waiting for ivf and struggling!

Not heard from pinkie. Yes I think she was getting married in sept but she wanted to stay away for awhile too.
Maybe on honeymoon.

Melbrem it still be interesting for you have tubes checked. So surprised they didn't do all that before they let you start. They wouldn't let my do my 1st round until they had explored all things x

Holy Melbram, I can't believe they haven't done this test for you! They say sometimes women get preggers right after the lap because the pathway is more clear than before. It's must be reassuring and helpful having all that information, glad things are getting sorted with some new tests & different protocol for you.
Well Mummy, hopefully your bro has enough sense to stop at two with this lady. She sounds nightmarish.
I'm not going to meet with the potential donor friends at the same time, I'll ask the one lady who I graduated my degree program with first then the one I lived with after. The second lady has had AF issues (painful) and might have a hard time with IVF needles & transfer. The other lady's mom had 10 kids and I'm not as close to her yet we've had really good relations over the years. FX that she says yes, it'll be $13,000 vs $28,000 in order to have children.

My mum has warned him no more as she uses his daughter against him. If she's in a mood she doesn't let him have her they day.
Not fair.
She's such a daddies girl so wonder how she's going to react with the new baby.

I just hope she says yes for you.
She doesn't have kids already? X

Can't your bro just get a proper custody order from the courts to ensure his visitation & get rid of any stress about seeing his babies? My bro-in-law left this to the very end of his divorce and it makes me mad because she's always stealing the small amount of time he gets with them. That makes it very stressful for everyone involved, especially the children.

We just had our appt with the fs today talking about egg donation. They're great and are set to go with whatever we decide to do. Our known donor lady that we're going to ask doesn't have kids, she just met her dream man a few years ago. If she says yes the clinic wants to do counselling for us four and them and us separately. It feels good to have so much support and although I'm not religious, I'm praying every hour of every day that she says yes. I'd have the most beautiful children in the world and be working with one of the coolest people I've known in my short lifetime. I'm sure she's super fertile with her mom having 10 kids, anyway I don't want to get too excited. She arrives back from a trip from Jamaica tomorrow so we'll see when she can do coffee.
My fs had just got back from doing a donor/IVF seminar in Prague at one of the clinics we've considered, had loads to say. Has been a great day!
I hope yours has been too :flower:

2have4kids: Have you heard back off any of the ladies yet????

When we had our initial investigations and found out there was a male factor issue and nothing glaringly obvious from my scans the feeling was regardless of whether there is an issue with me IVF is our best and quickest option. I agreed so managed to skip the lap and dye and to be honest didnt really want it done because I felt it was a delay I didnt want because we would have to do IVF anyway. After my first cycle failed I asked for lap and dye and the nurse said that wasnt now possibe due to funding? nurse also told me on EC day OH's sperm are not analysed but the consultant I seen last week told me that was rubbish and told me the count etc!

2have4 - I can't believe the difference in price between donor eggs & not needing donor eggs, this must be so tough on so many couples in Canada. Wishing you all the luck in the world for asking your friends. It sounds like you've prepped well for it.

Mummy - glad to hear the babies are doing well. Not long now! From an observation point of view it does seem to have gone so quick. Your poor Bro sounds like this woman is a nightmare, so unfair on the kids & him. I'd hate to be a man when couples split up & there's kids involved. So wrong to use children in their parents disagreements.

Melbram - sounds like things went really well with the clinic. Fx'd for a natural pg. I've never had a lap & dye either. Looking back now we were not treated well at the start, luckily that consultant has left. I think they sometimes dont do this to save money if you have a healthy history. For us it's not worth it now as DH's sperm has dropped so much.

Bundles - looking forward to hearing about your next cycle.

Duck tales - hope all is well with you & baby.

Ill pm my name to those doing fb.

Afm: having a lovely time on holiday. Washington was brilliant now moved to NY. Had a busy few days; been to a college football game, did a 6 hour walking tour of Brooklyn yesterday & went to a comedy club. Today will be quieter, going to Central Park & some shops on the way back.
Tho we're having a break from IVF talk I can't help think about it, there are so many families everywhere which makes my heartache a little but also looking at how much some kids look like their dads & thinking should I do the IMSI for this? It's tough cos I don't think it will work & I don't want to do 2 more cycles.
And then the last 3 nights I've dreamt we decide to use a donor & feel sad but relieved when I wake up. Feels like my sleeping brain is trying to soothe my waking one.

Minxy: glad your having a good time. Maybe you should do lap and dye given it only takes 1 lil swimmer! I asked the consultant about IMSI and he said it wouldnt harm to use it but that IMSI has been around for about 5 years and if it was that great more clinics would be using it. When I initially spoke to the embryologist about it she said quite clearly that there was still not a lot of great data on IMSI so whilst it woldnt harm there is no real success rate to give yet

I have to say I do find it odd that IMSI has not once been put forward to me by any of the consultants/nurses I have seen, it was just something I stumbled upon on this forum. I would definately use it if I had to do round 3 but I think if we were in the situation where we had done 3 rounds and the consultants were suggesting donor I think I would plumb for donor

Hi all had my appointment today. Have been told that I need two natural periods, previously told only two cycles so quite annoyed. Thanks means will not probably start till late November and that all depends on when AF arrives.
The waiting continues

Hi everyone :wave:
Bundles, I'm sorry to hear about more waiting. That stinks. Did they let you know if it will be the same or different this round?
Minxy, Oh I'm so jealous, Central Park in the fall would be SO beautiful. And it really does sound like your brain is trying to relax yet still swollen with thoughts of what comes next...lol it's impossible to leave such deep seated desires behind.
Melbram, the lady I want to ask has her man going away after Oct 7th and wants to do girl stuff after then. So I've proposed a coffee & walk on our Thanksgiving Statuatory day off, Monday 14th. Gosh looking at it on the calendar right now makes it seem so far away! So more waiting. Bleh! I'm tempted to tell her I'd like to meet with her as soon as possible as I have something really important to ask her but then I know that while I explain my situation she'll be pre-qualifying /filtering things in a different light. I'd rather it have less expectation/pressure when I ask. How are you doing? When do you get started with next steps then?

Mummy, I'm sorry sleep has been so difficult for you! Can you wear ear plugs while you're in there? One more month, keep baking those little buns!

2have4kids hopefully time will fly so hard not to blurt it out to get it out there x I'm just waiting on an appointment at gynae now which I don't anticipate being for a good few weeks x in the meantime I'm getting into fitness and enjoying the odd glass of wine

Hey yeah plan will be the same. Will be on buserelin for 3 weeks and then fet.
Same here melbram going to get into fitness again keeps me occupied

hi everyone, sorry I have been AWOL, I went to Spain to visit my parents
it was lovely and warm and did lots of swimming in the sea which was so nice
back to cold rainy England
Minxy - I love NY, very jealous
Mummy - how are you feeling these days ?
Melbram - I had to have a lap and dye before they would do IVF, I have heard positive things about it improving your chance of a natural BFP
2hav4 - ooh good luck with chatting with the woman, sounds like your FS is fab as well
Bundles- the waiting game again, I pray it goes quickly for you

AFM, knackered after flying back today, have tomorrow off and then picking up my DH from Heathrow airport - he has been to Dar Es Salaam in Tanzania seeing his brother - I couldn't go because of the malaria, plus the long flight and food poisoning risks - he has been very unwell stomach wise since the day he arrived, not something I can risk.

xxx

Hey
Sorry haven't read back to catch up.
I was admitted to hospital on Tuesday with high blood pressure.
I was told for a 24 hour BP monitoring. Then they decided that I would be having steroid shots for the babies lungs incase they came early. They have to be done 24 hours apart. So the 1st 1 was at 9pm tues night then 9am Weds morning.
Then I was told I'd need to have my blood sugar levels monitored for 10-12 hours after the last shot as it keeps the sugar levels really high.
Saw the doctor this morning who told me my liver isn't functioning as it should and can be a sign that pre E is starting up.
Went for a liver scan today at 4pm and wasn't allowed to eat all day, it was very hard and I felt so sick. They can tell me the results of that until tomorrow but she found it hard to see the liver with the 2 babies there.
Also found out I have gallstones.
I now have to stay in hospital until the babies are delivered and depending what the liver outcome comes back at tomorrow they might decide to get me down for an emergency c section.
Just got to hope they can continue to cook for a bit longer as each day counts.
I'm only 32 weeks today and they would need a fair bit of care.

Will try catch up on everyone soon.

I have so many people texting me it gets a bit much, updating the same thing all the time x

Hi mummy
It must be so worrying for you both but you are in the best place at least you can get monitored 24 hours. Has your friend had her baby yet? It's nice you have someone around. how is your dh coping also. I guess he can't stay at the hospital with you?

Ducktales:Glad you had a nice break with your parents bet you will be glad to have DH back

Mummy: Jeez lady you are going through the mill! Cant believe you are having to stay in until they come you must be exhausted with being poked and prodded all the time! Hope they can keep them in a lil longer but im sure everything will be fine if they need to come out early. nerve-wracking but very exciting at the same time

My friend had her baby and Is in the ward across the hall from me.
Had a little girl called emmie and is totally gorgeous.
Spent an hour over there tonight.
So surreal. We are 5 days apart and so could our children be.
Hubby was as shocked as I was to be told I could have a section in a matter of days! But we just have to take 1 day at a time really. Just got to see what doctor says about my liver scan tomorrow x

Mummy good luck with the liver scan, I hope it's good news
Sorry you are going through all this stress but at least you are in the best place to be cared for.
Xxx

Waiting for the doctor to come up.
Had a crappy night. Well every night Is crappy in hospital but last night I was on a quiet ward and couldn't sleep until 4am as was so uncomfortable and itchy.

Will let you know results x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->