Waiting for AF after M/C, anyone else? OCBM

Blue - Nevada is doing well! She had her check-up today! She is already 12 lb 12 oz and 24.4" long! I've attached a couple pics. Gotta run though because she just woke up!

Attachments

• cutie.jpg
    cutie.jpg
    20.5 KB · Views: 7
  • cutie2.jpg
    cutie2.jpg
    23.4 KB · Views: 8
Sara, that's amazing that the other woman could provide enough milk for Emily and her child - what a wonderful gift. I hope you're doing well :)

LL, I never thought I would co-sleep either, now I wonder how people manage without co-sleeping! I hope the sleeping situation will improve for both of us soon. It's funny, even when he has the rare night of sleeping a little longer, I still wake up after about 2 hours. I love those pics of Nevada!! She's such a cutie! And growing fast!

Dreaming, I hope your kitty is doing better! Your symptoms are sounding good, fingers crossed you get your sticky bfp soon!!

Blue, I sure hope his sleep improves in a couple months. I called the baby nurse last week and she said some babies are "just like that" and his sleep should improve around 1 year... not really the answer I was looking for, lol. How exciting that you're ordering the baby furniture!! You'll have to show us a picture of the nursery when it's done :) I had fears like that especially near the end of my pregnancy too - I'm sure she's doing just fine in there though, and she'll be here before you know it!

Bright, your chart is looking great!!

AFM, Rowan is getting over his first cold, the poor little guy. He's been happy still during the day, but he gets quite congested and upset when I put him down at night and is waking up a lot. He seems to be on the mend though so hopefully tonight will be better. I could use some sleep!

Lindsay - Sorry Rowan is sick! I sure hope he recovers quickly! And I definitely hope both our sleep situations improve soon! Haha. I'm totally with you on wondering how anyone survives without any co-sleeping whatsoever!

Dream it could just be your first period after mc ! Please dont think if you do bleed that you lost another pregnancy. Still have my fingers crossed for you.

lit- she is doing super ! She is such a beautiful girl!!! Shes getting big quick too! She has a real girlie face! <3

linds- no i dont think thats what id want to here either haha! I hope it will be before one. Never know after his cold has cleared he might pick up and sleep better then. My friend gave me a really helpful tip... she took the side off of her cot and attached the cot to the bed so you dont have to lift baby up out of the cot and he/shes already there to feed. Shes a midwife and done this with her second and third child and swear by it. She says because they are so close its like co sleeping but they are safer in there cot bit. Lol so going to give that a bash... worth a try. Lol xxx

Good morning ladies,

How is everyone doing today?

Lindsay - Thank you!! I am trying not to get my hopes up high. I just keep thinking about AF is coming and I will be starting IVF cycle. But I really deep down inside hope that this cycle is it and I get my BFP and not have to do IVF.

Lindsay - Rowan is adorable. Hope his cold is all gone soon. For his congestion, you can rub Vicks or Mentholatum on the bottom of his feet Nd then put socks on him.

LL - Nevada is precious. I love the towel pics. Have those of all my babies.

Dreaming - Sometimes your first AF after loss can be a bit strange. I hope your rainbow BFP happens very soon.

Bright - your chart is looking good. I hope you don't have to move on to IVF because you get your BFP before then.

Blue - I received a cosleeper as a gift for our 3rd child. It was made to attach to the bed. Although I didn't really put the baby in there (still seemed too far to me after cosleeping with my others) I kept it attached as I didn't have to worry about the baby rolling off the bed because it was there.

Did you co-sleep with all kids ? Where they ok sleepers? Did you breast feed ? Xxx

Blue - just a quick tip (take it or leave it): even if you don't plan on co-sleeping, I'll tell you right now that breastfeeding in the side-lying position in bed at night is a lifesaver! You can drift off while they feed if you feel comfortable...or you can at least avoid the over stimulation of getting all the way up for them and exhausting yourself and possibly even having trouble falling asleep after! Also because they are on their side, the excess dribble just runs out and I find they are less gassy/burpy this way (at least in my case where I have an over active let down). I usually fall asleep while she's feeding, wake up, give her a quick burp and put her back in her bassinet. Just FYI! Have you taken any prenatal classes?

Crys - thanks! Hehe it's funny how cute they look in towels!

Bright - I hope this is your cycle as well.

Lit I did exactly the same as you, usually for like the 5-6am feed when I wanted to go back to sleep. We also had some lovely day time naps just like that in my bed!!

All of the babies are gorgeous ladies, thanks for sharing! X

LL- Nevada is precious and I love her unique name.

Lindsay- I love Rowan as a name too. I hope he starts to feel better soon. My kitty is feeling much better, he still needs to be closely monitored for the next few days but I think we are out of the woods. Which is great, not only for him but also for our wallets.

I had been feeling very sick this weekend, while he was away at the hospital, all my negative symptoms seemed to be doubles and I couldn't eat much at all. But once he was back in my arms I almost instantly felt better. I still have symptoms but they are more manageable now.

I am now 18 DPO and temp is still above the cover line although it was a bit lower this morning then the last two days. I try not to focus to much on each tenth of a degree though because It was cooler in the room last night and I have been getting up a bit earlier to give kitty his meds. I am still spotting but it is much lighter today. My boobs are fuller and my areolas look like they are popping a bit.

I was planning to test on Friday but I think I will wait till Sat morning because I want to test the FMU and I don't want to go to work right after since I know I will either be too excited to hide it or upset if it comes up neg.

Blue, I've heard that idea about putting the crib next to the bed with a side off as well. I had considered it, however like Crys said, it still seems quite far away. He likes to be cuddled up right next to me, although the last few days he has been rolling over to have his own space so maybe if that continues I'll consider it again. I'm actually getting a bit worried he might roll off the bed now, and have been making sure he's right in the middle.

Crys, thanks for the tip! He's asleep now but I'll try it tomorrow if he's still congested. How long did you co-sleep with your babies?

LL, I agree 100% with everything you said about nursing in side lying, definitely a life saver!

Bright, when are you going to test?

Dreaming, so glad to hear your kitty is doing better and back home now. Glad to hear you're feeling better too :) You should put your chart in your signature so we can chart stalk you as well!

Lindsay - I was going to test today but temp dropped this morning. So I wil just wait for AF happily!! How have you been?

Thanks for the tips ladies! Need to get breastfeeding down to a T before i can try it side on haha! Hope I will be able too. Xxx

Bright and dream fingers crossed for you guys !

im cycle day 14 today and thought maybe i was near ov as this morning was rather dark opk just did another and its barely visable grrr

I woke up this morning to AF :sad2: I really had my hopes up that I would be pregnant right away again but I guess that is not the case. I am a bit confused by the fact that I had a 37 day cycle since I am normally 31 days and I had all the same symptoms as last month. But like Blue and a lot of you said periods can be tricky after a loss. I do still catch myself wondering if it was another loss since it was exactly the same length as last month, similar symptoms and I didn't test this month to see if it would have been positive or not. But I have been trying to not get stuck in that cycle of thought. I was in a lot more pain, had no energy, and just felt plain sick last month during my loss. This time It just feels normal. Since my loss was so early last month the nurse at the doctors office said to count that as my period and dropped some conflicting statements saying I had not been pregnant and using the terms blighted ovum in the same sentence. A friend of mine had also had a blighted ovum in August of last year and it took her a cycle for her body to reset, so she has been counseling me to think the same way, and consider this my first period after my loss. She conceived her rainbow baby on her next cycle. I just hope that the next time I feel every pregnancy symptom in the book, I am actually pregnant again. I don't know if my DH can handle me feeling pregnant each month without the rewards of a sticky bean.

Did you co-sleep with all kids ? Where they ok sleepers? Did you breast feed ? Xxx

I did cosleep with all of mine, even the twins. They slept well but woke up every 3-4 hours to nurse early on. I just nursed them side lying like Lit said and switched to the other side the next time they woke.

Blue, I've heard that idea about putting the crib next to the bed with a side off as well. I had considered it, however like Crys said, it still seems quite far away. He likes to be cuddled up right next to me, although the last few days he has been rolling over to have his own space so maybe if that continues I'll consider it again. I'm actually getting a bit worried he might roll off the bed now, and have been making sure he's right in the middle.

Crys, thanks for the tip! He's asleep now but I'll try it tomorrow if he's still congested. How long did you co-sleep with your babies?

I started moving them out of the bed between 8 and 12 months, when they were sleeping most of the night.

Thanks for the tips ladies! Need to get breastfeeding down to a T before i can try it side on haha! Hope I will be able too.

For the first few weeks while you're both getting used to breastfeeding, you have to sit up to nurse. As well, in the beginning you usually have to change diapers each time they wake. After a month or so, they've settled into nursing and don't usually poop overnight and you can start nursing on your side. Just make sure you switch each time. This also gives you the much needed roll over you'll need after being on on side for a few hours. For the first couple months I stay awake to make sure their nose is not covered. Once they are bigger and know how to move around and keep their nose back I allow myself to doze back off while they nurse.

Thanks crys!! Very useful tips! How are you feeling this pregnancy? Your scan is soon right? I'm losing my days!

Dream there could be many reasons that you felt those symptoms. Hormones coming out of your system etc. Please don't get yourself down thinking it was another loss. It can take months for your body to regulate after mc.

Whisper - have you been bding regularly anyway ? Xxx

You're welcome. Anything I can help with I'm glad to share.

I'm feeling well. My scan is Monday!

Mrs w - aww! That makes me happy we are/were samesies in the sleeping department. Hahaa with all the different ways to parent it feels like a relief to hear someone does things like you.

Crys - how did your scan end up going? I hope all is well!

Dreaming - thank you! Sorry about your confusing cycle. I think I would count this as your first period. A miscarriage is not a period, blighted ovum or not!

Lindsay - hehe, glad you can agree! Is Rowan sleeping any better yet? I was reading up on the 4 month sleep regression last night because now I am terrified. I hope Rowan sleeps more soon!

Blue - I can't wait for you to experience this all as well! Soon you will be sharing tips as well!

My scan went well. Everything measured perfectly. No answer on gender. Baby was facing us. Legs were closed and umbilical cord in the way. Started kicking one leg but still kept them close. Doctor kept saying boy, girl, umbilical cord. Then said this baby is confusing. Come back in 3 weeks so we can check again.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->