waiting for ivf and struggling!

And my fsh is 7.7 both times and my RE says that's perfect. So I wouldn't worry! There are different charts and ranges.

:hi: Hi everyone!

Im back! How are you all? It does not feel like I have been away for long. How time passes eh!

I have finally started my second round of IVF from today. (2 months of pills and then injections, just started the pills) - I just want time to go quick quick but in the mean time I am trying to get into shape and fit.
Enough of me!

Im excited to hear from you guys!! Hows things? Any updates? Any BFP??? I look forward to hearing from you all.

(Iv missed too many posts to will be difficult to read back)

xxxxxxxxx

Hi Yearningheart, great to hear from you. Are you on long protocol? Keeping everything crossed this is your year too xxx

Hello lanet, sorry to sound ignorant but what does the saline infusion sonogram do?

Albany, when do you get going?

Minxy, 2have4kids how are you gals doing?

AFM, scan today showed 21 follies. Biggest was 2.3 :bodyb: a lot at 1.6, 1.7, 1.8 which is good. Still some diddies at 0.6, 0.7. I'm triggering tonight with EC 9am Wednesday. Keeping everything crossed for 5-10 mature eggs. DH also has to prepare for surgery (shave his bits :wacko:) in case he needs surgical sperm extraction. He has had to do this both times previously and hasn't needed to so hopefully he wont this time either.

Hi guys! I will update and respond later today. Right now I feel rather unwell, but I wanted to read and see how you all are doing. ;)

Pinkie it just shows the uterine cavity so make sure everything is good there.

Pinkie - WhooooHooo Your at the end stage of IVF. Thats great!! Im hoping some good news :)

xxx

Hi ladies, I hope everyone is doing well.
wow pinkie, I'll be thinking about you Wed morning. Glad you have some nice big ripe eggies, hopefully your dh doesn't have to go through the hassle.

DH and I took about 16 vials of blood for testing today to be couriered overnight to the reproductive immunologist in California. My mastercard is going to get thoroughly abused again with this doctor's lab charges and fees Between the embryonic pathology and the tests, we'll get to the bottom of this mess. (and move on to have twins - I'm positive of it!!!)

2have4kids - that's great news. Hope we hear good news of twins. How exciting!!

Hi YH - Welcome back. Good luck for your cycle. 2 months of BCP! That sounds a long time.
My signature has disappeared but long story short, had 4th IVF this time using donor sperm and we got the same poor embryos. No blasts. As the only constant has been the eggs, the eggs aren't up to it so we will doing donor eggs with DH sperm.

Pinkie - Good luck for tomorrow, everything is sounding good. Poor DH hope he doesn't have to have surgery.

2have - So much to look into. Love your attitude, eye on the prize. We'll get there - but boy is everything being thrown at us to get there.

AFM: My Mum is still making progress, hopefully she will get home in the next couple of weeks. Am exhausted going up to see her twice a day on top off everything else, this week I'm moving to once a day visits. Since 16 Feb we've had 2nights in. even she's saying I need to start looking into DE! First stop will be reading the DE thread on here.

Hope everyone else is well.

Minxy, I'm sorry you've had to go through another crappy cycle. We try so hard to make things work and it's terrible when things go off the tracks. At least you have the process of elimination, you will have a family and you will be a great mom. Never give up!
Hi Yearning, best of luck with everything. Let us know how it goes!

2have4kids - Best of luck with it with your plans. It sucks having to try over and over again!

Minxy - Its 1 months of Metformin pills then 1 month of Microgynon pills. I just cant wait to get to the end but sometimes I do feel quite stressed, maybe the fear of what if it doesnt work.
Sorry to hear about the poor embryos. I hope there is something special waiting for you.

- No update for me and wont be until this phase of pills end. I missed my metformin pill today, I forgot so will continue like normal from tomorrow.

xxx

2have - Sorry I've confused you, that update was to get Yearning upto speed, I haven't had another cycle. I need to get my sig back.

Yearning - Yes I've heard of Metaformin. This is all very stressful & taking meds for a long time adds to that. Hope you can find other nice things to enjoy to try & take your mind of it all. Hoping the time will fly for you.

Pinkie - good luck for you today. Thinking of you & DH.

Thanks Minxy x How is everyone today?

AFM, egg collection this morning, eight good eggs. They think they managed to find enough sperm (just) but the quality wasn't great. They will ring with results tomorrow but in summary, if there are two (or less) ET Friday. If there are three ET Saturday with time lapse monitoring. If there are four or more ET Monday with time lapse and embryo glue. Tired now and resting up. Just hoping that we can get three or more xxx

Hi all.
I haven't read Back through the posts yet but just wanted to say hi all and hopefully your all good x
We are all fine. Boys are getting such great personalities and growing way too quickly for my liking x

Sorry guys for not actually posting the other day. I haven't felt so great.

Pinky, when do we count starting? Some posts make it sound like I can count from starting the pill which would make beginning my first cycle February 24th for me then?
I can tell you that I am to stop the pill on the 16th and baseline is the 20th. As I recall I should begin injectables the next day? They told me that egg collection would be the first week of April. :)

I am excited, but I had a terrible time falling asleep last night thinking about how real it all is, the prospect of being pregnant, and my life changing forever! Jitters. It is normal, I hope! :shrug:

2Have, good luck with the IUI. Maybe that will give a nice BFP? :)

Lanet, it does sound like we are on the same timeline. I'm still completely lost as to when to count the beginning of a cycle, haha.

Pinkie (again,) many good thoughts are coming your way from me, much luck with fertilisation! Eight eggs sounds great and is right within the range you hoped for. :)

YearningHeart, like Minxy I thought "two months!" on the pill?! Then I read further in the thread and saw it included Metaformin. Your protocol is very different from mine. (I am really unsure what to make of the differences with various people… I feel pretty lost here at times still.)

Minxy, Have you found out much yet about DE programs and have an idea of when you'll be able to begin? I have read several blogs where it with success on the first try, but so much about the time and cost involved depends on where people live. I forget how it is for you, but I hope you can start very soon and don't have to pay too much. :)

Oops, I forgot to write that I found out yesterday that I am on a flare protocol. I didn't expect that given what reading I have done. I only found out when I arrived home and the packet was in the mailbox explaining. The nurse simply said I was going to be on very low doses of the meds, and she said they expected plenty of eggs and to be able to freeze embryos. I'm kind of surprised/confused about the flare still, but I am so lost with all of this stuff still...

Hi Pinkie - 8 eggs is good, I'm hoping this means the quality is really good. I know we all want to get to blast but I know people of twitter who've got pg on day 2 transfers after a low fertlisation. It only takes one is so true. Hope your resting up.

AlbaNY - I always think I've started when I start BCP but it doesn't feel real til I start injections. There seems so many variations in drugs from clinic to clinic and country to country. I always think the less drugs we can have the better.
I almost don't know where to start on DE. I think I need to start hunting out some blogs. I've heard lots of stories where it worked first time. There seems so much research to do in going abroad for IVF. We need a comparission tool for IVF clinics like there is for car insurance! I think DE in the states is more money than europe if not I'd go there. I've been to America alot and not Europe much so would feel happier there.
I've been given some names of clinics so need to get on looking - bit difficult as seeing my Mum every day in the hospital and am exhausted. I think my worry/exhasution over my Mum is shadowing my ability to deal with this.

Minxy, there is only so much you can cope with at once. An enforced break from IVF will be doing your body some good if not your mind. I hope you find a clear way forward that suits you x

We have three embies today. ET is Saturday morning. They are monitoring them using time lapse photography. I'm feeling quite anxious now. Praying they make it to Saturday xxx

Albany, I was on flare protocol, I wish you the best of luck with it.
Pinkie, hoping for some nice healthy embies for you. This is going to work!
Minxy, all the best reviewing the different DE clinics.
Mummy enjoy your growing cherubs. Soon they'll be not wanting you to kiss them goodbye infront of the school where their girlfriends might see lol.

Well, OH and I filled at least 15 vials each for the immune testing. It'll be another 2 weeks before we get the results. I'm hesitent to do an IUI with chlomid and gonal F with my clinic for a few reasons. Firstly, the wait time for doing a cycle with them is 3+ months. Secondly, if I get pregnant, I have old eggs and I'm afraid of a m/c because my eggs are such horrible quality. I'm tempted to go straight to Athens and do another DE IVF.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->