waiting for ivf and struggling!

Hi Mummy, the date is Jan 19 (Saturday). I fly into San Diego on Friday, they pick me up from my hotel Saturday morning, fly home Tuesday evening.

I'm on my way out to the mountains to ski today and it's a whopping -18 out there. We left the renovations behind and will hook up with friends to have a dip in the Banff Springs Hot Tub and then dinner out. I've just downed a big ugly green shake full of vitamins spinach, berries and turmeric (anti-inflammatory & egg quality protein shake) doesn't that just sound so very appetising? I know you want to run out and make one of your own lol Not!
What's everyone up to this weekend?

I'm Letchworth. I'm surprised you were offered cambs I would have jumped at that.
You don't go on the m25 to get to hammersmith you take north circular towards wembly, it's not too bad but cambs would have been easier as more people get into London in the mornings.
I can't fault them really like I say it was 1 time out of the whole time I was there and I was upset and emotional. I suppose they are there to try and get people pregnant and if you've already miscarried there's not much you can do really.
They offer counciling which we were told to use but it was £75 for an hour and we weren't paying that. We are a strong couple and my hubby was my rock through the whole thing, we got through it together.
So where have you chosen then?

How's everyone's weekend? I'm working all weekend so just chilling out in the evenings, the young staff do my head in and stress me out so I love it when the day is over x

Ha 2 have 4 kids that sounds disgusting! I can't eat it drink things I don't like or it makes me sick. Where you hear about this?

Wow skiing in -18 ha my hubby loves Canada and skiing I've not done either.
We are due snow tonight until Monday.

Are you nervous about the op and going on your own?
Is be petrified going on my own, I'm a wimp x

Mummy.wannabe yeah when I was first offered cambridge i was like I am not going to go all the way there but then I saw the other option was hammersmith and thought might not be that bad. Yes I have decided I am going to go to Bourn hall. I went onto the HFEA website to compare the success rates but without knowing if I will be having IVF or IUI the rates are kinder meaningless to me so I based it on the waiting time really Bourn- 4-6 weeks, hammer- under the 13 week nhs guide line ( which I can only read as it can take up to 13 weeks to get an appointment. So hoping I should get an appointment by end of feb early march[-o<.
It is so good that you have a supportive dh it really does help, £75! It sounds like they are trying to make money out of the situation.
Weekend was not to bad went shopping have two work do's this week and next that are black tie so needed dresses, did not understand my dh logic of buy one for both events:shrug:

2 have 4 kids -18 that is definitely cold I was complaining about the weather here in the uk and its only -1 lol well I hope you had fun. Your ops this fri have you got everything packed?

With the NSH are you ladies able to choose your docs or just put in for which fertility clinic you want to go to?

Hi Bundles, not quite packed yet. I'm only taking a carry on and 1 set of clothes since I'll be in hospital gear most of the time :winkwink:
Hi Mummy, I make these shakes all the time lol. If you've got enough berries in there you don't even taste the spinach (although it is green). It filled me up all day till dinner. The skiing was great. We did the hot tub after and then the 6 of us went out to Chinese food in Banff. Not great for my diet but I did well in not having too much and not taking very much rice (even though I skipped lunch!)

I'm down 4 lbs today. We'll see if it sticks. Mummy I'm not really that nervous about the surgery. I've seen all the pics from friends who just had it last weekend and know what to expect. There will be 2 other ladies in there with me doing the same thing. I've been on the post op diet now and find it fine (I can see how you'd lose weight fairly quickly with it too). I'm just excited for change and to get preggers this spring/summer. Good things to come this year!! Filling up the time with fun distractions.:wacko:
ski1.jpghot-springs.jpg

Hi 2have4kids no we are no able to choose the dr. But can choose the clinical as long as the hospital trust fund that clinic.
Ah that's not to bad travelling light.
4Ibs well done! Ooh I am intrigued about the pre op diet what can you eat?

Hi 2have4kids no we are no able to choose the dr. But can choose the clinical as long as the hospital trust fund that clinic.
Ah that's not to bad travelling light.
4Ibs well done! Ooh I am intrigued about the pre op diet what can you eat?
It's high protein low carb. You need to make sure you get your proteins in first, then your veggies and if you have room you can do quinoa or a low glycemic load carb, no white anything and preferably not bread.
It's pretty much a liquid diet the first few weeks and I hear that soft foods like fish, sashimi etc are fine too. Protein powder added to soups and cream of wheat is the easiest to do this, I'll be pureeing that spinach! I need my veggies. Then as the weeks progress back to a normal diet, just never going to have the same hunger urges or able to eat a huge amount at once ever again!

Glad your not nervous it will be easier on you if your not.
I don't think I could do that diet but if its for your op you have to do it.

We didn't get to choose the doctors, we were given a list of hospital to choose from, we choose 1 then had to wait for the apointment to come through.
I see a different doctor each time. They have a few on at a time and you see who's available. There all nice tho. And the nurses are lovely too x

I started my period 9 days early which has not happened for a very very long time. So booked my investigation scan for Friday, to find out if anything has changed x
Don't like having scans whilst on my period it's horrible thing to do x

I have another investigation scan Friday, hopefully ill get my injections too so we don't have to do the journey again x

Hope everyone is ok x

Hi Mummy, let us know how the scan goes. fx for everything working perfectly!

2have4kids - good luck with your op this weekend :hugs: Let us know how you get on x

Mummy - hope the scan goes well tomorrow, what are they looking for? x

2have4kids - ah the diet is kinda like what I am doing now so that makes me feel better! Have a safe trip flying out tomorrow and best of luck for your surgery on Saturday. Let us know how you get on! You will be one step closer to being a yummy mummy!

Mummy.wannabe - yeah it's the worst thing having scans while on. Good luck with the scan tomorrow fingers crossed you get the injections to.

Good luck 2have4kids with the surgery. Hope all goes well and your not in any discomfort.

My scan is to see if the pcos or endo has changed at all.
Maybe as I fell pregnant last time they think it can change a little.
It's 1 step closer starting tho.
It's meant to be real heavy snow tomorrow so we will have to leave a lot of time.

Everyone else ok? X

Excited for the trip, rented a car for the day tomorrow to whip around San Diego shopping ;)
I hope things have got better with the Endo/PCOS mummy, can't wait to hear you're updates!
How's everyone else doing?

2have4kids - have a fab shopping trip, perfect distraction.

Mummy.wannabe - I hope you hear good news tomorrow. Scans are grim, more so with AF.

Bundlesofjoy - how is the diet going? When is your appointment?

AFM - not sure where things are up to after the IVF. Had a bit of spotting Monday but nothing since. Also had AF type cramps off and on all week. I calculated that AF should arrive Mon-Wed next week but now I'm not sure. Just going with it until our consultation on the 28th.

I've been wondering how to increase our chances next time and I wondered about my eggs... they got 27 follies but only 12 of those were good enough to use. I thought I'd work on trying to get more gooduns. I've read drinking a pint of milk/day helps so I've been on the white stuff with the usual vits plus royal jelly. Any tips gratefully recieved!

x

I only had 2 eggs last time so I'd be interested to know what's good to make good quality eggs x

CoQ10, resveritrol and DHEA for us older ladies. That's just my opinion though, it's not scientific by any means! :haha:

I haven't a clue what they are ha
I just want to know what to eat that might help me x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back