waiting for ivf and struggling!

Hi Ladies

How is everyone? Any news Minxy? Are you ready for your trip 2have4kids?

AFM, quietly preparing for round three. Blood tests tomorrow and acupuncture on Wednesday.

Hope you are all ok xx

Pinkie, when do you start your meds? I'm looking forward to hearing about your BFP!
I've just scheduled an u/s to find out lining thickness and started with 3x/day estrogen now until transfer Dec 9th. Going to bring my suitcase up tonight and pack some things.
How was everybody's weekend? OH took me to see Eddie Izzard, he was very clever & funny.

Hi everyone,

The bloods are back!!! Got the call yesterday whilst at work, was starting to really worry. Paid them their £1k to find a donor from their bank. This was 4:30pm last night so expecting they might not get to the main clinic until today. The clinic seemed to think I would hear back this week. On that basis I'm taking BCP from my next AF, which is about Monday I think. Looking at collection in January as doing short protocall. Game on!! Getting excited.

2have4 - Eddie Izzard is good, he's acted in a few things too & been very good as well as his comedy.
Inbetweeners is hilarious, haven't seen all of them, might add it to my 2ww watching list. Have you seen Gavin & Stacey? It's so funny one of the best british comedies.
Your donor sounds fab, I'd be very happy with her. I hope we're as lucky. Do all your family & friends think your going on a lovely pre-christmas holiday?

Pinkie - Do you have an estimated EC date yet? Looks like we could be cycling at the same time if we're happy with the donor.
I'm having an endoscratch too. It's £130 (bargain compared to everything else), and there's been a lot of good press on it. Hopefully this will give us both the edge.

Mummy - hope your getting some sleep & Nathan's colic is ok. Loving your piccies.

Melbram, Bundles - hope your both ok

2have4kids, I start meds in the third week of January. CD1 will be around the 9th Jan, endoscratch on CD19 and meds CD21. Cant wait! Not long until your trip now, its all happening! :happydance:

Minxy - that's great news! Everything happens so quickly on short protocol. Really hope this is the one for you, I have a good feeling it will be :hugs: I'm on long protocol so egg collection will probably not be until late feb/early march.

I've had a bad cold for about 7 weeks now and its all ended up in my head. Went to the doctor on Friday who put me on strong antibiotics. She said she wanted me clear of any deep rooted infection ready for January which I thought was good. Trouble is, the tablets have had a nasty affect on my tummy :dohh: Only 10 more days of tablets, still, it seems to be good for the diet :haha:

Hope everyone else is ok x

I've had a bad cold for about 7 weeks now and its all ended up in my head. Went to the doctor on Friday who put me on strong antibiotics. She said she wanted me clear of any deep rooted infection ready for January which I thought was good. Trouble is, the tablets have had a nasty affect on my tummy :dohh: Only 10 more days of tablets, still, it seems to be good for the diet :haha:

Hope everyone else is ok x

Sorry to hear you've been sick, that sucks. The prednisone that I'm on is meant to kill my immune system. I've been taking probiotics to help my tummy bugs stay healthy. If you're on strong antibiotics these might help you too or at least the acidophilous strain. Get better before the holidays chica!:flower:

Hey all
I'm bit behind. I will read back and catch up with everyone later. Just wanted to say hi, I do think of everyone and their journey. You will all get there so soon.
My days are a bit of a blur really. Not getting much sleep 3-4 hours is a killer x

hi everyone,
mummy - that sounds hideous
Pinkie - how are you finding the acupuncture?
2have4 - so close now, how exciting
Minxy, also so close!
Melbram, bundles how are you ?

I had my last day at work today and am looking forward to being off work now.
not much else to report just waiting now
looking forward to hearing all the good news BFPs from the girls on here
xx

Hi all, how's everyone doing?
Ducktales you must be so relieved to be off! Enjoy:)
Minxy i'm so excited for you and glad you're on short protocol. Not long now! I'll look up gavin & Stacey <-- thanks!
Pinkie are you feeling any better? I hope you're taking care.
Mummy, those boy are seriously squeezable now. Those are some nice big milk tummies :haha: the new pump must be working?
Melbram how are you? Sounds like you've been having fun from your fb posts :)
I know I've missed someone, i'll blame it on jetlag! Hi to everybody!

Afm, we arrived in Prague yesterday. Have a lovely apartment close to the hustle & bustle but off on a side street for peace & quiet. First appointment is on Wed for u/s #2, donor egg retrieval, and oh's deposit. My first u/s was 8mm last wed, she said this was right on schedule. Had an update on the donor the other day, everything going well. We've just got back from walking the city all day today. It's do nice to get out and move. A bit nippy but nothing like the misery I lwft back in Calgary lol. Is meant to be -20 and lower with wind chill next week. The ski resorts are all in full swing with loads of snow on the ground already bbrrrr! My feet are resting on a toasty hot water bottle this moment, i hate the cold!

I've got most of my christmas shopping & cat-sitter thank you gift done. We went to the most amazing bar called the Hemingway. Omg, the drinks were works of art. A nice way to end having anything with booze for the next 9 months! Keep warm kittens xx

Hi 2 have4kids
Glad you are enjoying yourself in Prague. Wrap up warm! Good luck for your scan on Wednesday.

Ducktales aw you do not have long now! Did you get the nursery sorted?

MummyW your boys are gorgeous I saw the pics with the novelty dummies sooo cute

Hi everyone else hope your good?
AFM started dr tonight so just waiting for AF and will have blood test. Due in 10 days.

2 have 4- its really happening now. Great. Enjoy yourself as much as you can.
Do they up date uou about the donor the whole way through.

Ive read back but its hsrd to take it all in really. My brain is frazzled.
Both boys have colic and want to be held all the time. Trying not too though.

Everyone prepared for christmas x

Hi I'm on mat leave now so just finishing the nursery and getting the last bits in
Love to everyone
X

Hi Ladies

Pinkie : hope the acupuncture is going ok and assists in keeping you relaxed. January will soon be here for you to get going again

mummy: 3-4 hours sleep :huh: I would be like a zombie. Sorry to hear they both have colic bless you. My niece had colic pretty much right after she was born and like your two little cherubs was very needy

Ducktales: Congrats on begining your maternity leave how are you feeling? any niggles yet?

Bundles: Yey for DR. When is your EC expected?

Minxy: Great news on getting bloods back. Its all going to be happening in January

2H4K: Prague sounds fab! Best of luck with your appointment tomorrow :dust:

afm: I have been enjoying a few too many vinos but what the heck its nearly Christmas. Went to an African restaurant a week or so ago and tried Crocodile - it was rather nice - for anyone who knows me I am the most annoying fussy eater lol and last week I had a committee event where there was food and drink and the following day the departmental head cooked for a few of us which consisted of champers on arrival and it was down-hill from there really :haha: think I will lay off the booze until the xmas doo which is a free bar 12-5pm - lethal!

Planning on buying the xmas tree this weekend to try and get into the festive spirit. For some reason it really doesnt feel like xmas yet maybe because its not been that cold. Still got some shopping to buy but just odd bits and bobs

Hi melbram
Glad to see you are enjoying yourself, I tried crocodile to at a restaurant in Camden. It was crocodile spring roll. I think it had more of the wrapping than crocodile but I still say I have eaten it:haha:
I am having fet so hope to have ET week beginning 6th jan

Sorry Bundles forgot you were doing FET. Slightly easier on the body then!

Look like will be quite the baby boom next year :)

Bundles that's exciting!! Are you going to have wine over the holidays? I've had a little this week in Prague but I'm done now, getting down to business.

Melbram, enjoy some for me K? Lol that open bar sounds like fun! So does croc taste like chicken then?

Will do 2H4K. Yes its tastes just like chicken really. As it was a friends birthday they made her to a bush-tucker challenge. God only knows what she had to eat and drink because they wouldnt tell us he he

not sure I could eat crocodile - it is more the thought of it than anything else!
no niggles for me, just getting organised
I cant wait for a glass of wine - yum
x

Lol, it seems like white meat is always a little like that. I had rabbit at a french friends house, (so sad little rabbit!) ...like chicken. I don't know why it's such a big deal, would seem like too many bones & too fussy to cook the cute little things. C'est la vie!
Inan Irish pub warming up. Have they banned smoking in english pubs yet? Peeeuwww, stinks. I'm glad I brought wool sweaters, they seem to release the smoke quite efficiently, had to wash my cotton stuff this morning.

yes we have had a smoking ban for years
I was so happy as I hated stinking my clothes and sheets out from someone elses smoke
xx

OMG! What day I have had!!!

As a side note I did do a lovely little update earlier in the week with nice personal notes to everyone, hit submit & it had logged me out. Was so annoyed never re-typed but I wish the best for you all whatever your up to.

So today, I had an appointment at the clinic to get my drug schedule from the nurse. So Since our fail we've had 3 appointments with the Dr and at each I've confirmed we will be doing short protocall & I wrote an e-mail confirming this.
So today I rock up without DH (it doesn't need us both to get a schedule), and the Nurse (who was training I thought in April), whips out a schedule and says you'll be down regging with Buserlin from 28 December, I pointed out that we'd had these 3 appointments, the Dr had written to my GP and he'd said we could do short. Not interested, the clinic is closed over Christmas, its for scheduling. So again I said 'but...' so (she was such a snotty jobs worth sort & I hate a jobs worth), so then she said she'd check with the head nurse, comes back, 'your doing long'. So again I protested with saying I was doing it because of the side effects really effecting me (I think half of that was in my head), so she said the Medical Director of the whole clinic is here today & I'll check with him & you'll do what he says. Fine.
She then said wait in the waiting room & she even picked up my coat for me!!
Anyway after maybe 20 minutes she called me back, went straight into the schedule...so I'm on short. ha ha :happydance:

Absolutely steaming with annoyance, and sorely tempted to go to the main clinic, which I didn't want to do as driving an hour and a half both ways if it snows is a real worry to me. But I thinking if the weather gets that bad I'll try and get to the local travel lodge or see if there are any b&b's nearby.
1). I'm annoyed that 3 appointments, 1 letter, 1 e-mail counts for nothing. Did they even look at my file?
2). Again the 1st time I nearly OHSS as my e2 was very high, 2nd time I have luveris & all was ok. So should I have it again for that reason? They clearly haven't checked.
3). Really annoyed at how the nurse treated me, when I asked her questions on the endo scratch she was very sharp. Even though I was mega polite at all times.
I can't see the other clinic being any different but as am so annoyed right now.
Will see what DH says tonight.
At least having the endo scratch means I'll see the Dr so can ask him about the protocall.

Hope you all have a good weekends, I will not let this spoil mine!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->