waiting for ivf and struggling!

So far I've read brocolli and other dark green veg, nuts and seeds, eggs and fish all assist egg quality along with the milk, macca and royal jelly. Cant do any harm I suppose!

Macca and royal jelly you get as pills?
I take Evening primrose and Cod liver oil tablets.
Do you ever think your taking too many tablets? Or because there all natural it's fine x

I've often wondered if we are taking too many pills, when we were dieting, we were taking more pills than food at times :haha: Macca and royal jelly are both available in tablet form. I've read that royal jelly is a fairly helpful thing to be taking anyway.

I think that part of the problem with LTTC is that you can read too much and end up trying everything and anything however obscure. I managed to put DP on 9 different tablets at one stage. He took them all without complaint but I can see now it was excessive and now he just takes Welman Conception. Having said that, his SA increased from 6 to 100,000, which although low is still a massive increase % wise so maybe there was some good in there somewhere! x

My hubby's went up after taking his pills and eating well.
Not sure if it has gone up again because they don't tell you again once you've done ivf.

I might go get them pills then.
We are driving to London now. Given ourselves a fair bit of time because its snowing quite heavily and very foggy.
Know we going to be stuck in traffic on the way home x

HI everyone

Mummy: hope it all goes well today

2have4kids: good luck tomorrow :thumbup:

Pinkie: make sure your milk is whole milk. For good eggies we need to increase our protein - veg protein (pulses, lentils, beans, nuts and soya etc) is better than meat protein - too much meet protein leads to poor ovulation. This is hopeless for me because I dont really like veg..yes I am a very fussy eater! Pumpkin and sesame seeds are also the best because they are high in Omega 3 - other than that TRY sticking to a low GI diet - although I think you have to enjoy some bad food now and then :happydance:

Everything has stayed the same with me. I've booked my consultation meeting for 14th feb it's 2-3 hours.
We were meant to have 1 as its a group meeting with people starting the same time, but we didn't get 1 last time, we turned up expecting it but had just 1 on 1 with our nurse, they were surprised when we said today that we didn't get 1.
It's really starting again soon and I can't wait x

great new mummy.wannabe
was that how long the wait was for the next meeting - is that the co-ordination appointment?
my next appointment at Hammersmith is 24th Jan (next Thursday) and am hoping to be told if we are long or short protocol -we are still at the gynae unit and i was confused by that as i thought our referral from Northwick Park fertility unit would be straight to the IVF clinic.
am hoping they dont suggest more tests or clomid or something like that and that we can move straight to book the co-ordination appointment - they said the wait time for that was a couple of weeks ?
xxxx

Great News Mummy - not long now

Hi Ducktales hope you get some answers on your next visit. Im at a different hosptial but was also very confused when I first started the IVF journey. When I was referred by GP for IVF I thought that was it but oh no it was to gynae for more tests. If you have already been through all that then fx you will be on the rollercoaster soon too xx

Yes that was the next meeting on feb 14th and I should start my period the following week.
That's the co ordination appt. they go through the injections and any questions but I've done a whole cycle now I know what to do and expect so I think it's silly going through it all again. 2-3 hours! Then you go off with a nurse individually to talk about what your going to be doing and get your prescription.

Ducktales they haven't said what your doing next then? X

Hi mummy - no i have been left somewhat in limbo.
my referral letter was sent in Oct 2009 from Northwick Park to Hammersmith Hospital IVF clinic.
I saw the gynae clinic- Dr Das (which i was surprised about) and she asked some questions then said DH needed to have sperm test and i needed another internal ultrasound and we both needed blood tests (HIV, Hep etc) which we had on the day.
I asked her about IVF which she hadnt even mentioned and she said, wait till we get the results.
So we go back on Thursday this week and I honestly dont know what is going to be said/ done. there is the suggestion from some of the other girls that she might try and make us take clomid before moving on (i have been fighting for clomid for 2 years but have been told that because i ovulate normally and regularly it is not suitable for me)
if she does suggest that, i will be fighting it on thursday
we had planned our entire year around doing this IVF before April/May due to a huge family wedding and my work means I will be in court most of this year and will not be able to manage IVF at the same time
fingers crossed.
I hope on thursday we move across and then i guess we see someone in the Wolfson clinic ?
How silly that you have to go through it all again, and i am surprised by the length of the wait time - the co-ordination team when i phoned last week told me it was a 1-2 week wait time max

xxx

I'd be frustrated if I didn't know what I was going. As hubby has a low count there was never anything else we could do but ivf with icsi.

Maybe there was some consultations before that but she asked when I was due on and I said end of feb so gave me that date.

Yes you move to the wolfson clinic and then stay going there until its all done. There all nice in there too x

Duck tales Oct 2009? Have you not been contacted since? That's a LONG time to be waiting. If you had diminished reserve that would be a very tough situation. I'm pretty impatient, would probably have my I've done in Cancun at that rate. I wish you a speedy process now that things are moving.

Hello :flower:

Melbram - oops, I have been drinking semi-skimmed, I think my diet efforts have steered me away from full fat! I'll get some in and try and stop DP diving into it :haha: I'm going to try and make an effort to eat more dark green veg but its not me fave to be honest. Seeds and nuts are good though.

Mummy.wannabe - thats great news, not long now! The 14th will be here before you know it. At least now you can feel like things are happening which must be a relief.

Ducktales - sorry you are in limbo. Hopefully you will get some answers on Thursday. I think the waiting is not so bad when you know when things will start, its the not-knowing that is so frustrating.

2have4kids - how are you? How has it all gone? Hope all is well.

AFM, feeling better now that appointment is only a week tomorrow. Keeping everything crossed that we get our Plan B in place soon. We decided to be industrious and take our minds off things this morning by chopping logs, the weather can do what it likes now (see pic!). I think we going sledging on the farm soon, although I'm a wimp so we'll see!

Attachments

• Logs.jpg
    Logs.jpg
    133.8 KB · Views: 2
Oh lovely pinkie, hubby wants to open our fire place up and have a real fire.
It's been snowing heavy here. I've been in my pjs all day, watching films and just made chocolate cupcakes! Oops!

I'll start a proper diet before I start x

Feb will soon be here so I'm just going to try not to be impatient about it all x

Pinkie nice logs
Mummy in PJ's watching films all day while it's snowing, it all sounds like so much fun!

I had surgery Saturday, it was quick and then I slept, I'm not in any pain and fly out tomorrow early. The surgeon drove me to get my prescription and drop my at the hotel where the other ladies were and his coordinator. I'm watching movies then have hellish flights tomorrow. Good thing for my iPad, rent some movies & read my book. Blah.
Anyway, let the weight loss begin!!!

So glad your ok. Been thinking about you.
Hope you have an ok flight and not feel too bad x

Stopped snowing here but -8 this morning.
We've been dead at work but nice to just chat to the ladies x

Glad to hear your surgery went well 2have4kids x I wish you a speedy recovery x

Hi,

Just to update, we have our IVF coordination appointment on 14th Feb and will be doing IVF with ICSI due to DH motility (30%).
I will be on long protocol - does this mean we start on cd21 ??
if we do then it would be 6th March, providing they dont shut for easter.

2have4kids, glad everything went well
pinkie - sorry you have probably said it before, but when is your next cycle?
melbram, mummywannabe and anyone else I have missed out - hi, hope you are doing ok
xxxxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->