Waiting and waiting and waiting 2021 momas

Hi! A little about me, I'm 30 years old, my husband and I started TTC in July 2020, I got pregnant at the first try but unfortunately it was a CP. For the next couple of months there was no luck. Then, we decided to stop trying, this has been a really hard year for me so far... With a couple of family tragedies happening, and now my mother has been diagnosed with cancer. We these past months I haven't been thinking about that at all... But, now we're planning to start trying again in February 2021, that will give me a little time to hopefully loose a little weight, and I think my family is ready to finally get good news so I think a baby will be for the best
Right now I'm thinking Leah for a girl and Maximo for a boy (btw we are from Spain).
What names are in your mind??
Good luck to you all

Hello hon.

I'm so so sorry to hear about ure mum. And sorry for ure loss.

If it helps I've also had 4 early losses (chemical pregnancies) this year in April June July and the last one was in October.
So feel free to talk about ure loss hon because they are still losses even if they were very early on in the pregnancy.

We was originally going to start trying in January 2021 but we decided to start much earlier because of ages.
I'm almost 41 this month and DH is 45 but will be 46 in May.
So I came off the mini pill in February and we have been trying since.

Can't believe we're at the point of being very close to our original starting to try month.

Wishing u the very best for February hon and a baby is definitely the kind of lovely good news u need.

I'm on cd6 and just waiting to start doing opks again.
I will be taking a pregnancy test around the 22nd December and im so hoping and praying I will get a blazing positive BFP and a supper sticky healthy little baby.

Thank you for joining my thread hon and I'm so sorry again for the horrible year u have had.
2020 has been such a horrible year all around we need some good things happening and I really hope and pray for both of us its a healthy little baby :hugs:

@Suggerhoney thank you for your beautiful words :-( yes it's all been really painful. I remember you from the testing threads, I'm sorry you had another loss, I hope December is your lucky month [-o<

So sorry about October's loss.

Nice to have some answered questions now with blood work done and onto the miscarry unit where I hope you receive all the support possible to help you along your journey:hugs:

Here in Ireland we have just announced the first recurrent miscarriage unit to open at main hospital in Dublin! That's how far behind we are.

Heard about macca root before, I'm a from believer in natural wholisitic remedies and good positive attitude towards these things but also understand the heartache you've been through. I had one MC 7yrs ago I can't image how this whole year must have felt for you.

Write a letter to yourself asking for what it is you really need this Christmas. Put it under your pillow sleep on it and write down the first thing that has come up for you in the morning. A little exercise of checking in with yourself. I don't know if you're interested but for some reason I wanted to suggest something for you.

Myself and OH had another convo. About bringing our first child into the world together this week. He reassures me that he's ready just for me to say when. Which is hard as I'm due to begin a new job next wk. So I'll need my foot in the door there for 6months first before we go ahead as I'd like to secure employment for my own financial security before I take on another little mouth to feed :shrug:

Hi! A little about me, I'm 30 years old, my husband and I started TTC in July 2020, I got pregnant at the first try but unfortunately it was a CP. For the next couple of months there was no luck. Then, we decided to stop trying, this has been a really hard year for me so far... With a couple of family tragedies happening, and now my mother has been diagnosed with cancer. We these past months I haven't been thinking about that at all... But, now we're planning to start trying again in February 2021, that will give me a little time to hopefully loose a little weight, and I think my family is ready to finally get good news so I think a baby will be for the best
Right now I'm thinking Leah for a girl and Maximo for a boy (btw we are from Spain).
What names are in your mind??

That's very tough news to bear right now @elencor I hope your mam gets the chance to receive worthy treatment to help you all get through it together :hugs::hugs:

And my condolences for your loss :sad1: xx

Taking a break to spend the Christmas without that hectic two week wait is a good idea for all that you have going on. I hope by Feb. Your spirits are up and ready to get down to business :dance:

Leah is a lovely name, my partner has a DD from a previous relationship with that name, she is 18 now and a lovely admirable young lady indeed!

I haven't stuck to when exactly we'll try just yet as I'm about to begin a new job also am in my 2nd year of my degree, studying as a mature student so it's all a little too hectic for more plans right now. I'm broody as heck none the less!! :cloud9:

Names, I would love Donnacha (Irish) for a boy
I love Skylar for a girl just call her Sky for short

@Becomeamum thank you so much ! Yes she will soon have surgery and some other treatment very soon and I really hope everything will be okay.... :hugs:
Do you plan on starting TTC while still studying the degree or waiting until you finish?
Never heard of Donnacha before but I love it I always like Irish names haha I'm in love with Saoirse

@Becomeamum thank you so much ! Yes she will soon have surgery and some other treatment very soon and I really hope everything will be okay.... :hugs:
Do you plan on starting TTC while still studying the degree or waiting until you finish?
Never heard of Donnacha before but I love it I always like Irish names haha I'm in love with Saoirse

Hold onto that hope & let it be your guide xx

I don't know when exactly we will TTC. I'm studying at home now due to COVID and wishing we were already pregnant :roll: you know that sort of way.. We NTNP back in Aug. to no avail and we put it down to not great timing etc. :(

I was upset with BFN as you do. It took a while for me to even want anything back in the bedroom which is not cool for our relationship. I don't know if anyone else gets like this but little bit of the blues kicked in for me, I suppose.

Anyway that's not so much the case now thankfully and I just don't want too much pressure emphasis as we're only going to be together 3years come Feb 2021.

We have plenty of time, still living in a one bed apartment, I've two years of a degree to complete still and a new job to juggle so as I can try and secure a permanent contract. Do I have to have all these in check first? Yes, no, maybe, I don't know, some perhaps? Just to make life a little easier. But when is life ever that simple or easy?? Haha

Sorry just rantin n ravin! I saw the most beautiful little baby outfit online at the wkend and I had to try my hardest not to buy it, the Broodiness is just like a fever for me all year burning up inside me. I even showed him and asked him could I buy it just to keep. He said maybe that's a little bit much. But what do men know haha. He's ready whenever I am he says.

Saoirse is a beautiful name! The sounds to it are just lovely.

How are you and your precious little family doing? I used to work with a girl called Saoirse and she actually moved out to one of the islands off Spain last year with her partner and two kids. Nice of you to remind me of her name

@Becomeamum I think there's never a perfect moment to have a baby :lol: but I'm sure you'll make the right choice!

For me it's definitely not a good time, a lot of bad things have happened to me recently and I have anxiety and some mild depression symptoms, that's why we decided to postpone TTC for a few months, so I can first take better care for myself. Nevertheless, we NTNP this month so I'll be testing in like 10 days O:) feels good to be excited about something again, although when it comes a BFN it will be disappointing.

Is Saoirse a frequent name in Ireland? Is it becoming super popular because of the actress? I find Irish names impressively gorgeous, Ive got a friend named Cillian and I love it too, wish I were Irish lol

@Becomeamum I think there's never a perfect moment to have a baby :lol: but I'm sure you'll make the right choice!

For me it's definitely not a good time, a lot of bad things have happened to me recently and I have anxiety and some mild depression symptoms, that's why we decided to postpone TTC for a few months, so I can first take better care for myself. Nevertheless, we NTNP this month so I'll be testing in like 10 days O:) feels good to be excited about something again, although when it comes a BFN it will be disappointing.

Is Saoirse a frequent name in Ireland? Is it becoming super popular because of the actress? I find Irish names impressively gorgeous, Ive got a friend named Cillian and I love it too, wish I were Irish lol

Awww hon I to suffer with alot of depression and anxiety.
I have Bipolar disorder and all these losses have really played havoc on my mental health.
I do feel a little excited at the moment with symptoms im getting but I know if I get BFN or I have a 5th loss im going to be right down at rock bottom.
That last loss in October really took its toll I really didn't think I was going to get over it but I did.

But the fear is always there , what if it happens again?

I wish I cud just make it stop and just think positively but its so tough.

Sending u some great big hugs hon

@Suggerhoney it's really tough but try and think of all the good things in your life like your family! Even if this isn't your lucky month for a take home baby.
But your symptoms are promising so best of luck to you!!
I'm just 3 dpo, can't believe how slowly time goes by when you're in the tww. Can't wait to test...

Hi hon im 13dpo just waiting for AF. All my symptoms vanished at 8dpo and had nothing but BFNs. So now the wait to bleed again, then on to cycle number 11 ttc:-(

I hope ure ok

I've started a new job in care, been so busy worked my ass off over Christmas even Christmas day! Also had end of year exams in college hence been really quite on here. But thinking of you both.

How was your Christmas spent?

Gosh hon u have been busy bless you.

Sadly I was out again and AF arrived 2 days late.
Onto Jan for me now which was when I first planning to start ttc.

Gosh hon u have been busy bless you.

Sadly I was out again and AF arrived 2 days late.
Onto Jan for me now which was when I first planning to start ttc.

Yes indeed but I had a wonderful Christmas Dinner spent with the lovely service users of where I work. It is truly challenging yet heart warming at the same time. Although I feel like I missed out on Christmas it's just passed by me at home in a sense then again hasn't everyone had someone missing at the table due to COVID or worse..

Ah I am delighted to hear that you are nearing your original planned date I hope fate will work its way into your lives as expected. Also saddened by your experiences this year thus far.

I'm more eager to plan and try again in February so we can have our own little family next Christmas! I haven't had a chance to chat with himself about it just yet. I have a week off come tomorrow ill relax and enjoy it and see if the conversation comes up. I'm taking my hands off the reigns for now and letting it be. The way the world is right now I think it's very apt to just go with the flow.

Hope you had a nice time over the holidays, you have a little one for santy don't you? If memory serves me correctly

Happy new year hon.

Sorry I've not been on here for a while I had to take time out because my AF was late and then arrived at 19dpo very heavy and I was so low so I just had to stay away from here.
Now cd 9 and feeling better.
And ready to try again when ovulation comes around.
I hope this will be my month at last or February latest.
This is month 11 ttc now I just hope that all the losses in 2020 are now a thing of the past and the next one will be sticky and healthy.

Yes the covid cases rising and being in lockdown again is so scary.
It makes me worry a bit about ttc but being 41 I don't have time on my hands so must keep trying.

Glad u had a lovely Christmas.
Mine was nice to apart from knowing I wasn't pregnant and the never ending cycle.
Hope this cycle isn't as long or even better ends with a blaring BFP.
Yes my youngest son is 16 months old and he gives me so much joy.

Hope I can give him a little brother or sister to grow up with sometime this year.

Good luck to you to hon.

(I may have said this already, I don't know but what the hell.) In, what September/October(?) my boyfriend of 5 years dumped me completely out of the blue, without giving any reason. So I've decided that if I can't find another man, I'll have a sperm donor when I turn 40. That's 11 years from May. Please, God, let me find a husband and a father. But I'm not holding out much hope. My mum, who is a trained midwife, has agreed to be a birth partner in that case. She actually explained how difficult it is to be a parent on the way home from work tonight. I understand right now in my life, I'm not ready. But I am damn scared I won't ever be ready. I am just so desperate to have a son I love him already. Although, a friend of mine whose learning difficulties are a bit more severe than mine has 2 beautiful children. Suppose if she can do it, I can too? ‍♀️ God, I'm hopeless.

(I may have said this already, I don't know but what the hell.) In, what September/October(?) my boyfriend of 5 years dumped me completely out of the blue, without giving any reason. So I've decided that if I can't find another man, I'll have a sperm donor when I turn 40. That's 11 years from May. Please, God, let me find a husband and a father. But I'm not holding out much hope. My mum, who is a trained midwife, has agreed to be a birth partner in that case. She actually explained how difficult it is to be a parent on the way home from work tonight. I understand right now in my life, I'm not ready. But I am damn scared I won't ever be ready. I am just so desperate to have a son I love him already. Although, a friend of mine whose learning difficulties are a bit more severe than mine has 2 beautiful children. Suppose if she can do it, I can too? ‍♀️ God, I'm hopeless.

Of coarse you can hon. I also think u will meet ure Mr right soon.
I got married at 33 and im now 41.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"