• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

waiting for ivf and struggling!

Sorry to hear you cant start as soon as you want - 6 months sounds a lot longer than January - January will soon be here and in the meantime you can have a month or two of just having some fun with your DH before starting to prep your body again x By then your body will be better prepared too
....This WILL be the last Christmas we all spend without a baby - that's what I keep telling myself so we should try and enjoy it ;)

Im totally with you on the whole ppl getting pregnant without a care in the world even more so young naive parents who cant provide a stable home for their child or cant be bothered with it once the novelty has worn off - so unfair how we have to do all this prep and go through all the injections etc when drug addicts abuse their bodies and their fertility in the majority of cases isnt effected

Stay strong and TRY to have a lil fun - it really does help and is very much needed - I dont think I quite reolised until it was over how stressed and consumed by the whole experience I had become x

The 6 months goes from egg collection to egg collection.
I'd start injections end of jan and egg collection feb.

We will carry on trying in the mean time.
Weve got big plans for doing our house up before our treatment starts again x

I'm a bit calmer now and not so angry because there is nothing I can do about it x

I just had a phone call from the clinic offering us IVF and had to ask them to call back next month as we booked a vaca for Oct WAY back in May thinking we'd have had IVF and be preggers already. How irritating is that to be messed up on your own accord:dohh::growlmad::growlmad:

Oh no, you can enjoy your holiday as you'll need to be relaxed as you can to start ivf. It's hard going x

2have4kids that's the annoying part of this process not being able to plan anything "just incase" as mummywannabe says at least you can relax and enjoy your hols ready to start :)

Hey
How are we all?
Haven't been on for a few days. Just been working really x

Hi mummy wannabe I got my referral! :happydance:Well to a gyno at stoke mandeville I hope to check tubes etc so hopefully moving forward a little. More waiting :dohh: x

Great news Chicky

Im well thanks mummywannabe - got confirmation that I am a qualified lawyer through the post over the weekend so maybe my luck is changing now - Iv had the worst year ever so far so fx things are looking up

Iv got my FU next Tuesday so hopefully find out a bit of what went wrong what to change etc but first hope to get referred back for my tubes to be checked so we can hold on to a miracle natural conception

How are you doing mummywannabe?

Glad you got your referal. It's a lovely feeling to know things are moving on.
When they check your tubes it doesn't hurt, don't read things because I did and it frightened me, I had it and it was fine.

Wow congratulations! A lawyer, well done you!!!
Yes hope your luck changes and mine.
Hope you get some answers but they can't often tell you what goes wrong.

I'm ok not doing much, just working and the evenings go by so quickly and your back at work again! X

Chicky that's great about the referral-congrats. I wish you a speedy process now that you're in the system.
Melbram, you are a qualified lawyer lady? Fantastic! Any idea what kind of law you'd like to practice? We have a rental property and have had to take people to tenants court in order to collect for damages, my husband said the last time we went that I should do it for a living - we were so organised. I don't kid myself, the more you know...the more you know you don't know! And I'd hate to be examined on all of the acts, rules of court, civil/vs criminal justice, government legislation etc whatever else there is to know.
Mommywannabe Hi! Don't work too hard ;)

Thanks ladies I hope so too. Did anyone else notice after bloods and everything came back fine their cycles went all whacko! I'm on cd 7 but have now had almost 10 days of bleeding!

Congrats on becoming a fully qualified lawyer! Now we all know where to go for advice! Lol :winkwink: x

Chicky that's great about the referral-congrats. I wish you a speedy process now that you're in the system.
Melbram, you are a qualified lawyer lady? Fantastic! Any idea what kind of law you'd like to practice? We have a rental property and have had to take people to tenants court in order to collect for damages, my husband said the last time we went that I should do it for a living - we were so organised. I don't kid myself, the more you know...the more you know you don't know! And I'd hate to be examined on all of the acts, rules of court, civil/vs criminal justice, government legislation etc whatever else there is to know.
Mommywannabe Hi! Don't work too hard ;)

I've been practicing in Employment and Personal Injury Law for the last 4 years so glad to finally qualify :)

Hmm well maybe with all the stress of ttc now my body is relaxing a bit :shrug: I just hate how out of control we are when ttc and I need to be in control! :haha: x

Yes stress can cause a lot of weird things to our bodies.
I don't think my cycles were different after bloods, mine were just as long as they usually are x

Hows everyone doing?

I attended my FU today it was a total waste of time - it takes me an hour to get to the hospital and could have been done over the phone in my opinion.

I was told my last cycle went great I responded well even though I didnt get pregnant - will probably keep me on the same protocol next time - they are unlikley to up the amps because I ended up over stimmulating

I asked about the quality of the eggs and embies I had put back but didnt get much of an answer - also they dont do a full SA so have no idea what OHs counts etc were

Wont let me have the lap and dye because they dont think its necessary in my case there has been nothing to indicate any tubal problem so in other words a waste of NHS money

Just have to ring now when I want to start my next cycle - physically and mentally cant go through it just yet so will start again in the new year x

You are strong! Because if I was offered it straight away I'd do it. I'm biting at the bit to get started, but understand its such a hard thing to go through and you have to be prepared!

I'm ok. Not doing much. Just working and getting things done in the house.'plastering the room that would be babies and getting builders starting in a few weeks to do a downstairs toilet which I think we would need with children.
So got things to keep us occupied but everything I see around me, makes me think of bsbies and hubby is more do than ever before x

Glad youv got lots on keeping you busy busy busy - when can you start again?

Id rather go again in 2013 because this year has been an awful year so new year fresh start etc etc + 13 is my luck number ;) but I know what you mean - everyone is either getting pregnant or giving birth!

Melbram, when you got over stimulated did you get lots of fluid or what happened with that? A lady at work had the same and said she had to get a needle to drain the fluid that made her look 5 months preggers two weeks after her IVF. She said it was a bucketful! Hopefully it wasn't that bad for you, that would be really horrible.

How's everyone? I've come to ask your advice with something. If in my posts I've used my signature 99% of the time and then if I wanted to put a pregnancy timeline on it, how does one do this without having the timeline appear on all of the LTTTC threads that I've chatted on? I don't want to upset the girls I've befriended and this may not even be a sticky bean but after Wednesday's second blood test come back I'm going to treat it like a real one and run with it.

I've spent the whole day bawling, I guess I can't believe it after my shitty diagnosis and the amount of time we've been trying. I am happy but just emotional and certainly scared that something bad will happen. I'm also SO relieved to not have to pay $10K+ for IVF in Nov/Dec. It was coming up fast.

The equinox happened Saturday and I took a big group of friends out to the astronomical observatory to watch the stars. It was a great evening. How were your weekends ladies? I hope you're all doing well.

Ohh congratulations darling.
Unfortunately if you put a ticker or signiture on your profile it's for a to see.
They will be happy for you. You've had a long struggle too and they will get there turn.
So you will have to decide if you want to put 1 on.

It was horrible when I had to delete mine, It's things like that after a mc that keep you reminded. Also I signed up to bounty and pampers newsletters and keep getting them telling me how many weeks I am. Don't know how to stop them.

I wish you all the luck with it being sticky bean. Don't want you going through what I have.

I worker all weekend but the weather was so rubbish it wasn't that busy anyway.
Last night we stripped the wall paper off the smallest bedroom ready for the plasterer tomorrow. It's hard work but got to get done x

You told many people? I found it hard not to because everyone at work knew I was off work to do ivf so people kept asking me.
What job do you do?

Everyone else ok x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kayzee94
Back