waiting for ivf and struggling!

Hi ladies, mummy I hope you had time to pack that baby bag if they're planning a section in a few days. You must be so excited, finally you're almost there!
How is everyone else, Bundles did they tell you when you start?

AFM, I've had a crappy night. My oh left Thursday night for Vancouver to visit his bro, bad stuff always seems to happen to me when he leaves, I really do think he's my lucky charm. My cat was hit by a car last night. I found her on the neighbours lawn. She has a GPS and I couldn't seem to find her because her leash wasn't jingling. Well, after the third time being out with a flashlight I nearly tripped over her. She was all curled up. I feel terrible. I wish I could just have babies and not have to lose pets all the time. Even when they're indoor pets (my other really gorgeous girl cat died in my arms from an asthma attack).
I've just emailed my friend again to bump up our coffee date meeting. I really need to get pregnant soon. I just feel so sad, my nerves are all raw.

2havw4kids that's awful x big hugs! Animals really are like our children I don't know what I will do when my dog passes away of old age (hes 11 now) even worse given the circumstances bless you x hope ur friend are able meet you soon and all being well yet things moving so you have something to work towards x

Keep thinking mummy could have had/be having the twinnies given no posts for a day or two!

Hi all

Sorry not updated you.
Had a very bad few days. I'm a roller coaster of emotions.

Had the liver scan. I wasn't allowed to eat all day.
Had the scan at 3.40 was out at 4 and a porter didn't come to pick me up until 5. I was feeling so so sick.
I was told I had gallstones.
Anyhoo a doctor came round the next morning to say that they thought my liver function was fine and the blood levels that were showing as rising before, he thought it was the gallstones causing extra bile making the liver show high results.

So I was told in the original plans before the scan, that they would take it day by day and see if they could get to 34 weeks. Then this doctor telling me, no its fine to let you carry on until your due date in just under 5 weeks time but I'd have to stay in until then.
So very mixed emotions. Thinking its best for the babies to stay in ASAP but not good for my mental state. A little while after I started to get upset as was thinking if all Is ok with my liver why do I have to stay in that long. I'm not sleeping as they mix you with induced ladies who are screaming moaning on gas and air all through the night, not go mention being on the heart beat monitors etc

So a midwife said ill get another doctor to come up and explain a bit better.
This doctor said your liver is slowing down as the levels are rising and she wasn't convinced it was just because of the gall stones and that they will still be doing blood tests every day to check levels and when they get to a certain point they can't let me carry on.
So now we are back to taking it day at a time and possibly born before 7 days time.

I got myself so upset because being told different things and then trying to get into my head that the babies would be in care for a long time, then maybe not so if I was allowed to get to 37 weeks and then down again to being born in a week possibly.
I just needed not to keep talking about it and repeating it all the time.

But when the time comes even if I haven't got the time or energy to fully update you, I'll just write had twins and if all ok and will fully update you when I can.

I see the doctor every day and then if the levels are high id be told that I'd be going down for a c section in a few hours or that afternoon!
Scary stuff.
They have put an extra week on my dates as both twins were measuring bigger. So I'm 33 weeks today.
Just got to hope they are fighters and don't need a lot of care time.

Hope everyone Is ok and I will read back through things soon xxx

Hi all

Sorry not updated you.
Had a very bad few days. I'm a roller coaster of emotions.

Had the liver scan. I wasn't allowed to eat all day.
Had the scan at 3.40 was out at 4 and a porter didn't come to pick me up until 5. I was feeling so so sick.
I was told I had gallstones.
Anyhoo a doctor came round the next morning to say that they thought my liver function was fine and the blood levels that were showing as rising before, he thought it was the gallstones causing extra bile making the liver show high results.

So I was told in the original plans before the scan, that they would take it day by day and see if they could get to 34 weeks. Then this doctor telling me, no its fine to let you carry on until your due date in just under 5 weeks time but I'd have to stay in until then.
So very mixed emotions. Thinking its best for the babies to stay in ASAP but not good for my mental state. A little while after I started to get upset as was thinking if all Is ok with my liver why do I have to stay in that long. I'm not sleeping as they mix you with induced ladies who are screaming moaning on gas and air all through the night, not go mention being on the heart beat monitors etc

So a midwife said ill get another doctor to come up and explain a bit better.
This doctor said your liver is slowing down as the levels are rising and she wasn't convinced it was just because of the gall stones and that they will still be doing blood tests every day to check levels and when they get to a certain point they can't let me carry on.
So now we are back to taking it day at a time and possibly born before 7 days time.

I got myself so upset because being told different things and then trying to get into my head that the babies would be in care for a long time, then maybe not so if I was allowed to get to 37 weeks and then down again to being born in a week possibly.
I just needed not to keep talking about it and repeating it all the time.

But when the time comes even if I haven't got the time or energy to fully update you, I'll just write had twins and if all ok and will fully update you when I can.

I see the doctor every day and then if the levels are high id be told that I'd be going down for a c section in a few hours or that afternoon!
Scary stuff.
They have put an extra week on my dates as both twins were measuring bigger. So I'm 33 weeks today.
Just got to hope they are fighters and don't need a lot of care time.

Hope everyone Is ok and I will read back through things soon xxx

Aw mummy bless you hopefully bloods will be steady so you can keep them in a little longer x so annoying that docs/nurses telling you different things they should know not to do that to hormonal ladies x your doing great best of luck xxxx

Mummy, I hope you can get some sleep soon. Just keep your eye on the prize, you'll completely forget about all of this discomfort and stress once you're holding them in your arms. Sorry it can't get a little more smooth going for ya.
How's your weekend going Melbram, Minxy, Bundles, Yearning and Pinkie where are you??

My friend emailed me back, we're off for coffee and a walk Tuesday evening. I've decided if that doesn't work out with her, we should to go to the Prague donor clinic for a fresh transfer. There's a women with twins on B&B who wrote down her entire experience with Prague and it seems really quite nice. I don't like that we can't see the pic of the donor or know her medical history but my fs said that Europe has even more stringent medicals requirements for the ladies than N America does. After losing my cat I realize I just want kids, I don't care about all of the details and I don't want to go broke spending $30K in the USA, Prague does the whole thing including accommodations and frozen transfer of embies back to your home city for $7500. Even if my friend accepts it's going to be $13,500K here in calgary to do it. That's pretty pricey for not having to travel.

Today is my year anniversary with my husband, 15 years together. He's away and hasn't texted or emailed/called yet. Not pleased about that. I know they had a housewarming party last night for his big bro so hopefully there's a good excuse in there because of that.

Happy anniversary!!
Silly hubby, they forget everything don't they.

Hope it works with your friend but the Prague idea seems cheaper and a holiday too.
I also read someone that did it Cyprus too and they all seemed to have high success rates x

I went home for 4 hours and slept. Back in now and waiting for feeding time at the zoo ha x

2have4- happy anniversary and good news on the Prague front
Melbram- hi how are you?
How is everyone else?
I'm feeling a bit rubbish after my flu jab so off to bed
Xxx

2have4kids: FX for tomorrow evenning but Prague sound great x

mummy: hang in there. thinking of you x

Ducktales: sorry to hear your feeling rubbish have a nice nap

afm lovely relaxing weekend but back to the chaos today - eveything seems to be urgent! grr!

Mummy - sounds like your having a terrible time of it. Glad they let you home for a few hours to sleep, must be even worse being on a ward with ladies being induced. Such trying times. Fingers crossed for every extra day those babies are kept cooking.

2have - is it the Cube clinic Prague? As someone on twitter got pg donor egg with them after 4 fails in the UK with her own. I know someone who did donor egg in Spain & she said the clinic was brilliant, better than the UK ones. Sounds like its the way to go. So sad to hear about your cat too. They are lovely but no real substitute for children.

Duck tales - glad you had a good holiday & hope DH is ok now too.

Melbram - good luck with the tests

Afm: back from from hols Friday, very tired initially & back to work today. Had a wonderful time. Was a great rest & time to think, though we were very busy.

The donor information weekend has been confirmed, 19th Oct. not long now, booked our hotel tonight.

My consultant said my liver Is slowly getting worse. The cut off point where it becomes dangerous is 40 and mine has crept up to 34.
They going to still take it day at a time but they think I could possibly go 2 weeks.
I have to stay in hospital tho.
I am in a side room so hoping to get some sleep and catch up a bit x

Minxy, I've now heard of 3 clinics all in Prague! I'm really confused, how can they have so many? What the two that I've just heard of don't post is how big their database is. The one I've been in contact with has a database of 1500 women. I'm going to have to do WAY more research on this than I thought. BUT I have a really good feeling about tonight, I think my friend will say yes. As the time creeps forward I"m getting butterflies. Have to stay calm... do a mantra & breathing lol
Mummy, what was your level before/date? Either way, rest assured, you've grown them nicely and they're past the super danger zone for major health risks. Pat yourself on the back and get some much needed sleep in your side room!

Minty just did some research, there's 30 clinics in Prague lol. I've asked the coordinator to send me info about which one myivfalternative.com uses.
Just got back from the coffee date with my girlfriend and she asked some very good questions but said she's leaning towards *yes*!!! Yeay!! I won't get my hopes up and it might be a few weeks for when she gets back to me but I'm feeling great (as I always do around her). She's just one of those super positive ppl you know?

Anyway super excited and had to share, I won't blabber on anymore XX

Oh wow.hope she says yes.
What did she want to know?
I suppose its also her loss of earning whilst she's doing the treatment as we know how much time off work we had when going through it.

Would you still want her to do it even tho it was cheaper else where.
I bet you were super nervous asking her.
Did you chat before hand or just come straight out with it.

Not sure what my liver result was before but he said its slowly creeping up.
I've been in just over a week now and hopefully less than 2 more weeks to go.
I know the longer they are in, the less care they are going to need.

I slept really well in my side room last night and having the sleeping tablets too so feel a lot better but still keep nodding off and need more sleep x

She asked questions like what would you tell the children? How many do you want? We talked about the IVF process and how they gauge weather a candidate is suitable, I let her know that they'd want to do counseling with all of us and then each of us separately etc. I told her about the different options that I'd picked before I even thought to ask someone, what traits do i want to see in my kids and we spoke about child rearing.
We'd absolutely compensate her for lost earnings if she has to take time off work - we'd ensure she's taken care of completely. I really hope she wouldn't get OHSS, it's reassuring to me that my clinic has the best reputation in Canada for success and patient care, I'd hope they ensure her medical safety! I'd be there to hold her hand 100% of the journey!!
And most importantly yes, it will be $5000+ more to do it here with her than go elsewhere but I'm OK with that, I'd feel so honoured-she's amazing and it's much better to have a known donor for me than going in blind. She started our coffee date out by asking about how things were going with the ttc stuff, it kind of came out more early in the convs than I wanted but I laughed and told her that, it was OK because it gave us more time to talk about really important questions that she had rather than ask her and then get bunted out of the coffee shop as we did at 8pm without having discussed some vital things.

I agree with you mummy with you being in the hospital, the longer you're in the less care they'll need. Give them everything you've got now so there's no complications or underdevelopment etc. Did you manage to pack a back then or does hubbie have to still do that for them? Glad you're resting better-take care today. Off to work for me!

I'm sorry to hear you are still sick mummy, glad you are in a side room now though xx
2have4- very positive news
How is everyone else?
C

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g