• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

waiting for ivf and struggling!

Pinkie - this is such a stressful & anxious time. I know it sounds mad but with less to pick from they'll definitely get the best ones, I've seen so many people get pg when they only had a few eggs. I have everything crossed for you.

2have - what's the price of iui compared to DE? It's such a tough decision, I've thought maybe I'd do better on a non medicated iui with DS, in case my eggs are ok but not ok for ivf. It's probably wishful thinking. But then I think people have to have more iui's than Ivf's to get the same success. Too many choices!

Afm: managed an hours DE research tonight. Have started to mind map all I need to look into. Got a big list of clinics too. Also need to get onto exercise as some clinics are in sunshine places & I want to look half decent if there's sun bathing!
Mum walked her furthest distance today. Really proud of her but looks like it'll still be at least another week.

Hi Minxy, iui with our clinic is $375. I don't mind trying if I've got nothing better to do but I don't want to wait 6 months for another attempt at de IVF. 3 months wait list at the clinic for the iui, then if that fails 2 months to set up de IVF, it would be Autumn by the time we get things going and I'll be delivering my first baby at the age of over 40 at that rate. Especially knowing that my own eggs are likely to not be viable, if I got a bfp and mc'd again it would be 8 months to start all over again. I feel like my options have to be the ones leaning towards the most chance of success despite costs and more efforts.

2have - I can see your point entirely. Even though the iui is a bargain, it sounds a bit of a false hope.

Hope everyone has a good weekend.

Hi ladies

How are you all? I had ET today and two good grade eight cell embies have gone back. All three made it but the the third was six cell and fragmented. Procedure was the best ever, feeling relieved and hopeful.

Hope you are all well xxx

Pinkie, so you are pupo with two right now? Yay! :)

Pinkie, congrats on being pupo!! It sounds like everything worked out brilliantly! Did they out the third on ice or was it lagging too far behind? I always like to know the different clinics freezing criteria. Ie, does there have to be more than 1? Etc. in Prague they told one lady that if she didn't live so far away they would have frozen her remaining embies. They told us the extra 4 B-grade embies didn't make it to A grade by the 6th day :shrug:

Thanks :hugs: they told us that the six cell was too far behind. I'm not sure I would have frozen just one anyway. Test date is 19th but may test day before if nothing happens (af). Just got to hope now! Xx

Pinkie - Thats great news!!! :happydance: Congratulations! I am hoping that all works out well for you and this is a successful round. Im really happy for you. x

Hi all.

Yesterday we went in for the trial transfer, and to freeze some swimmers.
Unfortunately the doctor expects I have to delay the rest of the cycle at least a week, taking another week of BCP, rather than stopping on Sunday.
I'm so sad to wait. We were hoping DH would be able to have a positive test for his birthday in April. ;)

Apparently I have a diastolic heart murmur, and it must be evaluated. The doctor called it "significant." It sounds like a diastolic one is pretty much always a bit of a problem? Always something… :(

They offered me a cardiology appointment this afternoon, but I had a long standing rheumatology appointment at the same time. I'll go on Friday instead and hope they can rule out trouble then!

Albany, I assume that's because they knock you out for the transfer and want to be careful with the anesthetic / any heart conditions? Sorry to hear about your delay, don't worry though, it'll happen and it's always good to know about heart conditions as we get older. My sis & I get quite serious heart palpitations and she went in for a major shoulder reconstructive surgery this morning. They always put us through EKG's just before being knocked out. Better to be safe then not wake up!

How's everyone else doing? Pinkie? This week is less stressful at work (did 10.5 hours OT last week. Had some contractor's in this morning to give quotes on a few things. Getting a towel heater in the main bath and very excited for that. Knocking down a wall between living and dining room to have more open space and get an island in the kitchen. The island will have to wait a few years though, we have to feather the hardwood through the kitchen first from the dining room. So many things to do, so little money! 14 years ago we bought our house...it was built in 1962, in a great central location (13 min drive to downtown for me) but with that comes updates always!! Nice distraction from the endless waiting.

Pinkie - embies sound really good. I have everything crossed for you. Have you much time off work? You've picked a good week, the weather is so nice this time of year.

AlbaNY - sorry to hear about more obstacles being put in your way but its best to get everything checked out. Looking at the forms for a clinic abroad they want you to have an ecg prior to egg collection, so its good they are taking good care of you. Hoping this moves on swiftly & smoothly.

2have - how are things with you? sounds like the house will look excellent when done & loads of space for little ones to run around I pray.

afm: I've still been very busy seeing my Mum (she's making good but very slow progress), but I have looked into a couple of clinics and sent them e-mails today. I've had responses back from both. Serum (which 2have is using), is my favorite so far. I've seen so much good feedback on the place and the e-mail I got back just seemed to really click with me. But we'll see. I think they also do an option for a tandem cycle - half DE and half OE. If the price is right & they are hopeful they could help me I'd maybe do that. Then the best blast can have a happy home inside me.
Was starting to panic on all the clinic choice but getting the ball rolling has made me feel a lot more positive.

It's my birthday Sunday, Saturday night me, DH and some friends are going to see the Feeling (band), then Sunday I'll see my Mum & the inlaws. Then Monday DH & I are going to the coast for the night, mini-break! After everything this year has chucked at us so far, I can't wait!
Hope everyone is well.

Minxy happy early birthday, I hope you have a fun weekend! With a tandem cycle do they put you through IVF then too? That would be great!
I've been researching the places to vacation in Greece, it really does have so many gorgeous islands. We're narrowing down to 2, OH wants to see Santorini and I'd like to also visit Zakinthos Island.

Hi everyone, I hope you're all doing well. I'm so happy the work week is almost over in a few hours here for me!

Hi all, I just wanted to pop in quickly to say that while I am still awaiting the echocardiogram results the clinic has let me stay on schedule. :)

I hope you are all well!

(Happy birthday Minxy!)

Hi ladies, happy St Paddy's day!
Minxy how was your birthday?
Pinkie how are you? Is everything going OK, we need updating!
Albany I hope everything is OK.
Mummy, how are the boys? Is everything getting a little more manageable? More sleep?
Well, we got one of those irobots over the weekend to vacuum the floors. We mostly have hardwood and with the kitty there's always furballs. The vacuuming was my chore and the bathrooms was the husbands so I'm going to give him some more help with the wc's.
I've decided to lose those last 30 lbs (used to be 20 before I did the DE IVF in Dec). I really wanted to reach my goal but kind of lost steam. It's spring and with Greece on the horizon I figure it'll be a nice distraction and good motivation right now. I got down to a BMI of 21.7 and now I'm back up to 24.1 and my goal was 20. So I'll do it in the next 3 months. Feel good all summer? Go into this next pregnancy with lots of room to gain before I hit that feeling yukky zone? I'm just really having a hard time with the wait and need distraction right now :nope:

Hi Ladies

How are you all? Minxy, any progress on clinics yet? Hope your Mum is still improving. 2have4, great idea to concentrate on the weight loss. I've put on loads since my first IVF, its hard to find the motivation to shift it afterwards. Albany, what are the timings of your cycle, where are you up to?

Hope everyone is ok xxx

AFM, DH has to work away again and so wont be here at the end of the week (OTD Friday) so... I tested this morning and got a BFP. We are really delighted but cautious after everything that has happened so far. We wont believe it until we see a baby on the screen! But its another huge hurdle jumped. The line was very dark (10dp3dt). I'm waiting for the clinic to call back regarding scan date. Keep feeling happy and worried all at the same time, fingers crossed! xxx

Pinkie that is fantastic news congratulations :happydance: you never know you might see two little babies on the screen FX! :thumbup:

2H4K: book yourself lots of little activities to look forward to or maybe aim to do a charity run/walk/event to keep you on top of your goal

I havent read back over teh posts but hope you are all well

AFM recovered from LAP and have been discharged from the hospital which was really wierd after so long its a bit like what now? but like you
2H4K I need to just keep my mind off it so Im focusing on booking little shopping trips and spa days here and there and secretly praying for a miracle BFP

Thanks Melbram, scan booked for 9th April. Keeping everything crossed for a BFP for you xxx

Pinkie I'm SO happy for you! Doing the sticky bean dance right now:bunny:
Melbram, I agree, we've got loads of little distractions right now. Did a fun St Paddy's evening out with friends and hoping to ski this weekend. I'm selling some furniture that I don't particularly like and we just ordered a little irobot vacuum that vacuums the house while you're at work lol Enjoy your trips, charity work and best of luck :dust:

Hi everyone, still haven't read back on posts but just saw pinkies post!!
Congratulations so happy for you.

I really need to try and go back and catch up but once the boys are in bed, my brain is frazzled and just need to chill but I will catch up soon.

Hope everyone is well x

also havent caught up - Ilana is ill with a but CONGRATS Pinkie - what wonderful news
love to everyone else
xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
EvaAriasmom
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"