waiting for ivf and struggling!

I think AFM = as for me/myself. 5 more days, you can do it! lol.
Melbram that sounds lovely-really.
Pinkie, I would be horrified. Hopefully it was in a place where she didn't realise he left it.
It does look like we're all starting in around the same time. I don't care how it comes, I'd rather have twins now to catch up for lost time and because they know I'm nearing the end of my fertility. IUI in feb/Mar and if that doesn't work IVF in april/may. Just get me knocked up already. If the IUI doesn't work out at least I'll have more time to lose more weight.

Yes so would I, id love twins now, it would be hard but so magical.

Can you explain what they do in IUI? X

Hey mummywannabe here is a good link to a description of it:coffee:
https://www.hfea.gov.uk/IUI.html

Mummywannabe: we should be doing our second round around the same time because I will be on the long protocol again so will have to down reg and then stim so my egg collection and transfer wont be until late March/beginning of April - you might be a bit ahead of me this time round x

Yeah if AF stays away I should be starting the week after 15th.
So I should be due to rest about the last week of march x

Thanks 2 hsbe4 kids ill have a look when I get home x

Hello
Think I got away with it! DP said she didnt see the texts and started a new one. Think I might get him a chain to hang his phone around his neck, cant risk that happening again :haha:

I wondered about IUI too but DPs numbers are just too low. I like the thought of not going through the drug regime. I've read the success rates are much lower than IVF but presumably the treatment is much cheaper.

After missing BDing on Friday we have made up for it since, I know the chances are miniscule but it has to be worth a try, its our last chance before we get started.

I've been doing some research into drug costs. The clinic said that I might be able to get them cheaper elsewhere but others who are using the same clinic say that they do actually offer the best price.

Hello
Think I got away with it! DP said she didnt see the texts and started a new one. Think I might get him a chain to hang his phone around his neck, cant risk that happening again :haha:

I wondered about IUI too but DPs numbers are just too low. I like the thought of not going through the drug regime. I've read the success rates are much lower than IVF but presumably the treatment is much cheaper.

After missing BDing on Friday we have made up for it since, I know the chances are miniscule but it has to be worth a try, its our last chance before we get started.

I've been doing some research into drug costs. The clinic said that I might be able to get them cheaper elsewhere but others who are using the same clinic say that they do actually offer the best price.

The good thing about IUI is they'd scrub the :spermy: putting only the peppy ones back and it costs 1/13th the cost over here in Canada.

So for the IVF waiting list, it looks like Mummy goes first Feb/Mar, Melbram March/April and I go April/May. Spring of 2013 is going to be busy ladies, with pregnant ladies, no doubt about it!
Is there anyone else doing IVF in the next few months?

Yep me too, starting mid-march on long protocol. I have a feeling this will be a good time for us, spring is the season of growth and new life.

:thumbup:

Yes, spring is perfect for pregnancies to begin. Being outside during first and second getting sun and exercise will make for an easier 9 months. It has to work for all of us, we're 57 pages into this thread, about waiting for IVF. And it's funny, we all seem to be doing long protocol?

It's nice we're all doing it around about the same time.
So pinkie and melbram be starting around same time.
I'm on the short protocol.
Fingers crossed this year number 13 will be lucky for all of us!!!

Period needs to stay away another 4 days until Friday!!!

Pinkie glad MIL didn't see the texts, it's private and she should respect that.

My hubby's count is low so there would be no success with IUI,
So they track ovulation do they for that? No drugs needed x

It's nice we're all doing it around about the same time.
So pinkie and melbram be starting around same time.
I'm on the short protocol.
Fingers crossed this year number 13 will be lucky for all of us!!!

Period needs to stay away another 4 days until Friday!!!

Pinkie glad MIL didn't see the texts, it's private and she should respect that.

My hubby's count is low so there would be no success with IUI,
So they track ovulation do they for that? No drugs needed x

Yes Pinkie, I didn't respond previously about the mil seeing the texts but I'm very glad for you too. And yes, agree with chaining it to his body!!

Mummy, they're going to track follicle with this IUI cycle and use something to trigger O. Same thing that they'll use with IVF Gonal F or something like that??

Called the fc today to send us the IVF package. I said 2 months to them in Jan, the way it works is they'd wait for 2 (JAN/FEB), send me a package mid-March, then April I'd do the pill and May IUI (long protocol). 2 months to me means they should be mailing me the package now so that when my cycle starts March 15 I can be on the pill for 3 weeks & IVF April. That's 3 months but more like the timing I was thinking about. I know I'll be sitting in March stir-crazy. I'm done with waiting.

A friend at work just told me today he's expecting his second baby, I didn't burst into tears (but wanted to), I just threw my arms around him wishing him congratulations (we're close, he was my client for 4 years). I've had watery eyes all day today-so sad, I hate not being able to celebrate friends successes.

I was on gonal f and had cetrotide as trigger but heard a lot of people use gonal as trigger.

I hope you get it sorted, it's horrible waiting as we all know.

I want to celebrate my friends pregnancy with her but don't feel I can until I get mine, sad but that's the way I feel x

Yes, it's just upsettig to me everytime I hear about another pregnancy and it's not mine, I never thought I'd feel this desperate and selfish.

I can't remember what the drug is, they mentioned a bunch of them, it's all greek to me.

I never thought I'd tell that way too, and it's sad we feel this way, but we've been dealt a crap card on the baby making front.

Been out for curry with the girlies tonight as 1 is leaving us for a new venture.
Got my group chat tomorrow so need to be up and out nice and early.
Period has stayed away!!! Yay so unless it decides to come mega late and wait I should start around next week, let you all know what happens tomorrow x

Mummy that's fantastic news especially that your AF stayed away. Sounds like a great day for you and YUMMM Curry - oh I'll have to make curry one of my 20 lb weight loss celebrations. I've got pizza pegged for another of them. :happydance:

Just got off the phone with fc, The IUI nurse was SUPER grumpy. Said i couldn't do IUI this month and then IVF next month, huh? Why not? So I'm doing IVF with down reg on Friday this month IF they can put me on the bcp for 4 weeks instead of 3. My OH will be in the UAE march 22-30 and the ER would be on the 25th. I'm very pleased, shocked but pleased. The doc has to approve the 4 weeks bcp and if she says it's too risky then I'll ask them why I can't do the IUI this month and IVF next. I'm just not up on all of this and they're not explaining things. :growlmad:

They don't explain things very well, I was told 1 thing by nurses who didn't explain but then had an appt with a consultant who explained in detail.
They might not let you go it back to back like that because if the money.
They said when you have a mc and your trying naturally again, you can try after 3 months but with Nhs ivf you have to wait 6 months inbetween because if that's your 1st cycle tried there is only so much money in the pot for people to have it done, so they make you wait 6 months to make it fair x

Yay Happy Valentines to you too! DP bought me a beautiful charm for my Pandora bracelet awwww.

Just togging up to go see the team at work in the rain... bloomin weather!

Hope everyone is ok :hugs:

Wish my hubby bought me a new pandora charm ha but we don't buy presents.

Just waiting to pick up my prescription now, got 45 mins wait.
They have a new rule that once you get a positive test that you go back straight away for a prescription of progesterone and take it until they say so but I'm going to get cream anyway and if they say stop before 12 weeks pregnant I will carry on taking a bit more x

Now just need to chill out as much as possible and get my period started ha x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->