Waiting for AF after M/C, anyone else? OCBM

Well my beta has gone down......

.....by 1......

.....in a week!

ARGH xx

Did they give you any indication why it might be dropping so slowly? I can only imagine how frustrating that must be!

Well, I finally called the doctor. Scan is booked for August 27 at 8 weeks + 2.... tried to push it back as far as they would let me. Appointment with the OB in Sept at 10 weeks. Unfortunately I do have to go back to the same scan place... they reserve spots for that particular doctor so it is easier to book appointments and can be done so in a more timely manner. Oh well, I'm sure I will manage.

I'm glad you called. Praying you have an experience a million times better this time. :hugs:

I came across this site through a FB friend. After reading their definition of rainbow I like the term rainbow baby so much more. So many sweet things on this site. Here are two I really like.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    21.7 KB · Views: 5
https://www.rememberingourbabies.net/store/Default.asp

The site made me cry so just a heads up.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    20 KB · Views: 2
Nina- Yep, I am charting! I haven't been as careful about paying attention to *every* detail this month, though, since I am not trying. I hope I am like you and feel like I have a fresh start once O is over and done with! I can't wait til AF comes for once (never thought I'd be saying that)!

That is scary about your stabbing pains. I hope it's nothing serious. Do you think it could be ligament pain? I know I was super worried about some stabbing pains several months ago and sometimes they would double me over when I stood up too quickly, but it turned out to be a strained inguinal ligament. Unfortunately, 7 months later, my ligament *still* is bothering me.

bluestars- Haha! Well, we aren't being too productive because I am waiting until AF comes to start trying again. That's why I'm so anxious to get O over with!

Nat - Wow, that is really frustrating and confusing about your levels going down so slowly! I wonder what is going on! Keep us updated. :)

Lindsay - That is great you booked your ultrasound. I am sure it will be okay even though it's at the same place. I really hope you have an amazing experience this time around! Hopefully it's all up from here! How are your worry/stress levels at this point? And I'm sure I missed it -- but what is your due date?

Crys - Thanks for sharing that site! It's nice that some people really care about supporting those who have experienced pregnancy/infant loss.

Nina- Yep, I am charting! I haven't been as careful about paying attention to *every* detail this month, though, since I am not trying. I hope I am like you and feel like I have a fresh start once O is over and done with! I can't wait til AF comes for once (never thought I'd be saying that)!

That is scary about your stabbing pains. I hope it's nothing serious. Do you think it could be ligament pain? I know I was super worried about some stabbing pains several months ago and sometimes they would double me over when I stood up too quickly, but it turned out to be a strained inguinal ligament. Unfortunately, 7 months later, my ligament *still* is bothering me.

bluestars- Haha! Well, we aren't being too productive because I am waiting until AF comes to start trying again. That's why I'm so anxious to get O over with!

Nat - Wow, that is really frustrating and confusing about your levels going down so slowly! I wonder what is going on! Keep us updated. :)

Lindsay - That is great you booked your ultrasound. I am sure it will be okay even though it's at the same place. I really hope you have an amazing experience this time around! Hopefully it's all up from here! How are your worry/stress levels at this point? And I'm sure I missed it -- but what is your due date?

Crys - Thanks for sharing that site! It's nice that some people really care about supporting those who have experienced pregnancy/infant loss.

The first AF is a very bittersweet moment. It's crazy how much I wanted to see a BFN and then AF. Just reminded me my goal!
I think it is ligament pain, even though I know it's not supposed to happen until later on in pregnancy, I got it starting week 4, pretty much the day AF was due, if not before. Since it is a pain I've felt before I'm less worried. If it was some strange pain- I would be much more worried!

Hello Ladies,

Nat - Your beta sounds so confusing. You should definitely push to get seen with a scan included. Could well be there's a tiny bit of something in there (I know you wouldn't expect that with a chemical though). It's so much easier to move on from a m/c when you know you have control again and can look forwards but you won't be able to do that with the confusing results. Is there not some medicine they can give you to flush it all out?? Thinking of you x:hugs:

Nina - I hope it is just ligament pain and you shortly get it resolved on Sunday. Throwaway comment.... could this mean you're close to getting a BFP...??[-o< Your sweeping gadget sounds awesome!:thumbup: I have a bad case of OCD, wasn't a problem until I met hubby, he has OCD too!! The other problem we have is I like to control the cleaning etc, do things in a set order, to even wiping tiles down etc and so our biggest arguements are over who's going to clean what and in which order!! Needless to say I'd love to hand it over to a robot I could programme!!!:wacko:

Bluestars - I hope Aunt Flow's visit wasn't too tiresome of painful? You'll be back to baby dancing duties soon!!:winkwink:

Lindsay - Glad you booked the appointment for the scan and appointment with the midwife. I know what you mean about pushing the scan to as late as possible, I've got mine when I'm 8 weeks and 2 days too. Still haven't had the midwife appointment through yet but I miscarried on the date of the midwife appointment last time and had to call to tell them, which was hard. So I'm not too concerned with that appointment for now. Do you have anymore symptoms?

LiteratiLove - I know how hard it is waiting for something to happen, anything to happen!! I waited and waited and waited for ovulation and it took 6 weeks, so it's good your body is hopefully slotting back so quickly. Will you be trying again next cycle? Good luck x

Crysshae - That link you sent is lovely.:hugs: I really struggled to find nice things when I put a box together after my miscarriage. It's hard, as all you really have is maybe an appointment card, maybe a scan pic, and positive tests. I bought lots of small random things I'd wanted to buy for the baby and put them in the box. I struggled to find a fitting card I could put some words into, that website is amazing and only wish I'd found it before.

Update from me, no more symptoms really. I've also realised I guess I might not have the normal 12 week scan now? As that's being done at 8 weeks?? If I don't get one, we've decided to pay to get one done at 12 weeks anyway. I'd like the reassurance and definitely see that as the next milestone, if and when all being well, the first one goes ok. I pulled the doppler out the other day, funny!! Obviously couldn't find anything but had lots of fun with hubby trying to distinguish the sounds.

xxxx

Crys they are so sweet!!

Af was painless and quick! First time since feb!! Phew!

Lets just cruise threw this cycle ! Xxxx

Aleeah, I used to be such a clean freak, but then I moved in with DH and the house got crowded and I got lazy, and by then it was too much of a mess to actually clean up!
I plan on being the queen of clean once again!
DH is a slight slob though :(
I'll make it work! Mwhahaha- I love bleach!

I'm super wet down there today, but also got a bit of a glob of yellowish, well, sticky glob. Not like EWCM. I was thinking maybe it was leftover from last night when we DTD, it freaked me out because I know it can mean infection. But it was only that once, so hopefully it was just DH.
I used to get a lot of yeast infections, so just the though of something wrong down there gets me itching!
It's super hot here :( I hope everyone has a great (and cool!) weekend <3

Update from me, no more symptoms really. I've also realised I guess I might not have the normal 12 week scan now? As that's being done at 8 weeks?? If I don't get one, we've decided to pay to get one done at 12 weeks anyway. I'd like the reassurance and definitely see that as the next milestone, if and when all being well, the first one goes ok. I pulled the doppler out the other day, funny!! Obviously couldn't find anything but had lots of fun with hubby trying to distinguish the sounds.

xxxx

Wouldn't they still do the 12-week scan to check for the nuchal cord and such, or do they only do that for older moms? I thought it was pretty standard for everyone now....

I'm going to get a Doppler too. I would love to be able to check on baby any time I want.

Crys they are so sweet!!

Af was painless and quick! First time since feb!! Phew!

Lets just cruise threw this cycle ! Xxxx
Woohoo for quick and painless cycles. I hope your more relaxed approach gets you a BFP soon!

I'm super wet down there today, but also got a bit of a glob of yellowish, well, sticky glob. Not like EWCM. I was thinking maybe it was leftover from last night when we DTD, it freaked me out because I know it can mean infection. But it was only that once, so hopefully it was just DH.
I used to get a lot of yeast infections, so just the though of something wrong down there gets me itching!
It's super hot here :( I hope everyone has a great (and cool!) weekend <3
Yellow can also mean high progesterone...as long as you have no itching or foul odor. If your progesterone is high enough, it can even turn your CM green every now and then.

We are back to 100+ days. I sure liked it when we were having weird weather for us, quite a few rainy cool days last month.

AFM - I'm confused about my chart. Since I wasn't even thinking about following anything at the beginning, I'm not sure what my CM was doing, and now FF shows a tentative O date (dotted crosshairs) of CD10. I thought it was odd that I had a metallic taste in my mouth yesterday and a couple days before that. Then yesterday morning I was overly hungry. I don't usually eat breakfast, and the increased appetite doesn't usually happen until a few days to a week after O.

Even though I didn't follow much, I did note on my chart when I had increased sex drive which is usually around O, and those days actually do coincide with the day FF picked. I was still waiting on O, thinking my temps were abnormally high for pre-O but still watching for it to rise....as it's not as high as it usually is post-O....not realizing my symptoms probably meant it had already happened early. :dohh: So unless something changes, I guess I get to have no definite idea what's going on this entire month. Lol.

crysshae,
Is high progesterone OK?
I thought low was bad? No odor and it didn't happen again.

I take it you're not using OPK... Can you share your chart? (I'm so nosy)

High progesterone in the luteal phase is good. You want plenty of it.

I've never used OPKs. You can see my chart by clicking on my ticker. I'm always nosy too. It's okay. :haha:

LL - I hope the rest of this cycle goes quickly for you so you can get back to ttc! My stress levels are all over the place, I have moments where I'm fine, and other moments where I think about how very early it still is and worry about how much could go wrong. I'm trying to take it one day at a time and not get too wrapped up in the "what ifs" because I can't change the outcome. I'm finding I am not excited as I was last time I got a bfp, feeling rather detached from it actually. My husband is more excited than me which is opposite from last time, lol. I'm hoping that if the scan goes well, I can let myself start to get excited. EDD is April 6.

Blue - I googled the Isle of Tiree, looks like a beautiful place! Have you lived there your whole life? I see what you mean about it being a bit of a journey to get to the mainland!

Aleeah - I wish my husband was ocd about cleaning, lol. I've been secretly trying to teach him how to clean properly since we got married with limited success, lol. Oh well, he does most of the cooking so I suppose it's a fair trade. I've still kinda got the same symptoms - boob hurt, tired during the day, insomnia at night, and the nausea is starting to creep in a bit. I was also wondering if I'd get a 12 week scan as I am going for an 8 week one, I forgot to ask when I was on the phone. Oh well, I suppose I will find out when the time comes.

Nina - lol, you make me laugh. I hope the pains are just ligament pain and nothing serious... maybe it's a good sign ;) I hope it cools down over there. This morning is quite cool and cloudy here - we've had 36 or 37 days of consecutive sun and high temps which is really really unusual here... looks like it's coming to an end now.

Crys - sounds like O has already happened, but I guess you won't know for sure unless your temps jump up, or AF comes (but I've got my fingers crossed that sh won't!!)

Nat - how are you doing this morning? When do you leave for your weekend away?

Al - I don't have a box or anything as I didn't get that far. I'm thinking about getting one of those for my desk though.

Thank you, Lindsay. Me too! Sorry you're getting nausea, but happy too. That's a great symptom!

If I'm honest, my symptoms this entire cycle have been different. Pretty much everything has seemed different than the previous months. :shrug: I've been charting since January. I'm hoping that's a good thing and means my hormones have reset or something and are working the way they should.

Sure is a mission!

Nina could be a good sign i got that when i got my bfp last time.

Crys it looks like you have caught it anyway if it was day 10.

I wish that O was the same day each month (me preferably a bit earlier!) so we didnt have to bother with all of this temp and opk rubbish.

Whats everyone doing this weekend? xxx

The same day every month would be easier for sure.

Yeah...definitely caught it if that's the correct day. And probably won't have caught it if it turned out to be today...which would usually be the last possible day I would O...as DH has been tired from work this week.

We are having a pool party for the twins' birthday this weekend. They are going to be 11 next Wednesday. Time flies way too quickly. I'm going to make a swimming pool cake tonight or in the morning. And try to figure out different things to do...although I'm sure they will all just want to play in the pool. I bought some of the sinking pool toys and a floating basketball hoop.

What will you be doing?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leoniee
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->