waiting for ivf and struggling!

Ah OK I get the difference. Yah a whole day for shopping now that's an incentive to go! :happydance:

I have to do something to distract my brain from thinking about it!

Wow 2have4kids the things us ladies will do to have a baby!
Well I wish you all the best and if you've done your research and know that's best for you then that's fine.
Baby would get enough food? You'll be constantly eating when pregnant, little and often is good anyway.
Glad you've told us and you can talk to us about it all.
Will you feel ok after the few days?

Weight is a constant battle for so many people I wish it wasn't mine, I don't want to be skiny just have a flat tum and not so big legs and bingo wings ha
I still wang curves and I bum!

bundlesofjoy - Good Luck! Are you on any special diets? How far away from the target are you? When I found out on 28th May last year that we needed to lose so much before we could start I was devastated, I thought it would take forever as DP had so much to lose. But by mid-sept I had lost 2st and DP had lost his 5st. You really can get there when its something you want so badly. As far as we were concerned, there would never be a better reason to diet hard.

2have4kids - Wow! I think if there is a solution to help maintain a healthy weight then you should absolutely go for it, especially if it will make your cycles regular. A very close friend of mine had a gastric bypass which I was worried about as it seemed so drastic. She has lost 6st, looks amazing and at least 10 years younger and soooo happy! The bypass is too severe when TTC as it wouldnt be good for pregnancy but I would consider a band if I wasnt so much of a wimp (the regular fiddling with it would put me off!). I'm quite open minded to maybe needing something like that after kids as there will come a point where I just wont be able to shift it anymore.

:hugs:

Hi Pinkie 33

Last year I weighed 14stone 4Ibs and I am now down to 13stone 4Ibs as of this morning. I need to be down to 12stone 12 and have an appointment on the 31st to get weighed and then transferred. I am not on a specific diet because as soon as I say I am on a diet I tend to eat my body weight in food:shrug::dohh:
Also dh is one of does annoying people who eat what they want and put on no weight.
So I am just eating healthy I never use to really eat breakfast so started having porridge and i now have small meals every three hours and cut out carbs after 4 pm
The end goal is definitely worth it but its just so hard brat::brat::

Once you were referred how long did it take for you to get an appointment?

You have done really well! I didnt follow any diet plan either, I'm not sure I would have found it that helpful. We just cut out fat, sugar and booze! Luckily we both had to diet, I think it made it much easier. Fingers crossed for your appointment :hugs:

Once we were weighed in ok we were referred to the clinic and met the consultant within a month. We then started the following cycle. They may want to do some tests for you though, DP had do (yet another) SA and I had bloods and an ultrasound first.

Wow 2have4kids the things us ladies will do to have a baby!
Well I wish you all the best and if you've done your research and know that's best for you then that's fine.
Baby would get enough food? You'll be constantly eating when pregnant, little and often is good anyway.
Glad you've told us and you can talk to us about it all.
Will you feel ok after the few days?

Weight is a constant battle for so many people I wish it wasn't mine, I don't want to be skiny just have a flat tum and not so big legs and bingo wings ha
I still wang curves and I bum!

Thanks for the kind words guys. Yes mummy, sleevers haven't had issues with getting enough food, like you said little amounts frequently. That's more like how I probably should be eating anyway. I'll be in hospital for 2 days then they put you up at a hotel over night and then you're free to go. Many people said they went to work the next day. We'll see. I've been cleared to take the week if I need it. I don't want to be skinny either, trust me, just enough so that my hormones and arthritis aren't so effected.

bundlesofjoy - Good Luck! Are you on any special diets? How far away from the target are you? When I found out on 28th May last year that we needed to lose so much before we could start I was devastated, I thought it would take forever as DP had so much to lose. But by mid-sept I had lost 2st and DP had lost his 5st. You really can get there when its something you want so badly. As far as we were concerned, there would never be a better reason to diet hard.

2have4kids - Wow! I think if there is a solution to help maintain a healthy weight then you should absolutely go for it, especially if it will make your cycles regular. A very close friend of mine had a gastric bypass which I was worried about as it seemed so drastic. She has lost 6st, looks amazing and at least 10 years younger and soooo happy! The bypass is too severe when TTC as it wouldnt be good for pregnancy but I would consider a band if I wasnt so much of a wimp (the regular fiddling with it would put me off!). I'm quite open minded to maybe needing something like that after kids as there will come a point where I just wont be able to shift it anymore.

:hugs:
Many sleevers are x-banders. The band has too many downfalls (slippages, constant adjusting, and heart burn-you still have the whole stomach producing acid). The sleevers also have the benefit of not having the constant Ghrelin hormone or malnutrition issues. After kids I'm having a bb reduction too. My surgeon is all set to go. I've got 1 side that's at least a size or two bigger than the other and they are so flippen heavy (36GG) the insurance actually covers this one (I have permanent huge indents in my shoulders and back/neck issues). After a certain size they know it's cheaper to pay for the surgery than continue chiro & massage bills.

I used to scoff at fix-it surgery and I'm just so sick of this mess, I'll do anything to improve my quality of life.

Pinkie: I will be cutting out alcohol and caffeine, cutting out sugar and processed food and eating a lot of protein, fruit and veg. I also take Royal Jelly and have starting take wellwoman pre-conception tablets + getting used to drinking 3 litres of water again. I dont need to lose weight for IVF but I do need to get fit because I do no excercise at all and sit down all day at work so will be starting to do some exercise too

mummy and pinkie good luck with your weight loss...so hard eating healthy when all you want is comfort food with this weather

2have4kids: wow you go girl! if that is what you want to do them Im sure everyone would be behind you x :hugs:

welcome to the thread bundle x good luck with your journey x

Pinkie 33 thanks I just the day to come, I am not really good at waiting but am having to learn. Lol
Yeah while I was losing the weight I had two failed hsg- it was a terrible experience and an internal ultrasound scan. Dh has had numerous SA so hoping all the test can be transferred over. That quick you got an appointment in a month my gp said it could take up to four months to get a response which I was not impressed with hopefully I will get it sooner

Pinkie 33 thanks I just the day to come, I am not really good at waiting but am having to learn. Lol
Yeah while I was losing the weight I had two failed hsg- it was a terrible experience and an internal ultrasound scan. Dh has had numerous SA so hoping all the test can be transferred over. That quick you got an appointment in a month my gp said it could take up to four months to get a response which I was not impressed with hopefully I will get it sooner

Melbram thanks lady:hugs:
Bundles, two failed hsg, does this mean that your tubes are blocked? I'm sorry you had to go through that. I hope the appointment surprises you in a speedy sort of way. Waiting is really difficult, hence this thread:thumbup:

2have4kids- currently I don't know if they are the dye was not able to enter the uterus. The first time I went for the hsg a dr tried to perform it and it was unsuccessfully but yet still very painfull. I was told that a consultant would need to perform it. Second time turned up and it was the same dr!:nope: I am then told that all the consultants no longer work at the this hospital and she will be performing it again! Anyway 45 mins later we have both had enough and she says I have a titled uterus and she still can't get it in:growlmad: but that it did not matter as I would need to be referred due to dh count

Oh what a waste of time! I would have been annoyed with that! But you will get refered anyway as the chances of falling pregnant will be greater.
It very hard waiting. I was bad at the begining, ok a few months inbetween and now it's so close again and felling the impatient vibes again x

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-20979355

2have4kids - dont know whether this link will apply to you - might be a useful read? hope it works! im not very good at copying links etc!

Oh what a waste of time! I would have been annoyed with that! But you will get refered anyway as the chances of falling pregnant will be greater.
It very hard waiting. I was bad at the begining, ok a few months inbetween and now it's so close again and felling the impatient vibes again x
Yeah that's what I hope, just need to lose the weight and then fingers crossed Everything will start moving. What hospital are you having your ivf at? I was told I could only be referred to hammersmith or Cambridge I wanted to choose one that maybe had a shorter waiting list

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-20979355

2have4kids - dont know whether this link will apply to you - might be a useful read? hope it works! im not very good at copying links etc!

Hi Melbram, it's a great little article, thank you! I think they are correct in their assertions, I'm not in any of the categories that they speak about though. Except for maybe possible risk for miscarriage being greater after weight loss. That one hopefully will not be my nemesis.

They mentioned morbidly obese, I'm considered borderline overweight/obese with my hovering bmi 27-30. They also speak about the band or bypass. Bypass causes malnutrition and the band has terrible statistics of slipping and causing all sorts of heart burn/vomiting issues. In making my tummy smaller I simply can't hold large quantities of food. When you're preggers you should be eating small amounts frequently anyway, to stave off morning sickness. I'm going to push IVF up a few months to wait until I've lost some weight and healed from surgery. I don't want to start right after the surgery next week.

Bundlesof joy just realised your hertfordshire too
I'm at hammersmith and its a lovely hospital, only bad experience was when I had a mc I felt they didn't care and just left me a few days but other than that all people were lovely x

Cambs wasn't offered to me but if it was I would have taken it as its closer, I journey to London every other day is so tiring and really took it out of me, leaving mine at around 5 to miss workers traffic and getting there far to early, but luckily they open at 7 and I was able to move forward all off my appointments if I arrived early.
I'm within the weight to still have ivf but just need to loose weight.

2have4kids
What's the date of surgery? X

Mummy.wannable yeah that's what I was worried about with going to hammersmith, and going on the m25 in the mornings it would take me an hour to get to Cambridge but at least there would be no traffic,
Ah I am sorry to hear about the experience after your mc, that's my worry with hammersmith dh has a friend who went there who also did not have a good experience there but I know they do over a thousand a year so did not want o judge on just one experience

Cambs wasn't offered to me but if it was I would have taken it as its closer, I journey to London every other day is so tiring and really took it out of me, leaving mine at around 5 to miss workers traffic and getting there far to early, but luckily they open at 7 and I was able to move forward all off my appointments if I arrived early.
I'm within the weight to still have ivf but just need to loose weight.

2have4kids
What's the date of surgery? X

I am surprised you were not offered Cambridge I live in knebworth where in Hertfordshire are you?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->