waiting for ivf and struggling!

Hi everyone, sorry I haven't updated for ages, hands full
it sounds like everyone is progressing and things are moving fast
been trying to back track on the posts
Minxy - 8 is FANTASTIC, fingers crossed they all get to blastocyst.
Bundles - Congrats - what fantastic news
2have4 - hows things?
mummy wannabe - I can't believe how big the boys are getting - don't worry about the weight - you have twins, so I believe that means 18 months to lose it ! LOL
Pinkie - how are you ?

AFM - Ilana is much better now thank you
She is like a little hungry hippo today and doing lots of eating and sleeping - growth spurt.
I never get time to get on the laptop and update - always sterilising bottles and washing her many clothes that we get through in a day!

I hope I haven't forgotten anyone with my sleep deprived brain but if I have - sincere apologies
xxx

Ducktales I'm glad to hear she's healthy and hungry as a wolf. Good job mum, keep it up!!
Pinky roll on Feb 9 for down regging, it'll all happen in a snap!
Minxy, can't wait to hear about your blasts. Let us know how et goes.
Melbram, hoping this is your month. Feb has a stat holiday 'Family' day here, I think it's a good luck charm for all of you starting and finishing ivf, trying naturally, and freshly bfp'd.
Mummy, running after those boys will help you with the weight. Loving the fb photos!
Bundles how are you feeling? Everything going well? Roll on scan date!!

Afm, I'm enjoying my noon hour fitness classes at work. Got a massage tonight and really deserved it after the class today.
Work is so busy and I feel stressed because my boss pushed too many jobs on me that were due for print before my big project for my regular client so they've taken a back seat to little unimportant niggly stuff. I'm taking a ski holiday (thank goodness) next week and need her job done before Thursday end of day. I've got the book template designed, just filling in her content now. They're getting all fussy over colour palettes...at this point that's the last thing to be fussing on. Told them to google Adobe Kuler and pick their own!

I've already got my iPad loaded up with good books to read next week and we're situated on the side of the hill so it's ski in/out. I'll only be skiing if it's good conditions. Any mention of ice and you'll find me in the lodge in a high back chair hot chocolate and book in hand! I'm just sad I can't go in the steam room or hot tubs. The whole complex is riddled with them behind every condo. Boo! And no, I won't be fetching beers for oh if he decides to go without me!!! He can get his skinny, pasty, fanny out in the freezing snow and get them for himself.

2have4 - your updated cracked me up about DH & the beers. I guess fanny is bottom? Over here it's a funny word for a ladies bits! Sounds like you need a holiday, reading books in a cosy chair sounds lovely.

Ducktales - glad Ilana is doing well. I love that name.

Pinkie - time is ticking down. I'm pretty much wishing it away too.

Mummy - do not worry about the weight. You've had 2 gorgeous boys. 9 months on & 9 months off, I think that's stingy. You'll have lost a bit by the summer naturally I'm sure.

Bundles & Melbram - hi, hope your both well.

Afm: finally at 2:50pm today the clinic called with tomorrow's transfer time 1:45pm. Ideally I'd have liked it at bit earlier. All 8 embies were still alive yesterday but that means nothing, will not get an update until we get there tomorrow. It'll be a restless day!
Ovaries feeling sore sometimes trying to drink a lot & eat protein.

Update tomorrow

Minxy, that's a shame they can't tell you about the embie stage. I hope you're pleasantly surprised about the quality tomorrow and the transfer is smooth sailing.
I've always though fanny was just another name for bottom but maybe it really means something girly, oh dear, that's quite the picture I painted then!

How's everyone?

Minxy, good luck today, hoping for lots of lovely good quality embies for you. Are you having some time off? Really excited for you :happydance:

Good luck today Minxychick

2h4k i think it's only in North America that the bottom is called fanny, which is why we call what you call fanny packs bum bags.

Ducktales glad to see your doing well with your georgeous little girl.
Mummy I agree it will all of come by summer, and once it starts getting warm you can go for the walks with the babies which will help.
Pinkie and melbram how are you?

I'm good thanks, just counting down the days until 9th Feb (10 sleeps!) I know its daft because IVF is such a hideous process, but at least whilst you are doing it you feel like you have taken some sort of control over the situation.

I had a massage and acupuncture yesterday so I'm feeling calm. I'm doing all I can to help stay stress free so that I don't think to negatively about another molar pregnancy.

How is everyone else, hope all goes well this afternoon Minxy. Hope you are successful trying the 'old fashioned way' Melbram :haha:

xx

I'm good thanks, just counting down the days until 9th Feb (10 sleeps!) I know its daft because IVF is such a hideous process, but at least whilst you are doing it you feel like you have taken some sort of control over the situation.

xx

I was always thrilled to do IVF, after so much waiting and ttc, felt it was the only way anything would happen. The needles were nothing. It was always so disappointing for me when nothing happened.:cry: but that's only because of my diagnosis, it works for most other people.

I'm excited for you, next one up to bat!

Hi everyone,
Yesterday was transfer day. I didn't get the call until almost 3pm Wednesday with Thursday's appointment 1:45pm. I asked the nurse how our embies were doing and she didn't really know just said all 8 were still progressing but from bitter experience I know this means nothing.
As it was a late appointment we went for a lovely lunch at the pub nearby, unlike other cycles we had no idea of what was going on, we didn't find out anything until we got in the transfer room because we were using this new eevascope.
Anyway, out of 11 eggs all suitable for ICSI 8 fertilised and by day 5 we had 1 nearly blast and 1 moruella. We had both put back. The near blast was rated A1 and the moruella D1.
So this is the best we've done with moruella our previous best. We are praying so hard that one of the embabies sticks but if I'm brutally honest I was expecting at least 1 blast. We did everything, we used eeva and the donor sperm!
I was naughty and quickly asked the embryologist what this meant, poor eggs. Same results donor & DH = poor eggs. We knew this was a chance but with DH's dodgy sperm and my plentiful, younger eggs everyone thought it was the sperm.
Trying to put this out of my mind and concentrate on getting these embabies to stick.

Test day is a week Sunday, so doesn't feel to far away. DH is off with me til Tuesday. He's being so good, trying to keep entertained, positive etc. Then I'm back at work Friday, so only 1 work day before test day.

Hope everyone has a good weekend.

Keeping everything crossed for you Minxy xx I don't really know the difference between a moruella and a blastocycst? But I hope both embies hold on tight.

I hope you have a restful weekend and enjoy your time off with your DH xx

Thank you.

Moruella is day 4 progress, so it's not as far ahead as it should be but people do get pregnant with Moruella.

You never know Minxy, it's all a gamble, smaller embies have made it to full healthy baby delivery. You've done everything you can, just take care of yourself now. I was really tired the first few weeks and slept loads. Also movies that make you laugh is what my clinic swears by:bunny::dance:

Thanks everyone.

I'm over the shock now & putting lots of positive vibes into these embies.
Having a relaxing week off with DH.

Had the shock of our lives Monday morning when we had to rush Nathan into a&e with suspected meningitis! He wasn't a well boy at all. Dehydrated, not having milk or water, bad belly, then got covered in a rash and dark red spots that spread each hour.
We had taken him to out of hours doctors at the hospital on Sunday but was told to carry on with calpol and try and syringe water to him. He was hysterical so took him to an emergency doctors Monday morning and was told to take him to hospital ASAP.
We were pushed very quickly into a side room incase it was measles ( which was doctors 1st thought) but the spots didnt go when touched.
He had to have a lumbar puncture. Very hard to know he was having it but daddy stayed with him.
He's doing much better and drinking a bit more but still on strong anti biotics and should get results today.
Will catch up with everyone soon x

Mummy, I've been following your nightmare on FB. So glad its not meningitis and I hope you get the answers/solution soon xxx

Minxy - how are you doing? When is test day? xxx

Same Mummy, let us know how he's doing or what he has.
Bundles, Pinkie & Melbram how's it going?
Minxy I can't wait for your test day!!!

Mummy, just read your FB update, roll on tomorrow. Its really poor that they keep making mistakes at your hospital lab. I hope he soon feels better.

How is everyone else doing?

AFM, gearing up to start down-reg on Sunday, endoscratch on Tuesday. Feeling positive about this round but a bit concerned as DH will be working away from 17th. Its a long drive to Nottingham (50 miles one way) at 5.45am for scans and DH has always been involved all the way through before. I know I'll be fine and I just need to man-up :blush:

xxx

Don't worry Pinkie, you'll be fine! It's a little like how my oh left my in Czech the last week to do the transfer by myself. Had to travel to Brno by train, check into the hotel and the next day take the train to the clinic by myself. You can do this!!

Mummy, I'd be squealing to the uppers in the hospital, not fair to Nathan that they keep messing up with his bloods!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->