waiting for ivf and struggling!

Hello everyone

Mummy - just loved todays picture on FB, how cute! Are you finding a routine now? Sorry about the job interview, when will he hear the result? Does it reflect on his current job?

2have4kids - so close now, yay! :happydance: Have you started packing yet?! I probably would have done. What an exciting time for you, I have a good feeling about this, will be keeping everything crossed for you

Melbram - I hope AF arrives for you soon. I've read a lot about folks who have had their tubes checked and it has solved the problem, I really hope this helps you

Ducktales - not long until mat leave now! What a fab time of year for it all to be happening. I was quite shocked when you mentioned your monthly outgoings but then remembered you are in London. Quite a lot to find though. You would get an awful lot for that in Lincolnshire!

Minxy - any news on the bloods? Sounds like you are all good to go and have really thought it through. Are you gearing up for going again, any special dietary hints etc?!

AFM - had my first acupuncture yesterday and felt very relaxed afterwards. I'm going every 2 weeks until IVF starts and then it will be more regular to fit in with the treatment and then tailored around ER and ET.
I had a letter from Sheffield hospital (where they have been monitoring me following molar) and they have given me the all clear :happydance:

AF arrived today so CD1 for IVF will be 7th Jan. I'll be having the endoscratch on CD19 (I think) and then start buserelin CD21. I'm ready to go again now but also looking forward to Christmas first. I'm hoping the next few months brings great news for us all. Collectively, we have really been through it! xxx

AFM - had my first acupuncture yesterday and felt very relaxed afterwards. I'm going every 2 weeks until IVF starts and then it will be more regular to fit in with the treatment and then tailored around ER and ET.
I had a letter from Sheffield hospital (where they have been monitoring me following molar) and they have given me the all clear :happydance:

AF arrived today so CD1 for IVF will be 7th Jan. I'll be having the endoscratch on CD19 (I think) and then start buserelin CD21. I'm ready to go again now but also looking forward to Christmas first. I'm hoping the next few months brings great news for us all. Collectively, we have really been through it! xxx

-wow Pinkie, it sounds like things are gearing up for you too! I've heard endo scratch can really improve the odds of implantation after IVF, I hope it works for you.
Jan 7th will be here faster that you know it. We'll be 1 month and 2 days apart, hope to frequent the pregancy boards with you xx

I haven't started packing although I'm going to bring the luggage up this weekend. I like to pop things in my little case as I think of them. Since we're in an apartment I'm going to bring my favourite tea & decaf Starbucks coffee and a few snacks (hame made roasted nuts & fruit etc).
I don't usually take checked luggage, just a small rollie carry on. I went to Florida with 1/2 full tiny rollie, almost nothing in it. It's the complete opposite from my early 20's when I used to take so much I could barely carry it all. Feeling more confident in my old age I guess:haha:

Maternity pay is pretty crap and quite a shock when your used to having a fair amount more.

Theres so much to think about with donor egg and sperm. You obviously want yoir child to look like you as much as possible.
You can have children that are into stuff completely different to you tho.
I like the idea of 10families max other here and id feel the same about your child potentially having half siblings everywhere.
Youd have to consider at what age is appropriate to tell a child the info i suppose.

It sounds as though most of you are moving onto the next chapter now or starting a new cycle and yet again its around the same times.

Im up expressing and then back to bed before the boys wake up again.

Got doctors in the morning to review my blood pressure and see if i can come off the pills or reduce them a bit.

We are going to give the boys their 1st bath today. Cant wait to see their reactions and hoprfuly they dont poo in there ha x

First bath? Now that's going to be fun! I hope you're able to get a little more sleep mummy. Also good luck at the doc's appointment tomorrow.

I have no problem with the kids having different interests. Working as an artist for a living and being into a gazillion of fun sports in my younger years, I have complete faith that we'll be able to draw out their best qualities and develop them. For example, everyone is an artist in their own way, we just have to nurture the medium we prefer most. My mom would tell you she hasn't a creative bone in her body but she's got the most gorgeous garden in her quadrant of the city (seriously -she's on a garden tour circuit).
I agree that it's good to put a 10 limit family. There was a documentary that told people's stories of how they explain at each age more and more of the assisted conception picture to children.
Just can't wait to get the bfp and make it to week 38. So impatient right now. The time drags when you need it to speed up.

Hows everyone doing?

Pinky: Roll on 2014 FX for your BFP. Nice to have a relaxing Christmas together next year might be very different :)

mummy: How did the little ones' bath go? they look like they are coming on a treat!

afm: still no af but boobs are sore and some period type pains so I think the witch is stiring. Appointment tomorrow re: lap and dye fx they give us the go ahead will keep you posted.

Good luck tomorrow Melbram, really hoping they will get you booked in :hugs:

Thanks Ladies

All booked in for Lap & Dye on the 22nd January. The Dr nearly wasnt going to let us do it/approve NHS funding as we have male factor so it might not help us! only reason he did approve was because I was banging on about my irregular cycle, painful period and general pain I am feel is coming from my left ovary. I think he thinks I could have endo. Had pre-op and everything done today which was good given we live an hour away from the hospital. So now just a bit of a wait which I dont mind too much as there is a lot to do in the run up to xmas and didnt fancy being laid up and feeling uncomfortable x

That's good it's so quick
I found the lap and due painful during it but was fine the next day
Take a couple of painkillers before you have it just in case but some ladies don't find it at all painful
X

Well Melbram I'm glad you sorted that out. Steps to the way forward. I really hope you don't have endo!

I've just been looking up the side effects of these Lupron injections. It's mostly used for women with endo and the side effects are horrific. I've been having scratchy wormy itchy feeling just under my skin since I had the first injection in October along with rash and really dry skin. Terrible terrible acne on my chin, sore throat and I feel like my immune system has been compromised (this might be a good thing going into a DE IVF as I suspect immune issues and taking prednisone to deal with it. Been taking an antihistimine to get rid of the itchy skin feeling, just can't take it anymore. And I've gained weight, I just feel a complete lack of motivation and complete lethargy.

Lupron has been associated with birth defects (cleft lip, mental ******ation, and immature organ growth) 3-5%. If I can help it, I'll never ever go on this stuff again. The side effects are often more horrific than the terrible pain women feel with endo and if you guys are ever prescribed it I highly recommend asking for alternatives.

If, for whatever reason, I have to do this again, they can control my cycle using progestins instead (northisterone) of Lupron. Grrr. Rant over.

Melbram, I'm so glad they have booked you in for the tests and that the timescale is quick. I hope this helps you move forward but also hope you don't have endo. You can now relax and enjoy Christmas and re-group in the New Year :thumbup:

2have4kids, Lupron sounds horrific. Not long now, it will all be worth it when you get the end result. Lets hope you never have to do this again x

How's everyone else? Not much news here, blood tests booked next week so that everything is back up to date for the clinic in Jan.

What a crazy game this is :hugs:

Hi all

Membram - glad you've got your appointment sorted.

2have4 - the time us racing by, hope the Lipton doesn't get any worse.

Getting a bit fed up, the blood tests still aren't back. I'm going to ring the clinic tomorrow and get them to check they're not lost. Just so fed up of waiting, waiting but we can all relate to that.

Also feeling down in the dumps because in the time it's taken us to do 1 of our failed cycles thanks to umpteen hospital appointments a woman at work who is married, had her husband come to England on a 1 month holiday, she got knocked up, has had her baby ,moved home, moved back to England & re-started work today. All in 15 months. Feeling a bit green eyed monster this evening.

Glad they agrred to let you have the lap done melbram. I didnt find it painful at all. They tell you to take pain kilers an hour before your appt. i felt cramps after.

How is everyone?
Im exhausted. Had 5 bad nights sleep but luckily a fairly good 1 sunday night before my hubbys 1st day at work. I fekt like i was feeding and changing them all day as i was doing it by myself, the day flew by.

They hated their 1st bath. Thry screamed all the way through. It was a bit stressful but boys hate to be in the air. Hopefully its not like that all the time x

Mummy - sounds exhausting but amazing. Sounds like your doing a brilliant job! Hopefully the boys will come round to the bath. It's a bit early to start being soap shy.

Afm: had a very stressful day waiting for the clinic to call, the CMV test is back but still waiting on blood group. Thryve now finally said the hospital doing the test has confirmed they have the sample. So I just need to sit it out. They've promised they'll call when the results are in.
Trying to relax but just want to get in with having a chance.

Oh 2 have4- that all sound horrible.
I know how bad itching under the skin can be with my liver problem and its just unbearable.
I think the bad side effects affect very few people but they have to tell you about them. Don't worry. Loads of women use it.

Being a mummy is bloody hard work but so lovely.
They hold your fingers when feeding. They stare into your eyes.
Being kissed and cuddled and the smell of you settles them.

Nathan has colic and its hard work with him not settling and crying x

Mummy sorry they didn't like their first bath, it will get better soon. It does sound wonderful though despite the lack of sleep and crying/colic. How's the new pump working for you?
Minxy so close now to crossing the bridge & trying again. Hold on!
Pinkie it sounds exciting, dec will wiz by. Roll on January!
How's everybody else doing?
Have any of you seen the Inbetweeners? Oh my goodness, we watched it with my oh's bro and his two teenage boys, couldn't stop laughing. Quality British TV ha!

We just got the email asking us if we want to accept our donor today. She's 26, 5'9/176cm, 58kg, proven donor, blue-green eyes (what does that mean - don't we either have blue or green but not both?) lol, bachelors degree and excellent bill of genetic and current health. Sounds perfect to me. Just got my paid medical leave approved for 2 weeks, moving forward!
9 sleeps left till Prague!

2have4kids - that's great news! She sounds too good to be true :haha: 9 sleeps will wiz by too, I have a good feeling about this for you x

2have4kids: Lupron sounds awful but your donor sounds fab! its all really happening now :thumbup:

Pinkie: Almost your last blood test then you can move forwrd :happydance:

MinxY: waiting for the phone to ring is the worst! any news yet?

Mummy: Sounds like your doing great and will soon get into your own routine. It really is rubbish that the men doing get more time off though isnt it. I hope I recover from the lap and dye like you. I cant imagine it being half as bad as the pain I suffered with OHSS

afm: AF has started to arrive - hopefully I can start getting my body back to normal...well at least until lap and dye!

Hey 2have4kids
The donor sounds good. I am not sure what blue/ green eyes are maya they change in the light:thumbup:
9 sleeps:happydance: have you checked the wether we are forecasted to have snow here and it's usually worse round that way.
Here is a link to the Christmas markets which looks lovely
https://www.pragueexperience.com/events/christmas_opening_times.asp

Mummy. Aaww poor Nathan, colic is not nice, my niece had it when she was born to. We use to rub her lower back to help move the gas down.

Melbram yah:happydance: it's arrived

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->