waiting for ivf and struggling!

Mummy - how's Nathan today? Was following all your update on FB. Sounds like it's been a nightmare.

Pinkie - how exciting to start DR on Sunday. For our first 2 ivfs I had to leave quite early to get to hospital but not as bad you. You'll be fine you've already survived worse.

Test day is Sunday. Am excited & scared. I so hope this is it. I've had a lovely week, DH taking me out for small walks & lunches, went to see one if my dearest friends & her 3 week old baby. Had the best day with them, my heart swelled with pride as her baby seemed to really like me. Quiet day at home yesterday and back to work today. Work was quiet so that was a bonus.

Omg 36 hours to go!!! Please have held on embabie.

Hope everyone has a lovely weekend.

sorry I have not been on to update
Ilana was rushed to hospital on Monday night as she had a fit
she too had a lumbar puncture as suspected meningitis
we await the test results but she is well now and they think it was just one of those things and we are home now after 2 nights in hospital
the worst night of my life ever

Minxy - I have everything crossed for you
Mummy - I feel for you and hope Nathan is much better today
Pinkie - good luck for Sunday
2have4 and bundles, hope you are well.

no time to update my own thread on bnb at the moment but am thinking of you all
xxxx

MummyW oh gosh you have had a hard time. :hugs: any news on what it is?
Pinkie yah dr on sun. :happydance:
Minxychick you have done so well not to test early!
Ducktales oh gosh a fit it must have been so scary for you. :hugs:glad she is back home now
Hope everyone else is doing ok.
AFM have my scan on wed, days are going by so slowly, have not really had any symptoms that I could not contribute to the estradiol tablets or progesterone gel.

Ducktales I'm sorry you've had to go through that! I would have freaked out at a seizure, poor wee thing!! Let us know how things go, speedy recovery!
Mummy, how's Nathan doing, are we on the mend yet? Fraser must have missed him too.
Pinkie & Minxy roll on Sunday!! Very excited for you Minxy, this is your turn.
Bundles, things will speed up soon. Hang in there!

We've just had another full day for skiing. Feeling tired and ready for sleep. Not ready for next week. It's a short one as we're off Thursday evening out of town. But the pressure will be on at work and I've packed my evenings full with things too. Pregnancy classes, nauchal translucency test, Monday morning a breast ultrasound as my doctor felt a big lump last time. Eeeek, tired thinking about it all!
Happy to get home to snuggle my cat though, he has a live-in cat-sitter but it's still not the same. He's a rescue and a pretty sensitive guy :winkwink:

Mummy - how's Nathan? What a terrible time this must have been for you all too scary for words.

Ducktales - I can't believe both you and Mummy have been through so much this last week, I'd have been such a mess. So glad you're all home safe.

Bundles - looking forward to a pick Wednesday. I hate the way IF makes us wish time away.

2have - sounds a busy time, hope you can find sometime to rest

Pinkie - Dr in less than 24 hrs. Wooo-hoo!

It's 11pm, I'm staying up kinda late in the hope I sleep well have been a bundle of nerves today. Am thinking anytime I wake up after 5am is fair game to test.

Sleep tight everyone x

Hi everyone.
Nathan is much better. Still not himself fully. Not eating as much he he lost 5oz so maybe his stomach has shrunk a bit. He's being funny with the way he's liking to be fed at the mo. doesn't want to be in our arms but layed flat or fed in his chair. Hoping he goes back to normal. He's startled by noises too, we worked hard to keep noise around them so they got used to it.
Thank you for everyone's concerns. Its been a hard time and I didnt think id be seeing him have all these needles and tests anytime soon. Had enough of that after birth.
All over now though.
Fraser has been fine. He's my little bruiser.
Ducktales hope llana Is better too.
So weird it was on the same day!!

Minxy its testing time already??? Wow I've not been on.
Hope your doing ok and best of luck!

2have- glad your enjoying your holiday. Hope your being careful.
Have you had another scan?
Hope the breast scan is all clear too.

Bundles- good luck for your scan too, most people don't get symptoms early on. Its proven that its our minds thinking we have them.

How is everyone else? Xxx

Quick update: negative.
Basically onto egg donor. It's an egg issue not sperm.

DH is taking me into town so no time to say more but will soon. Found out lots this round.

Mummy - my heart goes out to you. Poor Nathan. Lots of love xx

Minxy, I'm so sorry. I hope you can get some answers and a way forward. But for now, bug hugs xxx

Minxy so sorry. I hope you guys can line up the donor part soon, there's nothing like the feeling of success after so much failure. This is such a rough journey, you will be a mom!!!
There's a big group of ladies who've been successful with donor IVF and some going through it in March & May. If you'd like to chat, I found them very knowledgable as they've all been to different clinics around the world (some at home with the NHS too).
https://babyandbump.momtastic.com/assisted-conception/1281991-anyone-using-donor-eggs.html

Oh minxy so so sorry!
Hopefully you can get onto donor eggs real soon and get on the road of success!

Oh minxy so so sorry!
Hopefully you can get onto donor eggs real soon and get on the road of success!
My friend has just had a negative from her 3rs go, she doesn't know if she should go straight into adoption. I'd personally do donor as the success rates are very high x

Thanks ladies. I will write a proper update tonight - at work at the mo! Xx

Looking forward to hearing your new plan Minxy xxx

All ok here. Day 5 of down-regging, headaches just started. Had the endoscratch on Tuesday, it was the most painful experience ever. Slightly traumatic at the time but all ok now, it'll be worth it if it works!

Hope everyone else is ok x

Hi ladies, just got back from the nauchal translucency test snd it looks like the baby died at 8 weeks.

I've got sn appt booked with my GP on Tuesday and I've sent out emails to her and my calgary fs about a referral to a reproductive immunologist, if there is one around where I live.

I'll be on a ski vacation this weekend with 4 other couples and all their wee cherubs (pls god give me the strength to be around them without breaking down), so I'm going to continue the progesterone do that I'm not miscarrying on the hill or while I'm in the pool/hot tub.

We'll pick a clinic and go do this again after tax season

2have4kids, on no! I am so sorry to read your post. Many hugs.

(I know I'm a stranger to the thread, but I have just spent the last couple of days reading from the start.)

2have - I'm devastated to read this. My heart goes out to you. I just can't believe it.

I hope you can get through the weekend, maybe you could get out of a few events & have some quiet time. It doesn't feel like there's anything that can ease this pain at the moment.

I'm so so to hear this. Sending you so much love & strength over the seas.

Hi - that must be some catch up!welcome to the thread

2have4kids, I'm so, so sorry. I hope you are bearing up ok after such devastating news. What an absolutely unfair thing to happen. I hope like Minxy says you can find time to have some quiet time this weekend and it isn't too traumatic for you. But whatever you do, don't be afraid of being selfish, do whatever you need to do. Its all about self-preservation xxx

Minxy, how are you?

AlbaNY, welcome. Please feel free to share your story xx

Oh my goodness!!! Why is this happening!! I'm so so sorry for you.
Its really not fair at all.
I really hope you can get on with that holiday but if you don't feel you can then get your hubby to tell them your not well enough.
I know personally I couldn't do it.
After my mc I just saw more and more pregnant people and babies, baby things.

Hi there albaNY, your very welcome. We are here to chat and help people who are/have been in the same/similar situations.
What your story?
Where are you from? X

minxy and 2have4, there are no words to make things better for either of you - big hugs and I am sorry this has happened.
TTC is so so hard
I am thinking of you
xxxxxxxxxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back