waiting for ivf and struggling!

Hi everyone,

Sorry I've been a bit MIA recently, there's been so much going on.

Mummy - Lovely to see you & those gorgeous boys on FB, they make me smile when they pop up in my newsfeed. I can't believe a whole week has passed already. How are you feeling physically now?
Ducktales - how are you? not long to go. I facebooked you this morning, I should have sent you a message to say it was me (picture dressed as a highway woman).
Pinkie - will send you a PM to find out your name. I may end up cycling in Jan too fx'd.
YH - have you got any more IVF planned?
Melbram - hope you are well
2Have4 - OMG I've missed so much, so exciting that you've got treatment planned in prague & so soon. Prague should be looking all Christmassy and cute if you get time to see it.
That woman sounds useless, how hard can it be to plan a fricking cycle. I'd be reluctant to pay anymore more money over the deposit yet. I've taken Lupron when doing short-protocall and that was only during stimms. Hope its all getting sorted.

I'd like to catch up with anyone on facebook, please PM me for my name. Like everyone else I don't mention TTC and now we're moving onto donor we'll be telling less people we're using a donor.

So....we went to the Donor Conception - Preparation for Parenthood Workshop for 2 days - 19/20 October. It was an amazing 2 days, very exhausting & emotionally draining but so worth it. There were 9 couple there including us, 7 interested in DS and 2 DE. We had lots of group, couple (not person u can with), single & couple exercises, heard from the Embryologist running London's sperm bank, watched a video of couples who'd created their families using donors and donor children. We've 100% decided donor is our way forward.
We then had to have a final counseling session last Saturday and trek over to Cambridge for it.
Appointment Monday to start process at clinic. Half way through the appointment we found out we couldn't have monitoring & blood at Norwich and egg collection at Cambridge as Norwich is too short staffed. We were gutted, by having EC at Cambridge we could have used the eEva scope and had a general. We've decided to carry on with Norwich as it will be too exhausting driving to Cambridge for all those appointments plus in January the prospect of driving on icy roads worries me. This derailed the appointment a bit, the Dr wouldn't let us press on and said we had to decide at home. We got the forms done tho & he sorted the prescriptions. Need to go back Monday to drop of donor 'requirements' form and have blood tests.

Things to happen before we get next cycle of IVF:
1). Me & DH to have blood tests - Monday
2). Upon receipt of results, Norwich embryologist will send forms to Cambridge to find donor.
3). Once donor is found & DH and I approve donor, Nurse can plan cycle.

Unknowns:
1). how long bloods take to return & how soon forms sent to cambridge (1 week?)
2). how long will it take for them to come back with matches? They keep saying it won't take long. I need their definition of that!!!

Gripes/Moans
1). Was told we had to have a appt with Dr to do donor paperwork. Actually we've been charged £190 to do the same forms we've done before plus 1 extra signature and Dr said we could take these home. The donor form he never even talked us through and told to take home.
2). They knew we wanted to use donor, so why couldn't the bloods have been done sooner, we've already lost a week.
3). Clinic is very small and the nurse won't plan treatment until we get a donor so still could miss January. I think this is standard but Dr is very much a people pleaser and was planning it when clearly he shouldn't have been.

It just annoying its always this hard to sort something out. Feel better that I can keep nagging them about this as we're paying £7k for this. I'd be fine if they gave me an outline of timescales.

xxx

hi, sorry have been mad busy and not had time to post
hope everyone is ok
nothing new to report with me, just been xmas shopping today to get it all done before my due date
xxxx

Hi Minxy, that sounds hopeful but frustrating! I can't believe the fees you paid while he didn't do much for you? From what Reprofit has stated it really doesn't take that long to get a donor. They have a bank of 1500 egg donors though but what I got is they can pick someone within 3 weeks from egg transfer date. Do you know how many donors they have to draw from for your match? It sounds like your session in October was inspiring. Hold that spark close to your heart and try to forget all of the bureaucracy around the process.
Duck tales not too long now!
Mummy, I too was wondering how the c-section recovery is going and how are you coping with nursing twins? Let us know when you have a moment.
How is everybody else?
Afm, we pay the fees in full on Monday. I have spoken to a competent coordinator about my drug protocol and my gp has lined me up with all of the meds. Minxy, they told us that Prague is stunning before Christmas, I'm very much looking forward to seeing it.
I'm just waiting on the approval from work for a paid medical leave. I have a momma kitten and her two small kittens that I'm fostering right now. They've al found new homes and are leaving me this afternoon. I'm sad about it. I need kids in my life (clearly :haha:) I told them I can't foster for the next 2 years in anticipation of being pregnant and with hands full of kittens of my own. Me a momma cat? After all this it almost seems surreal to me now. The more failure I experience the more removed I feel, maybe so as to not get my heart broken again. I really hope Prague works for us.

Minxy: it's all happening! Hope they find donor quickly for you both x frustrating about costs and service you get though keep nagging :)

Ducktales: when is due date now? How are you feeling?

2have4: you will have the best Xmas ever and one you will never forget not too long to wait x praying for you BFP x

Hi
Everyone
The boys are really keeping me busy.
All visitors have gone and I'm pumping milk and going to have a sleep!
So so tired.
I have been in a lot of pain.
I don't know why anyone would choose to have a section!
It's agony and as my stomach muscles are all cut, my back is compensating for it all.
I can't feed or change without it hurting.

Hope everyone is ok? X

Hi Mummy, sorry to hear you're in so much pain. I think the doctors often convince women who may not need sections because it's easier to schedule everything in and they get paid more for this kind of procedure. Imagine convincing someone for a nice 10am section rather than having to go into work at 4 am to deliver a baby and getting paid 3-4 times as much for it? That's what the documentary that we saw on TV mentioned anyway. Some doc's out there are still very traditional, they want you to have an enima, a shave, apesiotomy and then vag delivery :nope: In NA anyway. There is more and more information coming out about why it's so important to have a vaginal delivery (episiotomy and enima not needed)but you didn't have a choice so ...I hope you feel better soon!

Did you have enough milk for the twins at the beginning?

I would have preferred to do it naturally. I know it would still hurt afterwards but not as long as a recovery as major surgery.

I couldn't walk properly, it kills to sneeze, cough, bend.
Can't dress yourself etc its horrible.
Hubby was doing everything for me. I can do a bit more now but still not everything. It's a good job he is so good because he was having to change my pads down below.

They say you can start hand expressing from 37 weeks and obviously mine were born at 35 weeks. I get a fair bit of milk but not enough to feed both babies all day. We have to use cartons of aptimal, they say its breast milk substitute.
I'm pumping, I'm not breast feeding.
Nathan gets very tired sucking as they so small, and gets frustrated.
Fraser who bare in mind didnt eat for nearly 4 days, he had sugar water tube fed, he's quite good on the boob but with 2 babies, I need the time in between to sleep and I can't breast feed the both, hopefully when they bit bigger and I have more milk maybe I could. Need hubby's help at the mo tho.

Minxy its so expensive the donor thing isn't it!
How do you feel about starting?

Duck tales hope your pregnancy is ok

2 have4- you just waiting to start now.

Bundles, YH pinkie melbram hope your ok?

Hi mummyW so sorry to hear your in pain, I have heard it is painful are you allowed to take painkillers or those it go into the breast milk?
Also I heard when you have a c section sometimes your body is not ready to start producing milk straight away but it defo will and you will be producing loads. Aptimil is good that's what my niece was on as she never liked the breast.

They gave me pain killers I wouldn't be able to manage. I was on the same in hospital plus oral morphine.
They haven't said it was bad for the babies and didnt think about it.
Hubby just googled it and it says only a small amount passes to the babies and doesn't cause any harm
With the section suppose your body doesn't know its going to happen and will take longer to come through.
We have 2 very hungry boys tonight. They have been feeding on and off from 10- now 12.45am. They are having a growth spurt for sure.

Hi All

Mummy - hope you start to feel better soon. Those little fellas look gorgeous, I'm so glad you have your family unit now :happydance:

Minxy - blimey! Sounds like you have moved forward leaps and bounds. You have made your decision together and are moving towards it, I really hope it works for you x

2have4kids - Prague is supposed to be beautiful, it wont be long until it all starts happening for you, keeping everything crossed :hugs:

Melbram - hoping AF arrives soon for you, how frustrating x

Ducktales - not long now! Hope you are all organised!

Hope everyone else is ok xx

AFM - by my calculations I only have 2 more samples (4 weeks) to send to Sheffield for the molar monitoring. This will be a huge relief as I feel like I haven't been able to move on from the horrors of what happened whilst this has been hanging over me. All my results are coming back 'normal' which is a relief. I can then get my full blood counts done in December ready to start in Jan. I think I'll be ringing first week of Jan to start day 21. It feels like a long time away but I suppose its not really. Really hoping this will be the one :wacko:

mummy - OMG! Congrats!!!!! Can I add you on fb? Whats your name on it? I hope you and the babies are doing well Awwwww it must be so nice, Im so happy for you.

How is everyone else? I hope you are all doing fine. I know many of you been asking about my IVF, Well I did go to the clinic last week and my 2nd stage of IVF starts next year in April so thats way loooong way left and I think this ones going be longer since I have to be on Metformin for a month before! :-( I dont know how long I will be waiting.

Im going to be off Baby&Bump for a while, maybe until next year or so. I just feel out of place if you know what I mean, Anyhow it was great pleasure to know you all, you are all amazing and you have all supported me so much, like I said before, I shared everything with you ladies since my family didnt know about my IVF. It was so nice to come here and read everyones updates and share mine. I thank you so much.
Those of you who are trying for a baby, I seriously wish you the best, I pray God grants you a lovely baby and those who are mothers, I wish you have more and an amazing mothergood life.

Sometimes life gives us good and other times it doesnt, Everyone gains something and everyones loses something. Dont feel you have been neglected. Take care all.
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Oh YH its horrible to have to wait.
I had a 6 month wait in between cycles and its hard.

I hope you can do things to take your mind off it and hopefully we will see you back on next year x

Yearning - I totally understand why you need a break from here, I too did earlier in the year. I hope that you have a relaxing time over Christmas and New Year ready for April and that this next time bring you your forever baby. Keep the faith :hugs: xxx

Yearning I totally understand, have a good break away, refocus and come fighting back next year:hugs:

Mummy hope the pain is easing a little for you x pics on FB are lovely

Pinky: eek almost time for you to jump back in the game! this time you will win :) hope you have a fab Christmas to enjoy your friends and family and relax before the madness begins again

YH: the wait is the worst part and I dont blame you for needing a break and time to switch off to try and forget for a little bit. Wishing you all the very best with your next cycle but in the meantime relax and indulge in your favourite things

afm - going slightly insane with no af, now 60 days. Lower back pain, left ovarian type pain, fatigue and tiredness, emotional and moody and increased discharge (sorry tmi) argh could be af symptoms, pregnancy symptoms or maybe a cyst. Roll on 18th when I will be at the hospital anyway so may as well wait it out

afm - going slightly insane with no af, now 60 days. Lower back pain, left ovarian type pain, fatigue and tiredness, emotional and moody and increased discharge (sorry tmi) argh could be af symptoms, pregnancy symptoms or maybe a cyst. Roll on 18th when I will be at the hospital anyway so may as well wait it out

Oh my, 60 days? Melbram that sucks! Have you tested again? I hope the 18th comes quickly for you, if you're not preggers I hope they give you some progestins so you can get on with your next cycle. FX for no cysts either!

YH, have a lovely break, revive, refresh and we'll see you back in the spring hopefully with renewed optimism. Have a lovely Christmas.

Pinkie, Mummy, Bundles, Minxy and Ducktales how are you all doing?

Hey all.
Melbram my periods were like that and its horrible, you just don't know what's going on do you. Hope the 18th comes around quickly.

Just fed the boys and put them down. I have to pump now. I don't enjoy doing it to be honest. It takes so long but I want my babies to have as much Breast milk as possible and only have to top up with formula when I have too. It just takes over your day. You have to pump at least 8 times a day the midwife said.

The boys are growing well.
Nathan is now 5.8.5 and Fraser is now 5.10
Putting on lots of weight and are now both over their birth weights x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back