waiting for ivf and struggling!

Pinkie I agree and that's how I felt last time.
I don't think it's as bad to have the stress whilst doing the injections, tho it helps not too. But to be off work and do nothing from egg collection so you have the best chances of the egg/ eggs taking.
I will get a doctors note for the 2 weeks off like I did last time to chill.

2have4kids I haven't heard of that I'm afraid and I haven't a clue what natural IUI is either.
Sorry I'm no help x
Where have you heard of using the ivf drugs and conceiving naturally x

I was PM-ing with 'pregosauce' who has done the meds with a natural. We'll see how it goes and what the fs says when I ask her about it...

Congrats on starting your stimming mummywannabe :happydance:

Pinkie: looks like we will be going through it together then. Do you know what meds you will be on. Mine are exactly the same as last time - Buserelin to down reg, menopure to stim and gonal f as trigger

2have4kids: I have heard of natural IVF but dont know much about it because I havent had to do it :winkwink:

It's funny how were all around the same time, like when women are good friends and there cycles sync up.

I've got my 1st scan and bloods on Tuesday.
I'm on a higher dose this time so hoping I make better progress than before. I was very slow to progress and then it be over quicker and I can find out ha
Impatient already. It really took it out of me before.
When I went for my group chat they said it mostly takes 10 days and you might only have to come back twice before you have ER, I just laughed, everyone looked at me, but I didn't say anything. After my 1st scan at day 5 we went back every 3rd day for another 2 weeks then every other day for another week. Took nearly 4 weeks to get my eggs big enough. It was long winded for sure. Hoping up be quicker this time x

Wow, 4 weeks on stims! I guess they stay on the conservative side to avoid hyperovulation. Were there other ladies in there on their 2+ round or all newbies?

At that chat you mean?
I haven't a clue, they didn't ask us personal stuff in front of people and didn't get to chat in the waiting room because we were called 1st to have our 1 on 1 and get out prescription.
There were a few that you could tell were doing there 1st the way they were following what she said with there own bit of paper and watching the injections being done. And the other 2 couples looked more relaxed about it.

I still think its silly you have to hear it again but suppose things change and you forget stuff too. But that bits over now.
Day 2 of injections.
My hubby woke me up this morning with "the nasty" as he calls it and a cupa.
Got to get ready for work now and really wish I didn't.

You got any plans?

Will catch up with you all later x

I'd like it to be a surprise unless there are more than one!

Is 'the nasty' what I think it is?!

Haha nooooo I just realised that I didn't say what I meant. He means doing the injection because I'm petrified of them haha

I always said I wouldn't find out because it has to be the biggest surprise you'll ever get. But if it was twins I think you would need to be a bit more prepared but hubby still said no.
I think it would be lovely for him to tell me what it was when I give birth x

If it's twins or multiples I want to find out, if it's a singleton, like our last pregnancy we didn't want to find out, just have a surprise.

I just asked my oh, he wouldn't want to know even with multiples. I think twins for me would be a big deal, to have 2boys names, 2 girls names, 1boy/1girl whew, it's too much to plan for lol.
I would be ever so thankful for twins though.

Same here. We would be so happy finding out it was twins, we've always said after waiting so long, it would be like not having to wait another year or 2 to have your next one.
Hard I'm sure but we wouldn't care.

Has anyone else got children already? I forgot to ask that.

2have4kids do you just have 1 child? How old?

No kids here yet, just two dogs. I think the same, twins would make a family complete without having to think about this process again. I'd be so delighted if it happened to us but I think I'd want to be prepared for what sex they were, although probably wouldnt tell anyone else.

We had one of DPs best mates over last night with his wife and her 6 yr old. They live 6 hours away so it was nice to see them but I find her hard work. They got married last year and have been trying since. Needless to say they are of course, expecting, 7 weeks. Yet again, I'm delighted for them but yet again, I feel bombarded by pregnancies and babies. Gaaaggghhhh. Didnt bang on to DP about it as I know he feels bad and he is trying to keep me positive for IVF, but chatted to MiL this morning and she understood. She said it seems cruel that we are constantly having to celebrate everyone else good news but she also said we WILL get this baby and have our turn!

I had given up alcohol completely for the lead up to IVF but caved in last night and had a couple of glasses. Hey ho, back on the wagon today!

Hope everyone else is ok :hugs:

Glad they have upped your meds this time around mummywannabe - it was very long for your last time - think I was just the normal 9 days of stimmulating. Im on exactly the same meds as last time - hope I dont overstimulate this time round! Hope your lil eggies are making good progress for you by Tuesday

Pinkie: I too am on the wagon - once you get out of the habit its not so bad is it - also trying to lay off caffeine - dont drink coffee anyway but cutting out those extra cups of tea etc

Hi to everyone else - hope you are all doing well

afm chilled weekend this weekend 30th bday party and a christening (which I am godmother at) next weekend

Oh Pinkie, i'm off caffeine and alcohol too and thank goodness i have a cold because last night we went to mom's house to celebrate OH's bday and they drank single malt scotch ALL night. Wine & scotch are hard for me to resist but since i was feeling so crappy I wasn't even temped.
Mummy, i don't have kids yet, just 2 fluffballs. I have another house with 3 suites and 3 tenants who are like kids, always needing a new battery in a smoke alarm, light bulb or something they should be able to do on their own. I want the kind of children i don't scowl at for wanting a pacifier or bottle lol :haha:

I feel the same pinkie that its a lot more to repair for twins.
You find the child hard work or the woman?
I find my best friends partner a bit arrogant but you have to put up with them as they married/ dating your friend.

I don't really drink but when I go out with friends for dinner is have a glass of wine normally, not fussed tho unless my in laws crack open the champers! Love that!

I've been drinking decaf tea for about a year and try not to have coke.
Been eating lots of eggs, full fat milk and lots of veg.

Hope it helps a bit with good eggs and it be nice to have from frozen this time.

We had our flat painted this weekend as we just don't want to do it ourselves at the moment. Looks a lot fresher now. Hoping someone will move in soon so we don't have the worry of paying 2 mortgages.

We just have our 3 kitties. Hubby really wants a dog but he knows its not right just before we have a baby.

2have4kids. Your tenants sounds like idiots. They just don't want to pay for anything themselves, by calling you, you have to get the bulbs/ batteries etc

That's my weekend of working done. Thank god! I'm not sure ill be working the next few I'm due too x

I dont find it hard to give up caffeine/booze etc for the IVF until something happens which winds me up and then its hard not to have a glass of something! I changed our coffee to decaff without telling DP and he didnt notice for months :haha: I told him eventually and he's not fussed. I do love diet coke though and cant seem to get caffeine free diet coke locally.

2have4kids - where are you up to with your IUI?

mummy.wannabe - good for you for getting your flat nice, fingers crossed you get some tennants soon. The rental market is really strong around here, hope it is with you too.

Melbram - realised I didnt answer your question about meds; I'm on Buserelin for down reg, Menopur for stims and Ovitrelle for trigger. Last time I was on Gonal F for stims but everything else is still the same. Hope you have enjoyed chilling. We'll be starting around the same time, two weeks to go!

Hope everyone else is ok x

Melbram, you overstimmed last time yet they're using the same dose? Are there precurser symptoms that you can watch out for? I really hope everything goes well!!

Mummy, it seems one can get architects, lawyers, IT professional - really decent people as renters but some of us just need help screwing in a light bulb! We had to make 2 trips over there this weekend, 1 kept burning toast making all three hard wired smoke detectors scream so the middle tenants smoked the detector with a broom to shut it off and busted the unit so now all three beep because the system knows that 1 is broken. Bleh, so we'll have to get a proper extractor fan for the lady in the loft so when she burns her toast she can avoid getting the other tenants upset/breaking their stuff. There is a massive window right in front of the toaster but that would be too easy woulnd't it?

Pinkie thanks for asking, I went for follicle tracking today and they saw a 21 mm + 16 and 13 so we do the trigger tonight at midnight and the iui Tuesday afternoon. My LH levels aren't even registering on my cbefm yet. I was wondering if naturally, if it takes me another 5 days to release the egg how big would that follie get or does size even matter? They all seemed to be on my right side, wonder if nothing's working on my left.:shrug:

Cor 2 have4kids I didn't think you had got that far yet.
I don't have a lot of eggs on my right side and had lots on the left but they were empty.
Hope you get a good amount of eggs.
You feeling ok about it all? X

Only 2weeks to go melbram and pinkie! It will fly by.

What are people's real names?
Hi I'm Hayley.
Wonder if we remember them x

I wondered about the follie sizes too... how big a follie would get in a normal cycle before it decides to release. With my last IVF I had considerably more follies on my right ovary (9 vs 18 I think). I shouldnt think it means your other ovary isnt working, just not this month maybe. Wishing you loads of luck with the iui, hope you manage to get there without IVF x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->