waiting for ivf and struggling!

Mummy and Bundles I can relate to the bitter sweet feelings hearing about other's pregnancies. All of my work mates are around my age, 3 of them had babies last year. So the one in my 'pod' will be back in 2 weeks and I"m sure she'll be working on her second. It feels like the world is passing me by.

I work with mainly older ladies and there children are all teenagers so not seeing it at work, just my friends.
My younger brothers little girl turned 1 just before christmas and along the whole way I've found it hard to deal with, seeing her makes me so want my own.

We will get there ladies!!!!! It has to be our turn soon x

Yes this will be our year!
Mummy.wannabe from the fact that she said that in her text she sounds like a good friend so I am sure you have nothing to apologise about. Currently this year I know 2 pregnant people and 2 who have just had there's. I know it's the age we are at but it does make it hard.

I've known her since we were 3. She's very sensitive about it all. She's a great Friend it's just upsetting that I've been trying for so long and she falls 1st month, but like 1000s of woman out there too.
I have a few "friends" on Facebook who are a lot younger than I am and pregnant, and announced being pregnant at between 8-11 weeks and then constant "bump" photos, so look I'm so bigs, look at my fat face, look at that I'm huge, and I just want to comment on them and say just shut up little girl, constant moaning about it, I can't wait for that.
But that's me sounding very bitter ha x

Yeah I understand it is hard 1st month!
I know my BFF has two at the moment and when we were young she also said she would never have kids and the got pregnant twice while on contraception!
Haha well we are both bitter than as it really annoys me to! One friend came round for a chat and was showing me her tum she was 5 months at the time and was complaining about getting fat even though she still fits into her size ten clothes, about imaginary stretch marks and all sorts I got in such a hump I was like well let's just be happy you are pregnant and your bay is healthy! I just don't get it but I think it's coz it's come so easy for them it's easy to then complain

I just find that people who've never had to deal with infertility have really no idea about etiquette around it including the pregnancy complaints to someone struggling. All of my friends have had their kids and are approaching the perfect babysitting age. The workmates are on their second set of kids. I'm really REALLY hoping for twins or even triplets (at no other time would I wish this on myself except for now) to make up for some lost time and have a big family as I've always wished for.

Bundles I see we're very similar in our weight loss journey =D Well done pretty lady! No one's even noticed anything yet except for my husband. Hopefully when I get down to the low 180's it might be noticable. My size 16's don't fit anymore, on to 14's. I want to fit into size 10/12 as my final goal. Then I'd feel like I can go into any shop and buy anything I like without worrying ...is it going to fit?

2have4kids I agree they do not
I understand about having twins or triplets it seems crazy to knowing do it but if you want a big family it gets you there quicker and less to and fro to the clinic
Yes we're weight wise! I was hoping to go down to 180ibs which would make me a 8/10 same here only dh noticed the weight loss. Haha

I feel the same. I'd have never wanted twins before we couldn't conceive, and now I would give anything to have them. I too feel like it would be that much more special to have 2 since we have been waiting for so long.
But we will have to wait and see ladies.

Oh dear I'm still in my 16s and can't seem to stop craving sweet stuff after my dinner. Not lost any weight but not been trying really. I really do need to start being better x

Calorie free jello, tea and berries are my trick. Dream whip also has very few calories (to go on the jello/berries).

That's 1 thing I hate, Is the texture of jelly! Yukkkk
We don't get dream whip here, I take it it's like squirty cream? X

That's 1 thing I hate, Is the texture of jelly! Yukkkk
We don't get dream whip here, I take it it's like squirty cream? X

It's powder that you beat with skim milk & vanilla extract for 2 minutes that turns out to be very much like whipping cream. Without ~10 calories per dollop.

I just called my doc today to get help dealing with my non/late-ovulating body and they didn't believe me. They thought I was missing the peak on my OPK's. I saw the peak you freaks :haha: So I told them to send me for some blood work today because it's CD27 and still haven't O'd. Then they wanted to offer me IUI with monitoring. I might try to squeak some drugs out of them to help me ovulate/peak and then try naturally. IUI with monitoring would probably be $1000 and we're doing IVF in may anyway. Have any of you ladies ever had luteal phase problems?

I'm super cranky today, everything is always rush this rush that at work.:comp: I'm tired and feel burned out with no more vacation time left. Sick of these fertility issues and I feel tired (been working out and I'm not used to it) and the diet. Blahhhh. Sorry to dump.:nope: I just need some quality time in my bed I think with a good move or book and a cup of tea :coffee:

Arw darlin it's fine to feel crap and down some days!
And we're here to listen to it.
I dont know about my luteal phase to be honest, I get bad pains about 2 weeks before I start my period so think its fairly normal for my long cycles.

I text my friend today to ask her how she was feeling as I don't want her to not talk about her pregnancy because of me, so hopefully that has broke the Ice about it x

What do you think is best for you to do then?
I don't know what IUI is? X
If they were to give you something to ovulate properly would that be free? Or cheaper x

Thanks mummy for the compassion. Yes, they can give me all the drugs they want because they're covered. It's just the services they provide IE IUI where they insert his :spermy: and the u/s follicle monitoring which is the whopper expense. Bloods and drugs are covered by insurance.

That's a great idea of a text to your friend. I hope she responds in a non-complainy way lol.

gawd I just re-read my previous post...yes I just need a good move in bed :haha: well THAT and a good movie/book and cup of tea is always welcome ;)

IUI they just insert the sperm into you and your body does it naturally?
Sorry thick ha
That's good that most things are covered my insurance etc coz its so bloody pricey. We are very lucky!
I'm in bed watching tv, will prob go bed soon.
What times it there?
It's nearly 11pm here x

Yes that's right. They track your follicle, sometimes they trigger ot and then you go in the next day where he has just donated, they scrub the sperm, they insert them right up there with a thing that goes through the uterus and right to the fallopian tube end. IUI only gives a max extra 25% chance of getting preggers. I hated it and just want to try naturally (given they can help me straighten out my cycle.

Surely it would be easier and cheaper for them if they helped out with your cycles and let you do it naturally than with IUI x

Yeah It does sound like it would be easier especially since you have one IUI before?

Yes was fine. I asked her a few things and then she changed the subject so that was good x

Yes mummy, I'm curious too to know how your text went.

I just heard from the fc this morning. We're doing 1 round of iui before the ivf. They'll write that the u/s follicle tracking is necessary so that insurance covers it and the trigger shot should be paid for too. Apparently I was wrong, I did ovulate this month. It'll give them more of a picture what the follicles are doing before IVF. OH goes to Abudabi for business in March so next month is our last try before I start long protocol. Glad that most of it is covered and since it's our last try, it'll be worth giving it a good go (despite the discomfort!). When he heard that I had O'd this month OH said 'well I guess we should just be shagging more and trust the technology less'...um yes, I won't argue with that.

On another bright side, down another pound today. That's 11 lbs since surgery on Jan 19th! I'm extremely happy about it and feeling great today. I've had my tea, a read and working from home today in my bed lol. I took the cats out to play in the backyard at noon, all the grumpiness is gone.
Meet Angus (hubbie's proper name for him is Black Angus of Argyle), my 24 lb boy and Enya, my wily little girl cat.
angus.jpgenya.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->