named him Nolan Thomas. I can't believe I started this journey here in this group a little over a year ago. I was so nervous and unsure I was ready and yet eager to start trying at the same time. Now, just like that, I'm a mom and slowly, but surely figuring out this whole parenting thing!

Congrats karoo!! Such a wonderful name! Welcome to Mommyhood!!!

It's your month March TTC/NTNPers! Best of luck and lots of baby dust to you all. Don't forget to keep us updated please. :flower: :dust:

*March 2018*

LadyVictoria - Baby #1

Jasy - Baby #2

Stacip - Baby #2

Demotivated - Baby #2

lesondemavie - Baby #2

ssarahh - Baby #2, going team :yellow:

Bumblebee24 - Baby #2, NTNP and going team :yellow:

blauren - Baby #1

Sophie1205 - Baby #2

JennP - Baby #1

BrittneyAnne - Baby #1

aidensxmomma (Terah) - Baby #5 (Baby #2 with OH) :yellow:

sarah34 - Baby #2

AnjaaniPari - Baby #1 w/ PCOS, taking Clomid

Karoolia - Congrats on the birth of your baby boy! You chose a great name for him. I hope that the two of you are doing well. I moved you to the "Babies Born" section of the list. <3 :cloud9:

Jay900 - Welcome to the group! :wave: :flower:
I got you added to the list. I hope that everything goes well with your finances and that it doesn't take long for your cycles to regulate when you come off birth control later this year.

Alligator - I'm doing well, just been very busy. Things are going really well for me as a Softbums ambassador and I've been getting back into hobbies that I had before I became a mom. We're officially financially stable now too. The one thing that doesn't seem to be going right is convincing my DH to start trying for another baby later this year. My baby fever is terrible and I'm so ready but he's not even remotely ready. :cry:
My DD's 2nd birthday is also in just 2 more days! My dad and step-mom are coming down this weekend for it and we got her a Leap Pad Ultimate. She'll always wanting to borrow her big brother's Leap Pad so we figured it was time for her to have her own. She's have all of the same apps as her brother too since the Leap Pads are both linked to the same Leap Frog parent account. We're getting her a Sofia the First cake as well since it's her favorite show.
How have you been? How is your pregnancy going?

Sorry haven't posted here in forever. Due March 13th and expecting little man to arrive any day now :) He is genetically healthy (lost our daughter to a genetic condition).

Kalon good luck convincing DH! I am sure the financially stable bit will help you out <3

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->